Updated Portfolio + New Project

I just recently updated my online portfolio with some more images that strike the chord I’ve been pursuing lately: curious moments coupled with simple, inky finishes that kick contrast and density rules to the curb.

Reminds me: I gained some insights, some laughs and some horror out of reading the comments from a post not too long ago where I encouraged you to Be My Editor, as well as the followup post The Results Are In. From “Genius!” to “Looks like a teenager with a D40″, the comments poured in–several hundred comments in less than 24 hours–and the range of feedback was wiiiiide. Loved it, really. Resulted in my inbox looking like Jean Michel Basquiat’s hair, but I loved it. Lovers, haters, and some WTF?’ers. Right where I’d wanna be, actually. Rather have that then nothing worth a conversation.

Years ago I rolled out like a textbook and I felt like half a man because of it. Nowadays, I could give a shyte. I want to make the pictures I want to make. Period. And funny thing – it’s works. Those crafty art directors have a sixth sense for when you’re doing work you like. They can smell it, and they pick up the phone.

BTW, for those that like a bit of a game, how about big cash prizes a high five and a frozen pizza to whomever nails (in the comments section) which image #’s in my portfolio are newly added. [Update: have had lots of people within one image of getting the list of new shots correct. Now either a tuned-in reader or a statistician is soon to get it…]

More discussion and a new addition to the Projects page after the jump. Click the ‘continue reading’ link below …

Ok, so this new-ish project I’ve also recently posted is nothing like the projects that normally drive me (like this). The new little project I’ve been working on rather irregularly for a couple of years is a series of landscape images from New Zealand.

Backstory is that I work in New Zealand a lot since it’s opposite seasonally to the northern hemisphere. Shoots like to go down south (NZ, Chile, South Africa) to get opposite weather and shoot “in-season” material for stuff that’s not going to see the light of day up north for 6 months. You get it. Anyway, I’m there a lot and am constantly awed by the landscape. Stunning. So on each trip down to the En Zed, as they say, I’ve been aiming to get a couple of handsome landscapes. It’s finally getting somewhere.

In reality, I don’t have anywhere near the patience to be a true landscape shooter, nor do I have the desire. It’s totally out of my character, which is precisely why it’s healthy for me to slow down just a little bit and look around for these shots. As my Dad would say, “it builds character” (…to which Harvey Keitel responds, from Pulp Fiction, “just because you are a character doensn’t mean you have character…”). Regardless, it gets me out of my comfort zone and helps me see other shots better in the work I enjoy. If you’re a shooter reading this, and you’re not occasionally stepping out of your comfort zone, consider giving it a try some time. It’ll get your knickers in a twist, but ultimately it will make you a better photographer.

To those of you who got a sneak peek at these shots in NYC, and have at one time or another come with pitch forks demanding I post them, here ya go. To the rest, there might be something there worth looking at, but there might not be. If nothing else you’ll at least see some of what New Zealand has to offer.

Remember to tell me which shots are new in the portfolio. I’m interested if you know or if you even care, really.

top10blog says:

Well, we all gotta start somewhere, here I am reading this great post and leaving a footprint by spreading the word of my freelance switch. Check out my website for graphics photos, magazine and blog, I”m sure someone will find interesting. Spread the word too if you like or subscribe to newsletter.
Thanks for the tips Chad and you got me as a rss feeder.

I like this weblog really significantly, Its a rattling nice billet to read and discover info .

Always pleased to interpret amazing articles.. Spirit be present rearward on behalf of further representing sure! Thank you for sharing

I do believe all the concepts you’ve presented on your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for starters. May you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.

Thanks for your post. My partner and i have always noticed that a lot of people are needing to lose weight simply because wish to show up slim along with attractive. Nevertheless, they do not usually realize that there are additional benefits for losing weight in addition. Doctors claim that obese people suffer from a variety of conditions that can be perfectely attributed to the excess weight. The good thing is that people that are overweight and suffering from several diseases are able to reduce the severity of their own illnesses by simply losing weight. It is possible to see a steady but noted improvement in health whenever even a slight amount of fat reduction is obtained.

I agree along with your believed. Thank you for the sharing.

kontynuować says:

Your way of explaining the whole thing in this post is actually good, every one be able to without difficulty understand it, Thanks a lot.

kolonie says:

Whats Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & help different users like its helped me. Great job.

laptop says:

Some actually good and useful info on this web site , too I think the style has got superb options.

