Live Broadcast of Our Photoshoot Tomorrow (Friday!)

Yep. You read that headline correctly. We’re broadcasting our upcoming photo gig LIVE from our Seattle studio via the ol’ internet on Friday, January 29 from 10am to 6pm (PST, which is GMT -8). This is tomorrow for most of you, but today for some! This is a total experiment, but we need your help. Please read on.

The nuts and bolts: we’re shooting the album cover and promo materials for a great alt country/punk band called Brent Amaker and the Rodeo. Expect 5 men in all black; 3 beautiful, scantily/sex-ily dressed ladies; in a country-punk meets modern studio set. Very free form. Very experimental. There is no “client”. This is a collaboration.

How do you tune in to this new Chase Jarvis LIVE thingie? It’s easy. Just go to this url: www.chasejarvis.com/live at any time during the hours specified above.

From there, you’ll be able to watch the live stream from the studio. You’ll be able to see and hear the entire thing, soup to nuts. Watch the set building, the styling, the shooting, the digital asset management, the gear, you’ll even get to join us for lunch and some afternoon cocktails. And it’s totally interactive. You’ll be able to ask questions of anybody and everybody on set–all 20 of us–via twitter (@chasejarvis) and a live chat embedded in the url above. And please use hashtag #cjlive.

There’s even — you guessed it — a…

…break midday where the band will perform a short set, just to whet your palette and keep the mood light.

The qualifier: this is in BETA. Scratch that, uber-BETA. And this is where we need your help. We need your participation. We think it might break, we think it could rock, we think it could be really interesting, but in order for us to find out the answers to these questions, we need your eyeballs, keystrokes, and your network of friends. We want you to ask questions via twitter and the chat. We want you to tell you friends to tune in and help us test out this concept. If it breaks or sucks, you’ll have helped us. If it’s a out of the box success (we doubt it), you’ll have been there first.

Here’s the rough schedule:
**all times are Pacific Standard Time, Seattle (GMT -8), everything is subject to change and probably will….

10:00am – 12:00noon Set building, talent styling, gear rundown

12:00noon – 3:00pm Full shooting mode, lots of options, experimenting

3:00 – 3:30pm Brent Amaker and the Rodeo perform a short set, cocktails

4:00 – 5:00pm Miscellaneous additional shooting, interviews

5:00 – 6:00pm Set strike/breakdown, interviews

6:00pm Off the air

Here’s our the band:

You’ll have to tune tomorrow in to see the rest of the beautiful talent ;) Hope to see your tweets and questions in the chat tomorrow!

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

82 Responses to Live Broadcast of Our Photoshoot Tomorrow (Friday!)

1. Michael Mirenda January 28, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

I can't wait. But for everyone that won't be able to view this or if something goes wrong and the live feed will there be a recorded version we can watch?

2. andrew oliveros January 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Very cool idea! Looks like I won't be getting much done tomorrow.

3. Styrmir Kári January 28, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

This might just be the best idea ever… I'm so gonna tune in! Or it might be the worst… but I'm still gonna tune in :)

4. tomsimone99 January 28, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

I'll be tuning in from the UK,can't wait, but like another guy said, will you be archiving any of it?

5. Spencer January 28, 2010 at 3:08 pm #

Awesome, I'll be sure to tune in! It'll be great to see how another photographer works.

I've always wondered if high end photographers scream "take it off or you wont get paid!" at their models and clients. Because that never works for me.

6. Brent Amaker and the Rodeo January 28, 2010 at 3:09 pm #

Brent Amaker here. Hell yes!! Chase is shooting our album cover and you can watch it live. I think we're playing some music while we're there. This sh#t is gonna be fun!

7. fotogenique January 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

Excellent, what an idea – I'm in!

8. Foot January 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

Brilliant! I'll be watching when my classes aren't getting in the way.

9. brook & dave January 28, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

YES! I can't wait. good times!

10. icedsoul January 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

funny enough I did that a few times via ustream, but I dont have an audience like you so I am very excited that you do that. can't belive no one else has done this before. very cool.

