Cornicopea of Speedlinks

-I love that Mikhail Gorbachev will soon be a poster-boy for Louis Vuitton. StateoftheArt tells us the campaign is coming in September. Smart advertising I think (funny smart, not Einstein smart). What does this say about our appetite for celebrity?

-Please sign this digital petition to make it easier/possible to continue to photograph and film in NYC. Mayor Bloomberg’s Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcasting is set to begin requiring a $1 million insurance policy on August 2nd for all shooters. Fine for pros who typically get a permit, but what about amateurs, videographers, etc? A blatant assault. More detailed article here at the Jones Report. Help crush this b/s.

-I continue to be impressed with David Airey’s design, blogging, tech, net, etc blog. BTW, he’s currently updating our logo.

-Since you’re already a big fan, you probably know that Strobist launched in Espanol.

-The iPhone can now control your computer. (See my earlier post on the iPhone).

-Speaking of Apple Computer, the AppleTV is cool. I’ve got one at home and we’re integrating another one into our new studio (under construction). CreativeTechs are so smart, they tell you how to display your photos or design as a portfolio theater in your studio.

-Senior maverick writer, Kevin Kelly from Wired Magazine has an interesting piece on Edge.org claiming that technology is the 7th Kingdom of Life, called Technium.

-Get your Big Lebowski action figures.

-Thanks to the new friends who have recently been linking here:
PDN Pulse, PDN Magazine’s swell new blog.
RandClay Design Blog, smart, juicy design blog.
Lightheavyweight, Finn McKenty’s design, branding and marketing insights
What’s the Jackanory?, an Irishman living in NYC blogging about photography.
PsuedoFish Design Blog, design blog.
Daily Pennsylvanian Photo Department Blog, the University of Pennsylvania’s indie newspaper blog
SensorNoise, new-ish New Zealand photographer’s blog
Paul Galipeau is a Chase Jarvis Blog reader who petitioned for a free t-shirt and ended up convincing me to send him one. He’s been wearing it for weeks on end as he covers a global warming story near the arctic circle for CBS. He sent a photo from somewhere near the North Pole wearing it…(btw, support the Blue Earth Alliance.)
Wirehead, an eclectic guy with wires in his brain.

10 Responses to Cornicopea of Speedlinks

1. ANDREW HETHERINGTON July 26, 2007 at 7:36 pm #

chase

thanks for linking me “whats the jackanory ?”

we actually met at the PDN party in NYC. Jay deFoore introduced us right as you guys wandered in and we exchanged a few words

keep fighting the good fight and telling it like you see it

cheers

andrew

2. David Airey :: Graphic Designer July 27, 2007 at 3:42 am #

Hey Chase,

Thanks for the mention buddy. Much appreciated.

Have you ordered up The Dude’s action figure? Make mine a white russian.

3. brian faini July 27, 2007 at 8:31 am #

Chase and everyone else,

Wanted to share a link that a Strobist put together, an RSS site of popular photography blogs and sites.

A good way to keep up on the latest in the photographic world, though I think he should add PDN to it. The NYC thing is BULL… I hope for the best on it.

Brian

4. Chase Jarvis July 27, 2007 at 9:39 am #

Andrew: I totally recall meeting you at the PDN party (despite a couple o vodkas with DeFoore under my belt ;) . Keep up the Jackanory and I hope our paths cross again soon.

5. Chase Jarvis July 27, 2007 at 9:46 am #

David: I’ve not yet got my Lebowski action figure, although I plan to order when I get back in the office Monday.

More importantly, I appear to have missed this year’s LebowskiFest event in Seattle. If you’re a Lebowski fan and don’t know about the worldwide festival of all things Big Lebowski, you’ll need to visit the LebowskiFest site immediately. There’s probably an event coming to your city soon!

6. Derek July 27, 2007 at 9:58 am #

Chase,
    Thanks for the updates. I enjoy reading your blog. I’m on the NYC issue…

Keep on.

Derek

7. Randa Clay July 30, 2007 at 12:32 pm #

Thanks for the mention Chase – it’s kind of you to link back to my site. I learned about your stuff from David Airey, and have been a fan ever since. I especially like the videos you post that show the process your team goes through to get the great shots.

8. Chase Jarvis August 9, 2007 at 6:56 pm #

Yeeehaw! Update on the NYC permit issue: stopped.

9. Ryan R. Dlugosz August 11, 2007 at 8:08 am #

Mark it 8, dude.

10. Kancelaria prawna w warszawie November 23, 2011 at 9:50 am #

Thank you for another wonderful article. Where else could anybody get that kind of info in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.