Apple Releases Aperture 2

Exciting news for photographers. Apple has just minutes ago released the much-anticipated Aperture 2. Looking very powerful, featuring an impressive “more than 100 improvements” over the last edition 1.5. Check it out for yourselves here:

Macworld Article Featuring Apple Aperture 2

Apple.com site featuring Aperture 2.

[I’m on the road, in transit, so didn’t have but a minute to get this post up – just thought you’d like to know…]

Pilates says:

Excellent article. I’m facing many of these issues as well..

cupon says:

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t fail me just as much as this particular one. After all, Yes, it was my choice to read through, nonetheless I actually believed you would have something useful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something that you can fix if you were not too busy looking for attention.

eqn plat says:

I have really learned some new things by means of your blog site. One other thing I’d like to say is the fact newer laptop operating systems often allow extra memory to get used, but they likewise demand more memory simply to operate. If an individual’s computer can not handle much more memory as well as the newest software package requires that storage increase, it may be the time to buy a new Laptop or computer. Thanks

Amway says:

Does that mean that Amway corporate is pushing an amway
scam. If you keep it simple and focus on what works, instead of sucking money from your business partners.
An Amway review will help you understand why you want to be involved with this great company.

But wanna comment on few general things, The website design and style is perfect, the content material is real superb : D.

I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of fantastic information, saved to favorites (:.

sokkerdad says:

I’m just really diving into shooting everything in RAW. Used to be wary about the uber time-suck. Admittedly, though, I’m very impressed with how fast you can be and on the adjustment freedom you’ve got. I never had the earlier release, so I don’t know all the improvements, but it seems quite slick.

Axl says:

Thanks for the update Chase. I’m downloading the upgrade now, thanks to you. LOVE this new version. You owe me $99 :)

Chase Jarvis says:

Joel- Indeed I have. VAST improvements in many areas. Some of our favs:

1)workflow – it’s very fast; preview mode is widely enhanced; the UI is much more intuitive; background exporting of files while you’re working is really nice.

2)tools – you now get lots more useful tools like vibrancy, definition, recovery, vignette, retouch brush to name a few (!); and tethered shooting is new and awesome. Keyboard shortcuts n stuff too…

3)bonus stuff – book layouts are better and you can publish thru any service; export to Flickr plugins, etc, with surely lots more plugins on the way.

It’s a huge upgrade. The engineers certainly listened to photographers when went about buffing Aperture 2 out.

Joel Flory says:

Chase,

Have you had some time to take a look at the program? What are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Hugh Macdonald says:

I’m liking the look of this…

I’ve been using Aperture 1.5 for about the last 6 or 7 months. Aperture 2 has a load of features that I’m not sure I’m so bothered about, but the main things that I’m very excited about are more workflow-based ones – customiseable keyboard shortcuts and in-built tethered shooting (I’ve done tethered shooting into Aperture before, but it had to run through so many different programs to get the pictures there)

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

stevienicks says:

Danno – I’m actually just the opposite. Given the last 8 hours on this new app, I’m shifting entirely over here after running with both for some time. Aperture 2 is SOOO fast on my MacPro! Love the tabs too. Very clean. I o like the output of both lightroom and this new aperture, but truth be told, I’m seduced by Apple
s UI. I’m also all Apple, so the PC/Mac thing is not a consideration. To each their own, but I’m with Aperture.

Danno says:

Yeah, i’m gonna stick with Lightroom, all the way. Many reasons , but really the fact that it is both PC and Mac compatible I can have both machines running off of the same networked attached storage device holding all the photos… not so with aperture :/ apple only product. I have both mac’s and pc’s and need an app that works in both environments.

Rocksteady,
Danno~

Your Mama says:

Just downloaded the upgrade. It’s fast, and it’s sexy.

Thanks for the info, good catch James Hill , thats funny..

James Hill says:

They incorrectly spelt their own product, haha.. brilliant… although they’ve now fixed the production site I got a sneaky screenshot.

Anonymous says:

@phoebe: yes. upgrade is downloadable now. and looks like you can get a full trial version for 30 days for free – good news.

Anonymous says:

YES!! Thnks for the heads up. And looks like the upgrad e is only $99 from the last version. Anyone know if it’s downloadable immediately?

PhoebeT