Chase Jarvis SOCIAL

If you’re at all interested in occasionally subverting digital-only communities and you’d wanna gather over a beer or a bite with yours truly and some other like-minded people, I’ve begun holding impromptu social gatherings at random spots around the world, and would love for you to join in.

Participating is simple. Just follow me on Twitter (@chasejarvis) and keep your eyes peeled for an occasional flurry of tweets outlining a place and a time. You’ll have to wade thru my other twitter ramblings and daily iPhone image postings, but at some point, I’ll tweet about getting together for a social at some random bar, restaurant, ice cream parlor, opium den, playgound, etc, and we’ll connect and chat photography, video, art, pop culture, whatever. Doesn’t matter if 2, 20, or 200 people show up – I’m just interested in meeting some people that I’ve historically had virtual-only relationships with, getting people together analog-style, and talking shop. This is not formal in any way, in fact… [click the ‘continue reading’ link below]

…it’s exactly the opposite: my little rebellion against it. This is not me talking. It’s not a seminar. It’s not a photo event or Flickr roundup. Think impromptu beers or coffee with friends. Think casual gathering, with a short lead time, flash-mob style. Think SOCIAL. No host bar/food, just show up and hang out and socialize. And if you’re thinking I only make it to the big cities, think again. My travel schedule puts me in some pretty random places, and I’d like to meet you.

I am on the road a lot–including this week–so if this interests you, tune in to Twitter. Hope we cross paths in real life.

[And, lastly, thanks again for all the feedback on my recently refreshed chasejarvis.com. If you missed the post or haven’t ducked outside of your email or RSS reader to check it out, I’d welcome some feedback. Muy bueno and many thanks.]

At this time it sounds like Drupal is the top blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

sensationnelle article, merci bien.

volo says:

The design for your site is a bit off in Epiphany. Even So I like your site. I might need to use a normal browser just to enjoy it.

You could certainly see your expertise in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

Appreciate your various other informative web page. The area different could I get that type of data prepared in such a ideal technique? I’ve a task that I am purely now operating on, and so i have been with the lookout for these data.

I truly wanted to type a note in order to say thanks to you for all the unique facts you are placing at this website. My incredibly long internet lookup has finally been compensated with wonderful tips to write about with my relatives. I ‘d tell you that we visitors are extremely endowed to live in a fabulous place with many special professionals with very beneficial pointers. I feel pretty happy to have discovered your webpages and look forward to plenty of more fun times reading here. Thanks a lot once again for everything.

This iis very interesting, Youu aare a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your fee andd look forwaard to seeking
more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your web sitre in my sociall networks!

Enjoyed reading through this, very good stuff, thankyou . “A man may learn wisdom even from a foe.” by Aristophanes.

You made some nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found most guys will approve with your site.

The importance of home improvement loans cannot be over emphasized. Luckily for many home owners, there are government and private sponsored loans that they can take advantage of!

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I?ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I?ll definitely return.

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get 4 emails using the same comment. Is there any way you may take away me from that service? Thanks!

Liane Vajgrt says:

Surprisingly revealing many thanks, I do think your readers may well want further blog posts such as this carry on the great work.

keep up the good piece of work, I read few content on this web site and I think that your site is really interesting and holds lots of wonderful information.

holidays says:

Summer Season is coming. Now could be an acceptable 2nd so that you can guide your personal the scorching months trips, need to be certain at this second you are heading to get exceptional very low expense and you just can dedicate amazing low cost vacations to Turkey that is supplying this type of deals meant for earlier booking.

nomel says:

i like your work..im still a beginner in the world of photography hope you can give some pointers on how to shot a good subject..

Sayvee says:

Duder, the left coast of Canada is calling your name…by way, I’ve got a great idea for a Jackass-esque shoot…

Norrlander says:

Hi Chase,
best idea I’ve heard for a long time. I’ll be there when ever it takes you to Germany or anywhere in nothern Europe. Just come on over, I’ll take care of the rest!

Montreal… MONTRÉAL!! Put this on your list!!! Let’s take a beer a la Québécoise :P

Let’s us know if you pass by!!

Denmark is the place to be..! If you ever come over here, I’ll teach you a thing or two about high-end commercial photography:)…

Danie Nel says:

When you’re coming to South Africa in June/July (?), I might fly to Johannesburg for a day at the expo and might see you, but since you’re in SA, I assume you’ll be making a turn in Cape Town, I’ll be glad to team up here with other industry chaps for a coffee/beers/wine, whatever.

