What Are You Going To Shoot Today?

Get out from behind the computer and shoot something you’ve been dying to shoot today. It’s easier that you’ve lead yourself to believe, it costs less than you think, and is more fun than you remember.

In fact, tell us all in the comments below what you’re going to shoot today or tomorrow or this weekend. Don’t be worried that someone’s gonna copy you, because it won’t happen. If you’re doing it right nobody CAN copy you.

I’ll tell you right now, in 10 minutes I’m going to begin shooting a music video and some stills today for Head Like A Kite.

But what are you going to do? Who’s got the huevos to tell us all? (Trust me this is for you, not somebody else. Just engaging your brain and writing the words is half the battle.)

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

340 Responses to What Are You Going To Shoot Today?

1. Brian December 4, 2009 at 9:46 am #

It's snowing in Houston so I'm getting off work at noon and going to head out to shoot some video with the 7D. Not many chances to catch snow footage here so I'm going to take the opportunity while it's here.

2. Sean Hagwell December 4, 2009 at 9:47 am #

Chase, this weekend I'm shooting a personal work concept that blends parkour with high fashion. Putting a twist on a sport that is dominated by hoodies, tees, jeans, and sneakers.

3. Robin December 4, 2009 at 9:48 am #

I'm going to buy a Lastolite Ezy-box this weekend so I'll shoot beautiful photos of my wife and dog. =)

Regards

Rob

4. Cat Johnson December 4, 2009 at 9:48 am #

I've been meaning to get over to the skatepark and see what my new camera can do with moving/jumping people.

5. Paul December 4, 2009 at 9:50 am #

I'll be shooting a Santa Claus in shrimp boots, and a couple dozen screaming kids. Not exactly what I've been dying to shoot, but I do love catching some great expressions.

6. jr cline December 4, 2009 at 9:50 am #

So far today I've taken shots inside a restaurant and inside the grocery store. In a bit I'm going to photograph a baby and his parents. Tomorrow I'm going to town for a little shopping and if it isn't raining, some random photography.

7. Ryan December 4, 2009 at 9:51 am #

Shooting a local barber tomorrow. Part of my old-time barbershop project.

8. A.G. December 4, 2009 at 9:51 am #

Central Park at night!

9. OliverPoburski December 4, 2009 at 9:52 am #

It's going to be Light, in B&W; with my camera on Manual, using my 50 f1.8.

10. Batdorff Photography December 4, 2009 at 9:52 am #

I'm planning on shooting some video in Chicago near the Lakeshore

11. Greg Shields December 4, 2009 at 9:52 am #

This weekend I'm plan to find some random small stream in the Cascade Mountain Range and shoot some low to the ground extended exposure running water shots.

12. Jason December 4, 2009 at 9:52 am #

Alright, I have a few military functions to shoot this weekend, but the fun stuff I am going to do is a hip hop rap group here in Atlanta! Can't wait!

13. benoftroy December 4, 2009 at 9:53 am #

I'm documenting my family's annual Christmas Tree selection. When we settle on a tree, my mom hugs it to make the decision final. I've got a picture of her hugging every Christmas tree we've had for the last several years.

14. Simon Hucko December 4, 2009 at 9:53 am #

the town that I live in has its "light up" festival tomorrow night. I'm going to try my hand at some street shooting (still have a fear of strangers), as well as capturing some of the lights and store fronts around town.

15. Pat December 4, 2009 at 9:54 am #

I'm shooting some of my dishes… cheezy still-life project for my dining room and it should be fun!

16. Bekah December 4, 2009 at 9:54 am #

I'm still figuring out how to shoot on the slopes, so on Sat I'm going to Stevens Pass with my little Cannon and will try to start working it out.

17. Marty December 4, 2009 at 9:54 am #

I've got a plan to shoot the snowberries outside my front door this evening, and maybe also visit the lake in the park at dawn/dusk (haven't decided which yet!) now that the endless rain in the UK appears to have stopped!

18. bill December 4, 2009 at 9:55 am #

I'm going to shoot portraits of my friends with 35mm film in my holga.

19. RyanG December 4, 2009 at 9:56 am #

It's a toss-up between asking the neighbors to turn on their x-mas lights early so I can catch some sundown shots, or my "dessert ninja" concept my wife accidentally inspired me with.

Maybe I'll do both!

20. Imagination Included Photography December 4, 2009 at 9:56 am #

I am going to shoot the art opening at Chroma Gallery in Albuquerque where I show. I use a Eye-Fi card and have the photos display on my computer as a live slideshow. It is great fun and I always get some interesting shots!

21. Joe Horvath December 4, 2009 at 9:57 am #

This weekend we are shooting a montage/web ad for a ski resort. should be bunches of fun

22. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 9:57 am #

not shooting much today, but im ordering my first set of alien bees, and on tuesday im headin out to scout spots for my first location shoot. :D

all the best,

-Chris

23. Jeffrey December 4, 2009 at 9:57 am #

Took some snow shots this morning. About to shoot my poor middle finger, which I sliced with a bread knife. Will see if I can portray pain in the shot. Will then upload to The Best Camera.

24. Jürgen December 4, 2009 at 10:00 am #

Good question, so, I will get up early do some early morning light shots from Ou Kaapse Weg in Cape Town.

25. Pri December 4, 2009 at 10:00 am #

Haha, chase u r so funny, "who's got the huevos" hehe.San Diego to Vail,CO. Looking forward to shoot some skiing, snowboard lifestyle!

26. Don J December 4, 2009 at 10:01 am #

I will try to find a creative angle while covering a charity football game between the local fire department and police department.

27. Emon December 4, 2009 at 10:02 am #

Well, I've recently started a shoot-everyday-no-matter-what project and restricted myself to the nifty fifty lens (Canon 50mm f/1.8).

The idea is to shoot and post 1 image, at least, per day. I'm calling it NYfty50.

28. @Denisr December 4, 2009 at 10:04 am #

bank holiday in italy so.. I might try some HDR in Rome at dawn… if I will wake up!

29. Brian Matiash December 4, 2009 at 10:04 am #

I am off to Old Orchard Beach, in Maine, to do a sunrise shoot on Sunday morning. Then, mosey around Portland for some indoor brewery shooting and top it off with a sunset shoot wherever my and my two buddies find ourselves… ideally on the coast.

30. Chiky December 4, 2009 at 10:05 am #

This night I will shoot a engage proposal like a ‘personal paparazzi’

31. lightwriter December 4, 2009 at 10:06 am #

The fact that it's about to snow in Louisiana provides gobs of photo opportunities. We don't get snow down here often so I'm really looking forward to it! I'll also be shooting some portraits at a lock-in tonight.

32. KAST December 4, 2009 at 10:07 am #

I already spent some time shooting the low fog over downtown Seattle with the sun steaming through in spots this morning. At midnight last night I shot down on the Smith Cove tide-flats where a couple scrounging raccoons scared the hell out of me. Great times though.

33. Kurtis December 4, 2009 at 10:07 am #

I'm putting together a half-day shoot in the studio with a model and make-up artist to get some new stuff for my portfolio. A little boudoir style, a little pin-up style, some fun conceptual beauty stuff…

Just a fun shoot for me to experiment with different looks and lighting, which I will definitely be using to market myself for similar work.

It's nothing earth-shattering, by any means, but it's for me, and that's the important thing, as you know all too well. Personal work really is the most rewarding.

34. DantePasquale December 4, 2009 at 10:07 am #

My wife, Joanie, is meeting up with me in Murry Hill (Little Italy in Cleveland) for some Pizza at Mama Santa's. I just texted here to bring my camera. Hope she remembers! Chase, Thanks for the kick in butt motivation.

Ciao, Danté

35. Lester December 4, 2009 at 10:11 am #

It's not snowing in San Antonio, but I get to shoot for our campus January 2010 Alumni Magazine. Sounds boring, but I'm excited. Hope to use my new Lastolite Ez-box.

36. C.C. Chapman December 4, 2009 at 10:13 am #

I'm headed up to the coast of Maine tomorrow for a little off the grid time and plenty of picture taking.

There are rumors of snow which would make for some fun ocean shooting.

Happy shooting everyone.

37. Aaron December 4, 2009 at 10:13 am #

Going to use my lunch like I do most days to shoot the urban scene. Thinking of getting my lensbaby's take on the graffiti at a local skate park. Pretty spectacular stuff there.

38. Shirlita December 4, 2009 at 10:16 am #

I'm going to shoot something during my workout routine. Not sure exactly what yet…so we'll see.

39. Ryan December 4, 2009 at 10:16 am #

Usually I read and fly, but today (and the last month) I have been on the road shooting a documentry…video and stills of human trafficking along the west coast. Tijauana, Vegas, LA, San Fran, Sacramento, PDX today and Seattle, Vancouver in the next few days…kind of a mixed project…Anyways, Gots to go! Maybe I'll stop by the studio Chase!

