Help-Portrait Is A Good Thing

I wrote about Jeremy Cowart’s great idea for a collective “give back” holiday project earlier. Behind the scenes, Jeremy and a handful of fellow photogs have been doing some legwork. There’s now a Help-Portrait site with more information and inspiration. We’re all planning to help. Please consider getting involved. Tell us below that you plan on it too, and then begin to organize your efforts and/or efforts in your area now.

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

Jovan says:

Congratulations to Chelsea on winning the FA Cup.

There are also lots of Diamond Diggerers who play games on Facebook.
This will help you find a machine that is perfect for your situation, since you know that a professional is steering you in the right direction. Diamond Digger is now
one of the most popular games.

Normally I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that
this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it!
Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks,
very nice post.

Hi There, Great information on marketing from home on your website. Thanks, and I will returning for updates whenever I can.Many thanks,

Antonetta says:

I’m experiencing a challenge with your rss feed . Don’t get why I am not intelligent to subscribe to it. Is near a person getting similar rss problem? Anyone who is sentient of kindly act in response. Thanks

kadinlarin nasil erkeklerden hoslanir says:

Magnificent! What an excellent idea and costs nothing! I’ve a HUGE maple tree in my backyard. Cant wait to produce these roses next Fall. I believe they would be even prettier combined with berries from beauty bush, early hollies and possibly some Fall seed pods from other flowers/plants. A lot of thanks for sharing your creativity and for the many creative comments that followed this posting.

Do you may have a spam challenge on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your scenario; lots of of us have developed some great methods and we’re looking to exchange tactics with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

I really feel other sorts of online business owners really need to take a look at this important web page as an example. Tremendously clean and user friendly styling, and moreover outstanding articles! You are a professional here in this subject matter :)

hey there and thank you for the data – I’ve definitely picked up one thing new from appropriate right here. I did having said that expertise a handful of technical challenges employing this webpage, since I experienced to reload the internet web-site plenty of times previous to I could get it to load effectively. I had been wondering if your net hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will generally affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Properly I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could appear out for a lot far more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you just update this once more really quickly..

high end imitation watches Watches can usually be eighteen karat Gold, stainless-metal, Gold Jubilee Band, and in Best issue, or they can be Yellow Gold, and Pave Established Diamond

I leave a response each time I appreciate a article on a site or if I have something to valuable to contribute to the discussion. It’s triggered by the fire communicated in the article I read. And on this post %BLOG_TITLE%. I was actually excited enough to post a thought :) I actually do have a few questions for you if you tend not to mind. Could it be just me or does it appear like a few of the remarks look as if they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I’d like to keep up with you. Could you list the complete urls of all your community sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

site here says:

Thank you, I have recently been looking for information approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive in regards to the supply?

pilz says:

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

here says:

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too fantastic. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this submit and if I may I wish to counsel you few attention-grabbing things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles relating to this article. I desire to read more things approximately it!

Otis Stodder says:

I love to obtain letters with U.S. commemorative stamps on them; I collect these. How are your letters stampedor are they metered (yech)?

Ngan Perng says:

Spot taking place with this write-up, I beyond doubt deem that this
website needs much more thought. I’ll doubtless be present backside another time to recite by means of extra, thankfulness for the information!

Jude Colp says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this post. Definitely people will find this as very helpful.

I located some data related to construction companies online that you might find an interest about.

Angel says:

Angel here… shooting this Saturday in Barrie Ontario Canada.

We have many photographers participating at 4 different locations in our city and the turnout really looks promising.

What an event!

I can't wait to take part.

What a great way to spread positive energy during the holidays.

Thank you to the coordinators of this event. You're truly making a difference in the world and we're noticing. The world needs this.

Paul says:

Greetings all. Ireland speaking. Actually it's Cork (the 2nd city in ROI). We're on the move too.

When we saw Portland, Barrie, San Jose, Sacramento, Vancouver, Cincinnati, Jackson, Netherlands, Logan, Cologne, Seattle, Lakeland, Boston public committing themselves – how could we not give in to the urge to make a difference.

The tears I shed during the video were followed by tears from my brilliant photographer friend and our PR person. Tears have bound us into a determined team.

Thank you all for inspiring us.

Tony says:

I want to help. Sign me up as well. I am mobile throughout the Seattle area, and have my on equip.

nadiaking says:

Thank you for sharing this site, I just joined in Boston, MA, and I'm excited to see what will happen :-)

chris says:

I'm working on putting one together in Lakeland, Fl. We have a wealth of photographers here as well as a very large homeless community. I contacted Scott Kelby and am waiting on a reply to see if he is planning one in Tampa. Any one interested can contact me Chris@chrisbowers.me (Lakeland-Tampa FL)

cor says:

If you are a Seattle photog and want to participate but need studio space (lighting, backdrop, etc) – we're opening our small Corhouse studio and offering 90 minutes shoot time for free.

On top of that, we'll try and find sponsors to help provide your subject of choice with things that would make their life easier (warm coat, boots, books, etc.).