Awesome! I’m in. You should come visit us in Philly. We’ll buy you beer))

Brian says:

One more vote for Toronto ;-)

FherGarcía says:

if you come to the south of Texas… (border with México) or Tamaulipas, Mexico… I invite you the Tacos and Tequilas.

Greetings from Mexico.

Ghislain says:

Do you travel in Canada/Quebec? I hope to meet you one day for sure!

Sue says:

Would love it! Would love to meet ya in person! I’m holding my breath in Kansas…

H. says:

Let me know if you get down to Buenos Aires…hasta pronto…!!

Kevin says:

Toronto! Don’t worr of winter now and it’sactually warm put!

I, unfortunately, currently reside in Charleston, West Virginia. I have been an admirer of yours for a while…not only because of your photographic work, but because of your philosophy background and because you made a really big something out of nothing. I would jump at any chance to hang and chill with you, but West Virginia is a small dot on the larger map of the world. However, come nearby, and I’ll be there, even if I only have the chance to listen to whatever you may have to say. Follow me on Twitter @etherealshadows, or check out my (rather weak) work at http://www.belle-immagini.com or http://www.subtleshadows.com.

emgower says:

If you’re ever in VT……

and…what happens to… Menorca?

A small example:

Framed Reality says:

Well Chase..You have a lot of invitations. You better start packaging your bags :P

GlennyBIG says:

Give me a holla next time you’re in Norway.. Got some Beautiful mountains for you up here!

jeralma says:

If you ever come to Tahiti, French Polynesia, please let me know! It’s a great place to live in, but there’s definitely not much to talk about… ;-)

Athena says:

How the hell do you have time or energy for Tweeting meets. Love your style, love your style.

Brio Condos says:

I live on your home soil in the PNW and hope you have one of these little gatherings back here.

Gidi says:

If you ever show up in Israel sometime :)

Rik says:

awesome Chase, we would love to see ya over here in China, first pint is on me. PixelatedFrame

Rolando says:

Cool… Brilliant! I hope you get the chance to stop by the Washington, DC area or to concide in one of my trips. It sucks to be away from home and @ be forced to say @ a crowded restaurant “table for one, please”. Looking forward to the chance!
-R

KEEREN! says:

You’ve got to come to Singapore. I’ll be willing to pay half of the ticket price :D Ohyeah bring your staff along too(:

Yolanda Diaz says:

Can’t wait to see you in San Diego, CA!

Makeda says:

Great idea! Will look for you in NC some day hopefully soon.

Brent Rust says:

Chase, I can’t wait til you shoot in Pittsburgh.

Anonymous says:

for non twitter peeps:

-wed 3/18 7:30pm
-soho grand hotel NYC
(west broadway btween canal and grand)
-all ages + wheelchair accessible

Kevin says:

Doubt you’ll be in Toronto, Canada…but our weather is getting warmer!

Randy.F says:

Great!
But doubt you will land here on a tiny red dot called Singapore.
Will be waiting! lol

jai jacob says:

Great blog. Give us a heads up if you’re ever in any bars in florida

Roberto says:

Great idea!
I always check your blog and I’m always thrilled with the ideas and discussions you present here.
Hope to see you in Brazil!

ichimai says:

Good idea, Chase!
Be sure to tell us when you are in Tokyo, JP!

/@ichimai

This is exactly the kind of friendship I’m really enjoying right now. Meeting up, hanging out, shooting, going on adventures, riding, jumping, (hucking dirt jumps, that is) …It’s all part of LIFE!

=Matt=

Sam says:

if you ever drop by Singapore, do @reply on twitter: @maswu :D

David Price says:

I’ll be keeping an eye out for you in Illinois’ heartland (Peoria).

James Bong says:

Sounds like an awesome idea, but I don’t “Twitter.” Just call me a Luddite, but I have too many streams of information already. :(

Rhyees Wedes says:

I know we’re down under on the other side of the world but If your ever in Sydney or somewhere in Aus, i’d be keen for sure!!..
Always following your work!..

Until then!,

Rhyees

Awesome idea, this whole social networking thing could lead to never going out at all!! jaja, no kidding, second round is on me if you ever con to Chile!

Muy bueno tu nuevo sitio!

Abrazos!

jeremy earl says:

come to nh, hour to boston, hour to the coast, its sweet livin and you can go to merrimack and take a tour of the budwieser brewery!

Coty Tarr says:

Head towards Pittsburgh…we can discuss photography, post-production techniques, and how we beat you guys in the Super Bowl.