I truly enjoy looking at on this site, it has superb posts. “Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.” by Demosthenes.

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going over your web page yet again.

Touche. Great questions. Sustain the great work.

It is truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

“Hey, thanks for the article post.Much thanks again. Awesome.”

Ha ha… I was just surfing around and took a look at these feedback. I can’t believe that there’s still this much interest. Thanks for writing about this.

More Info says:

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve visited your blog before but after going through many of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m certainly happy I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!

Gay Kitson says:

I have observed that online education is getting well-liked because attaining your degree online has turned into a popular method for many people. A lot of people have not had a possibility to attend an established college or university nonetheless seek the improved earning possibilities and career advancement that a Bachelors Degree provides. Still other individuals might have a diploma in one field but wish to pursue something they already have an interest in.

Ami Poremba says:

My spouse and i were so satisfied when Jordan managed to finish off his researching using the ideas he came across when using the site. It’s not at all simplistic to just continually be giving out guides which often other folks might have been trying to sell. And we all consider we have the website owner to give thanks to because of that. The entire illustrations you’ve made, the straightforward website navigation, the friendships you help foster – it’s all amazing, and it’s making our son in addition to us believe that this content is excellent, and that is extraordinarily fundamental. Thanks for everything!

If only they’d have had the large 5 rules on the match at aged mountaineer area. There is absolutely no way any of our lovers will toss stuff (something) onto the field this yr.

Really Good Work…. You Helping People A lot.

you are really a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a wonderful job on this topic!

Meera says:

1,4,5,7,10,16,22,28,31

Anonymous says:

Wow man. Big changes since the last time I saw your portfolio. Solid.

Anonymous says:

Did anybody nail it?

chase –
your shots from enzed make me homesick. i studied photography at massey in wellington, but it’ll be five years ago this spring since i’ve been there. great work — especially #13. i remember being amazed by all the glaciers and that cool green water in the rives from all the glacial deposits while i was on the south island. love seeing yet another dimension of your work!
amanda
helena, montana

Danie Nel says:

Really dig the new porty.Sure – not ALL of it is up my alley – but any decent artist should be able to sense context, purpose and intent. And you seem intent on loving what you do. Amen to that, brother. Looking forward to your projects, that’s where I really get into photographer’s style.

Keep it up, mate, you’re doing inspiring stuff. And as for the teenager with a D40-thrash: I’m a pro and having a BALL with my K1000 (even it is only for fun!)…

Sorry – not entering the game.

The problem with remembering what was in your portfolio before is that I think I’ve seen some of the shots, but not in your port. Anyhow… Here goes my attempt:

1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 18, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31

I’m also a bit on the fence about 22. I know I’ve seen it before but don’t know if it was from the portfolio or somewhere else on your blog or something.

Hipporage says:

1,4,5,8,10,11,13,16,22,28,31. Awesome work though.

Anonymous says:

Nice new portfolio Chase, kudos.
I think the newly added images are:
1,4,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,21,22,30

Jonas Silius from Lithuania

P.S. Happy holidays!

Jeff says:

I loved the old stuff and love the new stuff. here’s a wild stab – I haven’t looked since we played the rate your portfolio last time:

1,3,5,7,8,9,10,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,21,24,25,27,28,30,31,32

Stephanie Vermillion says:

Hmm…I’ll take a guess.

1,5,7,10,12,13,15,16,19,22,25,28,30 and 31.

Rdrev says:

10, 15, 16, 30, 31, 32

Err… 1,3,7,8,11,12,13,14,15,18,19,24,29,30 ??

Anonymous says:

Roughly 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 23, 24, 28, 31

8 and 30, but you have updated the portfolio in the recent past.

1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 28, 31 – New

Ray Peoples says:

i think i am going to go with
6,8,30

by the way really enjoy the blog and the tips. thanks for reaching out to fellow photographers.

tedrzz says:

4,5,7,10,16,19,31

Oh by the way, I like banana peppers on my pizza:)

Whencutdeep says:

First time commenting here…
I’ve been following your work.. Must say.. You’re an inspiration!

From what I remember of the portfolio I think the images that have changed are 1,4,5,7,8,10,13,15,16,18,21,24,27,28,30,31,32.

