Unlocked iPhone 3Gs Goes to Dan Marshall

In the 5 short days it’s been public, thousands and thousands of images have been shot, edited and uploaded with our new iPhone app, Best Camera. Watching the images roll by on the visualizer on the phone and the site have evaporated hours of my life, and made it better. Some really impressive imagery.

Of the those thousands of images, I’m awarding Dan Marshall the fully unlocked iPhone 3Gs for this lovely image of a little girl. I tend to like more abstract stuff with the iPhone, but perhaps that’s why I’m attracted to this shot. It’s different from my usual and there’s a great story within this image. Seems that you all liked this image as well…it’s seen thousands of views and has nearly 100 thumbs ups…so our tastes are somewhat in line here. I get the feeling it could be a snapshot, a fine art piece at Yossi Milo, or the anchor to a bigtime ad campaign. Wonderfully transcendent. Consider checking out Dan’s photographer page of images uploaded with Best Camera in just a handful of days. Looks like he’s been using just the 3G, so now he’s got himself the suped-up 3Gs. Congrats Dan.

Check out other images voted “popular” by the community here.

We now return you to your regular programming. Dan, ping me offline to get your phone.

Shoot. Edit Share.

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

36 Responses to Unlocked iPhone 3Gs Goes to Dan Marshall

1. Sarah September 29, 2009 at 1:26 am #

Congrats Dan!!
    Great image! – I love the app chase! I havent stoped using it since the launch – I find that I take a lot more photos on my iphone now thanks to this app! – brilliant stuff!

Sarah

2. Yanik's Photo School September 29, 2009 at 1:26 am #

Congrats Dan! You have some awesome Iphone shots on thebestcamera!! Keep on inspiring! :)

3. Picture life on an island... September 29, 2009 at 1:29 am #

Way to go Dan…congratulations on a great image!
    Chase, thanks again to you and your team for such a FUN app…lovin' it.

4. Marc Forrest September 29, 2009 at 1:34 am #

Congrats Dan !!! Awesome shot…
    And thanks again Chase for the fantastic app :)

5. Fortunatas September 29, 2009 at 1:41 am #

Congratulations Dan,
    Fantastic image and surely deserves Chase Jarvis' prize :)

6. paul dakeyne September 29, 2009 at 2:05 am #

Congratulations Dan! Have just checked out your website and am mightily impressed with your image composition and moods.

And Chase, great App.. just about to get my teeth into that and telling friends all about it :-)

7. CHUN CHUNG LEE September 29, 2009 at 2:41 am #

Dan, you deserve it ;) I just stared at the little girl and wonder what is she thinking?

8. paul dakeyne September 29, 2009 at 3:13 am #

And spreading the word about BestCamera.. http://forums.dv247.com/off-topic/3904-iphone-mobile-photos-2.html#post40488

9. Pete Brunelli September 29, 2009 at 3:50 am #

Very well done, Dan. Congrats!

10. Waleed Alzuhair September 29, 2009 at 4:23 am #

Congratulations :-)

11. wl-ing September 29, 2009 at 4:33 am #

Dan, congratulations!! :D

Great shot.. I really liked it an placed a vote on it.. :p

Anyway, full credits to Chase for such a great app.. constantly having fun with the app.. :p

12. J September 29, 2009 at 5:03 am #

Awesome pic, well deserved! Congrats!

13. Andy J Scott September 29, 2009 at 5:06 am #

Saw that one the other day and gave it a thumbs up! Nice work.

14. Uriel September 29, 2009 at 5:38 am #

R E S P E C T

15. Michael Tissington September 29, 2009 at 7:21 am #

Great choice – now where can I buy an unlocked 3gs phone ??

16. IAN AITKEN September 29, 2009 at 8:52 am #

good choice Chase.

ian

17. Chase Jarvis September 29, 2009 at 8:54 am #

@ian: one of your images was in the final running….fwiw.

18. Chase Jarvis September 29, 2009 at 8:55 am #

@michael: you CAN buy unlocked iPhones from the Apple store. They're just extra pricey. As in $600 pricey.

19. Daniel Fuentealba September 29, 2009 at 9:04 am #

Congrats Dan! nice picture…

20. Car Blog September 29, 2009 at 9:20 am #

Congrats to the winner, that is one hot win.