Or was it the refs? :)

Take care,

cotyphoto.blogspot.com

rexyinc says:

melbourne, australia … NOW CHASE!!.. heeh

Szilard Pop says:

Fort Lauderdale / Miami is waiting…

Matt Allan says:

Melbourne has some great watering holes!

Hey, cool!!

I’m not expecting you to come to Portugal, but it sure would be nice!

Ollie says:

hey man, you gonna be hittin’ england anytime? (if so go to the south east…its the best)
i’d be willing to travel to meet you.

N 36º 67′- W 4º 47′
Málaga (South of Spain).

93 miles from Europe’s Southernmost Ski Resort (Sierra Nevada).

94 miles from Europe’s Wind Capital (Tarifa). Paradise for windsurfers and kitesurfers and a short leap to Morocco. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the lifestyle, the food and the culture around.

Luis says:

Guinness beer is better in Dublin!
Drop by anytime!

David says:

Chase – I just did this with my own blog readers here in Vancouver – had a spectacular time! I can’t think of a way I’d rather spend an afternoon or evening – community-building is where it’s at, man!

watzabatza says:

whoa! i don’t drink that beer. :-)

Mark Legge says:

I mentioned on Twitter, but if you ever find yourself in SW England, particularly the Bristol area, well I’ll be sure to meet up, and I’m sure there’s a few others round here that would take the time too.

saswell says:

Please come to Dublin, Ireland & get a proper Céad Mile Fáilte'!

maria says:

Come to Leeds in the north of England! We would be happy to have you here!

АМ says:

Any chance for MOSCOW??? it’s a truly cool place, Chase

Chaz Boyd says:

random good conversation and good beer always go great together. maybe one day in philly.

Taiwan needs to be on your list.

Ryan S says:

In Philly the first round’s on me.

Wild Imagination says:

I’ll look forward to it next time you make it to podunk, Fairbanks, AK.

Brian says:

Awesome. =) Always the approachable celebrity! I’ll be looking forward to your visit to Baltimore! Would have been fun to kick back a beer or tea and talk photography when I was out there in Seattle!

Oh wait… is this just a sly plan to get free beer, dinner, etc??? =) Well it would certainly be worth it – I’d buy a round of beers, burgers, pizza, etc for your chatting company! Welcome to stardom.

Anonymous says:

i suggest u to visit malaysia some day to get a lot of photo in malaysia place..sure it must be fun

Ryan Golla says:

You are always welcome in Sydney, Australia! :)

Luis Vargas says:

Dude, you rock. If you ever are in Chile, first round´s on me.

I hope Arkansas is one of those random places, I would love to meet you.

Very cool. Michigan is well regarded as being one of the best beer regions in the world (right there with So Cal and Belgium), so if you’re ever out here post up on your Twitter and I can recommend some really great micro breweries and would do what I can to meet up and buy you a pint.

I hear from my mom in Everett that it’s snowing again. She just came down to visit me in San Diego where it’s going to be in the 70’s this week and sunny. Plus…I work for HP and you can come and do all the prints you can possibly imagine (ink bribery). If I ask the right people we might be able to do some side-of-the-building size prints too. So look me up via my blog if you’re in town.

Anonymous says:

Thanks for your offfer. See you in Dubai.

stephen says:

holy CRAP i am so lucky because i’m also in nyc this week! totally looking forward to meeting you =D

Erebus says:

Invitiation is always out in Toronto area

Iván Baña says:

Barcelona? I´ts beautiful!! ha, ha At only short flight from Paris!!

Ben says:

Australia could say hello also. Preferably Brisbane.

Alyx says:

Great idea- SF is waiting.

Frederik says:

If you ever drop by somewhere in Belgium, let me know ;-)

Simon Hodgson says:

Let us know when you hit London Boss…

Tuana says:

Put sweden on the list :)

If you end up in Yosemite or close by, I’m game.

eliesa says:

Why do I not live in NYC?

Rafael says:

Now following you on twitter, just in case you’re hangin out in Brasil!

cb says:

stick to the around the world idea, that s cool

FOOSE says:

Great idea Chase. Totally dig this catch-up and hang-out thing. Invitation will always be open in New Zealand

Remi Boucher says:

Come practice your french in Quebec, and allons prendre une bière!

Jan Günther says:

Perfect attitude, great idea! Maybe you’ll come to Germany one day – I’ll be there :) Cheers, Jan

Barry says:

Invitation is still open in Orlando.

Saxi says:

Haha – what a great idea ;o)

Glad to see you’re still a blogger user for your blog;-) Hope you come to Atlanta some time soon. I would like to meet you and hang out. I really enjoy following your work. Keep it up!