40. Tyler December 4, 2009 at 10:16 am #

Northwest winter light, trains, and inversion weather landscapes.

41. Kurtis December 4, 2009 at 10:17 am #

Lester: You're in San Antonio too, eh? Talk about inaccurate forecast, lol. What campus are you shooting?

42. Juan Leonel December 4, 2009 at 10:17 am #

So far i been taking a lot of pictures in privates partys and a few conferences!

43. James Atkinson December 4, 2009 at 10:18 am #

Shoot some low light in Nashville with only a 50mm prime.

44. Edward December 4, 2009 at 10:19 am #

Thanks for the motivation Chase! I shot some pictures of my watch dropped in water, I tried to do a motion freeze type picture, got lots of interesting bubbles too! Here's the final best shot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45060207@N07/4158325028/ (I've taken less than 200 shots since starting photography last week!)

45. bythewei December 4, 2009 at 10:19 am #

Its 230 am in this part of the world.

Currently at a vegetable wholesale market photographing the operations.

How's that for craziness?

46. kramon December 4, 2009 at 10:19 am #

I'm gonna shoot cyclists!
    probably in the mud
    probably in the rain

BRING IT ON!!! !-)))

47. Cody Onthank December 4, 2009 at 10:19 am #

I'll be finishing my Nikon Festival submission. Look out!

48. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 10:21 am #

I'm shooting all kinds of things in my head. All of the time. Even right now. I shoot the most amazing things when I THINK about creating images.

When I get the spare time the only thing I'll create are excuses. Happens all of the time. Even right now.

49. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 10:22 am #

Teaching a short off-camera flash seminar at work today, does that count?

50. Jeremy December 4, 2009 at 10:22 am #

We've got a blizzard rolling in right now. That'll give inspiration to shoot!!! Also have a high key kids shoot this afternoon.

Kudos to spreadin the word. Just get your camera out and things will fall into place!

Cheers.

51. ErinK December 4, 2009 at 10:22 am #

I will work on some assignments and challenges: "shoes", "paper or plastic" "3 shot storyboard"

52. Arena Creative December 4, 2009 at 10:22 am #

Today I'm not shooting, I wish I could but I have too much other work. Tomorrow I'm going to play around in my "all new" home studio in the basement with my B800 :)

53. Michael J Metts December 4, 2009 at 10:23 am #

I'm going to shoot some surfaces. I love shooting two-dimensional photos of walls, doors, dumpsters, floors, etc.

I usually get some weird looks when I do it though.

54. Freddy December 4, 2009 at 10:23 am #

I have a song writer friend, that's in town, and wants to do new pictures, I told her I have to cool locations here in L.A, and she loved the idea of shooting in both, so we're doing one on Saturday, and one on Sunday.
    Sunset time, with some portable power and lights, at the beach, and over looking Los Angeles.
    I'm in the process of building my portfolio, so this will be great practice and material.

55. Christine Glade December 4, 2009 at 10:24 am #

More people

56. Sven Grönberg December 4, 2009 at 10:24 am #

just shot some group-portraits..

57. Shawn December 4, 2009 at 10:26 am #

Nothing actually. Today is a "growing the business" day. Reaching out to past clients, wooing prospective clients, brainstorming projects, etc.

58. Willis December 4, 2009 at 10:27 am #

I'll be shooting a portrait for Holiday cards and hopefully something for my long term photo project.

Willis

59. Shaun Ward December 4, 2009 at 10:28 am #

I'll be shooting football (soccer) for the local paper tomorrow. Then some portraits

60. Jon Phillips December 4, 2009 at 10:28 am #

My daughters dancing tonight at the local "Lighting of the Christmas Tree." So I'm hoping to get some good shots of the lights and of course my daughter.

61. OffPiste December 4, 2009 at 10:30 am #

If the photo pass comes through for certain, I am shooting Soul Asylum at First Avenue in Minneapolis. Cross your fingers for me!

62. John B. Mueller Photography December 4, 2009 at 10:31 am #

I was asked to photography a charity boxing match between local firemen & policemen. Something I've never done before, so time to experiment with some angles & lighting, and rapid fire shooting.

63. Kevin December 4, 2009 at 10:31 am #

Snow here tomorrow so get some pre snow shots tonight and then hit the same places tomorrow.

64. Nicholas December 4, 2009 at 10:32 am #

I'm shooting at the CIM this weekend for http://www.bechange.cc

Nick

65. jose luis quiroz December 4, 2009 at 10:33 am #

Voy a hacer unas tomas con iluminacion muy pobre e ISOS altos con dos de mis camaras y tres de los lentes que mas utilizo. La idea es determinar de manera definitiva la combinacion y ajustes adecuados para fotografiar bodas con el mejor equipo. El que tengo

66. Venura Herath December 4, 2009 at 10:33 am #

I got my new SB900 today…. now i have to flashes (SB600 and SB900)… and made my own light box! Going to play with flashes and light boxes today @ the whole weekend!

Have a nice weekend my friends,

Venura

MLC401024120467N

67. M Harris December 4, 2009 at 10:34 am #

Tonight I will work on some food photography, then tomorrow head in the woods to try and capture some good light in the Wissahickon. Great Post Chase!!!

68. Dirk Jensen December 4, 2009 at 10:34 am #

I'm shooting some tech/security images in a data center. It's not the most inspiring location, but sometimes shooting macro can change basic product shots into interesting shape/texture/shadow compositions.

69. Murder City Photography December 4, 2009 at 10:35 am #

Shooting Buddha's Christmas portrait.

70. Tram December 4, 2009 at 10:35 am #

Corporate Holiday Fundraiser group shots!

71. thobert December 4, 2009 at 10:38 am #

My son and I are heading up to Mount St.Helens, north of Portland, before the snow finally cuts off the road. it's suppposed to be clear this weekend so we're hoping for a great view.

72. Miguel December 4, 2009 at 10:40 am #

I'd like to take some shots around Edinburgh. Despite having lived in Edinburgh for over 8 years, I do not have any Christmasy shots in town. So, I might give it a go.

73. Bryan Mitchell December 4, 2009 at 10:40 am #

Cigar Lounge in Detroit.

74. Bill Pennington December 4, 2009 at 10:41 am #

I found a way to get into a crazy looking abandoned office park so I am shooting that at lunch. Band promo shots Saturday for Zed (http://www.zedisded.com) then video Zeds live show Sat. night. Sunday is most likely family Xmas portrait.

75. Aaron Hockley December 4, 2009 at 10:42 am #

I'm going to shoot some people at a social event this afternoon, continuing to explore how my new S90 deals with interesting lighting conditions.

76. Josh Webb December 4, 2009 at 10:46 am #

More self portraits, scout locations for upcoming portrait session, maybe a long exposure of a can spinning under steam power or a timelapse of peeling an apple on an antique mechanical apple peeler.

77. snickell December 4, 2009 at 10:48 am #

I'm gonna head out and shot some old farm buildings and the old Port Blakely Mill site with my LensBaby Composer and then traditional lenses. This weekend I'm gonna shoot some portraits of my grandkids.

78. Hieuy December 4, 2009 at 10:50 am #

Dec 7th I Will be Shooting Japanese and Thai food.I'm Going to try to bring out All the colors/depth to make it as Loud as poosible and Scream EAT MEEE with a touch of mouth Watering lol

79. Clark Griffiths December 4, 2009 at 10:50 am #

A public service campaign for hearing impaired children..

80. Lisa Jane Persky December 4, 2009 at 10:51 am #

I have to stay behind the computer today so I'm documenting my computer day. What is today's work? Who do I follow. Where do I cheat, waste my time? What/Who do I love? My twitter feed! Screen shots by camera.

81. Rj Dollen December 4, 2009 at 10:51 am #

If I am lucky I'll be shooting Jack and sipping a fat tire.

82. Marvin Pido December 4, 2009 at 10:53 am #

I've been meaning to shoot bands at clubs. Perhaps shoot them at a later time in a studio setting. Thanks Chase.

83. stephan December 4, 2009 at 11:00 am #

Tomorrow is the first ever installment of "food & foto", a personal project of inviting friends over and taking portrait photos in a relaxed environment. I'm honestly nervous, because I seem to be far more critical of my work when shooting people I'm close to than when working with strangers…

84. Brenda Johima December 4, 2009 at 11:00 am #

A Dog and Cat. Ouch. Not Really. LOVE Shooting Pet Photos.

85. Jamie Gordon December 4, 2009 at 11:03 am #

I don't get to shoot everyday. But coming up over the next couple weeks I have some reportage events for the local newspaper, I'm doing some live music coverage and some P.R. shots for the local college (High School) drama group.

86. Jeff Zimmerman December 4, 2009 at 11:03 am #

Cyclocross racing in Bristol TN.

