Apple Aperture 3.0 Awesomeness

I’m usually a flag waver for artistic vision rather than gear or the tools of our craft, but this calls for an exception: just minutes ago Apple announced the much anticipated Aperture 3.0. And it’s the bomb. I’m lucky enough to have been using it for several months now.

There’s few things I think photographers will want to know about this new release. First, and most importantly, driving this software feels like you’re driving a German sports car. Aperture 3.0 has the power and grace that we’ve come to expect from Apple. Second, it’s got new features for days…

My favorites off the top of my head:

_Brushable, scalable, adjustments. Yep. They nailed it. Full selective controls on every adjustment you want.

_Video. Apple nailed this too. Aperture 3.0 has full multi-media capabilities. That’s right. Finally something that handles all those video files from your HD dSLR. Import, rate, scrub video, trim your clips. Add audio. Make a full-on MOVIE within Aperture or export to Final Cut Pro. Insanely cool. (Update: FYI it supports Nikon D300s files, D3 files, Canon 7d and 5d files, you name it, and a range of audio files from all manufactures as well.)

_Adjustment presets on import. Also seriously cool. Fast. Shoot tethered in your studio and want the photos to look sexy before the model or art director can see the RAW file? No problem. This kicks ass.

_Customizable. I’m a whiner when I can’t configure my software the way I want it. No worries, here. Fully customizable.

_Best little hidden nugget you wouldn’t know?
The skin smoothing feature is absolutely unbelievable. When we need to smooth the skin of a model, it’s usually quite a process. Now it’s so damn easy, I’ll probably even smooth my skin up before I send pictures to my mom.

For the full kahuna, check out Apple’s Aperture page here. Since I’ve been using this software for a while, I’ve got a cameo video at Apple.com that features my Songs For Eating and Drinking series. Check it out if you’ve got time today. And of course, holler at me with questions or comments. I had a blast playing with this stuff, and I’m not shy on opinions.

Aperture is available today for $200 for the full version, or $100 to upgrade, with a 30-day free trial here.

Get my every move: Follow Chase Jarvis on Twitter
Get exclusive content: Become a Fan on Facebook

Wells Fargo Subordination Requirements; How to Buy a Repo From Wells Fargo
Bank; Print this article; Headquarters.

Sanford says:

What’s up colleagues, its impressive piece of writing concerning teachingand fully explained, keep it up all the time.

This means stocks are balanced as if your fixed dollar number of each was being purchased.
How To Upgrade Airline Class With American Express.

If you’re taking pictures having a digital camera, you’re familiar
while using large size for every image after it is stripped away from.

They income their car title as well as a duplicate number of keys to the lending company in exchange for financing.

Home title loans or equity loans will also be usually for the much shorter term than mortgages, which regularly last for 20 or 30 years.
The seller must send a notice from a repossession stating that they will apply to your Illinois Secretary of State for.

ortofarm.ru says:

I don’t what you think, when I’m working within my computer and also a text message enters my phone, it’s a.

Certain conditions may cause this that occurs automatically, especially in case you typically
use wireless Internet connections. The connection could
be enabled via the Control Panel.

Every member gets a points slider after they join Weight Watchers.
With the Weight Watchers Core Plan, you are able to eat as much in the approved foods because you like
provided that you.

ortofarm.ru says:

Other accounts simply integrate your other Google information. Dictionary is a text file, which may be simply
interpreted like a library listing the password elements.

Over the life of our computers we could log thousands and thousands of hours of use and everything that we do on it can potentially
be stored onto the computer itself. Hundreds of thousands of useless files and cache files can clog up the works and make your computer run very slow
and sluggishly which can be super frustrating to anyone who just wants to get something done.

Well there is a powerful new product on the market which will make light work of all of these files and many other things including unused language and broken file extensions and throw them
all away for good which will make your computer truly run as fast as
it can again. This product is called Detox my Mac and what it does
is really get down to the heart of the slowing issue which really is
just use itself. No matter what you do or where you
go you will eventually run into this problem. So instead of stressing about how it takes forever to
do anything on your computer how about being proactive and really
taking care of it? You can do that with Detox my Mac.
It’s an instant download program after you pay their very low one time fee you will
be able to truly have the most powerful product on your computer for
the life of it.

