Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW_6, “The Trifecta”

Alert all the detectives. I haven’t done one of these low-brow things in a while, even amidst the requests…so here we go. Here’s another doozie of an RWAV. Only this one’s a little different. I’m not asking you to guess just one Room With(out) A View, but rather guess my location in my last three hotels at one go. Hence, “the Trifecta”. You know the game – props, a bunch of new visitors to your site, and perhaps some special treats to those that most accurately nail me on the most locations. BTW, don’t be scared by the task, there’s hints all over the web. – click the ‘continue reading’ link below for photos from all three rooms…

Location 1

Location 2

Location 3

Don’t forget to include your url along with your guess down in the comments below if you think you’re onto me, and if you win or maybe even get close, I’ll send a pipeline of new visitors to your site. I’ll probably have a pretty quick turn around on this one, since I’ve got a lot of other new content stacking up, so get out your magnifying glass and your Google maps and get going.

…if you’re not familiar with this series highlighting some of my time on the road, see other Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW‘s, below. Behind the scenes snapshot to follow when I reveal the locales:

[Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW]
[RWAW REVEALED: Paris, Rue Birague]
[Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW_2]
[RWAW REVEALED_2: Palm Springs, CA (Viceroy Hotel)]
[Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW_3]
[RWAW REVEALED_3: New York City (Hudson Hotel)]
[Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW_4]
[RWAV_4 REVEALED: Mazama, Washington (Freestone Inn)]
[Chase Jarvis: ROOM WITH(OUT) A VIEW_5]
[RWAV_5 REVEALED: San Diego (Sunset Cliffs)]

[Depending on your RSS reader, you may need to go here for the photos.]

This blog are the book for which they love on their planet. You can create nice writings! Blasting. We got a hold of the omega the tech and have to say that you have me at amazing.

Bryant Bell says:

1) West Broadway, New York, USA
2) Al Rigga St. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3) Madison St./ラーメン, Seattle/Tokyo photoshop compilation, Japashinton

nailed it…

BB

Leo Pan says:

Location 1:I can find a same view in China

Location 2:hum…don’t know

Location 3:How about Tokyo?

Anonymous says:

Last shot is for sure Tokyo. 100% Guaranteed.

hmmm..
I think the 2nd one is NY but not sure on the others… I guess I could just put answers from the other’s comments…

keith mcadams says:

-Tokyo, Japan
-Listel Shinjuku
-Facing south?

Keith McAdams

PhoebeT says:

Ok. This is saweet. I’m definitely on the tip of

1. Dubai (cool event that Gulf Photo Plus)
2. NYC (congrats on all the awards last week – btw, I checked out your “press” page… so impressive all the awards, read for an hour!)
3. I’m with Tokyo. You bounce around a lot and haven’t put any real “Asia” stuff up yet in this series.

Now we just need to drill down to some hotels in Tokyo. I know nothing about that stuff :>

I do know that I can’t wait to see your behind the scenes shots from these places!

*MeGaN* says:

you have a pretty cool blogg visit mine…http:mgradd1324.blogspot.com

MeGaN

Nicholas says:

1. Dubai
2. NYC-I was there as well-CONGRATS!
3. Tokyo-Sunroute Hotel?

Win, place, show.

Cheers,

Nicholas

Tim_Kemple says:

After much Flickr-ing and Google Earth-ing –

1) Dubai — as mentioned Holiday Inn (for Photo Plus)
2) NYC — Soho looking southeast (The Grand sounds good)
3) Tokyo — I’m going to say Shinju-ku and go out on a limb and say Listel Shinjuku (Nikon is nearby so this sounds as good a reason as any)

Thanks.

J

red says:

1 – Express by Holiday Inn, Dubai Internet City
2 – Soho Grand facing East
3 – (working on it)

VagabondJim says:

#2 Just feels like Cincinnati — red brick, no super tall buildings. We know you were there recently. But I can’t place it any more precisely than that.

TnT says:

I like Neil’s thoughts. Chase is a United airlines flyer and Frankfurt is one of their hubs. The architecture looks total euro too.

Nice job also to nail him at the Soho Grand in NYC. So that’s one hotel and two cities for sure, one city unconfirmed. We need two more hotels and one city.

embry_rucker says:

Good taste Chase.
#2 Soho Grand – room 1125?
-e

The fuzzy-foreground wires that look like a chain-link fence in the 3rd one are likely the safety glass on a Japanese hotel window (for a lower-rent hotel… higher-rent hotels will use thicker glass, avoiding the need for the embedded wires). So I’ll go with James about a Japan location for #3.

My first impression for #1 was San Diego again, but you already did a WWAV from there….

brian faini says:

Dubai, for Gulf Photo Plus

NYC for two reasons, receiving awards from PDN and then off to Brooklyn/ DUMBO for NY Photo Festival.

I just cant place the architecture in the third. Unless it is a trick and it is another NYC area local…. The architecture just doesn’t ring any bells.

Your crew flickr stream has no clues.

So here comes a slew of pin-point locals from geography wizards.

James says:

1) Dubai
2) NYC
3) Tokyo? It looks like Tokyo to me, but I don’t recall you mentioning Japan at any time.

Neil says:

Made me think for a while, but going with the following…

Location 1 – Dubai