87. Ben December 4, 2009 at 11:04 am #

My son's wonderful Lego constructions!

88. Wynand December 4, 2009 at 11:05 am #

Im doing a a shoot in response to Van Gogh's Woman Digging or Paul Cezanne's Woman in a green hat. Just depends on the props

89. Juha Ylitalo December 4, 2009 at 11:05 am #

Its already late evening in Helsinki (Finland), so instead of telling what I am going to shoot, I am going to tell, what I was shooting …
    Hour before sunrise, I was taking monthly photograph about local market square (one photograph each month) and in the evening (one hour after sunset) self portrait about myself doing taiji gong, which is yet another 12 month project with one photograph each month.

90. Brian Higbee December 4, 2009 at 11:08 am #

I'm shooting my friend who's a tattoo artist while he's tattooing.

91. Josh Engel December 4, 2009 at 11:09 am #

I shot a Matisyahu concert last night. I didn't have my SLR but the best camera is the one that's with you right? My point and shoot got some nice shots :) One of them was just out of this world!

92. Mike Wesner December 4, 2009 at 11:10 am #

If we get some more snow, I'd like to try shooting that again. Yesterday was my first attempt, but I think I can be more creative.

93. CarlssonInc December 4, 2009 at 11:16 am #

Daughter's birthday party, turning 7.

94. Matt December 4, 2009 at 11:17 am #

I'm going to be shooting one of my good friends who made herself a beautiful victorian dress. I'm excited!

95. Juha Ylitalo December 4, 2009 at 11:18 am #

Already took photographs from two places (market square one hour before sunrise and self-portrait about myself doing taiji gong one hour after sunset in local park). This weekend I am going to post process those along other activities.

96. Steel December 4, 2009 at 11:18 am #

I'm shooting my first college basketball game tonight, and portraits for a multimedia project the rest of the weekend. I love the end of the semester…

Good luck everyone.

97. Sean Austin December 4, 2009 at 11:18 am #

Big Sky and Moonlight Basin.

98. benobriensmith December 4, 2009 at 11:20 am #

I'm shooting the Afro-Beat group Rubblebucket Orchestra (http://www.myspace.com/rubblebucket) at a show on Saturday night at the Java Barn in Canton, NY. Looking forward to some great tunes, good people and fun shooting!

99. Chad Simcox December 4, 2009 at 11:20 am #

Possibly myself in the face as I'm trying to wrap my head around an intense music video edit. Here's to another 12hr day staring at a monitor!

100. Nelson W December 4, 2009 at 11:22 am #

I have been told that there are goats at a farm we will be visiting on Sunday. I have wanted to get in the pen with my camera and a few goats for a long time. Hopefully Sunday will be the day. If not, I'm going to find another way to get goat pics soon.

101. Isaac Lane Koval December 4, 2009 at 11:22 am #

I'm borrowing a friend's macro lens and the weather is beautiful so out I go. Next week I'm doing a lifestyle shoot up at a cabin in the mountains :) .

102. StephenElliot December 4, 2009 at 11:24 am #

Started the day by shooting some bubbles against a black background. …just for the heck of it.

103. eliesa December 4, 2009 at 11:28 am #

I shot this. I've been wanting to use this lighting for a whiiiiiile now and I'm happy i did! http://www.photogen-inc.com/blog

104. tom December 4, 2009 at 11:32 am #

something crazy

105. Oscar Portillo December 4, 2009 at 11:32 am #

Well, it's snowing in here in corpus Christ, tx. I'll be hitting up the beach later to get some shot of it in snow. Just for the record, it was 71 degrees here last Saturday.

106. Web Master December 4, 2009 at 11:34 am #

Tomorrow is opening day at Cascade Mountain Ski Resort in Portage, Wisconsin. We will use my Vholdr HD helmet cam and 7D. http://www.tjharron.com

107. Brandt December 4, 2009 at 11:37 am #

I am so excited! Sunday I'm going to B&H; in the city and getting a D5000 with the 18-105 lens. I am pretty much gonna shoot EVERYTHING!!!!

108. Chris H December 4, 2009 at 11:41 am #

I'm going to do some portraits of my wife using a flash kit I bought today. My first time working with flash, can't wait!!!

109. marcusneto December 4, 2009 at 11:47 am #

I shot a friend that stopped by. A few weeks ago I started a series called friends that stopped by and so anyone that comes to the office (we don't get many visitors) gets their picture taken.

And my family is coming in tomorrow for portraits too…

110. Darcey de los Reyes Photography December 4, 2009 at 11:48 am #

Today I'm going to play with gels & a 3 light set up now that I have 3 pocket wizards finally. 2 different colors on both sides and a main light on my model with a black backdrop, so excited. Tonight a nightlife event here in Baltimore and a Xmas charity event for children in Silver Spring & another nightlife event Sat. Man just saying it is half the battle =) Thanks Chase!!!

111. Nick Davis December 4, 2009 at 11:49 am #

Going to take my daughter out this Sunday and work on some environmental portraits for her CD and my website.

112. Jonathan Frazier December 4, 2009 at 11:49 am #

I'm going to experiment with: film, homemade filters, and double exposure.

113. Neil Corman December 4, 2009 at 11:49 am #

Have an opening of a community show at my gallery this evening in Denver, so will shoot some pics of that event.

Did do a project in Nov once again shooting everyday and posting on my blog in which people can not vote for the top three images. So it is possible to take a pic every day.
    30 Days Project

114. Luminance December 4, 2009 at 11:51 am #

Hello!Tomorrow i am going to shoot a parkour session for the first time…Not sure what setup am i going to use, but i will figured it out as soon as i get there!!eh,eh!!

timothy

115. Keith Barraclough December 4, 2009 at 11:51 am #

Shot at night with my Canon 5d Mark II and posted it to my blog – http://keithbarraclough.blogspot.com.
    I'm in NYC now and shooting more this weekend.

116. Matt N. December 4, 2009 at 11:53 am #

I'm currently cooking up a personal photo project I want to get going, but in the meantime, I'm getting the feel of my new weapon of choice for it – Nikon D90 w/50mm 1.8!

P.S. Thanks, Chase, for the review/campaign you (and your crew) did last year on the D90! Played the biggest part in helping me decide to make the purchase.

117. Bits of Evidence December 4, 2009 at 11:55 am #

Part of the fun is living in front of time… I will be shooting a simple family supper – bread and soup – for a Lent theme cover.

118. Pixel Perfections December 4, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Me and TBCITOTWY book on our way to MN from MO.

119. JOE-3PO December 4, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

Christmas portrait of Fam tomorrow, getting the set ready now … should be sweeet!!!!

120. matt hollingsworth December 4, 2009 at 12:02 pm #

I'm going out in my neighborhood at the golden hour with my Lensbaby and shoot some of the beautiful trees that are all around. I'll get some with my iPhone as well and post to Best Camera.

Thanks for writing this, Chase!

121. The Bimbo´s Place December 4, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

HI CHASE, WELL ACTUALLY I LIVE IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, SO THERE IS NO SNOW, BUT THERE´S A BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPE COMING OUT OF THE FALLING SUN, SO IM GONNA SHOOT THAT PLUS WITH THE CITY TRAFFIC AND THE COMMON PEOPLE. IN THE NIGHT A HUGE 180º PANAROAM VIEW OF THE HOLE CITY ..:)…

122. Paul Glover December 4, 2009 at 12:09 pm #

Hoping this evening to get some decent night shots of a recently finished commercial development I pass on my way to and from work. Hopefully the photo I see in my head will match what's actually possible!

Tomorrow morning the local Christmas parade.

All with a recently-gifted-to-me Canon F-1, and my Oly C4000Z used as a spot meter for the night shots.

123. jason December 4, 2009 at 12:09 pm #

I'll be taking some family portraits of a good friend who recently returned from serving in Afghanistan…And then having a few pints with him.

124. Gil Searcy December 4, 2009 at 12:11 pm #

Going to be shooting high school wrestling this P.M. -

125. ac December 4, 2009 at 12:13 pm #

Probably not going to shoot anything *else* today, but earlier, I shot pictures of people who had moustaches. People who had moustaches competatively.

126. trace December 4, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

Yesterday I went into the woods and photographed myself jumping for a great cause to help fight Cancer, and in particular children with the illness. It felt great to contribute:

They are looking for pictures of people simply "jumping for a cure". I love the one that was posted from Mumbai, India… so exuberant! Anyone is welcome to submit pictures and join the cause. It really feels wonderful to jump + click!

127. adammclardy December 4, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

Finally found my Cannon Eos disk so now I can tether to my laptop not my desktop. So I'm thinking time for some long exposure timelaps.

128. cody December 4, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

Christmas Cards. I'm going to shoot photos for our Christmas cards this year.

129. Simon Griffeth December 4, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

Food shot with whole, feathered game fowl.