It will allow you go through all the files on your Mac computer and it will with a sort of
intuition and get rid of everything that doesn’t belong and it will also trash anything that is slowing the computer down and
it just takes a few moments of time and then it’s over
and you can see for yourself how much faster your computer is running how much faster
you can upload or download something. It’s a singular one time fee which really does
mean one time and once you pay for it you can actually get lots of extras to go along with it like free support 24
hours a day 7 days a week. People who are friendly and knowledgeable and who will
walk you through a very easy step by step process to get your computer
working at it’s best. No matter who you are or where you
go on the internet you are sure to really enjoy
this program because it keeps your computer healthy and clean and working the best that it can. A computer is one of those things we use all the time but sometimes
neglect factoring in that they also like our houses or our
bodies need a good cleaning and so this program does just that cleaning the inside
of the computer and giving it a boost so that you
can really just go back to enjoying what you do online without the frustration or having to buy a very expensive upgrade for your Mac computer.

Instead you can try out this program for 60 days and if within those days you
do not like what it does for your computer than you can get all
of your money back which means that you can trust that what you
are getting is really what you are going to get and you will really enjoy having your computer
faster and better performing. Your computer will work better which means that you
save time and money and you can really get the most out of your computer and the time
you spend there. You will truly enjoy this program and what have you got to lose except for the
slow speeds.

If the consumer is can not repay the credit by the deadline, the
loan originator will repossess your vehicle.

You will require a ton of options since if your little one is truly anything like mine, they
will own numerous different interests and own a hard time deciding on just one.
Because she does nicely in impersonating Sakura, are you inspired
by her look. It can regularly be actually difficult to locate a
costume for a child that fits the funny bill.

We’re about the 1st day’s a auto detox diet regime. I haven’t a activity to enjoy for hours on end and i am STARVING!! I can’t accede how individuals state that they did not feel ardent bold this. I’m aswell slightly bloodless and all-a-quiver and like I said, this can be abandoned the anterior day. Practical goal a abounding abandoned or huge eater either. I am not saying complete how broadcast I wil last. On the ability for the day We are appetite myself which are not an able thing. I’ll attempt to stick advertising online though, I’m just avaricious the fact that blackout and weakness travels to carelessness or I will not choose the adeptness to manage on my own intend on Monday.

try this Out says:

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and take a look at once more here frequently.
I’m reasonably certain I will be informed plenty of new stuff right right
here! Best of luck for the following!

Hello my family member! I want to say that this post
is amazing, great written and come with almost all vital infos.
I’d like to see extra posts like this .

Welcome Steinbach! We’re so energized to welcome you on the Fruit Share relatives we know you’re going to like it!

Kiana Melito says:

This post provides clear idea designed ffor the new users of blogging, that actually how to do running a blog.

Article writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with afterward you can write if not it is complex
to write.

Good looks of helmet are important, but you should make sure that the helmet you choose, not only looks good but is also suited for the type of riding you prefer.
Typically companies allow you to cancel without penalty up until 60 days before the start of the tour, after that you may
have to forfeit any deposit you’ve put down, and if you cancel within days of the tour you may lose the entire price of the tour.
Some of the best places to take up cycling in Erie, Pennsylvania.

When someone writes an post he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her mind that how a
user can know it. Therefore that’s why this piece of writing is outstdanding.
Thanks!

weblink says:

Simply desire to say your article is as astounding. The clarity for your submit is simply spectacular and i can suppose you
are knowledgeable on this subject. Fine together with your permission let me to seize your
feed to stay updated with impending post. Thanks one million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

Actually when someοne dοesn’t understand afterward itss up to other
ѵiewers that they will help, so here it takes place.

Hye says:

I just could not go away your website before suggesting that I extremely loved
the standard information an individual supply for your guests?
Is going to be again regularly in order to inspect new posts

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up.

Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
Anyway, just wanted to say excellent blog!

One way Apple prevents this kind of buzz is by
banning developers from communicating about an app before it is in
the store. This app is built to cater to the specific needs of school students.
In fact, some evidence shows that as many as 50 per cent of i – Phone users find new apps
through recommendations of friends.

Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to
generate a very good article… but what can I say… I put things off a
lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.

raven says:

I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this website.
I am hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts from
you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to
geet my very own website now ;)

Erwin Defir says:

hello there and thank you for your information – I have certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

By knowing all this, you might want to consider getting Ford F150 Eco – Boost
the next time you purchase a truck and need powerful, safe and reliable extra duty towing
capacity and capacities. To match the F12berlinetta new body, Ferrari produced the most
powerful engine ever: the naturally aspired V12 boosting 730 horsepower performing 0-62 in 3.
The 5-speed manual transmission was replaced by a 6-speed Getrag manual
transmission.

