Happy Friday: Improv Everywhere

Feels great to be home after a long jaunt on the road. That said, I’m tuning out for the weekend for some R&R; and leaving you with something fun and clever. It’s been out for a long time, but I’m a sucker for this stuff. Happy Friday!

20 Responses to Happy Friday: Improv Everywhere

1. thesisdesignlab May 22, 2008 at 10:32 pm #

Welcome to the weekend! Enjoy it. This is a super cool project and definitely worth watching the vid again.

Cheers! G$

2. Stephan Sachs May 23, 2008 at 1:52 am #

haha – great flashmob ;o) i´d like to see an action like this live – but i think here in germany something like that is not very popular…love it ;o)

3. Nadine Toukan May 23, 2008 at 2:00 am #

;) Fantastic! I’m such a sucker for this stuff too. A couple weeks ago there was one at a mall in Amman.
    We sometimes forget how important play is.

4. Danno May 23, 2008 at 2:16 am #

I’ve been a fan of their work for well over a year and would love to be a part of one of their missions when I’m in NY.

Thanks for the fun post Chase!

Rocksteady,
    Danno~

5. Danno May 23, 2008 at 2:17 am #

Thanks for the fun post Chase!

Rocksteady,
    Danno~

6. Bryant Bell May 23, 2008 at 2:54 am #

that would be trippy to witness

7. Adam Swords May 23, 2008 at 4:20 am #

Same thing happened in Euston station here in London. A friend of mine was there to photograph it, he said it was so spooky to see everybody stop at the same time!

8. Marcos G. Meider May 23, 2008 at 8:32 am #

That’s fun!. Last march there was one in Barcelona, Spain.
    You can also watch it here:

9. TnT May 23, 2008 at 8:51 am #

I love the audio. Hearing all these confused people is great.

And then the applause at the end.

Very cool.

10. Allen May 23, 2008 at 9:23 am #

Brilliant. That’s awesome. :)

11. Richard Cave May 23, 2008 at 12:08 pm #

I want to have a go, right Chase pay for a return flight to Seattle and I will be free for any mob you like,

What a awesome GV shot this would make

Rich

Waiting for the tickets!

12. Michael Zahora May 23, 2008 at 12:29 pm #

Enjoy your down time Chase!

That was brilliant. Thanks for posting it.

13. Richard Cave May 23, 2008 at 4:11 pm #

In the UK we are having problems with street photography and the jobsworths who are stopping us from shooting in the street. What if we got a a lot of photographers together and at the allotted time every one stands stock still under a cctv camera and photographs it for a couple of minutes. That will upset a few applecarts. Then all the images have to be downloaded to a forum like flickr. it would be awesome.

I apologise but I have drunk too much caffeine today

Rich

14. keepsake May 23, 2008 at 8:10 pm #

Always love to see the harmless but eye-opening disruption of our day to day lives. What a shock to be at grand central that day… This is brilliant!

15. keith mcadams May 23, 2008 at 9:55 pm #

I work at best buy and the improv guys did a good prank at one of our stores in nyc

16. K.C. May 24, 2008 at 11:46 am #

Excellent. I am so glad I stopped in at your blog. I have never seen anything like that before. It was great, too, at the end when everyone started clapping and could appreciate the art in it! KC

17. Jay McLaughlin May 24, 2008 at 4:53 pm #

That’s so awesome! I wonder how much fun you could have with that. Would screw with people monitoring CCTV cameras if everyone was just frozen!

18. Adeela Badshah May 25, 2008 at 1:17 am #

That was absolutely delicious! I adore random actions that leave people astounded…

Enjoy your weekend

19. Adeela Badshah May 25, 2008 at 1:24 am #

Another delicious video is this wall animation, maybe you have seen it, maybe you haven’t but here is the link anyway

20. しらゅん May 24, 2013 at 4:44 am #

Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any way you possibly can take away me from that service? Thanks!