Favor In Sydney

Quick favor to ask of those in or around Sydney, Australia. I’ve got this Emirates Airlines campaign running right now…it’s print magazine and OOH (out of home – slang for billboards, busboards, etc). I’ve got the digital art file (pictured), but I’d love a photo of the billboards for my records. Rumor has it they’re around the city and on road approaching the international terminal at the Sydney airport. I’ll send off one of my limited edition hipster t-shirts to the first couple people willing to email me a nice jpg or two. Thanks!

22 Responses to Favor In Sydney

1. Bryn July 30, 2008 at 11:24 pm #

Just come to Sydney to see it live… you know you want to.

Jokes aside i didnt notice it when i flew back from Singapore on Saturday, but will keep my eye out in the city for it and try and grab a photo.

2. Joel July 31, 2008 at 12:25 am #

I’ll keep an eye out for you.

3. Andrew July 31, 2008 at 1:13 am #

I’ve seen it somewhere around Melbourne…. now I just have to remember where, and have a camera on me when I find it…

4. Terence Carter July 31, 2008 at 1:55 am #

Chase, I’ll be in Melbourne tomorrow armed with a couple of Nikons, if I see it I’ll snap it.

5. Eric Schmiedl July 31, 2008 at 3:02 am #

Interesting take on an Eliott Erwitt/Doyle Dane Bernbach classic.

Of course, there’s only one thing us non-Aussies are interested in — the story behind the shot!

6. Angus July 31, 2008 at 5:02 am #

Send me an email, I think i know where there is one and ill snap you off some pics. Email is nswesp (AT) gmail (DOT) com

7. Adam July 31, 2008 at 8:50 am #

Nice pic Chase!

8. sarah rhoads July 31, 2008 at 9:06 am #

I absolutly love this tear sheet Chase! It tells a story of complete joy. I dont live in australlia, I live in your back yard so sorry I cant help you in that department.

9. Edward Suhadi July 31, 2008 at 9:33 am #

niiiiceeee :)

10. Nathan July 31, 2008 at 10:36 am #

Of course you have to ask the favour – after I drove past it on a massive billboard with this ad on it at Sydney International Airport… on the way to Italy to tie the knot. Alas – no photo of it I’m afraid…

Drove past it twice in three weeks and loved it both times. Great campaign mate… if you can wait six weeks…..

11. dov July 31, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

chase- what mags is it in?? I have a friend/ model living in
    sydney!
    -dov

12. Chase Jarvis July 31, 2008 at 2:51 pm #

@ dov: it’s in a host of titles all over the place… But I have the magazine tears and the original art already. Just looking for nice snaps of the billboards in their surroundings :)

13. Kourosh Azar July 31, 2008 at 4:45 pm #

I’m going to be around the Airport tomorrow. I’ll see what I can find for you.

14. domsan July 31, 2008 at 7:52 pm #

g’day Chase ..

just send ya some pics to the generic chasejarvis email address..

15. Dov Viramontes July 31, 2008 at 11:02 pm #

Ok Chase- My friend’s gonna see if she can find some shots throughout the city. I’ll be emailing her photos to you if she does :-)

16. Nathan August 2, 2008 at 6:19 am #

Chase,
    Asking my bro who’s coming over for my wedding to take some shots as they drive into Kingsford Smith…. will ping them across if he succeeds…

we’ll be in both Paris and Seattle on our honeymoon… might come by and say hello in Seattle!

17. Nathan August 6, 2008 at 1:55 pm #

Got it! Will ping it to you on email…

18. Juan August 8, 2008 at 5:11 pm #

Hi

I’m in Sydney right now, and two days ago went to the airport to pick up my ex-in-laws (I know, it’s weird). I did see a billboard of the campaign, but it wasn’t this image pictured. I have to go there tomorrow or the day after that, does anybody know for sure exactly where they are? (I’ll go to the international terminal)

19. associa photography August 14, 2008 at 3:28 pm #

Hey Chase,
    I’ve seen your billboards. Did you get any shots yet?
    I will definitely be able to take a couple of shots this Sunday if you still need them ( as I have to pick up someone from the airport. Just email me at glenn@associa.com.au if your still in need of em. Cheers Mate, Glenn Cogan.

20. German Feener December 23, 2012 at 4:40 am #

Hi there, I found your blog by way of Google while looking for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

21. Saul Riehl January 4, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem with your web position in muddle traveler, might test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a huge division of new community will abandon not on your fantastic inscription due to this problem.|

22. free music downloads site February 5, 2014 at 1:58 am #

It’s amazing to pay a quick visit this web site and reading the
    views of all friends on the topic of this piece of writing, while
    I am also zealous of getting experience.