130. Innes McCallum December 4, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

Going to head out and take some sunset shots in Stanley Park Vancouver. Doesn't get more relaxing than that

131. jassfoley December 4, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

Fighting the rain in Ireland to pick up a wind machine for a shoot for Coke on Monday… good times!

132. Baummer December 4, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

Muy Thai and Boxing fights. My first real paid gig here in the Big Apple. Should be fun.

133. federico gnoli December 4, 2009 at 12:32 pm #

just ended to shot some footage of parkour video under the rain!

134. federico gnoli December 4, 2009 at 12:32 pm #

just ended to shot some footage of parkour video under the rain!

135. Chris Burke December 4, 2009 at 12:35 pm #

I'll be out shooting a christmas parade this evening.. tripod in tote for all those lights in the dark..

136. jefflynchdev December 4, 2009 at 12:35 pm #

More of this!

Jeff

137. ryanrombough December 4, 2009 at 12:36 pm #

We're getting some epic snow next week here in Salt Lake City, so I am going to shoot a conceptual winter portrait I have had in my head for a long time, involving strobes and an incandescent light bulb.

138. Harmony Loves December 4, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

I'm going to be shooting on a mvie set this weekend. totally nervous and excited. :)

139. Mark Forman December 4, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

I'm in Taichung,Taiwan and I'm going to shoot some street life. Maybe some Christmas in Asia but whatever awesome I find in my viewfinder will go down. :D

140. Ruan December 4, 2009 at 12:38 pm #

Think I need to head out to Kalkbay to get some more sunrise shots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruan/sets/72157606712346205/

141. Heather December 4, 2009 at 12:38 pm #

I'm shooting a runway fashion show for the Children's Hospital Charity and the Singleton Mom's Charity dinner and auction Saturday night. Sunday will be the annual Zoo Lights with the family.
    Busy week but I'm happy I can donate my time to some very worthy local charities.

142. Russell Hay December 4, 2009 at 12:38 pm #

I'll be shooting people I've never met before. I'm doing an open studio in Seattle in my little basement studio and have two people lined up already

143. Kreighbaum December 4, 2009 at 12:38 pm #

Besides the gurney I stumbled upon in a stairwell: Christmas stuff. Going to make it to the fake Santa riding in the vintage truck with new 35mm/1.8.

144. Brett December 4, 2009 at 12:39 pm #

Shooting the brooklyn banks before they close it down for repairs. Bmx and skateboarders. Working on a magazine pitch.

145. Erik Edge December 4, 2009 at 12:39 pm #

I shot my own bands promo last night.

Click to see the result…

146. MMC December 4, 2009 at 12:41 pm #

I'll be shooting a short with this guy on the 7D. Can't wait. Should be a good weekend after a loooooong week.

147. sroyle December 4, 2009 at 12:43 pm #

If I get over this cold enough I am going to shoot some video of our church play tomorrow. Hopefully get some still shooting in too.

148. Andrei December 4, 2009 at 12:43 pm #

I'm gonna shoot some portraits of my kids. We're heading for a walk right after lunch. Will be back to post link. It's part of my 365.

149. Andrew December 4, 2009 at 12:44 pm #

I'm shooting a bunch of 2-3 year olds trying to make sushi rolls. If anyone has any suggestions for getting sticky rice out of a 7D, please post them now. :)

150. Laurie December 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm #

I'm shooting HDR of interesting lab equipment indoors where it's warm.

151. Scott MacKenzie December 4, 2009 at 12:46 pm #

I might shoot the Sheriff, but I do not think I will shoot the Deputy.
    Instead, I think I'll concentrate on the nasty weather we're going to have and do a "Warm-in-here, Cold-out-there" kind of thing.

152. M December 4, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

I'm shooting an assembly at my daughter's school. She's 'student of the month' and will be going on stage to get her award. It will be a challenge with the lighting, but I'm also to get video w/ my 7D. Do I get a 'my child is….' bumper sticker now?

153. Joshua Tucker December 4, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

I am embracing the chilling weather we are having over this side of the Atlantic (London) and am shooting High School field-hockey and rugby.

154. Chase December 4, 2009 at 12:51 pm #

Tonight – NBA coverage. Tomorrow night – NCAA Coverage. Tomorrow Day, warehouse grunge documentary and study. Opposite spectrums, fascinated by both. Theres some serious inspiration going on in these comments man. Seriously.

155. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

Being in the SF bay area, i'll be heading to Muir Woods for a few hours, then the always fun golden gate bridge spots!

156. Roeland December 4, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

My kid. Due to a lot of commercial assignments, I didn't even have time to snap some pics of my own one-year-old. So now I will MAKE time to make that happen…!

157. Fenne December 4, 2009 at 12:55 pm #

Dogs dogs dogs
    and testing my new lens

158. Alan Morris December 4, 2009 at 12:55 pm #

Shooting some stills and video of site locations in San Francisco for a videographer in Holland.

159. Markus Goerg December 4, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

I'm shooting this weekend, too! Fashion/Nudes… Can't wait! It'll be a blast!

160. Abraxsis December 4, 2009 at 12:59 pm #

Now that I'm finished with my second book. I plan to begin part two of my "shooting blind" project/book, "shooting blind: cityscapes" For a clearer picture of the project check out shooting blind.

161. Matt Fricovsky December 4, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

I'll be shooting with Mark Wallace at the NYC stop of his US tour. Bunch of models, some PW's and lights. Looks like it'll be a cool event.

162. TranceMist December 4, 2009 at 1:03 pm #

Two of my daughter's basketball games and a fundaiser at the Christmas Market for the Atlanta International School.

163. Scot December 4, 2009 at 1:08 pm #

Getting way in over my head and out of my comfort zone to shoot some pinup stuff. The shots will be with 1-3 people. Time to fly by the seat of my pants. Into the void, gents.

164. Janel December 4, 2009 at 1:08 pm #

Hi Chase, it's finals time at the Art Institute of Seattle, so I've got a photoshop project due next week. My idea is to select a renaissance painting to recreate, it's going to be awesome! Thanks for the inspiration, as usual!

165. digiTED December 4, 2009 at 1:09 pm #

Hey, Chase. You're a great instigator!

Starting this afternoon, I'll be walking around SF with an FX DSLR and some primes (prolly 24, 50, 85). I'll be hunting for juxtapositions between structure and space for my urban topography series. Nothing scheduled until Sat nite and the first of the holiday parties this year.

166. Gary Austin December 4, 2009 at 1:12 pm #

A protest

167. Zak.Shelhamer December 4, 2009 at 1:19 pm #

US Grand Prix of snowboarding @ Copper mountain, -10 degrees out… stoked. not. but kinda. umm yeah.

168. Jesse Coy Allen December 4, 2009 at 1:23 pm #

Rented some lighting gear. going to take some family pics and sunday Have to go shoot a wine cellar and some portraits for a restaurant's website I've been working on.

169. Brian Palmer Photography December 4, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

i'm currently doing a 365 project on my blog, so I want to shoot a water fall with a ND filter so not to blow out the sky. Also want to do some reflection work this weekend.

Thanks Chase!

170. Chris Wadkins December 4, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

I just got a new Nikon 105mm macro lens for my nikon d200 so I am gonna go out and shoot some real intense close up shots of everything…

171. David Young December 4, 2009 at 1:35 pm #

Shooting football tomorrow – Partick Thistle v Dundee – Glasgow's big match

172. Chris Stampar December 4, 2009 at 1:48 pm #

I am going to shoot some portraits of my dad for his business with my new softbox! should be lots of fun. really want to see everyones photos, particularly the high fashion/parkour shots Sean Hagwell mentioned at the beginning. Lots of creativity from everyone, love it.

173. Bruce December 4, 2009 at 1:49 pm #

Scoping out and doing some test shots for a Help Portrait shoot next weekend.

174. janequigley December 4, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

I'm heading up to Rhode Island to see my new baby cousin and shoot some of the landscape.

175. Brian O. December 4, 2009 at 1:51 pm #

Today I want to try some lighting stuff with the kids. Yesterday I shot a cattle drive.

176. Matt Leitholt December 4, 2009 at 1:52 pm #

Tomorrow I'm shooting the world's largest Lego robotics competition on Post Falls, ID.

177. Jonathan Parker December 4, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

Sunrise shoot at adler planetarium in chicago…gonna be cold but beautiful for sure… — jp

178. Alton G. Richardson December 4, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

@ Matt (above) I used to live in Post Falls! My father is the branch manager of Senske Lawn & Tree Care.

Chase, Sunday I will be taking more time to shoot then climb and photographing at a very small crag near Jamestown, Ca.

179. Marcus Grip December 4, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Today i shot my cousins, regular portrait photography in my home studio and tomorrow i will be shooting my two friend who is magicians and take some cool pics for their website. On Monday i will film their tricks and make an cool intro for their own magician movie!

