Blogs of Note

Being the popular culture junkie that I am, I’m always in search of new blogs. And what better place to track down great new material than by learning from some talented people at Google’s Blogger Team (creators of the software that’s putting this and millions of other blogs on the web…), whose job it is to champion all things blog. If you like Stumble Upon or, better yet, other human-driven aggregators that introduce you to new stuff online, then I highly recommend the Blogger crew’s weblog called Blogs of Note. It’s a truly great read that highlights “interesting and noteworthy Blogger-powered blogs, compiled by the Blogger Team”. You know those dude/ettes know what’s up. Right?

Well, I used to think that, until recently. Apparently, amidst the near perfection over there at Google, I believe a handful of the uber-brains have actually made their first mistake. As devoted as I am to Blogs of Note, they screwed the pooch last week and mistakenly turned their beloved readership loose onto this really weird blog. Apparently it’s run by some total nut job. It seemed so out of place, so outclassed by the other well-respected blogs on the page, that I knew a mistake had been made.

So, like any good subscriber, I alerted the Blogger Team and made them aware of their misstep. Problem solved.

[Jokes aside, thanks so much for the mention--what an honor!]

11 Responses to Blogs of Note

1. JG Weddings April 6, 2008 at 11:59 pm #

Congrats on the Blogs of Note, Chase. Love that site.

Big Ups!
    JG
    Stockton, CA

2. Rockhopper April 7, 2008 at 2:22 am #

Hi, I am one of those sharing my experiences and hoping that people learn of me. I learnt something the other day is that you need a foundation to work from as you can have all the kit in the world and best motives. If you cannot light, compose handle the camera correctly you are letting yourself down as an artist.

I lost out on a professional photography job to a enthusiast who undercharged me. Looking at the images he produced in a positive way the ideas were there but the technical skills werent. Photoshop was going to pull him out of trouble he explained. However unless you know what you are doing with photoshop it can still lack that finesse.

A maxim i learnt was shoot in camera, it is something you have to learn by experience and inspiration.

Hope your quest succeeds,

Rich

3. Anonymous April 7, 2008 at 7:25 am #

Congrats on being a blog of note from the Blogger Team. Thats HUGE!

4. Huckleberry Hart April 7, 2008 at 7:28 am #

Is this the end for Google???

That’s awesome Chase! Congrats!

5. Rob Rogers April 7, 2008 at 7:14 pm #

You did notice that you were picked on April Fools Day, right? :-P

6. kaizen300308 April 8, 2008 at 4:26 am #

hey great blog….keep rocking….

dont forget to find some great presentation tips at http://kaizenpower.blogspot.com and some good card tricks at http://magicaltrick.blogspot.com

7. Chase Jarvis April 9, 2008 at 5:38 pm #

@ Rob: Indeed I did!! I teased the blogger team about that via email…

I’m always happy to play the fool ;)

8. Alex April 12, 2008 at 8:20 pm #

Hey, whatever works! Congrats on being on the Blogs of Note!!!

9. notes July 20, 2010 at 10:29 pm #

i satishfied blog of note from the Blogger Team. Thats HUGE!…………………………………………

10. Cole Mallette January 6, 2013 at 6:24 am #

Simply looking used for those staff concerning this page in that case a wonderful mottled this summon. Excellent impart nice consequences, absolutly superb letters skills, i for myself bookmarket your house document collected with movable time in the making on behalf of far-flung more.

11. Cori Subasic January 8, 2013 at 5:19 am #

Hello! Would you mind without difficulty let somebody in on your blog with my facebook party? There’s lots of folks that we think would indeed in fact value your gratify. Satisfy i would like to identify. Many express gratitude you