The pic of the tatoo ‘diabetes’, is from the project ‘songs for eating and drinking’ .. not sure if I had seen it in the portfolio or in the blogpost… :)

Cheers

Anonymous says:

ego trip

Can I just say WHOOO! You posted your landscape work! I saw a glimpse of it in the PhotoShelter talk way back when, and wanted to see more. It’s fantastic, I love the light and tones. Positively brilliant.

As far as the new portfolio goes… I don’t remember seeing 1, 4, 7, 8, 16, 17, 19, 25, 30, 31. (Good thing I already have a pizza, eh?)

lets see:1,4,5,7,8,10,15,16,17,18,19,21,25,30,31,32

Love the way that it looks, and love what you are working on. If showing what we want to shoot really works, then I hope you are having fun, cause the iamges have a TON of energy

Anonymous says:

I don’t want to guess, I just want to gawk. Awesome work.

Jujee says:

guessing here.
1, 5, 7, 10, 16, 31

love the new transition. keep it coming.

Oops the 3 before 32 is obviously 31

25 – is the sickest photo in there.

23 – is an extremely hot angle, subject, and t-shirt on the right. (left too, of course) Have the girls send me an e-mail. Or atleast tell them I said hi! :)

Not a favorite, but is that person doing a backflip in 32? Niiice!

Your landscapes are, ‘eh’, basic standard for the locations you were in. Most are flat; you should start thinking about adding more ‘pop’ with interesting foreground matter. It’d be tougher to actually get to the places you were at than to make those images. But keep up the work here, you’re moving along; nice graphic material. Also, if you like black and white landscapes, study Bradford Washburn, you ‘definatly maybe’ know of him.

The image “After The Storm, Climbers on East Ridge of the Doldenhorn (11,952′) in the Swiss Alps” is ‘one’ of the most incredible landscape photos you have seen. (notice the foot prints leading from the left of the frame to the climbers). Imagine climbing ‘Mt. Huntington’s Incredible North Face. Alaska’?

3 names – Galen Rowell, Art Wolfe, and Frans Lanting

You must be getting a kick out of seeing everyone’s guesses! How engaging.

My hazed memory tells me:

3,8,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,21,23,24,25,27,28,30,31,and 32 are the new ones.

You da man, keep on inspiring.

Cheers!

:ADL

Iván Baña says:

Very nice landscape pictures, Ansel Adams would be proud of that work.
I study some blogging skils in my advertisement lessons and I find in your blog always a source of inspiration. I love this kind of dialogue.

WTH? nobody said #8? I think that’s one i’ve never seen on there before. 11,12, 15,16,17,18,21. 28. 30. 32. Those I’ve probably seen before in some videocast or elsewhere, but not in the livebooks set.

great work!.

Gordon says:

Well I think that I like your new portfolio. Looking through it now I think I live every image!

Here’s the ones I think are new…
1,4,5,6,10,13,15,16,22,23,28,30,31

Next time you’re in NZ, how about a workshop…should be dead easy to sell out!!

James says:

So, I saw that I might be able to get a high five, and I thought piece of cake, I visit at least once a day.

In the end, visiting that frequently hurt my chances of a high five, because I’ve seen your “new” images so many times now that the old ones blend in with the new.

I’ll just leave it at that :)

Oh, thanks for finally posting some of your landscape photography!
Must have been amazing to soak in that scene!

James

dima says:

Dima
08 is the one

Gregory says:

I’m pretty sure it’s 1,4,5,7,10,13,16,22,28, and 31

If I’m right, instead of frozen pizza, can I intern in Seattle?

Really, though… I’ll start at the bottom, fetching the frozen pizzas.

My guess would be…

1,4,5,6,7,maybe 8,10,maybe 12,15,16,19,20,22,23,28,30,31

Wow! That seems like a lot. Were 4,5, 22 and 28 shot on your D90 test shoots? Random thought…

Work looks great! Keep killing it!

Thanks for the free tixs to Stevens you gave away at REI. Good stuff. I finally have a reason to ride Stevens. Go Alpie!!! Haha… Take it easy!

Regina Reese says:

16, 31, 30 since the last time I looked.-RR :)

Anonymous says:

Sandra (On, CAN) says:

1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10,15, 16, 22 (from songs for E&D; shoot), 28, 30, and 31.
I'm 99% sure that's it since your last update.
P.S. Thanks for being the epitome of the complete opposite of what I'm taught in school. I can't wait to graduate from my photography program and use my own brain. Some day, I'll be free.

test says:

Great work as usual!