11. gary January 28, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

by the way, "uber beta" is called "alpha"

12. Tim.M. January 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm #

Does anyone know if i am going to need to update my flashplayer to view this? I havent in a while, please email me at maestas.ta@gmail.com if you know :)

13. Bruce Weber January 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

Any chance of attending in person?

14. Freddy January 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

My head is going to explode, this is awesome, I hope it holds up to traffic.
    I'm in!

15. Cathy Vu January 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

Wow! It'll feel like I'm at the shoot!

16. Cathy Vu January 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

Wow! It'll feel like I'm at the shoot!

17. andresjb.com January 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm #

Can´t wait to see it!!! It would be even cooler to be in it, hopefully one day!!

18. Aaron January 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm #

Chase,

Looking forward to it.

If you and your crew need some technical advise or help, check out the guys at SHOW Studio. They do this weekly and have the technical stuff down.

and here:

19. Nicholas Monaco January 28, 2010 at 6:49 pm #

Wow, like apple, always a couple steps ahead of the game. Very Cool! I wish I could watch, but I will be working. Can you get feeds from the iphone? Is there going to be a repost after the live feed?

20. Mer Phillips January 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm #

love it! ill rush home to catch what I can tomorrow:)

21. David Peacock January 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm #

This is a really, really, really cool idea. I can't wait to see how it pans out! :-)

22. rv January 28, 2010 at 7:09 pm #

CHASE! Great idea, but you really should use ustream for that! It handles easily more than 10 000 visitors, they have great chat and best of all, they record the whole thing for those who missed it.

Get it as quickly as possible, it's free: http://www.ustream.tv/

In that way you can be sure it'll work out of the box!

23. FOOSE January 28, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

Hey Chase, really looking forward to this. any chance in the future we can have this streaming in HTML5? so all of us iPhone/iPad user can watch this on the go?

Thanks

24. almostinfamous January 28, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

hey excellent idea, chase & co!

i have set my timers to synchronize and though it's a late night here, i intend to follow you for the most part, though i am also wondering if this would be archived for those poor souls who are in the wrong timezone :)

25. wade January 28, 2010 at 7:49 pm #

I'll be watching and so will my class!

26. Phat Baby Photographer January 28, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

Echo others in that I'd be interested in a youtube since I'm otherwise occupied.

27. Ken Cavanagh January 28, 2010 at 8:24 pm #

Chase…your the Gary Vaynerchuk of the photo biz! Cool idea.

28. Rachel January 28, 2010 at 8:26 pm #

T_T Really, school?!?! You're going to keep me from seeing this! Argh…

29. SirRodSpode January 29, 2010 at 1:09 am #

This is fantastic. I'm really looking forward to it. I won't be surprised if it breaks though – I think it's going to be 10x more popular than you think.

30. David January 29, 2010 at 4:21 am #

oh, man, this would be totally awesome, except I've gotta go to an engagement party! Stinkin' friends and their getting married and things!!

Can someone record the stream and torrent it to me or something? x-D

I assume that you will be doing this again in the future? You had best, or I will be saddened!

31. Tyler Austin January 29, 2010 at 6:28 am #

leave it to Chase to come out with such a marvelous idea. This is such a great opportunity for not only amateurs, but professionals as well! Way to stand out once again!

32. jeroennieuwhuis January 29, 2010 at 7:00 am #

Great idea!

33. Dimi Arhontidis January 29, 2010 at 7:16 am #

Brilliant Idea. Its nice to see someone at your level not being afraid of sharing with the community. Will be watching!

34. Brent Amaker and the Rodeo January 29, 2010 at 7:25 am #

I'm up and ready to go! I'll have some furniture to the studio at 8:30 AM for set design. Can't wait to get going.

35. Bruno Ázera January 29, 2010 at 7:30 am #

Great idea! I'm in!

36. Xsightn Photography January 29, 2010 at 7:58 am #

Been online now for about 4 hours waiting for the show to get started. Am a Nigerian Wedding photographer based in Lagos.

37. Jeremy January 29, 2010 at 7:58 am #

Very Cool… I am canceling all my meetings for today!

