You Decide Who Wins $25,000

I dunno what you’ve got planned for today and over the weekend, but if you’ve got a spare 140 seconds, head over to www.NikonFestival.com and watch the 50 best 140-second video submissions that we’ve whittled down from more than 1,000 entries. There are some stunning shorts in there.

I’ll be gathering virtually with fellow judges Rainn Wilson (The Office) and Jusine Ezarik (iJustine) to try to nail down who we’re giving the grand prize of $100,000 bucks to, but…

In the meantime, I’d love to know that YOU’RE watching this weekend as well. As a reminder, there’s a $25,000 audience award where YOU decide who wins. It’s based on number of views AND number of votes each video gets. I’d love for you to weigh in. There really are some brilliant pieces that deserve the 140-second watch. Hell, you could watch all 50 vids in less than the time it takes you to watch The Hangover for the 4th time, 2 episodes of Dexter, or 3 re-runs of The Simpsons. Hope to see your comments.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

16 Responses to You Decide Who Wins $25,000

1. Joshua January 8, 2010 at 8:26 am #

Definitely going there to spend my afternoon break.
    Good luck anyone who entered – I found out too late!

2. Scott MacKenzie January 8, 2010 at 8:39 am #

Together, these would make One Unbelievable Movie! Thanks for the reminder. I feel kinda small watching these.

3. Anonymous January 8, 2010 at 9:01 am #

I would love to watch these but the lag is killin me! FAIL!

4. dcrs13 January 8, 2010 at 10:02 am #

I definitely will be watching all of the vidoes… Chsae i hope yours is one of them

5. Jeff Crist January 8, 2010 at 10:55 am #

Watched the videos on the site, great effort by everyone who entered. I put together a video for the contest but unfortunately didn't make the cut. Would love any feedback.

6. Brittaney January 8, 2010 at 11:11 am #

Thumbs up, Chase! Congrats to all the finalists! Ours is a wacky little number that we only hope makes you smile! Belefonte the poodle wants you to check him out in "Chinese Take-Off." General Chang, on the other hand…

7. olanrogers January 8, 2010 at 11:22 am #

I first heard about Chase Jarvis in my Digital Art Class at the University of Memphis from my teacher Chase Malone who is a straight shooter. But I wouldn't even of entered this contest if it was for you judging. Your a huge inspiration!
    And a straighter shooter and everyone who has entered has some Amazing shorts! Ive watched all of them and really amazing stuff!

8. Nathaniel 'Flannol' Rosa January 8, 2010 at 11:47 am #

Wow, seems pretty damn cool!

As soon as I get back from school I'm going to check this out :)

9. peterchilton January 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

Congratulations to all the finalists! There are a ton of excellent videos here. If you have time check out mine. http://bit.ly/58tem4
    Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone. Thanks Chase.

10. J.M. Harper January 8, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

It's good to know our film gets a shot at being watched by such a big audience. Doesn't happen everyday. The makers of "Jeremy" wish you, Chase, and all the finalists the best.

11. Alexis January 8, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

Hey Anonymous (11:29),
    I can't speak for everyone, but we are budding filmmakers- lots of passion, few resources! Borrowed camera, 30 dollar budget, 3 days and a cast/crew of 2 … thrilled to be included in the top fifty. Congrats to everyone who submitted- a ton of talent out there!
    Alexis (Hello World)

12. fotogenique January 9, 2010 at 3:07 am #

That a fantastic selection of videos. Glad the choice isn't mine.

13. Marie January 11, 2010 at 9:39 pm #

Loving the Nikon Festival entries.. Hopefully you enjoy my fav too!…Nikonian Rhapsody..wooooo

14. james March 19, 2010 at 3:38 am #

Chase I love your videos but they are too large. Can you make a smaller file size. Australia has relatively slow internet compared to the States.

15. Fletcher Lagunas December 22, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

Awesome info and right to the point. I don’t know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thx :)

16. Erich Montroy January 8, 2013 at 3:19 am #

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I deduce on behalf of now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I give the impression of being mail to clean updates and will natter about this website with my Facebook congregate. Chat soon!