Shocking Design Spectrum

I like popular culture a lot. I’m a junkie with respect to it… I also like design, technology, branding, and athletics among lots of other things. And it’s a collision of several of things interests that brought me to want to post this quick entry. I was shocked this morning–when perusing my daily must-hits online–and I stumbled on the following two things back to back.

First thing, I’d not seen before. Second item, I’ve seen many many times, even lusted over, but hadn’t caught the commercial online. These two items and everything they stand for stood so sharply in contrast to one another that I felt compelled to share ‘em…

A) The worst logo ever; certainly the worst OLYMPIC logo ever, multiplied by 1000.

B) One of the more exciting, enticing designs in quite some time:

Regarding A: I can’t believe that the UK Olympic Committee paid 400k British Pounds ($800k dollars) to develop it over the course of a year@ Read what some people think.

Regarding B: I can’t wait till June 29th!!

Isn’t the spectrum in quality of design amazing? These two things juxtaposed seem totally absurd. How could one thing be so crappy and the other so dreamy? The range is amazing.

How much thought have you given your brand/look/functionality/design/effectiveness?

(Saw it first on Seth bright and early this morning, but love the multi-link idea from a few days ago, David)

After making an attempt a career in specialist baseball, Michael returned to the NBA and right away
became the dominating presence that he had been just before he retired.
So that you can remove it for better fitting of your orthotic shoe inserts.

Yet other data-gathering projects that command access onto
personal belongings that is not specially allowed by law.

According to the Harrvard Business Review, thhere
are three basic approawches when creating a positioning strategy:.
If you want to be known as the best fitness
trainer in your area be sure to continue your
education and expand your knowledge. Right now, I am planning for my grandmother’s passing.
Marketing and advertising can bbe aas simple as promoting your pproducts or services with flyers and newspaper ads.

At first glance, working from home and making money online can appear to
be significantly more difficult than stuffing envelopes.
As frustrating aas it may be or get, you must never give up.
Finnd out iff your content falls under the category
of non acceppted content. The way MLMs work is this:
whatever product the MLM markets is secondary to getting people to buy in to
be new sales reps.

For instance: through a theme on animals, the preschooler could draw, paint,
construct with play dough, make animal hats from building paper, and so forth.

Allen Park, Belleville, Canton, MI; Dearborn, MI; Dearborn Heights, Detroit, MI, dumpster rental
in Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, MI; Harper Woods MI, Inkster,
Livonia MI, New Boston, MI; Plymouth, Redford, Rockwood, Romulus, MI; Taylor, Wayne, Westland,
and Wyandotte, MI. Auburn Hills, Berkley, Beverly Hills, dumpster rental Birmingham, MI; Bloomfield, MI; Clawson,
Commerce Twp, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Franklin, Hazel Park,
Highland Twp, Holly, Huntington Woods, Keego Harbor, Lathrup Village, dumpster rental in Milford, MI;
Northville, Novi MI, Oak Park, MI; Orchard Lake, Nice Ridge, Pontiac,
Rochester, Rochester Hills, Royal Oak, MI; Southfield, dumpster rental
in Troy MI, Walled Lake, Waterford, MI, West Bloomfield, and Wixom,
Michigan.

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Very useful information particularly the last part :) I care for such info much.

I was looking for this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and best of luck.

I am in fact grateful to the holder of this site who has shared this impressive piece of writing at at this place.

If you’ve assessed your specific needs and are still unsure which basement
remodeling method will be ideal for your home, reach out to your local
basement remodeling contractor. A decent budget: The old adage
is that a customer gets what they pay for. Place posters in high quality glass frames and put them on display.

Harriett says:

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the idea of a user in his/her brain that how a user
can be aware of it. Thus that’s why this article
is outstdanding. Thanks!

Indira says:

Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn.
This is an extremely well written article.
I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your useful
info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

Normand says:

I have read several just right stuff here. Certainly worth
bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you set to
make any such magnificent informative web site.

It tropical is extremely crucial in opposition to understand your id efficacy until eventually such
occasion as just one pamper on your own using trivial
of the mortgage deals utilizing flashing Most effective Mortgage Rate.