Click on this link for details: http://bit.ly/4erMML

Rul says:

I was wondering where to get some models to prectice and improve my skills, now you gave me a great idea how to accomplish taht whilst helping people but I will go a bit beyond. I'll let you know when I put it together.

If there is anybody which like to join in Cologne, we have a Facebook group and a group on the official website.

Frank Keller says:

We are doing Cologne in Germany on 12.12.

Thank you for spreading the word.

I'm glad that we can do something like this.

We are getting all set up in Logan, UT, but are still looking for volunteers, too. The Boys and Girls Club is helping with subjects. We are all very excited to provide this service.

Find us on the Help-Portrait network, or google Cache Valley Photographers. Thanks for spreading the word, Chase.

Levi

jon says:

i'm a horrible organizer

but i love people

and i love taking pictures

and i have friends who do the same.

keep us posted on what's going on in seattle. it's not clear whether or not you are looking to organize something, or looking for help?

i'll spend time on the website to see what the deal is.

j.

Kees-Jan says:

Thanks Chase for sharing this.. After your first post on Help-Portrait we picked this up over in The Netherlands, started a group with 4 photographers and are now working on getting sponsors involved.
On december 12th we're going to shoot single moms in a mother – child center.
And fortunately we are not alone in Europe, there are many more groups….
Looking forward to this!

Thanks

Great idea, great job!!! well done.

Wow, I'm definitely heading to the site and see how we could set it up in my city too. Thanks for sharing.

Peter says:

I just joined the Vancouver, B.C. Group that is planning an event in the Downtown East Side. Thanks for the motivation.

Anonymous says:

It's good to see such action for humanity…caring for other who are left out, restour their zest for life…
(Sorry for my imperfect english)

Buell30 from France

marcus grip says:

a love those stuff. people that realize that they can help others through small, simple things that makes alot of different!

Love with everyone you meet, help each other! Love that clip!

fas says:

wooow cool stuff, the feeling must be something else to do this kind of a video.

Dominik says:

thanks Chase for this video !

Amy says:

That was moving and inspiring. It seems one can not have faith in themselves, BUT turn another for the confidence.
It was touching and eye opening when the man said it was the first time he had his picture taken at 53! There are so many things we can do to give back either through photography or other avenues. Good luck to Paul in Ireland and everyone else moving forward in this direction!!! Feeling good can be contagious ;o).

Daven says:

Thanks for sharing this, Chase. Joined up with the Portland group today, and things are looking promising! Super excited about this project!

Hey,

I had the chance to "warm up" before the official day, with a shoot session of 50+ people at a local retirement home.

It was so great to see these old ladies and gentleman get all dressed up to be in a nice portrait.

Here are some of the portraits and more info about it: http://levycarneiro.com/2009/09/portraits-and-photography/

Regards,
Levy

Thanks Chase, Key West group up and running. Great great idea., Greg Needham

PT Korson says:

Hey Chase,
Big fan, We're heading up an event in Jackson, MI and its gona rock. Over a hundred volunteers, bit of press and media, 6 locations across the city, ton of families and a bucket full of love. Keep up the inspirational work as we keep on striving to make a difference one picture at a time.

Rick Lohre says:

On it…will report back with plans if there are not any already in Cincinnati! I got busy …thanks for the reminder Chase.
Peace,
Rick

Last year I had talked about doing this for displaced families in Vancouver, WA and surrounding areas, but I did not follow through. Shame on me! This year I would like to find some make-up artists, take some dress clothes and shoot away. Anyone want to join me? Let's get together and DO SOMETHING!

jthouston says:

Going to start efforts in Sacramento. Thanks for sharing. This is TRULY inspiring.

chesman1 says:

Chase thanks for sharing this. This is a great way to help out the community. I'll be starting a group in San Jose, CA…about 1 hour south of where we did the photowalk in Half Moon Bay with Robert.

Claire says:

Wow this made my heart smile. This is something I would love to do…thanks for the inspiration!

Sign me up! I can't produce a Seattle event but I can help coordinate local plans and I can definitely make time to make portraits.

We are on this man just gave the info to my Office manager and she is going to get the ball rolling her I CAN'T WAIT THIS IS GREAT

Paul says:

After 2.10secs I'm in tears. I spend the next 2 mins with wet eyes.

After about 1.5 minutes I was saying to myself I want to do this: I want to contact all my professional photographer buddies in Cork Ireland and fire them up to do a Cork version and YouTube it.

When it was over I was straight back on to Twitter to tell the person who put the link up that they'd changed my life.

By the way, the only camera I have is a pocket thing. I'm a writer with a bit of focus.

Well done.

LucaRagogna says:

There's a whole bunch of us in Barrie, Canada that are in on Help-Portrait. We're going to have 4 different locations and I'm sure we could use a few extra photographers. Just look us up on facebook.

Ryan says:

We are currently putting a shoot together. I have a lot of photogs and other support folks on the hook. We are going add a winter clothing drive to the event. Really looking forward to it.

Anonymous says:

I have seen a lot of stuff about it, but it was really cool to see it in action.