I know this web page offers quality dependent articles or reviews and additional
information, is there any other web page which gives these kinds of things
in quality?

esportes O mundo Naruto Shippuden

Depois de conhecer o Konohamaru, neto chato e agressivo da aldeia Hokage, Naruto mostra-lo
sem piedade, bater-lhe para baixo antes de ir para fora da porta.
A criança, buscando tornar-se próxima aldeia grande mestre ninja, a quinta Hokage, torna-se seguidor do Naruto, tentando em primeiro lugar,
ficar invisível, mas seus esforços são ridiculamente insuficientes.
Ele rapidamente aprende a respeitar o Naruto mais velho e um pouco mais sábio, decidir que ele deve se
tornar um aluno da pós-graduação novo.

Somos então apresentados para obter informações sobre a fonte de energia do ninja, uma substância que Naruto identifica incorretamente como Charréu, significa tigre marrom.

O jovem estudante é confuso, prevê um grande gato marrom, em
seguida, corrige seu mestre, revelando que a palavra
é na verdade o chakra. Naruto cobre seu erro, contando-se o garoto para “calar a boca. Ninjas boas chamam Charréu.” Então aprendemos que
o Chakra é a energia que você usar para executar uma
técnica. É o corpo e o espírito de energia que pode se acumular através de
experiência e treinamento. Quando você misturar, formação e experiência,
um selo é formado e a técnica pode ser executada. Foi Konohamaru quem citou isso ao seu professor recém-encontrada,
Naruto sendo familiarizado com a definição real, apesar de seu uso, suas habilidades eram muito avançadas.

Dado este conhecimento, os dois jovens estudantes embarcam em um exercício de treinamento,
Naruto, ensinando sua carga muito jovem, a técnica de bobo e sexy “tentação”.
O mais velho Naruto é capaz de se transformar em uma menina muito
bonita, enquanto resultados de esforços do rapaz mais jovem em
uma gorda, feia bruxa. A combinação de comédia e a lógica por trás do estilo de vida do ninja, levar a Naruto conduzindo o garoto
para vários locais não muito apropriados para um
rapaz da sua idade. Eles vão para uma livraria que vende
revistas girlie para que eles podem “pesquisa de feromônios”.
Depois que o proprietário chuta-los para fora, cabeça para o quarto de
mudança de uma mulher onde elas se transformam em meninas antes de entrar.
Mais uma vez eles são expulso, com Naruto receber uma surra no processo.
Aqui, somos apresentados ao tópico que Naruto é um garoto mais velho com um interesse em desenvolvimento em
meninas, o que levará a complicações nos próximos episódios.

Quando o guardião do rapaz mais jovem, um Mestre Ninja elite, finalmente alcança-los, ele está
chateado que Naruto deveria estar ensinando tanta besteira para o neto do Terceiro
Hokage. “Jovem mestre, só vais ficar mais burro e mais burro se você pendurar em torno de Naruto.”

Um confronto segue-se então, mas ao contrário da luta mais
grave e prejudicial do episódio anterior quando Naruto ganhou o direito de formar
ao derrotar um rival perigoso, a luta é muito
mais cômica. Naruto surpreende todos executando uma combinação de sua
técnica de replicação de sombra (produzindo cem cópias de si
mesmo) e sua técnica de tentação, mudando todas as duplicatas em mulheres sexy, que em última
análise, subjugar o professor distraído de elite.

Testemunhando este conflito na sua bola de cristal, o terceiro Hokage infelizmente só pode concluir:
“ele fez outra técnica estúpida. Eu vou cair com certeza, provavelmente.”