Beat that! ;) Haha peace out all and have a cool photo weekend!

180. Ira Casel December 4, 2009 at 1:59 pm #

My kids and I were off today, so we went in the backyard for an impromptu shoot.

181. John Sturr December 4, 2009 at 1:59 pm #

See as the D3s arrived on Monday and has less then 55 photos on the counter — well I guess I have to break in that shutter now don't I…

JSturr

182. Jonathan Parker December 4, 2009 at 2:05 pm #

@John above, where are you shooting along the lakeshore?

183. John December 4, 2009 at 2:07 pm #

In the studio shooting holiday portraits for the neighbors.

184. Erebus December 4, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

Going (sunrise) to Niagara Falls (an hour away) to take some pics of "sunrise on the Niagara River" (and then go to brunch)

185. Jack Pope December 4, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

Shooting some Best Camera customer shots tonight. Doing video for the opening of the local fire house tomorrow. Nikon Festival video on sunday.

186. thinedge December 4, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

Shot some street portraits today. Also photo-scouted locations and got permission for roof access for a long term project that will document the changes in an urban neighborhood. Might even get to use some large format gear on this one.

Definitely enjoying getting out there and making pictures.

187. Uschi December 4, 2009 at 2:10 pm #

Shot my knitting project today for my daily blog and will shoot a roller skating party tomorrow.

188. Zapplegate December 4, 2009 at 2:11 pm #

This weekend I'll be shooting my fried's brother and his girl friend, along with their new puppy. I might also be filming a campaign video for a project for the girl friend's class. It's going to fun to get out and take pictures with a purpose in mind, instead of just trying to get what I usually get. I enjoy the change

189. domenko December 4, 2009 at 2:11 pm #

I'm going to shoot an entry for a competition entitled "The power of light". Should be loads of fun, because I was looking forward to this shoot for a while now. ;)

190. damien wong-ken December 4, 2009 at 2:13 pm #

Hey. Tomorrow I'm shooting for a music school and the students there. We've been planning for about a month, so it should be great.

191. David W. Sumner December 4, 2009 at 2:15 pm #

This afternoon I'm shooting some candid portraits of fellow photographers and artists at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

192. Joe Ercoli December 4, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

I'll be shooting a kitchen remodel in about an hour for a website that I'm developing for a cabinet maker. Gotta pay the bills, right?!

But later tonight, I'll be roaming the streets of San Francisco and shooting the SF skyline from Treasure Island… That's when the fun begins!

-joe

193. luke December 4, 2009 at 2:19 pm #

I'm shooting a wedding. My last for 2009. yee haw. :)

194. Joel Bergsma December 4, 2009 at 2:19 pm #

Hopefully some Snowboarding up at Mt. Baker!

195. John Leonard Photography December 4, 2009 at 2:23 pm #

I'll be wrapping up my Nikon Festival video by shooting one last scene, and bunches of still images of light…no really, you know light bulbs, fire, candles, etc. I have an idea and that can be scary!!

196. Steve Arnett December 4, 2009 at 2:33 pm #

I'm flying to New Mexico tonight to photography some old steam locomotives as then plow through the snow. I'm stoked!

197. Nick December 4, 2009 at 2:34 pm #

I'm shooting a portrait series of my ex-girlfriend. With a 400mm from across the street from her apartment in a 72 Ford LTD. That restraining order makes it really tough to shoot our Christmas card this year. Thank God for PhotoShop! Merry Christmas everyone!

198. Michael Kalbo December 4, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

I'll be shooting a quick photo of my new lense. Tokina 11-16f2.8

199. SAM OKSNER December 4, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

Gona shoot this project, the behind the scenes at a college, high tech, glamor photos of custodians and the like.

Also shooting the Filipino jazz festival tomorrow which is always nice!

Annual Christmas choir and philharmonic going on as well, shoot that…

200. petr December 4, 2009 at 2:51 pm #

tomorrow?

organizing local strobist meetup in Liberec, Czech Republic.. in a manner that if nobody organizes it for you, you have to do it yourself for others, i stepped on totally unexplored terrain and am "hosting" the event…

terrified? yes
    excited? totally ;)

in words of unnamed automotive tv show host – "how hard can it be?" :)

201. Alex December 4, 2009 at 2:55 pm #

I have a media pass to photograph some high school basketball, and their dance team tonight!

—Alex
    MooreALX.com

202. damian drohan @damianphoto December 4, 2009 at 2:56 pm #

This weekend i'll be shooting some close up portraits of my (almost) two year old son, inspired by Steve Pyke's 18 year project on his son Jack, and practicing some new lighting techniques with my patient wife as model

203. damian drohan @damianphoto December 4, 2009 at 2:56 pm #

204. Adam December 4, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

I am going to the UW to shoot a charity that is collecting cans from the tale gate parties to recycle and donate it all to chemo patients. They need promo material, I'm gona get it for em!

205. Jeremie December 4, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

santaclause and parents sitting on his lap!

206. Aaron December 4, 2009 at 3:18 pm #

Today, I photographed my family & friends, as well as my newborn son at his bris. Life is amazing.

207. James Stoneley December 4, 2009 at 3:28 pm #

On Sunday I am going to start filming my entry for the Nikon "A Day Through Your Lens" competition. It's going to be so much fun! I've managed to borrow some cool new toys to use with my 5D MKII. This self-confessed techno geek is getting very excited!

Chase – your inspiration came just when I needed it. I was just having a convo with my girlfriend about not doing enough personal projects and shooting the stuff I'm passionate about and she said "just get out there and do it, the hardest thing is just starting and once you do it the energy will just snowball", then I wandered onto your blog and saw this – it was great timing!!

Good luck with the music video, can't wait to see the results.

208. -mk- December 4, 2009 at 3:28 pm #

Colorado Cyclocross state championships in Arvada, CO tomorrow. Snow on the ground and mid-30's tomorrow will create sloppy, muddy conditions. Perfect for CX racing and photos. http://www.mitchkline.com

209. Brooke Whatnall December 4, 2009 at 3:38 pm #

Off to shoot a wedding in Adelaide – No motivation needed, i love this stuff!

210. Anna Shethar December 4, 2009 at 3:44 pm #

Got some good shots of the sunset working on my portraits. Hoping to hit The Land Down Under this May with my mom and dad.

211. Peter Caty December 4, 2009 at 3:45 pm #

I'm going to begin a new portrait project with my friends as subjects. It's gonna be REAL abstract.

212. Phil December 4, 2009 at 3:47 pm #

Just got the cheap and cheerful Canon 50mm f1.8 the other day, so I will be playing with that this weekend. It is raining AGAIN here in the UK though, so will probably be taking lots of photos of the kids running around harassing their mother. :-)

213. Dave December 4, 2009 at 3:48 pm #

The weekend I will be shooting the Installation of Officers ceremony at a nearby Masonic Lodge. Then shooting some bell ringers for the Salvation Army. I will also start researching for a Quinceañera a friend of mine asked me to shoot. Being your standard suburban cul-de-sac dwelling white guy, I have no idea what I just got myself into. I've got a few months to prepare.

214. schauba December 4, 2009 at 3:53 pm #

I think I will take some photos of my favorite cooking pan. The best Father's Day gift I've received.

215. Jordan Demer December 4, 2009 at 3:56 pm #

I'm going to somehow find a way to creatively combine a polaroid camera, the Best Camera Book, and the 20cm of snow we just got here in Edmonton, Alberta, to create an entry photo for the Best Camera photo contest.

216. Dan Speicher December 4, 2009 at 3:57 pm #

Nick, Thanks, that made my day. Good Luck with the PS post work.

I played around with a Paul C. Buff Vagabond Battery and White Lightning x1600 today. Still prefer available light outside though. But it was interesting shooting with it.

Tomorrow is just some fun personal work with film, and a few hours of downhill biking, maybe photos if i get sick of pushing my bike up the hill.

Now if only we could get some snow in PA.

217. otteypm December 4, 2009 at 3:57 pm #

This weekend I will mostly be shooting rain! Some rain on the window, maybe some rain on the car bonnet. Hoping for an overcast sky with a bit of cloud detail so I can get some interesting reflections. Might also start using my 5d's video function at last…..

218. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

not a dang thing. it's been a dry spell lately, but next weekend is the yearly portrait with the wife and k9. Thinking about staging it at the xmas tree farm.

219. MattBW December 4, 2009 at 4:05 pm #

I went to shoot a gig tonight, good fun and not my usual subject matter. Shame my card reader has died.

220. Thomas M December 4, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

Shooting for clients: Wine & leather goods

Shooting for me: Fun table-top stuff & whatever I find on the beach

221. shawn December 4, 2009 at 4:16 pm #

i just finished up a shoot for my ongoing personal portrait project…the opportunity fell into my hands….i now have gained a MUA for future shoots out it

222. Chris M December 4, 2009 at 4:16 pm #

Victoria Grizzlies vs. Port Alberni Bulldogs at the Bear Mountain Arena

223. Craig Ferguson (@cfimages) December 4, 2009 at 4:20 pm #

Paid – shooting a funk band tonight.