I´ll just note the ones I remember from the only time I looked through your portfolio. That would give you the same information but I look a bit better since I´d not guess that all that I can´t remember are new…

From before I remember:
2,3,9,12,13,14,17,19,20,21,22,23,26

david says:

Hmm, 5, 7, 10, 13 and 14 i think.

The rest, we’ve seen it all before :o)

ATB

Moto

"Jeff" says:

David Hobby first brought you to my eye when you were using flash in daylight in a hot over the top way. It wasn’t too much light, but light that said only one guy does this. Some of your shots have lost that sizzle that was fun to try and figure out. The teenager with the 40D is a bit harsh, but fits more now that I think about it. I hope you haven’t lost your way…

OK Chase, I’ll try.

8, 13, , 15, 16, 18, 19, 25, 28, 30, 31.

I love the natural light sources exposed this way. Makes you want to squint into the sun!

Not sure, because seeing some of these in your blog messed with my memory. At any rate, here is my guess:
1,4,5,8,10,16,17,18,19,21,22,30,31,32

Thanks for keeping up the awesome work, it’s always inspiring for me.

1-4-5-7-8-10-15-16-17-21-22-23-25-26-28-30-31-32

Chase – love the NZ images, you know how near and dear to my heart that landscape is – and you nailed it. the tonality and the feeling of calm within the images is fantastic. great work!

as for the new images here are my guesses: 4,5,7,8,10,15,16,19,22,24,25,30,31. that’s my gut feeling!

Kia Ora Bro!
Scott

Sooo… you were going for the Ansel Adams look right? :)
I like the first one. Don’t know why but that kind of colors/contrast appeals to me lately.

Brian C says:

Chase, screw guessing which photos are new in the portfolio. Get busy making the NZ landscape shots into a book. They are fantastic.

B

Chuck says:

I’m shocked so many people are so far off on this:

10, 12, 15, 16, 25, 28, 30, 31

I dont understand some of this artsy stuff. Alot of my stuff is postcardy and cliche’d, but I dont understand how number 2 (the shopping carts) is legitimately art, or even remotely worth being in your portfolio. It seems like alot of “Fine Art” photography has this snapshot, “what?” quality to it. Can you enlighten me?

Nicolas says:

Hi Chase,

I stumbled across your portfolio a few days ago and it was already full of new pictures. Anyway I have a guess about which pictures are new and which are not. I feel like to share so I will give some details about my though. Even if, in the end it will sound like I am a groupie. Funny though is that I randomly pick up a t-shirt this morning, and guess what, I am wearing the one you sent me last January…

Ok so here is my guess:
1; 4; 5; 7; 10; 16; 22; 30; 31.

I am pretty sure I've never seen these ones before in your portfolio.
I am not sure about the 7, but I am sure that you took the 22 with the d90 when you were playing around with it.

Here are some pictures that might feel like new in your portfolio but I've seen before:

6 – I think it was in your portfolio before this update. I think it came when you updated it with picture from dubai (I guess the one in the sand are from dubai…). Maybe your last update was done when you changed your website design – trying to browse my memories…

8 – I think I saw it before, but I am not sure. The fact it is a minimalistic image and not as graphic as some other ones does not help my mind…

15 – I do not know if it was in your portfolio, but it was probably in your set from Paris.

19 & 23 – I saw them before. 19 when you were comparing your work with other's idea in a previous. 23 at least in a few videos. I guess they were in your portfolio too…

24 – see 15 comment.

Ok it was enternaining to play with my memories, but now I have to go.

If I win a frozen pizza I would like to send slice to all the one who tried to guess.

Cheers,

Nicolas.

Chase Jarvis says:

I love Tuffer. Just made my day.

Anonymous says:

Chase. Art buyer here. Great stuff.

bill says:

looks good i think 16-30-31
you made me think differently about taking pictures and open my mind thanx a lot

Shelby White says:

I saw these online a couple weeks ago…you must have been editing the gallery and I got a glimpse off a new gallery saying “Coming Soon”.

Awesome gallery and love every image!

JVL says:

I’m not going to play the guessing game – someone out there is better than me on it anyways, but I like the portfolio and I definitely recognize some of the older ones over the new ones.

Aside from the daily inspiration I can draw from you, your writing, your work, I’ve got to say that your “action” shots are where it’s at. Maybe not where I want to be at – but I def want to give them a try. Get some strobage, some background, someone who’s active and just go to town.

