Photo Geek Rap Video: 101 Photoshop Tips

Some of you may remember Deke McClelland, the Photoshop guru who put out video How To Use Scanned Money in Photoshop a couple years ago. Well his nerdness is back, and he’s rapping about Photoshop in this 5-minute video. There’s actually a ton of great stuff in there. In one viewing I nabbed a couple new tricks and rekindled a handful of oldies I had forgotten. Second viewing, that doubled. Watch it again. You know you want to… Want a transcribed list of all 101 tips, links to Deke’s blog, a hot video host site, and a pizza? It’s all there, after the jump. – Click the ‘continue reading’ link below …

OK, so there’s no pizza. But there is a link to my good friends at CreativeTechs who have so graciously played/paused the vid a million times and transcribed the list for you. There’s a link to Deke’s blog here (which looks to be ramping up again), and try this on for size: Blip.tv. I haven’t been paying much attention until now–this site does a really nice job with its vids. Embeddable, no branding, clean playback, and… downloadable. Nice.

17 Responses to Photo Geek Rap Video: 101 Photoshop Tips

1. Richard Cave June 30, 2008 at 10:53 am #

Made me laugh, I am glad I had a pause button!

2. PhoebeT June 30, 2008 at 11:53 am #

Holy smokes. Pshop overload! I thought I was in the know…

3. Marcel June 30, 2008 at 4:42 pm #

whoa, I need a brake, to much of redbul and shortcuts:) Still too much thigs to learn.
    Useful clip:)

4. Tuffer July 1, 2008 at 9:35 am #

It was funny, helpful, hyperactive… and then there was a chorus!

5. Adam July 1, 2008 at 9:53 am #

Dooh! I’ve been Deke’d! If you watched all of that…yes, it’s true, you are a Photoshop Geek, there is no denying it, embrace it…just don’t mention it to your cool friends. (I’ll keep that in a special place just in case I need to rewind it ;)

6. Bryant Bell July 2, 2008 at 10:20 am #

I hope I never know that much about Photoshop!

7. Nathan July 3, 2008 at 7:21 am #

@Adam – my cool friends are Photoshop geeks…. Aren’t yours?

8. Joe DuPont July 5, 2008 at 5:50 am #

Yikes…..Fantastic, exhausting, and intimidating. I think I better stick with Nikon NX

9. Justin Evidon July 5, 2008 at 11:43 am #

A little over-the-top for my taste. Sure there is a lot of useful shortcuts in there, but who is going to memorize a five minute rap on PS? I can just imagine the photo intern at an ad firm reciting the lyrics to himself…

10. Chase Jarvis July 5, 2008 at 2:03 pm #

@ Justin: agreed. But did you happen to link thru to CreativeTechs where they have transcribed every shortcut for you? Good stuff!

11. Jason Lam July 7, 2008 at 10:28 pm #

CHASE JARVIS – Stumbled upon your blog just a few days ago and your videos are very inspiring. I have a question. You highly recommend studying business. I was wondering how you went about learning about it and whether or not there are some AMAZING books that you recommend for me to read!

12. Chase Jarvis July 12, 2008 at 10:31 am #

@ Jason: asmp.org has an abundance of great resources. as does John Harrington’s blog photobusinessforum.blogspot.com those resources will lead you to secondary sources that are well worth the read. Beyond that, I’d take a page out of the brands that you love. Apple, Nike, RedCross.org whatever. What are they delivering to you (conceptually) as a customer that you would be able to pass on to your customers, art buyers, agents, whatever?

13. Michael August 2, 2008 at 2:53 pm #

this is the stupidest video I’ve ever seen. That guys voice is painful to listen to. I am much happier just using the Help guide.

14. rhalff August 25, 2008 at 9:12 am #

Cool!

Could you do this all again however and base it on subterranean homesick blues from Bob Dylan, it would be easier to memorize ;-)

15. Becka October 23, 2008 at 7:33 pm #

Good words.

16. Cara October 27, 2008 at 8:49 am #

You write very well.

17. click here October 1, 2014 at 9:22 am #

This web site can be a stroll-by for all of the information you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and also you’ll undoubtedly uncover it.