Unpaid – whatever I find while wandering around town over the weekend.

224. Derek Griggs December 4, 2009 at 4:24 pm #

I'm hoping for a little more snow over night in Minnesota, then talk my dog to the park and capture him playing in it!

225. J. Harrington / Icon Imaging December 4, 2009 at 4:25 pm #

I'm shooting some another female model for my book that will be published next year to help raise money for the fight against cancer.

226. Benjamin December 4, 2009 at 4:31 pm #

I am grateful to have the opportunity to shoot our friends Christmas Portrait. This season the theme is Holiday at the Wilson's where we will capture day in the life editorial style. No fancy set-up, just the family doing holiday activities. It's going to be great. Good luck this weekend.

227. Villainous Vivi December 4, 2009 at 4:40 pm #

I will be playing with the D40 this weekend, showing that even the low-end amateur cameras can do quite well with taking pictures.

228. Adrian wyer December 4, 2009 at 4:58 pm #

I'm gonna get up at the crack (about 5 hours from now) and drive out to a big open common, near royal Windsor and shoot the first rays…. maybe get some wildlife macro done while I'm there? who knows, take it as it comes!

229. Katherine December 4, 2009 at 5:09 pm #

I just bought a build-your-own-cardboard-pinhole-camera, I think i will shoot my little army guys fighting a giant spider on my desk!

230. RetiredScot21 December 4, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

I will be shooting a baby session with my newborn (Hope)who is a week old. Hoping to create some unique shots!

231. Stefan December 4, 2009 at 5:26 pm #

Today was the second time in two weeks we have had blue sky so I'm going to go shoot the film festival going on here. I also got new equipment, so it's even better.

232. Sbalani December 4, 2009 at 5:44 pm #

Well I dont know what and if I'm going to be able to shoot today ,I work on Saturdays :( But theres a photography exhibition later I want to attend and today's photochallenge.org is faces so I'm hoping something will be shot! Otherwise tomorrow I'm off to a cementery! :D

233. Anonymous December 4, 2009 at 6:25 pm #

im going to shoot some lifestyle in the wunderful city of MPLS with my friends cant get better than that 32º out wahoo.

Ben Colvin

234. Amy December 4, 2009 at 6:58 pm #

Shooting people at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort b/c it's my job! :D

235. dialachineduphotography December 4, 2009 at 7:00 pm #

Hi Chase,
    This weekend, I'm finishing up shooting my video entry for the nikonfestival contest. I never knew shooting a video was this hectic cos you need all the actors and actresses to be on time and its very sad that the people i work with are not even half as motivated as me…Last weekend, I was forced to yell at some of my friends who were not serious about the video even tho they were Art majors in college and I am a chemistry major…Normally, I would expect them to be more interested but that was not the case…I just hope they get serious this weekend cos the video is almost done…I've put in a lot of work…its draining but I wish for the best in the end

Thats what I'm shooting this weekend

236. Alissa December 4, 2009 at 7:26 pm #

I am gonna shoot trolls this weekend! Yes, trolls! Some product photog with fog, moonlight simulation, storm drains, the whole deal. They have glass eyes so I am looking forward to some crazy reflections!

237. tom December 4, 2009 at 7:41 pm #

I shot some skaters, one of them has a T-shirt line kicking off. Fun group!

238. Simon F December 4, 2009 at 7:59 pm #

Tomorrow I'll be helping to move my mum & dad into a retirement unit so I'd like to take some nice images of them in the last 'house' they will know… in between moving furniture

239. Plumchutney December 4, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

kids ballet rehearsal – age 4 and 6. One in summer dress, the other is a butterfly- cute :) High ISO and off camera flash is the order of the day!

240. Michael Hurcomb December 4, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

I'm going to shoot Weezer.

241. TeeWebb December 4, 2009 at 8:53 pm #

Just missed my little towns Holiday-madness, mightnight madness inspired night. But we've got snow being called for all weekend and a foot of it all ready on the ground, found a beautifully decorated church door I want to shoot, an outdoor theatre park gazeebo and some lit up water falls. I love shooting at night in winter, its so quiet, pristine and gentle. Tomorrow it is! Thanks for the nudge!

242. Bendy December 4, 2009 at 9:08 pm #

The family's Christmas portrait w/ DH inspired, starving-student light kit…the same kit that has been my favorite learning tool since 2006. One stand, one sb, one umbrella, two beautiful little girls, one remarkably stunning wife, one noble beast of a dog, and one guy who looks better when he's not in front of the lens. Happy Holidays!

243. ksnapspics December 4, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

cattle!

244. avbowler December 4, 2009 at 9:11 pm #

Hi all, I am going to shoot the LA Auto Show. Probably cars and Lots of people.

245. spencer December 4, 2009 at 9:56 pm #

Was a second shooter at a wedding today. Went to a planning meeting for Help-Portrait in PDX. I am helping a friend learn her new D90 tomorrow.

Spencer

246. Squid Vicious December 4, 2009 at 10:46 pm #

today/tomorrow i take photo's of 600+ santa's drunk and creating crazyness in Portland Oregon.

247. ThoSo December 4, 2009 at 11:01 pm #

It is raining here at the German/Belgium border. And I am planning to experiment with raindrops and water puddles. Later the day I will take a train further East. You never what is going to happen on such a trip. And there is this chrismas market I am going to visit. It will certainly offer a lot of opportunities for a good shot.

248. Thomas December 4, 2009 at 11:02 pm #

Gonna see if I can snag some wildlife shots on my girlfriends iPhone. Lost all my gear recently in a fire, so I am totally excited about using the new iPhone app to still be creative and active.

249. Michael Carney December 4, 2009 at 11:04 pm #

I'm gonna shoot a short film for the Nikon contest – I've been putting it off and the deadline is getting close – time to act.

250. Andrei December 4, 2009 at 11:37 pm #

I got the shot I mentioned earlier. Here it is.

251. Tommy R December 5, 2009 at 12:19 am #

I'm shooting a Family christmas card. Classic studioshot.

252. Darrell December 5, 2009 at 1:15 am #

I'm on duty this weekend as a coroner's investigator in the S.F. Bay Area, so I'll be snapping scene photos of dead folks. Hey, someone's gotta do it – at least I do it with a little flare and off camera flash baby!

253. David December 5, 2009 at 1:49 am #

there are already a lot of responses…but i'm adding anyway.

saturday night i am shooting the parade float for my church, then when its over the commiunity is invited to get free santa pictures on the float. so i will be shooting santa and wirey little kids!

254. Gavin Jowitt - Sydney Photographer December 5, 2009 at 3:54 am #

I have a reinforced concrete wall two hours south of Sydney to photograph for a construction company. And as always, I get strangely excited at the prospect spending an afternoon turning a slab of concrete into something special!

255. Stuart Webster December 5, 2009 at 4:13 am #

I'm going to shoot my beautiful daughter Mia (2) with my iPhone. I don't know what we're doing or where we will go but it will be fun.

256. Eike Logé December 5, 2009 at 4:38 am #

I´m going to shoot dogs today.

257. mpot December 5, 2009 at 5:37 am #

I got outside today, and shot a wedding in 37 degree heat!

It was a great day, with a great couple and great bridal party.

258. Óskar December 5, 2009 at 6:08 am #

i plan to shoot some nature pictures and pictures of my children.
    it is way to long since i took some pictures.

best wishes from denmark

259. Anonymous December 5, 2009 at 6:37 am #

gahh! i've had so many ideas brewing in my mind since this summer. however, i can't afford a camera yet (been saving up my babysitting money!) and my point and shoot is broken hah! thanks for the shove in the right direction, little motivation takes me a long ways.

Meredith

260. Julian Love December 5, 2009 at 7:54 am #

I'm going to shoot portraits of my friends with my new (to me) 20 year old hasselblad! Old skool.

261. Liquid Fla December 5, 2009 at 8:00 am #

Thanks for the motivation I'm going out to shoot today.

262. DerekBrad December 5, 2009 at 8:20 am #

I will be shooting bands this weekend as usual. I love it I can still feel the excitement before every show even after all this time.

263. mat g. December 5, 2009 at 8:25 am #

today, i'm going to shoot a portrait of my four daughters for our seasonal Christmas card. it should be a hoot!

264. Clark Lara Photography December 5, 2009 at 8:30 am #

In Houston, I am shooting an engagement session in the abnormally cold weather. Should be interesting.

265. Cory B December 5, 2009 at 8:36 am #

Saturday afternoon, Arlington National Cemetary in the first snowfall of the year.

266. Drew December 5, 2009 at 9:13 am #

Shooting Ghostland Observatory tonight to check out the D3s.

