Introducing GIVESEATTLE.ORG

The holidays are a time for cheer, but they’re also a time for giving. As such I’ve joined forces with some friends here in Seattle to help bring you GIVESEATTLE.ORG.

GIVESEATTLE.ORG is simple: we’ve compiled more than 30 amazing tracks from some of Seattle’s best bands/musicians and wrapped it into one compilation that is downloadable for just $7. And 100% of the money goes directly to support Arts Corps and Seattle Area Food Banks. (Yes you read that correctly 100% goes to those in need).

Please download this amazing compilation NOW at www.giveseattle.org. And also important: Please tell your friends. This music is not to be missed.

To promote this unique form of holiday giving online, a handful of us are making music videos. We’re aiming to…[click 'continue reading' link below]

…make these in one take, or close to it, with zero budget. These creative restraints are resulting in some really simple, beautiful concepts. This is the first one, featuring the band Fences, directed by Brad Curran over at CityArts. (Separately, you may recall us featuring Fences as part of our SFEAD project too…beautiful stuff).

We’ll release one video each week or so throughout the holidays. I’ll be posting them all here. I hope you enjoy.

The list of partners who have come together to create this is too long to mention here, but please check them out here on the GiveSeattle.orgpage. Happy holidays and please give your $7 in exchange for some great new music.

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

21 Responses to Introducing GIVESEATTLE.ORG

1. JL December 3, 2009 at 8:15 am #

Very cool. Will download as soon as I get home from work!

2. Imagination Included Photography December 3, 2009 at 8:23 am #

Thank you for giving back as much as you do Chase. This is what the world needs more of. It reminds me of the ideals of the free love movement.

3. Alex December 3, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

WOW! Again great stuff!
    As "Imagination Included Photography" said, thanks for giving back!!

Love the vid BTW!

4. Francesco December 3, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

what a great idea, thank you for sharing this with us on the other site of the planet as well!
    I will buy it later this week, and i've already e.mailed lots of friends about it.
    Thanks!

5. Jonathan Tramontana December 3, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

Purchased, but having trouble with the download. Also, will we be able to use the access code more than once to get the "Coming Soon" tracks later on?

6. Sean Porter December 4, 2009 at 4:42 am #

love the track! Can i pay and download the tracks in australia?

7. Adam December 4, 2009 at 6:21 am #

Cool, thanks for posting.

8. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 8:33 am #

Love the song…never heard of this band before but will go to Itunes and grab some of their music.

9. garyallard December 4, 2009 at 9:18 am #

Awesome. 7 bucks for a bunch of great music AND it goes to a good cause? Done.

10. Chase Jarvis December 4, 2009 at 6:48 pm #

@ sean porter. should be nothing stopping that. download away! and thanks!!

11. Chase Jarvis December 4, 2009 at 7:05 pm #

@jonathan: did you get everything worked out? haven't had reports of anyone else having problems. if you're still stuck, please email me and we'll make it right.

12. cdelphine December 5, 2009 at 12:12 pm #

This is awesome Chase. It's really inspiring to see a genre-crossing community of artists.

13. jeremy earl December 5, 2009 at 2:48 pm #

32 seconds into that clip and i was sold, thank you for this. alot of the music today can sometimes get real commercial and branded, so its great to get to be exposed to new music like this from a source i trust (you chase) and anytime i can give to a good cause that's a huge plus.

oh, and please check out my nikonfestival.com entry everyone:

p.s.: sorry for the self promotion :-(

14. Ryan Scott December 5, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

Very cool. I've been rocking Fences hard since seeing them on the SFEAD piece here on your blog. This song tops my favs list. I'm also a big Common Market fan as a result of the project. Always a sucker for some good music recommendations, and I'll be downloading these tracks for sure.

15. Jonathan Tramontana December 6, 2009 at 10:24 am #

Chase,

I was using Safari Version 4.0.4 (6531.21.10) on Mac 10.6.2. I just tried Firefox and that did the trick. Don't know why it didn't work with Safari, but it's downloading now.

Best,
    Jonathan

16. Fotografo-Barcelona December 7, 2009 at 3:49 am #

Amazing stuff!

17. JoeH December 7, 2009 at 5:26 am #

Thanks for sharing your passion with us. It really is inspiring and humbling…done on the download.

JoeH

18. Patrick Briscoe December 9, 2009 at 2:24 pm #

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me when the singer was suddenly back in the pictures after just 180 degrees. Cool effect.

19. nintendo dsi r4 December 12, 2009 at 1:05 am #

The song and musicians are awesome, and Chase did an excellent job on the video. I love the mirror over the fireplace and how he shows the ceiling of the room thru it. Very nicely done by all involved!

20. exoticat December 15, 2009 at 11:23 am #

Beautifully melodic, thank you.

21. Ixtla Vaughan December 16, 2009 at 3:10 pm #

After following a thread from a pal's submission to Nikon (Audrey Hall, Livingston, MT), I checked out the Chase Jarvis 140 seconds and found myself pausing, rewinding, playing, pausing–you get the idea. The wet streets in the background bring back my childhood in Seattle and the music was inspiring and face of CJ warm (and a bit goofy) and the dancing totally blew my mind. Thanks to you and yer talent and ability to write, I am now a CJ, inc. fan and the unexpected and proud owner of GIVEseattle.org's line-up. My son Tuk is too. Congrats, thanks and cheers from Montana.