Photography 2.0: Seats For Photoshelter Event Going Fast

Mark your calendars!

The smart folks over at Photoshelter.com –that cool site you’ve been hearing a lot about lately that allows you to archive, distribute and license images directly– have just put together a neat-o six city tour aiming to inform, unravel, and discuss what they’re calling Photography 2.0: The Business of Photography in the Digital Era.

And get a load o’ this: it’s FREE.

The format looks to be really engaging, down-to-earth and accessible with speakers and/or panelists from all sides of the equation – photographers, photo buyers, software, hardware, etc – followed by a town hall style roundtable of Q&A;, and wrapping up with a nice big party…er, ah, I mean a “reception.”

Moreover, I’m very excited to announce that I’ll be the guest speaker kicking off the tour at the legendary Filmore East on September 14 in NYC. If you’re in that neck of the woods and you are able to attend, please do. I’ll try to have something interesting to say, and it would be great to connect with as many readers as possible while I’m out there. Please introduce yourself if we cross paths.

Oh ya, did I mention that all these events are FREE? That said, I just spoke with the organizers and they said that in the first day more than 200 people already RSVP’d for the NYC event alone. Spaces are still available for this and other locations, but they’re going fast. You must register in advance for your spot at the Photoshelter City Tour here.

Dates and cities are listed below, go check one out:

September 14, 2007
New York City
Irving Plaza – Filmore East (NY)

September 17, 2007

Los Angeles / Orange County
Orange County Fair and Exposition Center

19 Responses to Photography 2.0: Seats For Photoshelter Event Going Fast

1. Carson Blume August 20, 2007 at 8:13 am #

I heart Photoshelter!

2. Colin M. Lenton August 20, 2007 at 8:38 pm #

Hey thanks for the headsup Chase…
    I’ve never seen you speak before but I’ve been reading the blog fairly frequently and I look forward to it.

If we cross paths I’d love to hang out with you and chat a bit about the blackbox of photography and or have a beer or something.

- peace

3. Chase Jarvis August 20, 2007 at 8:42 pm #

Right on, Colin. We’ll toast with a cocktail at the reception AND chat about the black box.

4. Anonymous August 21, 2007 at 2:48 am #

Chase –

I’m already in with Photoshelter. Thanks for the cool blurb. You can look my stuff up there. Small town photog working for weekly paper and in your world — chump change — but, a good foundation, steady hands and ready for a big time assignment! Come to Maine!

~ Roger

5. colin m. lenton August 22, 2007 at 7:48 am #

great, i’ll get in touch closer to the 14th

6. Jim Lafferty September 14, 2007 at 6:07 pm #

Thanks for your speech, Chase. You were inspirational and as always, generous with the info you shared. It was a pleasure…

7. Rod Popescu September 22, 2014 at 1:44 am #

Fantastically very good bless you, It is my impression your trusty followers may well want more information such as this keep up the excellent effort.

8. the lovely dragon September 23, 2014 at 12:35 am #

I love you.

9. Darlene October 17, 2014 at 8:05 am #

Yoour style iss really unique iin commparison to othe people
    I have read stuff from. Thanks for posying when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll
    jut bkok mak this blog.

10. Harvey October 17, 2014 at 9:06 pm #

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Veery wll written!

11. Berry October 19, 2014 at 12:26 am #

I love looking thrugh an article that ccan make people think.
    Also, many thanks foor alowing foor me tto comment!

12. Victor October 19, 2014 at 7:04 am #

Thiss text iss priceless. Whre can I find ouut more?

13. hotel frankfurt oder November 7, 2014 at 4:27 am #

Great article. It is very unfortunate that over the last 10 years, the travel industry has had to fight terrorism, SARS, tsunamis, bird flu, swine flu, along with the first ever real global economic downturn. Through all of it the industry has really proven to be strong, resilient as well as dynamic, acquiring new solutions to deal with adversity. There are continually fresh challenges and opportunities to which the industry must again adapt and answer.

14. Le Sherbon November 8, 2014 at 6:50 am #

Great read, I love reading about diet. Loved the tip rainey just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. God knows I’ve tried! I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

15. Garden Maintenance November 8, 2014 at 11:40 pm #

Aw, this was a genuinely nice post. In concept I wish to put in writing like this moreover ?taking time and actual effort to make an exceptional post?nonetheless what can I say?I procrastinate alot and by no indicates seem to get something done.

16. Colin Shannon PRA November 9, 2014 at 8:30 pm #

Dead pent topic matter, thanks for entropy.

17. Romford solicitor November 14, 2014 at 5:10 am #

I definitely like your writing style, terrific information and facts, thanks for putting up : D.

18. freelancing November 16, 2014 at 9:13 am #

Hi. I wanted to thank you for the terrific details youve posted in your web web page. I will definitelycome back to examine it out yet again and have subscribedto your RSS feed. Have an excellent day.

19. 2014 top fastest cars December 11, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

Never imagined that I read and visit the website article was really interesting to read everyone especially for me. For that, I thank you for your article is very interesting to read and matching visited your website.