Reminder: Photoshelter in NYC Friday

Just a quick reminder that I’ll be speaking at the Photoshelter event tomorrow, Friday September 14, in NYC. If you haven’t done so already, register and plan to attand – at the time of this writing there are only 42 seats left.

Keep in mind there’s a lot of cool — and more important, valuable, enriching — stuff going on at the event besides my talk. There are other presentations, and round table discussions that look to be interesting, and heck, even a “reception” (party).

Also keep in mind that this is FREE. Hope to see you there. If we cross paths, please introduce yourself!

[And oh ya, my friend David Hobby, aka Strobist, will be lurking there too... try to catch a glimpse of him. He'll be the one in the back row throwing stuff. My earlier entry for the Photoshelter 2.0 event is here in case you missed it.]

12 Responses to Reminder: Photoshelter in NYC Friday

1. brian faini September 13, 2007 at 6:26 am #

Chase,
    Would it be to much to ask for a little input in the form of a post of what goes down at the event, all that jazz. I had hoped to attend the Atlanta meeting but have other obligations.

Brian

2. Chase Jarvis September 13, 2007 at 7:44 am #

Hi Brian: Not quite sure about exact details of the event in advance, only because it’s the tour kick-off. There is a fair bit of discussion online (via my links and others’) about what to expect But I think you’re asking if I’ll recap the event in a new blog entry after it happens. Is that right?

3. Jacob September 13, 2007 at 12:27 pm #

I seriously considered buying a last minute ticket to NY for this, as my sis lives in Brooklyn.

Unfortunately, real life hip-checked me and reminded me that it wasn’t quite within the realm of wise purchases for this month (or any month, I suppose). However, I’m sending my sister to take notes for me. If you talk to a bubby Pratt University Library Sciences/Art History major, that’s her.

Next time I hope to be there.

4. brian faini September 13, 2007 at 1:40 pm #

Yes indeedy…
    If you would be so kind. I have read some of the expectations. But from speakers like yourself, you never know what light bulbs could be turned on.

5. BUILD LLC September 13, 2007 at 4:22 pm #

A bit off topic but since you’re in NYC… there’s a great little building at 6th Ave & W 43rd – it’s a photography gallery/museum of some sort. Is it the International Center of Photography? It’s a hot little building – is it modernlist.com material?

6. ANDREW HETHERINGTON September 16, 2007 at 11:39 am #

Chase

Great to see you again, and yes I am up for drinks at the Whiskey Bar next time you are in town.

As always you were highly illuminating.

You can catch my review of you and the rest of the goings on on the blog

herehttp://whatsthejackanory.blogspot.com/

You will have to scroll down a little to get to you

Keep on keeping on

Cheers

Andrew

7. Chase Jarvis September 16, 2007 at 3:10 pm #

modernlist.com andrew: DAMN – missed the buidling… running short on time in NYC. I’ll get it next time I’m there and give you a full review ;)

8. Chase Jarvis September 16, 2007 at 3:12 pm #

Jackanory Andrew: thanks for the link, review, and kind words. I really enjoyed crossing paths again and connecting after the show. Also great to meet your friend John.

Keep it real – cj

9. Chase Jarvis September 16, 2007 at 3:14 pm #

Jacob: I think your sis asked a couple questions on your behalf if I’m not mistaken…unless there were multiple people’s sisters there representing brothers who couldn’t make it.

Hopefully she took good notes ;)

10. Brett Beyer September 16, 2007 at 4:13 pm #

Hey Chase,

Thank you for making the trip to NYC. I was inspired by your whole attitude on Photography 2.0 and where we are going.

I talked to you briefly while you were sitting on the stage. Your presentation rocked. And having your own dj equals major style points.

The whole event gave me a lot of ideas about my photo career and how I want to make it happen. Especially making the photos I want to make and following that passion. I focus on musicians and alternative lighting techniques. I’ve heard from quite a few people in the photo community that what i do is nothing more than a “style” that i need to get away from. I’ve always done this type of work and it’s what i love so i’m gonna keep at it. Thanks for your talk!

Brett

11. Colin September 18, 2007 at 12:10 pm #

nice to meet you Chase, thanks for what I believe was an extremely valuable lesson

12. Aracely June 4, 2014 at 12:55 am #

Thanks a ton! It a great web-site!.