I may not take any shots I like, likely, I’ll F-up the batch, but I’ll have tried and I definitely want to get a few out of the experience. Learning all the way.

The one I shot lately, the one that makes me think “yeah – I gotta do more of those” beyond the accident was this: http://jvl.stasis.org/pixelpost/index.php?showimage=511

not great, total accident, but I like it – and I want to do more.

Thanks.

garyallard says:

Lessee… 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 16, 22, 26, 31 (Hi, Chloe!) and maybe 25 but it could be I’ve seen it everywhere this year. That one has wracked up some award points.

The NZ work is really amazing stuff for an amateur landscape guy like yourself ;) I have always loved to look at landscape photos but have never had a real passion to do that kind of work and when I try it they just seem like snaps between “real” frames. Maybe I need more patience.

I would have to say that the new ones are all of them except like 20, 26, and 32 I know is some of your older work that was in the previous portfolio.

Danny says:

I skipped all of the comments and I am going solely off of memory. I suppose you’ll have to take my word on this.
Your new shots are: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 24, 28, and 31.
The only ones I’m not sure about are 13 and 19, but I’m pretty sure they’re new. You’ll have to let us know.

Steve W says:

Impressive landscape, would stand up with the best. As or the new shots, my guess is 1,4,5,7,10,16,30 and 31. Good adds to a wonderfully diverse and eclectic mix.

ok im guna go for 10, 15, 16, 23 and 27, how did i get on? btw any chance of getting a flickr round up U.K going?
(if its a yes can i get on board?)

Alexander Jordan

I have no idea, but I love #17!

I’m not going to compete in the “which shots are new” challenge, but am I right in saying that there are more people-oriented shots now than there used to be? That’s how it felt to me, this time through. Even though some of the shots with people in them are rather abstract (some of my faves, actually), the whole set seems more human-oriented now. I like!

Marc Lacombe says:

Ok here we go

1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 13, 16, 18, 19, 26, 30 ,31

I think…

Ole Simen says:

1,4,5,10,16,22,28,31 maybe?:D

True fan of your work;) I get a lot of inspiration from your photos and your blog…

Keep ‘em coming:P

Michael says:

I’m guessing, having seen the folio once for the Be My Editor post: 1,4,5,7,10,15,16,22,28

Chris says:

I am going with 30,31,32 Seeing as I look at your photos and share your site with friends quite often those are what seem new to me.

Anonymous says:

I used to very much dislike your shots, but the new portfolio is bad-ass (for the most part). Why didn’t you prepare something like this earlier? :) There’s still some poo, like the Paris car vs skater and US car vs nothing, or the pool shot for hasselblad.. Also, your ski photos are far better than the teenager with D40’s :) I don’t know why they didn’t make it to the folio.. Cheers

Tyler Lentz says:

10, 16, 30, 31

Stephon says:

Your work keeps me inspired.
New ones: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 16, 31

Tammy M. says:

I LOVE the landscapes. Makes me want to watch LOTR! Your work shakes the shasbot! Inspiring to look at it all.

Nathan Coe says:

16,30,31 have just been added! Looks great. Thanks!

Some great new posts Chase..here is my list as long as i could remember:):

10-13-16-19-22-25-30-31-32

Cheers,

Nathan says:

Been a little while since I took note – but 1,4,5,7,10,12,13,16,17,18,21,22,24,30,31,32

Christian says:

okay, I’ll give it a try:

1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15, 16, 22, 28, 30, 31.

good stuff!

Tuffer says:

The Basquait reference is interesting. I see a connection in some of your photos, in the sense that Basquait was often critiqued because people would look and say “I can do that” “its just crude drawings and words” “anyone could paint it” (I’m thinking shopping cart pic, station wagon pic).

But when it came down to it, Basquait (a) did in fact have all the technical skills to back it up(he could have drawn tourist portraits in montemarte if he wanted), and (b) you couldn’t actually create those paintings if you tried. what looks haphazard or simple is complex, made of of amazing creative decisions along the way.

Stevew says:

Excellent NZ pics! Call in for a coffee next time you are in Christchurch.
Steve

Nick423 says:

15,16,30

145710131516222325283031???