Tim Dinges says:

This design is wicked! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Wonderful blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any tips? Thank you!

top10blog says:

How do we get clients for web hosting

Really Good Job…. You Helping People A lot.

I in addition to my friends have already been looking through the good pointers on the blog then then developed a terrible feeling I never expressed respect to the blog owner for those strategies. The ladies are actually for that reason excited to read all of them and already have certainly been tapping into those things. We appreciate you getting indeed helpful and for picking out this kind of outstanding topics millions of individuals are really desperate to know about. My personal honest regret for not expressing appreciation to you earlier.

Well written article. That you are a really persuasive writer. I can see this within your article.

Rio 2016 olimpics logo is an example of a good (and simple) logo.

Chase Jarvis says:

Chris: that is hilarious. I see it. Brilliant.

chris says:

I read somewhere that the olympics logo looks like lisa simpson giving head. It does.

Chase Jarvis says:

Thanks for the kind words, Mona. For functionality, you should tune into the design world mags. I subscribe to nearly every one and devour them diligently. the more you review/examine the successful stuff, the more attuned you’ll become.

Mona says:

Oh. That Olympic logo is so depressing…hmm.

“How much thought have you given your brand/ look/ functionality/ design/ effectiveness?”

A whole dang lot! My biggest problem, though, is that I am a student and as such I have a lot to learn about the “functionality” part of design…

Anyway, your work is SO inspiring!! When I see your work I think, “And this is what greatness is…” And then I want to go throw my camera out the window. Heh, heh. But I wish you continued success!

Chase Jarvis says:

David: OMG! That’s something every good logo should do – cause a seizure!

(seriously, go check out the link David posted…)

Chase Jarvis says:

Finn: I KNEW you’d love this this thing, man! (which is something I love about you!) I love work that tries hard to cut against the grain, for sure. I love it for that, but I gotta think that it might be a joke it’s so poorly done. Risky logo design is one thing, but I’m literally just waiting for the biggest internet hoax ever to be unveiled that we’ve all been punked!

Chase Jarvis says:

A.R.Yngve _ long live Punk Rock. And if the UK Olympics used their 400,000 British Pounds–what was available to them— a little better, they’d have something a little stronger, eh?

David says:

Regarding the logo, and previous UK marketing moves:

A few years back, “Great Britain” hired a marketing/PR firm to spruce up their image.

The result? They were told to drop the “Great.” Just say “Britain.” You don’t need to use the “Great” anymore.

Cost: ~$1,000,000.00 USD.

I wish I had the cohones to charge that kind of money for such profound and sophisticated advice. (Sheesh.)

Finn McKenty says:

I think the Olympics logo is awesome. It’s different, fresh, energetic, and young- and most of all, hats off to the design manager for having the guts to try something different. I love it that everybody is so up in arms about it. The best work always polarizes people like that.

Carson Blume says:

The logo makes me sad, the iPhone makes me smile!

The London olympic logo is a travesty.

There’s so much design talent in the UK that it’s just an embarrassment.

Whilst Wolff Olins was the agency with the commission, an equal share of the responsibility must go to the client, headed by public figure and althete Seb Coe.

Since when has Sebastian Coe been a brand strategist? Oh well. Here’s hoping a re-design is soon on the cards after public pressure.

Thanks for the link, Chase.

Jeżu says:

Hi Chase… This logo is absolutely scary. :/ It’s a big shame that they want to show something like that to the world… Brrrrr. Shocking.

By the way, I have enjoyed your “ninjas” thing ;)

A.R.Yngve says:

Well, at least these two cases show that money alone can’t create good design… or brains. ;)

I think about this a lot, and try to constantly think of new ways to get good design on a very low budget.

Remember Punk? The Punk Rock aesthetic was to turn poverty into a design (literally poverty; Johnny Rotten has said in interviews that they couldn’t afford to dress better), and use whatever was at hand — junk, even.

Perhaps we can learn something from Punk Rock — not that we must dress in garbage if we can avoid it, but to use what’s available creatively.