Reminder: Atlanta PDN On the Road Today and Tomorrow

I’m en route to Atlanta now and wanted to remind any interested friends that I’ll be delivering the keynote address at the PDN On the Road event tomorrow – Tuesday, October 2nd. The two-day event started today, however you can still snag a spot–for either both days or just one day (half price) — if you register online and/or just head to the venue and bang on the ticket booth window.

Feel free to throw rotten fruit at me, but there are a handful of other speakers that deserve your attention including: Debra Weiss (creative consultant), Mary Virginia Swanson (creative consultant), Aaron Schindler (financial strategist), Michael Britt (digi workflow master), Patrick Donahue (VP/chief photog at Corbis), Jeanine Fijol (PDN Photo Editor), Stephen Johnson (digi printing master), and Brian Storm (multimedia wizard). Sorry for no links to these peeps, but the connection here is slower than a snail and my plane is boarding right now… You’ll find links to them at the PDN OTR link above.

Hope to see many of you there – please introduce yourself if our paths cross.

[Don't forget that this event is in cahoots with the annual Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP) Festival that's happening for the better part of a month.]

7 Responses to Reminder: Atlanta PDN On the Road Today and Tomorrow

1. David October 3, 2007 at 12:11 pm #

Chase,

I was at the Atlanta event and wanted to thank you for a great, passionate talk. For me it was exactly the type of discussion I needed to crank up the motivation again. For someone who hasn’t done commercial work, what do you recommend having in the portfolio before jumping into the fray? I’m mostly portrait but do photojournalistic style portrait about 1/2 the time.

2. Ken Mott October 3, 2007 at 2:16 pm #

Not about this event, but I have a question.

How often do you actually shoot in Seattle? Do you ever cause most of your things are on location somewhere else.

3. Chase Jarvis October 4, 2007 at 4:08 am #

David: You should have a portfolio that looks equal to or better than the commercial work you see in ads in your favorite print mags. Reverse engineer your favorite shots and go do better work.

4. Chase Jarvis October 4, 2007 at 4:10 am #

Ken: I shoot in Seattle whenever possible, which isn’t all that much ;) I’ve got a project in November here in Seattle, but most of my stuff is on the road or in the bigger markets. That said, I LOVE shooting in SEATTLE when the great gigs come up. It’s an amazing place…

5. James Quantz Jr. October 4, 2007 at 12:49 pm #

Chase,

Great to meet you and I thoroughly enjoyed your inspiring presentation. Thanks for “giving back” and I look forward to visiting here in the future. Best-

6. Ken Mott October 4, 2007 at 2:36 pm #

I agree, I love it out here. Sure beats the Midwest.

And now that I think about I remember seeing some of your Parkour shots from Freeway Park.

7. Adam Swords October 14, 2007 at 11:32 am #