Nick says:

Being a kiwi it is cool to see NZ landscapes being presented in a different light to the traditional ‘chocolate box’ type imagery that is common. Of course my geography sucks, but the trees and scenery in #9 look a lot like Molesworth Station…

Gabe H. says:

Wait, now i’m thinking 4 5 6 7 9 10 12 15 16 22 25 30 and 31

Gabe H. says:

New from the last critique are 15, 25, 30 and 31.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Gabe

admin says:

1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 30, 31

Adam says:

1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 16, 22, 27, 28, 31
My favorite now is 22, the diabetes guy. I couldn’t tell the nice detail in this image from your previous post. I liked it before, but better now. Please get rid of #2, I’ll give you the prized “frozen pizza” if you do, and I’ll give you two high fives.

Alex Wise says:

Wow Chase I’m normally terribly picky when it comes to black and white landscape works but these are amazing! Keep up the great work.

Veronica says:

Wonderful shots of New Zealand, I've always wanted to go, especially after LOTR & now I have too!

It's been a while since I've gone through your portfolio but here is my list: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 32

Will you be putting together a book on New Zealand now?! or maybe selling prints of them? Just wondering : )

Dan says:

I would say 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 13, 16, 22, 26, 28, 30, 31.

Maybe on 12, 13, 32. They are either one’s from the past, were posted somewhere else on your site or to close to the same subject that I can’t tell if they are new or not. I don’t think you had the skiing one, 12. I remember Power lines but not the building, 13. Seen it before but I don’t think it was in the portfolio, 32.

It’s odd that No one remember 8.

Ellis says:

I believe they are: 1,4,5,7,10,16,22,28,30,31. Good job. I know it’s even hard for me to decide on adding or changing one image in my online port.

I couldn’t say whether they are new to the portfolio per se, but these are the images of yours I have not seen before: 5, 10, 13, 16, 19, 30 and 31. My favorite is a tie between 26 and 29.

The New Zealand photos were fun. As an Alaskan with New Zealand citizenship I understand how you can love the landscape, it’s the only other place besides Alaska that I could consider living right now. In that project I particularly enjoy 3 and 12.

Your comment about art directors having a sense for when we are doing work we love . . that is the good word brother. It’s the message of hope, encouragement, and confidence to listen carefully and follow our passions. Ha! I love it. Thanks for sharing, again, and again.

josh leclair says:

1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25 – instead of the pizza will you let me be a summer intern? no, seriously.

tatsuo says:

Newly added as of when Chase? Seems that you’ve added images at least twice over the past several months? = )

Tye Durbin says:

No idea which ones are new, but I really like #29 the reflection in the sunglasses is sweet. There are a couple of others that gave me the “WOW” factor too! Nice portfolio!

~TYE

Ken Beegle says:

I think the new ones are: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 25, 28, 30

I was also trying to remember which old ones were no longer in the portfolio. I remember the concrete factory with the flag off highway 99, one with manequins and I think one taken with a tilt-shift lens.

While my memory may not be that great, thanks for sharing all of them and the projects where you push yourself. They’re enjoyable to look at and a good inspiration to learn from.

brian faini says:

Chase, I love the landscapes.

No games for me today.

steve d. says:

Chase seriously. You suck in so many ways I just don’t know where to begin. That teenager with a d40 comment was bang on!
OK, [end sarcasm]

All I want to know is if there’s any way to get prints of your stuff. I find new ones I want every time I see your stuff and it’s all so varied.

But seriously dude, take a class or something!
[end hating/envying]

alright homey.

My attempt at a high five is: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15, 16, 23, 24, 28, 31, 32. maybe 22 too.

I hope you are well.

Adam Kaplan says:

Glad to see you’ve kept some ‘old’ shots in.

Here’re my guesses for new shots(or at least new shots from last time I flipped through it.):
1,4,5,7, 8,10,12,13,15,16,22,24,28,30,31, and maybe 32, I know I’ve seen that one before.

Alex DiFiori says:

new port looks great Chase, I like that you kept some f the previous port’s images, but I feel there are too many. My only suggestion would be to trim it down a little. Maybe just three photos or so. It starts flowing than flows for too long and ends a little abruptly.

Anyway, great work as always. Keep it up, you’re getting us photographers some cred by being cool and I can dig that, simply because we have the hardest and greatest job in the world.

Gerald says:

I’d say 8, 19, 30?

JoshuaBentley says:

I have only seen your portfolio once before. And it was a while ago. So I am relying on my “photographic memory”. I probably guessed way too many.

1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 26, 30, 31, 32.

Haha.