Strobist = Photo MacGyver on Steriods

If you haven’t visited Strobist yet, you must go there now.

It’s one of my favorite photo-geek (in the cool sense) blogs on the web – intelligence mixed with insight, humor, and wit, all wrapped into off-camera lighting on the cheap and easy. Word on the street is that he very graciously compared our cool, portable Photography Laptop Case to something out of Q’s workshop in a James Bond flick. Well Strobist, if we’re Bond over here (case IS complete with Rocket Launchers btw), you are far and away the net’s Photo MacGyver on Steriods.

Ever wanted to light something creatively using just your two Nikon SB800 flashes? Or better yet with a slide projector, some lights from Home Depot and a stick of gum? Well Strobist is your man. And if he hasn’t MacGyver’ed it YET, he knows someone who has and he posts that info for us too. Check out his friend Daniel’s solution for when you’re in a pinch for a lightstand for your off camera flash (btw, this had happened to me about 50 times…). At any rate, Strobist is a fantastic resource. He concocts, perfects, uses, and then shares the best do-it-yourself photo lighting tips on the net; and his motto sums it up: Less Gear, More Brain, Better light.

8 Responses to Strobist = Photo MacGyver on Steriods

1. gewitterkind March 31, 2007 at 10:44 am #

Hey,
    it would be pretty cool to know which photo blogs you’re reading besides strobist.

2. Chase Jarvis April 1, 2007 at 10:33 am #

Right on. I try to keep readers in the loop regarding what I’m tuned into simply by noting certain blogs in entries, so keep your eyes peeled here. Beyond that, I can say that we’re in the middle of planning to migrate to WordPress soon. Our template is complete and we’re just holding on for our ISP’s new server to be able to accommodate the new, more powerful blog. I’m told two weeks, but I’ll estimate a month. After that time, it’ll be easier for me to post a blogroll or at least categories referencing other cool blogs/pages I’m reading. So more coming soon…

3. Deb Sasao March 21, 2012 at 4:04 am #

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

4. muadil toner October 6, 2012 at 8:03 am #

fantastic submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

5. TADEUSZ November 14, 2012 at 10:38 am #

Great info and right to the point. I don’t know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thx :)

6. Byron Prophit November 26, 2012 at 7:43 am #

Thank you for sharing some of the info.

7. Gabriele Dunman January 4, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

I are an inttrernet examiner and I more often than not glare to have accurate and admirable facts. I are pleased you have putted such a difficult equipment everyday safe method that a first-timers could appreciate it widout ny difiuclty. I genuinely be thankful for your effort. Go on the abundant work

8. Stephanie April 17, 2014 at 4:24 pm #

It does lack a complete 100Hz mode, managing at
    60Hz instead, but this is pretty a frequent omission
    in the decrease cost bracket. With a screen response time of 4-milliseconds, this
    LCD HDTV will provide you with a high-end image fluidity that is beautiful to watch.
    You get less glare with your LCD TV, and they are the
    lightest and most compact televisions on the market.