Photo Geek Rap Video: 101 Photoshop Tips

Some of you may remember Deke McClelland, the Photoshop guru who put out video How To Use Scanned Money in Photoshop a couple years ago. Well his nerdness is back, and he’s rapping about Photoshop in this 5-minute video. There’s actually a ton of great stuff in there. In one viewing I nabbed a couple new tricks and rekindled a handful of oldies I had forgotten. Second viewing, that doubled. Watch it again. You know you want to… Want a transcribed list of all 101 tips, links to Deke’s blog, a hot video host site, and a pizza? It’s all there, after the jump. – Click the ‘continue reading’ link below …

OK, so there’s no pizza. But there is a link to my good friends at CreativeTechs who have so graciously played/paused the vid a million times and transcribed the list for you. There’s a link to Deke’s blog here (which looks to be ramping up again), and try this on for size: Blip.tv. I haven’t been paying much attention until now–this site does a really nice job with its vids. Embeddable, no branding, clean playback, and… downloadable. Nice.

responsive blogger templates 2013

Cedrick says:

Terrifying now i’ll under no circumstances obtain one once more

click here says:

This web site can be a stroll-by for all of the information you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and also you’ll undoubtedly uncover it.

Cara says:

You write very well.

rhalff says:

Cool!

Could you do this all again however and base it on subterranean homesick blues from Bob Dylan, it would be easier to memorize ;-)

Michael says:

this is the stupidest video I’ve ever seen. That guys voice is painful to listen to. I am much happier just using the Help guide.

Chase Jarvis says:

@ Jason: asmp.org has an abundance of great resources. as does John Harrington’s blog photobusinessforum.blogspot.com those resources will lead you to secondary sources that are well worth the read. Beyond that, I’d take a page out of the brands that you love. Apple, Nike, RedCross.org whatever. What are they delivering to you (conceptually) as a customer that you would be able to pass on to your customers, art buyers, agents, whatever?

Jason Lam says:

CHASE JARVIS – Stumbled upon your blog just a few days ago and your videos are very inspiring. I have a question. You highly recommend studying business. I was wondering how you went about learning about it and whether or not there are some AMAZING books that you recommend for me to read!

Chase Jarvis says:

@ Justin: agreed. But did you happen to link thru to CreativeTechs where they have transcribed every shortcut for you? Good stuff!

A little over-the-top for my taste. Sure there is a lot of useful shortcuts in there, but who is going to memorize a five minute rap on PS? I can just imagine the photo intern at an ad firm reciting the lyrics to himself…

Joe DuPont says:

Yikes…..Fantastic, exhausting, and intimidating. I think I better stick with Nikon NX

Nathan says:

@Adam – my cool friends are Photoshop geeks…. Aren’t yours?

Bryant Bell says:

I hope I never know that much about Photoshop!

Adam says:

Dooh! I’ve been Deke’d! If you watched all of that…yes, it’s true, you are a Photoshop Geek, there is no denying it, embrace it…just don’t mention it to your cool friends. (I’ll keep that in a special place just in case I need to rewind it ;)

Tuffer says:

It was funny, helpful, hyperactive… and then there was a chorus!

Marcel says:

whoa, I need a brake, to much of redbul and shortcuts:) Still too much thigs to learn.
Useful clip:)

PhoebeT says:

Holy smokes. Pshop overload! I thought I was in the know…

Richard Cave says:

Made me laugh, I am glad I had a pause button!