38. Samuel January 29, 2010 at 8:16 am #

Chase,congratulations for the idea!!!
    I´m going to be online during the entire photoshoot;)

Does anyone know if Chase is going to do any video about this photoshoot and this "experience"? It would be interesting to see all the work "behind the cene" of this "live transmission"!!

39. Anonymous January 29, 2010 at 10:19 am #

You made the top trending list in Seattle via Twitter. However, your stream keeps crashing on me…

40. John Caetano January 29, 2010 at 10:37 am #

Chase, you have to PLEASE have this recorded to view at a later time, my Job's firewall is blocking it :(

41. John Hildebrand Photography January 29, 2010 at 11:30 am #

it would never play black screen only

42. cdelphine January 29, 2010 at 12:20 pm #

phooey, my internet is way too crappy to watch this. I guess I'll just have to wait for follow-up posts

43. Amanda Manfredi January 29, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

Bummer, I was excited to see this, but only got a black screen…

44. Stephen January 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

I'm watching it right now. Thank you SO much for doing this. It's really awesome to see your studio in action.

45. Prentice January 29, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

Will this video be posted somewhere? I missed the beginning!

46. Anthony Rudick January 29, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

post the video online please. I missed it and would like to see it!!!

47. Ghyslain January 29, 2010 at 5:49 pm #

Awesome, man!! Thanks for sharing! It is very much appreciated!!!

48. johny January 29, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

Upgrade that isight to this…

49. rv January 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

That was really cool what you did, Man! Thanks!! I've been watching the whole thing and it felt like a minute.

50. Wasabi Peas January 29, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

Add another to the list of names that would love to see an archive of this. Was at work so could not watch live. Thanks for sharing, Chase!

51. Elijah Corliss January 29, 2010 at 7:04 pm #

Absolutely great experience. Watched the whole LIVE shoot from start to finish. Couldn't pull myself away from it! Hope there will be another one.

52. Martin January 29, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

Chase, this was fantastic. Thanks for sharing this with us wannabes. Great work!

53. Dave Keating Photography January 29, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

That was great Chase. I got to watch almost the entire thing today. Learned a lot, thanks for sharing. Look forward to future streams.

Dave

54. Matt January 29, 2010 at 10:41 pm #

That was incredible, Chase! I can't thank you (and your staff!) enough for sharing the experience with the world. I know there are many pros out there who guard their "secrets," but you keep breaking down the barriers, and now have shown EVERYTHING with this broadcast. You even let us take part in the process via the chat and Twitter! Mad respect to you and your crew!!! Can't wait to see what comes next!

55. Kayhan January 30, 2010 at 2:28 am #

Thanks so much for doing this Chase, I watched the second half of it. It was invaluable to watch you doing your job. Thank you very much and keep up the good work

56. Mauricio Matos January 30, 2010 at 2:50 am #

Great opportunity to see you in action. Loved it.

57. kargy January 30, 2010 at 3:46 am #

This was great to see! I was only able to see part of the broadcast. Will this be posted as a complete video? I would love to see the whole shoot.

58. Scott MacKenzie January 30, 2010 at 5:44 am #

My favorite author, Hunter S Thompson said he "actually failed" at Gonzo Journalism because his concept did not actually successfully translate well enough.
    This project DID.
    Groundbreaking in more ways than we know!

59. brandt abner January 30, 2010 at 5:49 am #

Thanks Chase, a true "private" lesson!

Better than a whole semester at school…

60. Jon c January 30, 2010 at 10:10 am #

Thanks again Chase for giving back to the community. Much respect.

Posted some of my own personal take-away on my blog.

61. Scott MacKenzie January 30, 2010 at 12:00 pm #

Funny–I keep hitting the Live link in case something is happening. LOL.

62. this is kj January 30, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

chase a question here! with tedious preparations.. do you still need a lot of DI from PS or just minimal touch ups?

63. Lisa Love January 30, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

Thanks for doing the shoot in realtime…..I loved watching~n~learning!

64. Alexa January 31, 2010 at 11:13 am #

Chase-
    Noticed you made Seattle's top feed on Twitter for about 10 minutes. Congratz!!!! Unfortunately,I had no live feed on my end even when refreshing. Hope to see the next live shoot.
    Also, is this "live" software and interface going to be available for anyone to apply to their sites?
    I've done live shoots for the past year via BlogTV, but I love the Twitter feed on this. VERY COOL!