267. ashley dzingle December 5, 2009 at 9:25 am #

Shooting a winter wedding this afternoon. First snowfall, should make for some beautiful pictures!

268. Ulmer Studios December 5, 2009 at 9:31 am #

I am shooting with film & digital today, our first Christmas decorating of the tree with our lil 9mnth old girl! It's going to be awesome to have a child now with xmas!

-Josh

269. Jeff Scholl December 5, 2009 at 9:42 am #

Put a night kit on the helicam and am shooting the christmas tree lights from outside the window at ISO 6400 on the 5DmkII.

Cheers,
    Jeff

270. edward December 5, 2009 at 9:57 am #

@Brian
    I'm also in Houston and was actually planing on going out an doing some macro stuff with the snow
    boy was I surprised to click over from my email to post a comment and see that the very first one had already snatched my subject!

if anybody is interested in the snow related antics during the day at a local high school I have pictures on my facebook fanpage… just thought any other Houstonians out there might get a kick out of them (I'm a yearbook photographer)

271. Sean Mahoney December 5, 2009 at 10:13 am #

This weekend I'm figuring out how to use my first set of studio lights. Hopefully it goes well since I was asked to take portraits of all staff members in my department next week for our website… ;)

272. Paul Pratt December 5, 2009 at 10:26 am #

We are shooting a couple in the Mission District in San Francisco. We still only shoot for free and this is our first couple, fun times! We're doing it One Light style again.

273. Louis Jiran December 5, 2009 at 10:47 am #

Hello all, today I'm going to sit in my chair and watch the Gator game with a big plate of chicken-wing's in my lap!! Tomorrow, I'm going to take a new Christmas card photo of me, my wife Kris and our two dog's "Sadie and Lucky dog."
    God bless and Merry Christmas!!!!

Louis

274. davidanthonyart December 5, 2009 at 11:03 am #

I just came back from shooting at the beach. Nature and landscape stuff today.

David Anthony Art Blog

275. Lynn December 5, 2009 at 11:21 am #

Wheee! Look at everybody go! @Adventure Photographic, I'd love to see that portrait :) I'm shooting a half-cut cornfield in fresh snow, a bog, playing with light set-ups for a portrait shoot next week, and will probably snap the Beagle out in the snow, too.

276. Justin Kosman December 5, 2009 at 11:27 am #

Going to shoot some BMX in San Diego before the week of rain!
    Justinkosman.com

277. Morgana Creely December 5, 2009 at 1:16 pm #

The local regional dog show, and then this year's Christmas Card involving dolls and broken Christmas Decorations. :)

278. JG Stott December 5, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

Shooting at the local Winter Holiday Parade tonight- maybe a few shots end up in the local paper. We will see. Always fun to shoot the lights at night though.

279. PJ December 5, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

Today – Christmas photo for friends family. Consisting of a 1 yr old, a 2 yr old, and a 4 yr old. It was interesting to say the lease. Tomorrow – Not sure yet, but hopefully something fun.

280. Robert December 5, 2009 at 1:48 pm #

I'll be shooting in the ghetto's of Detroit. Camera, check! Bullet proof vest, check! Bringing the dog too.

281. matt December 5, 2009 at 2:03 pm #

Hopefully doing some shooting in the GreenBean coffee hose in Seattle as a continuation of my Greenwood community restoration project.

282. jeremy earl December 5, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

food food food! tommorrow i'll be shooting some fun food photos for my port, only the best quality stuff $9.24 cents can buy at my local grocers :-) , but food photography is my dream and passion, so that what i do for my favorite client…me.

283. Ben Faul December 5, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

I'm doing a photo shoot with some of my friends before our annual Christmas Banquet here at college!

284. Dylan December 5, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

Just finished shooting 50 kids at an orphanage as a part of the Help-Portrait project (early I know, but next week was a no-go)… and today I'm out to bust off a couple of rolls of black and white in the streets near my home, and visit one of the small backstreet markets in Seoul on a roll of slides. Then I might take the subway for a bit and do a few stations in my part of covering the Seoul Subway, the book is coming next year! This should be a great day!

285. MPM December 5, 2009 at 9:27 pm #

I'm going to shoot the Amish.

286. Black English December 5, 2009 at 11:56 pm #

I will be shooting our first ever family Christmas cards.

287. joegarai December 5, 2009 at 11:58 pm #

I do not know what, but I'll take pictures.

288. Mark Taylor December 6, 2009 at 12:37 am #

I'm off to shoot a commercial campaign at a gym in London and then (because I may have some spare time) I'm going to shoot some long exposures of the London skyline by the Thames. Can't wait.. for either!

289. Francesco December 6, 2009 at 5:06 am #

shot in and around Killarney, Ireland, in the rainiest weather I'd seen in a while :-)

290. Lisa December 6, 2009 at 6:52 am #

Tomorrow I'm taking my wide-angle to a local junkyard. Smashed cars and auto parts galore. Sometimes, one man's garbage is another woman's photographic inspiration.

291. Brad C December 6, 2009 at 10:42 am #

Looking to get some shots of my wife and kids in black and white, square format and try to create the feel of my old family photos…

292. Rick Bradbury December 6, 2009 at 11:19 am #

I shot some studio portraits this weekend, with some fellow photog's.. great fun and I really enjoy studio work. Learning all the time.

shots on flickr

Thank you Chase and team for your work in the photography community.

Rick

293. Mark Dunlap Photography December 6, 2009 at 7:13 pm #

Today I'm editing the results of a model shoot from yesterday I finally pulled off after weeks of trying to set it up. Felt good to get through another shoot, although nerve wracking putting myself out there to manage such an event. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and stretch myself.

294. pepperperfect December 6, 2009 at 8:59 pm #

I'm planning to shoot a sports bike doing a wheelie on a highway while 25 feet in front of it laying down in the back of a pickup with remotely triggered lights on either side of the bike coming from assistants in cars.

295. Anonymous December 6, 2009 at 11:12 pm #

dfawefawe
    http://www.discount-uggs.net/ ugg outlet
    http://www.discount-uggs.net/ ugg boots on sale
    http://www.discount-uggs.net/ ugg boots for sale
    http://www.discount-uggs.net/ discount ugg boots

296. arild December 7, 2009 at 5:41 am #

I will time lapse the sunrise in London sometime soon.

297. point357 December 7, 2009 at 6:08 am #

Had an idea at the weekend for a series of images illustrating the songs on one of my favourite classic albums. Looking for a cheap straitjacket right now so I can get started.

298. cwbates December 7, 2009 at 7:58 am #

It's -30 Celsius here in Central Alberta, Canada. So instead of staying inside I will go out and capture some images of the ice fog in the area. Not sure how long the camera batteries will last!! Or my fingers for that matter.

299. Jason Lindsey December 7, 2009 at 9:45 am #

to be shooting an ad campaign photojournalism style in New York City this week.

300. Michael Plaxico December 7, 2009 at 9:50 am #

I'll likely practice using my monolights this evening by shooting a series of self portraits in my living room.

–Michael

301. Kelvin December 7, 2009 at 11:14 am #

Blue Water Spring, Florida; done..

302. txtmebaby December 7, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

It's been raining off and on for the past couple of days here in Central Florida. I'm going to grab the pinhole camera that I made and photograph familiar scenes in the yard while everything is still wet and dreary looking.
    -A

303. Lindsay December 7, 2009 at 2:51 pm #

holy mac … saw this in my ebox this am and thought, well, later …. here it is later and wow, I gotta say it's mighty impressive what you all are up to … !!!!

me? well, HAD to do OTHER 'stuff' today, as in 'taking care of business', but SOON I hope to 'out and about' with zee lens …

I HAVE to shoot some stuff for 'work', and I WANT to shoot other for 'fun'. This see-saw balancing act is NEVER-ENDING … but SURELY that IS the Life to Live!

Best to you –
    Lindsay

304. Anonymous December 7, 2009 at 4:14 pm #

My puppies as a Xmas present for my fiance :)

305. Steven December 7, 2009 at 8:12 pm #

Head photographer for my high school's yearbook and have been mixing it up quite unconventionally this year. Tomorrow I'm doing a photoshoot in my make-shift studio with all the captains of the Fall Sports having them do poses people usually never see these big, beefy football players, or shy runners ever do. Should be alot of fun and happy to have some break out of their shells.

306. edward December 7, 2009 at 8:14 pm #

YEAH YEAH!!!
    high school yearbook photographers… represent!!!!