21. Dan Marshall September 29, 2009 at 10:46 am #

Thanks for the slick app and the cool surprise today Chase! There are so many interesting images being uploaded, that I'm sure that picking one was a bit of a crap shoot, but rest assured that the phone is much appreciated and will go to good use. And a big thank you to all the folks who have made the surprise even more fun with their kind words!

22. Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

I love this shot!!!!

23. Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 4:26 pm #

the shot almost looks unreal, it's that good! way to go, mr. marshall.

24. reader1 September 29, 2009 at 8:51 pm #

Dan's pic is great.
    Chase – Great book and app. You re-invigorated my interest in photography. Questions about 3GS iphone:
    2.8 Lens?
    Focal length?
    Shutter Speed?
    Where do I find this essential info?
    Your book mentioned f/8 and I mistakenly thought that was the aperture.
    Is there add on equipment available, such as Flash, Tri-pod, or Chest Tri-pod, remote Shutter trip, etc.
    Is sequencing possible and how?

Great Book!! Great Inspiration!!

Thank you ! Thank you! Thank yOu!

25. arenacreative.com September 30, 2009 at 10:40 am #

I rememeber seeing this image when I visited the site – it definitely stood out! Awesome job, Dan. This is just more proof that it's not the camera, it's the camera that's with you – and the person behind it :P

26. Ambrosia September 30, 2009 at 12:39 pm #

congrats dan!
    Chase – is there a way for us to view our own photographer page?
    Thanks again for a great app!

27. Chase Jarvis September 30, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

@ ambrosia: yes, just click on any one of your pictures (or have your short url emailed to you when you post…in settings tab) and you can click on link there by your name to view all of your images…

28. Ambrosia September 30, 2009 at 9:52 pm #

d'oh! thanks. :)

29. ganzaak October 1, 2009 at 7:54 am #

i want to take this book how can i???

30. Louis Jiran October 1, 2009 at 11:16 am #

Hello Chase, love the Best Camera!! Great idea. I used to do allot of polaroid maniplulations untill polaroid discontinued "time zero" film. I think this iphone thing could replace my old hobby. One question I have for you is, do you or anybody else worry about copy rights for your iphone images you send out on the web?

Louis Jiran

31. T October 12, 2009 at 9:20 am #

I love the Best Camera app and have turned a few friends onto it. My question is that I am seeing photos that are beautiful but have been:

A) doctored outside the App presumable using photoshop or some other means

B) Taken on a camera not remotely close to an iPhone.

I understand the concept of the Best Camera being the one you have with you but for this site is there something that can be done to keep the photos limited to those taken on iPhones?

32. saleinquiry October 17, 2009 at 4:41 am #

MY PHONE SHOP LIMITED
    Registered No.05702394
    25 SANDY WAY, YEADON,
    LEEDS, LS19 7EW UK.
    (+44)-703-597-2322

ORDER
    INFORMATION :Minimum
    Order :1-10units
    Shipping Method :FedEx Dhl and UPS.
    Delivery Time : 24-48hrs Delivery To Your Door Step.

MY PHONE SHOP LIMITED We are specialized in all brand new mobile phones like Samsung , Nokia , Qtek , Imate , Palm Treo ,Sony Ericsson , Sidekick , Nextel and many more,They are cheap and unlocked with 12 month international warranty.We sell them in Bulk and in Retails ,We shipped inconjunction with fedEx Express, they shipped within 48hrs to your door step. It is a Buy two and get one for free.

We look forward in placing your Order with Us and giving you the most competent services as we are Using this Medium to Look For Buyers.

APPLE IPHONE 3G 8GB:€170 euro

MAKERTING DEPT.
    SALES MANAGER.
    Dhari Al Fares.
    (+44)-703-597-2322

33. Accessoires Voyage October 19, 2009 at 9:44 pm #

Hi Dan…
    I really like that image presented here. you have captured grate shot. It definitely deserves Chase Jarvis' prize. Congratulations!

34. Hans Youmon November 26, 2012 at 7:25 am #

I think that I use that awesome post to my work :)

35. Hector Vasilauskas January 6, 2013 at 8:51 am #

One of the further impressive blogs Ive seen. Thanks accordingly a large amount used for keeping the internet classy in support of a vary. Youve got style, category, daring. I be thinking about it. Desire save it positive for the reason that without the internet is certainly deficient in intelligence.

36. Michaele Heryford February 15, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

This is just not the formerly of your reports I’ve discover, and you only in no way bring to an end to impress me personally. Be grateful someone, and i too expression ahead to studying inside future.