65. Douwe January 31, 2010 at 11:40 am #

thanks a lot chase! that was even more informative than you might realize. it's like a those instructional dvd's. but with live feedback. it's nuts!
    it was great that you had the time to answer a couple questions (including one of my own).
    i think you got something unique going on here. hope to see more of this!

66. Karen Johnson January 31, 2010 at 5:31 pm #

Chiming in here to thank you for the live feed. I didn't get much done on Friday because I was so interested in your photo shoot. I don't get much of a chance to attend workshops mainly because of lack of funds so I truly appreciated being able to see how a professional works. Thanks so much!

67. Daniel Bird February 1, 2010 at 10:14 pm #

I hope you recorded this Chase… I didn't get to watch it live… I'd love to see a recording though…???

68. jaycaruso February 2, 2010 at 10:03 am #

Man…I didn't get chance to watch it because my Internet connection at work SUCKS. Hopefully it was recorded and I'll get to see it.

69. shawn chamberlin February 7, 2010 at 6:03 pm #

the webcast of your shoot sounds like a great idea. having such a great following, i'm sure there are tons of people who would love to experience a "chase jarvis" shoot. and being able to share and show how you operate is not only a great idea, its a very generous move, showing you do everything you can to contribute to the photo community. i'm sorry i missed it, but i'm sure you got a lot of viewers. is there a location to find the video? thanks chase.

70. Anthony Perez June 10, 2010 at 9:55 am #

Would of loved to see this!

71. Raymond Spaddy July 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

Hello Chase & the gang,

Please tell me there is a way to see the recorded video. Would you please email me or respond with how I can watch a recording?

Ray

72. Dee May 10, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

This is serious photography shoot I must confess.

73. Isaiah Pratley May 5, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

A lot of thanks for spending some time to talk about this certain, I must say i sense strongly about this and luxuriate in understanding read much more about this kind of topic.

74. Arnette Haubert June 28, 2012 at 3:03 am #

what can I actually do? What do I say? A little gem is going to be drastically treasured.

75. Matthew Cedano July 4, 2012 at 1:59 am #

When possible, as you attain expertise, do you brain upgrading your blog post with additional info?

76. Benny Ingalsbe July 25, 2012 at 6:28 am #

I have to appreciate the actual efforts you made written this particular post. I really hope the identical very best work by you inside the foreseeable future at the same time.

77. Thad Kreinbring August 16, 2012 at 2:25 am #

You might be therefore awesome ! My spouse and i won’t presume We’ve go via anything this way prior to. military Veterans

78. Approved comments $5 March 3, 2013 at 11:25 am #

Really very good publish. My spouse and i be taught some issue difficult on extremely different web sites every day.

79. Brazilian Waxing Zürich July 2, 2014 at 6:21 am #

I made the decision to try out this on a whim and WOW! It performs! Is it the top waxing I have ever had? No, but this was exactly what I wanted within a property wax/sugaring: simple to make, simple to do, and easy clean up. It exceeded my expectations. Also, for your acid, I employed white vinegar as opposed to lemon juice. It appeared to operate very well and didn’t smell badly. Thanks for a excellent recipe!

80. Douglass Bisonette September 22, 2014 at 2:36 am #

Got my first letter yesterday! Loved it. I feel like I am a part of something terrific that is just starting to take place. Feeling a strange feeling of community around it all. Maybe you might be on to something here! Who would have ever believed that folks would basically print out words on paper just to have it sent throughout the mail to another person’s mailbox. Next thing you know, peoe might be growing their own food and walking or riding bikes everywhere. It’ll by no means function, damn progress.

1. Please Vote for Which Photo Here is Better: A or B? | Chase Jarvis Blog - June 10, 2010

[...] when I did the original chasejarvisLIVE photo shoot way back in winter? If you recall, I was shooting the album cover image for alt/punk country band [...]

2. Which Photo Is Better: A or B ? - June 10, 2010