307. Peter Mahar December 7, 2009 at 10:26 pm #

Hey Chase, tomorrow I am going to be doing some shots for a hair salon and clothing designer. Also working with some interesting story concepts. http://www.flickr.com/photos/8666976@N06/4085428018/

308. runes of magic gold December 8, 2009 at 6:15 am #

The huge Perfect World Money problem for everyone Perfectworld Gold (and this is never going to go away) Perfect World Coins is getting Buy Perfect World Gold featured somehow – by Apple, in Blogs/reviews Cheap Perfect World Gold, cross-promotion etc. Our current Perfect World Coins success is due to being Perfect World gold featured as an Apple Staff Favorite. All I can say to developers is keep the quality of your App really high so that pw Coins your App is perceived as high value, and PW gold people will recognise this. Apple/bloggers/reviewers will recognise it and give you good reviews, and Purchasers will Buy Perfect World Coins recognise it and part with their hard Perfect World Coins earned cash.
    In fact, tell us all in the Perfect World gold comments below what pw Coins you're going to shoot today or tomorrow or this weekend. Don't be worried that someone's gonna copy PW gold you, because it won't happen. If you're doing it right nobody CAN copy you.
    I'll tell you right now, in 10 minutes I'm going to begin shooting Buy Perfect World Coins a music video and some Perfect World Money stills today PerfectWorld Gold for Head Like A Kite.
    But what are you going to Cheap Perfect World Gold do? Who's got the huevos to tell us all? (Trust me this is for you, not somebody else. Just engaging your brain Perfect World Coins and writing the words is half the battle.)

309. taylor hammond December 8, 2009 at 7:16 am #

this weekend i went out on a lake south of Atlanta, and got some grate pictures of fishermen and the scenery. It was beautiful!

310. wolfeimages December 8, 2009 at 9:03 am #

I'll photographing models[the plastic kind]Mostly 1/48 scale WWII aircraft. I'll be using two Nikon flashes shooting through umbrellas fired wirelessly from my D300.

311. Matias Mere December 8, 2009 at 9:12 am #

I'm shoot a engagament session in abandoned village (A PLAN) or night session in the city (B PLAN).

Matias

312. Hamish Gowans December 8, 2009 at 10:51 am #

Snow down to 800' around San Fran. Tele shots of Golden Gate behind frosty trees?

313. Sweatshop Boutique December 8, 2009 at 11:52 am #

Hey ive just discovered your site for my own eyes! Really really cool mate. This weekend im very privileged to be testing with MUA Gemma Sutton & Designer Paulina Palian, still trying to sort out models which is pretty stressful but im certainly not complaining!

314. Jonathan December 8, 2009 at 2:22 pm #

Well to be honest, I don't see myself shooting anything today, work till 6pm and I don't even have my SLR. BUT if i MUST shoot something mr jarvis, I'll set up a sp of me skating as soon as i get in. Does make one realize how easy it is to not shoot for a day.

315. Spencer December 8, 2009 at 6:39 pm #

Today was last Sunday for me… I had a great time photographing a great cause – a Girls on the Run event:

316. bsmnsr December 8, 2009 at 9:43 pm #

I shot some best camera photos at the Kuwait Towers.

317. ...number88 December 9, 2009 at 5:05 am #

Putting some thoughts together for a shoot with my heavily pregnant (with twins) wife.

318. deo studios December 9, 2009 at 4:42 pm #

Taking my new D3s for a spin downtown vancouver

319. rock'n'roll photographer December 10, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

I shall be shooting with a young lasy in the style of Beyonces' Single Ladies video.

320. Atlantica Gold December 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm #

In the game, the Atlantica online Gold is important, there are many players need the Atlantica Gold, so sometimes if somebody want to send something, I often told them I need buy Atlantica online Gold, so now my friends often give their more cheap Atlantica online Gold for me, so now in the game I already had enough Atlantica online money.

321. Jared December 10, 2009 at 7:50 pm #

I shot and filmed snowboarding in my backyard on a box that we set up and it was everything that I wanted it to be. =)

322. batterycentury December 11, 2009 at 1:23 am #

I will shoot some photos with my family, happy time.

323. Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 1:57 am #

Do you know what is the most popular shoes in this year ? ugg boots Popular Superior Quality comfortable: cheap shoes the pure sheepskin, which is extremely dense Air Max,soft and comfortable. We ensure that you will feel great from the moment your bare foot tries it on. Real sheepskin breathes naturally,wicking away moisture, and allowing ugg cardyair to circulate freely, keeping feet dry,wholesale shoes like the naturally thermostatic thus keeping Nike Air Jordan Shoesbare feet close to your natural body temperature regardless of the temperature outside.

324. Carol @ Carol Lundeen Photography, Boston December 11, 2009 at 6:01 am #

Great challenge, Chase. One isn't a photographer unless one creates photographs. I'm going to see what my creative cats are up to today, as it's 20 degrees out and windy as heck.

325. Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 10:05 pm #

You should know ffxi gil, or ff11 gil if you play this game. I can say so: each gamer want to Buy FFXI Gil to promote their character level easily, more ffxi gil for sale and Final Fantasy XI gil sell they own, more items they can buy in game. While we provide you Cheap ffxi gil, surely you can get them at cheap prices.

326. nintendo dsi r4 December 12, 2009 at 1:00 am #

Today its my daughter's first birthday. So i am going to shot all the movements of her enjoyment. I dont want to miss any single movement.

327. Karl December 15, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

This weekend I will be shooting some personal work on eating disorders. Originally it was suppose to be a commercial, though the idea was scrapped and I had great ideas for it. So just off the top of my head, this weekend I want to resolve to find a way to re-create the ideas I had for it..using myself

328. Anonymous December 18, 2009 at 12:59 pm #

I plan to head up to snoqualmie (summit west) and take some snowboard pictures of my friends! i just got the nikon D90 and the SB-600 so i cant wait to go experiment with that combonation!

329. Anonymous January 25, 2010 at 11:08 pm #

Does the aion kinah that you have enough? In the game, the more aion online kinah you have, the better to you. So we also hit many enemies to get aion gold, but the buy aion kina are too difficult to get, so sometimes we need to cheap aion kina, is not this a simple and direct way?

330. karos online carat January 28, 2010 at 1:05 am #

karos online is perfect to people who like to play the game very much.karos gold is attractive for players, many players ,especially to some beginners, do not know how to get the karos online gold. Here, the methods is effective, that is to buy karos gold, when you have the gold, you can use the karos carat to beat the little monster. So karos online carat is as important as gold.

331. birdlime February 1, 2010 at 12:00 pm #

i've been dying to get out to the airstream ranch in dover fl.. here is a quick capture.

332. Anonymous March 23, 2010 at 9:55 pm #

Do you knowRunescape Gold?if you play the online game,you will knowrs goldis the game gold. In the game,if you had moreBuy Runescape Gold,you will had a tall level. But if you want toCheap runescape Gold,you can come here and spend a little money to boughtRS 2 Gold.

333. Danie Nel June 14, 2010 at 3:49 am #

I’m not gonna shoot something different per se – but today I’m constructing a utility stand out of mortar, a paint bucket and left over junk. I love making junk useful in my studio. I’ve been dying to try it. Now I’m gonna do it.

334. Tommy Freudenberg November 18, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

Thank you for sharing some of the info.

335. Lemuel Graetz September 21, 2014 at 3:51 pm #

Good day Stephen Elliot. I just got a letter dated 1/19/12 from Lorelie Lee in an envelope from you. I have no idea whatsoever how I got on your list. But I’ll write Lorelie again (a real letter, even), because it was pretty fucking brave of her to write that.

336. Alica Zieske October 2, 2014 at 11:04 am #

A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you ought to write more on this subject, it may not be a taboo matter but typically people don’t speak about such subjects. To the next! All the best!!

337. basics October 3, 2014 at 7:46 am #

Understand which kind of gems prior to a jewellery acquire.You’ll find about three unique different kinds of ,tiffany jewellery cheap,boulders: imitation, imitation and pretend. tiffany jewellery are exact jewels, however counterfeit is merely throwaway colorful to go looking similar to the the real guy. All-natural gemstones are merely underground and artificial other jewels happen to be harvested within a clinical.Go on a extremely critical look around the chunk appeals to you, then stuff it adjacent to additional pieces you are interested in. Be cautious about methods that various sellers use to manufacture a gem glance more desirable.

338. Sherrie Vellekamp October 16, 2014 at 12:11 pm #

Man this is so informative, I love reading about health. Loved the tip riley just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. God knows I’ve tried! I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

339. cash for gold melbourne October 18, 2014 at 2:09 am #

I used to be recommended this internet site by my cousin. I’m no longer positive whether this put up is written by way of him as no 1 else realize such precise approximately my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

340. pintu kayu kaka October 20, 2014 at 11:25 am #

I happen to be writing to make you know what a wonderful discovery our girl enjoyed browsing your web site. She even learned plenty of issues, not to mention how it is like to have an incredible giving spirit to let other individuals effortlessly thoroughly grasp specific impossible things. You actually exceeded our own expected results. Thanks for supplying the priceless, trusted, explanatory and unique tips about the topic to Julie.