Some Bye Bye 2009 Lists

Some off-the-top-of-my-head favorites for the year that was 2009.

5 Worthwhile ‘Best of 2009′ Photo Edit Posts From Well-Known News Sources
Best News Photos (boston.com)
Wall Street Journal
Time Magazine
National Geographic Traveler
Reuters

15 Bands I Listened To A Lot In 2009 (not necessarily from 2009)
The XX(Young Turks)
Grizzly Bear (Warp)
Animal Collective(Domino)
Visqueen(Local 638)
GIVE Seattle (www.giveseattle.org)
[...the rest of the music list and lots more lists after the jump. click the 'continue reading' link below for more good lists...]

(music continued…)

Kings Of Leon(Sony)
The Cave Singers(Matador)
Cold War Kids(Downtown)
Mad Rad (Out For Stardom)
Head Like A Kite(Mush)
Blue Scholars(Self)
Common Market(Self)
Hey Marseilles (Self)
SantiGold(Downtown)
White Lies(Polydor UK)
Bon Iver (Jagjagwar)

5 Popular Posts From ChaseJarvis.com in 2009
The Best Camera: iPhone App + Book + Community
Shake Your Tree Today
Deconstruct This Photo
What Are You Going To Shoot Today?
Chase Jarvis TECH: Strobed Photo Sequences
$100,000 in 140 Seconds: the Nikon Festival

2 Posts That Made Great Waves From Some Other Photo Friends
Zack Arias “Transform”
Jeremy Cowart “Help-Portrait”

1 Great Photo Exhibition I Wished I’d Seen When I Was in NYC Last Week
Robert Frank Looking In. The Met NYC.

5 Non-Photo Blogs That Always Did Me Right in 2009

PSFK
Daring Fireball
Wooster Collective
Seth Godin
Neatorama

And I could go on forever, but I’ll spare you. You’ve got some stuff to add to these lists, I know you do. Or better yet have other lists to share? Tell us all in the comments. Happy 2009. Bring it on, 2010.

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook.

14 Responses to Some Bye Bye 2009 Lists

1. Samarkand December 31, 2009 at 8:11 pm #

Yes, 2009 was a good year in many ways.
    "The best camera app" will hopefully be available in other countries by the end of 2010? (preferably scandinavia, hint hint)

- Have a good year

2. Matt Timmons December 31, 2009 at 9:47 pm #

I'm reminded most about 2009, that even though the economy is bad, creativity is always and forever free.

3. _ January 1, 2010 at 12:07 am #

Great list Chase. Take a look at this article, I think you will get a kick out of it, its called "DEATH BY A PHOTOGRAPHER". http://petermahar.wordpress.com/home/
    If you cant find it right away just scroll down.
    Cheers,
    Happy New Year
    Peter M.

4. Chris January 1, 2010 at 8:21 am #

right on!! animal collective rules!!

5. Shelby White January 1, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

Head Like a Kite and Grizzly Bear were definitely on my list.

6. David January 1, 2010 at 8:34 pm #

love Animal Collective! love The XX! love Santigold! Good picks.

7. Jay Rodriguez January 1, 2010 at 11:34 pm #

Happy New Year Chase!

8. HappyDane484 January 2, 2010 at 9:51 am #

If you're anything like me, you're constantly looking for new music to listen to… Have your heard Trip Audrey. They're a local Seattle band… check 'em out.

9. Jack Pope January 3, 2010 at 10:00 am #

My 5 favorite slices of 2009:

Shooting first paid job (brother's before prom)
    Driving with my uncle and cousins from Scottsdale to flagstaff & prescott for a few days
    Going to NYC to see Joe McNally's seminar
    Going to NYC to meet you and hang out with the CJNYC group
    And lastly- finishing the year taking some shots for the Best Cam customer picture contest.. even if I am miles away from winning

I'm extremely excited for 2010. Happy new year!

10. Chase Jarvis January 4, 2010 at 8:42 am #

@happy dane. yeah – just heard trip audry. interesting stuff!

11. free online advanture games January 20, 2010 at 12:28 am #

Amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing.

12. garrett January 23, 2010 at 10:52 pm #

The XX owns!!! soo good.
    got really into The Knife and Fever Ray last year as well.
    shaka

13. Radcy prawni w warszawie November 23, 2011 at 9:29 am #

I wish to show some thanks to this writer for bailing me out of such a scenario. After browsing throughout the world-wide-web and seeing ways that were not beneficial, I believed my entire life was well over. Living devoid of the approaches to the issues you’ve sorted out through your good post is a critical case, as well as ones that might have in a negative way affected my entire career if I hadn’t noticed your web page. Your good ability and kindness in handling all the stuff was priceless. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not come across such a thing like this. I’m able to at this moment look forward to my future. Thank you so much for the reliable and result oriented guide. I won’t be reluctant to refer the sites to anybody who would like guide about this problem.

14. Bennett Emig February 12, 2013 at 7:49 am #

Howdy! A name in my Myspace congregate collective this website with us hence I came to look it above. I’m certainly loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will live cheeping this to my followers! Fantastic blog and fantastic tailor and design