Chase Jarvis FRAMES: Pray for Snow

Had this fun Chase Jarvis FRAMES buried in an earlier post and it was suggested by some smart friends that I give it a unique post url, like all the other vids. It made sense, so here it is. Apologies if you caught it the first time around. In the event you missed it, this vid features 3954 still frames of skiers and snowboarders ripping deep pow and hucking their meat around the slopes. We stitched each frame together and put ‘em to a great tune by the ever-flowing Saturday Knights (buy their tunes!) to help ring in winter and celebrate the limited edition coffee table book we just published last week.

And speaking of the book, thanks so much for all your orders via the book’s microsite. We’ve been totally steamrolled by the response. They’re going fast – thank you thank you thank you. I’m grateful.

If you live in Seattle or surrounds, consider swinging by the slide show and book signing at the Seattle REI this Friday, Oct 17, at 7pm. Admission is free. I’ll show some images, sign some books (avail for $35), there will be eats on hand, a benefit raffle for the Northwest Avalanche center, chances to win season passes from Stevens Pass, and, apparently there’s going to be a special guest?? Hmmm. Hope it’ll be fun.

19 Responses to Chase Jarvis FRAMES: Pray for Snow

1. Benjamin Schneider October 14, 2008 at 11:20 pm #

Great that you give it a unique post, why don’t you do this for the newest tech as well?

2. Benjamin Schneider October 14, 2008 at 11:22 pm #

…and also list it on ther right side at “VIdeos” and change the newest video…

3. Simon October 15, 2008 at 12:21 am #

Very cool, so cool to see some skiing photography, something I hope to be shooting this winter myself!

4. Skunkabilly October 15, 2008 at 12:25 am #

What, no flying Subaru??? :(

Just kidding…that was a hoot to watch!

5. Milan October 15, 2008 at 2:50 am #

Hello,
    Why didn’t you include this video in Podcast. I like to download it to my PC, because every video I watch few times. First time when I download it and second few days later, and third… :)

6. Chase Jarvis October 15, 2008 at 7:12 am #

@ Ben: will do… just busy as hell ;)

7. Chase Jarvis October 15, 2008 at 7:13 am #

@ milan: it take about 48 hours to hit the podcast due to Apple’s regulations… It’ll get there asap.
    Thx.

8. Stephen Hunton October 15, 2008 at 7:46 am #

love your stuff. I shoot mostly kids/wedding/bands at this point, but I find so much inspiration in your work. Thanks for posting these videos. I think I need to do something like this with a wedding project to show what 1400 pics in 5 hours looks like. ;)

9. Stephen Hunton October 15, 2008 at 7:47 am #

10. Zak.Shelhamer October 15, 2008 at 9:58 am #

Holy smokes man, i shoot snowboarding in the tahoe area and that is a lot of freakin bangers. good job man

11. admin October 15, 2008 at 2:18 pm #

To everyone at ChaseJarvis, I saw this video the first time round and what great timing to bring a little more attention to it. I understand that you all are very busy currently and I can’t wait to see what you post in the future.

I would love to make it to the book signing,but the timing just is not right and I would have to reschedule a few shoots and the fact that living in Wisconsin does not help the matter at hand.

12. anothertony October 15, 2008 at 5:21 pm #

Man, I paused on some of those shots and they are sick! Would love to see some still frames.

13. Taylor Davidson October 15, 2008 at 8:48 pm #

Completely cool. We all know it takes a lot of work to create this many images and package it together like that, but we appreciate getting a glimpse of the highlights…

14. Colby McLemore October 17, 2008 at 2:04 pm #

Great video

15. Milan October 19, 2008 at 8:59 am #

I don’t know if it is only me, or something is wrong. iTunes still does not show this and Chase Jarvis TECH: High Speed Photography :(

16. Dudley January 20, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

Chase,

Do you have any TECH posts for shooting skiing/snowboarding? Besides bracketing +1.0/2.0 EV, I was wondering more specifically about what you used in terms of rain/snow covers for your bodies? Any other recommendations for shooting in cold/wet/inclement weather would be appreciated.

P.S. Steven’s Pass is a fun, cool book.

Thanks,
    Dudley

17. Sebastian June 25, 2009 at 2:40 am #

Way siick, sick and images! Thx for the trip!
    Did you take all those shots in high res?!
    ..woha.

18. Horace Pribbeno December 22, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Hi there, I found your blog by way of Google while looking for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

19. Saul Riehl January 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

Hey there! That is my earliest observation now hence I immediately hunted to present a quick shout absent and let you identify I correctly take pleasure in conception your posts. Are you clever to advocate a few further blogs/websites/forums that acquire be concerned of the same subjects? Thanks a ton!