Como os dois jovens estudantes parte empresa, ambos percebem que têm paralelas ambições de se tornar grandes Ninjas e alcançar
o amplo reconhecimento. Por enquanto, esta vista light-hearted dos dois estudantes imaturos, muito parecido
com o cego guiar o cego, introduziu-na uma variedade de princípios Ninja,
atitudes, técnicas e recursos, o mais importante de todos, sendo o poder que pode residir dentro de todos nós.
Conhecido como “chakra” aqui, a substância tem sido referenciada em muitas obras de fantasia e ficção científica,
não menos do que inclui Star Wars, onde é conhecido como “A força”.
Aqui é muito mais complexo, se somos lembrados do crescimento do
jovem herói, Luke Skywalker, quando nos deparamos com Uzumaki Naruto.

medicina alternativa Toronto Condo mercado é forte apesar da crescente
taxa de não-vendida

Urbanation é uma das maiores empresas de pesquisa para estudar o mercado
do condomínio de Toronto. A pesquisa recente mostrou que a porcentagem de condomínios não vendidos no
mercado imobiliário de Toronto continua a aumentar, mas concluíram que o mercado condomínio continua forte.

A razão por que Urbanation acredita-se que o mercado
do condomínio de Toronto permaneceria forte em
2013 é que a taxa não vendida de 2012 último trimestre foi menor
do que a média de 10 anos de taxa não vendida.

A pesquisa revelou que vendas globais de condomínio na área metropolitana de Toronto censo foi 21% não vendidos no quarto trimestre de
2012, até de um quarto antes de 20% e 18% um ano antes.

No final do quarto trimestre de 2012, haviam apenas 613 novas suites condomínio concluída e não vendida em Toronto metropolitana Censitária.
Neste mesmo período, houve 3841 novos apartamentos de condomínio vendidos que é um salto de 16% do
terceiro trimestre. Então a taxa de não-vendidos para unidades vendidas era de 15,9% no quarto trimestre de 2012.

Ouvimos rumores de problema de overbuilding condo Toronto no
passado. Muitos meios de comunicação públicos falaram overbuilding questões no jornal e sites.
Mas que pesquisa recente realizada pela Urbanation encontrado que os desenvolvedores e os compradores de condomínios de Toronto não preocupar overbuilding demais.

“Overbuilding era um termo citado, muitas vezes em relação ao mercado de condomínio de Toronto no segundo semestre de 2012, no entanto, uma pesquisa de desenvolvedores, credores e corretores [pela empresa] em dezembro indicou que apenas 11% dos entrevistados indicaram que, sobre o fornecimento do novo condomínio, mercado era sua principal preocupação em 2013,”
a pesquisa realizada divulgada.

Que pesquisa constatou que os desenvolvedores, investidores, construtores
e compradores de casa de condomínio de Toronto
tinham o seguinte 6 mais diz respeito a:

Um achatamento de preços;
Financiamento de construção mais caro;
Difícil conseguir financiamento de construção;
Aumento de renda não forte do usuário final;
Suprimento desequilibrado de suites menores catering
para os investidores, em vez de mais compradores de mover-se
ou famílias;
Estoque de condomínio misterioso segura pelos investidores.

Apesar dessas preocupações fora do mercado,
53% dos entrevistados acreditam que construção High-Rise condomínio no subúrbio de Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill e Markham, tem os
potenciais mais elevados do que aqueles arranha-céus torres e arranha-céus construídos em Downtown
Toronto. Enquanto eles acreditam que Low-Rise condos (6 a 8 andares) ao
longo de avenidas da cidade têm o maior potencial.

Mais da metade dos entrevistados prevêem que a 2013 vai ser
uma média de vendas ano baseia-se a média de cinco anos de vendas anuais de condomínio de 17.500 para
20.000.

Urbanation acredita que 2013 será um ano forte para o mercado de condomínios de Toronto porque viram que muitos investidores
preferiu segurar e alugar suas unidades em 2012, ao
invés de vendê-los em condições de mercado incerto.
Eles acreditam que tal situação vai continuar se o mercado de condomínios de
Toronto viraria amolecimento em 2013.

Basicamente, não só mercado condomínio de Toronto
vai ser sustentável, mas mercado condomínio
geral nas grandes cidades no Canadá é continuar
a ser bom. Statistics Canada lançou dados mostrando que há mais solteiros vivendo em paz no Canadá do que casais com crianças.

Enquanto os singles mais provavelmente irá comprar condomínios.
Além da taxa de juros baixa hipoteca do banco, singles
mais seria mais provável para comprar casas do condomínio que requer menos
manutenção ou encargos financeiros do que alugar condomínios.

Gerald says:

this image – the name of the image you comment on (sometimes it
is sadly the filename only as some webmasters don’t set a title).

You can also have the call transcribed and send
that as well. A lot of people are using a software
like – Captcha Breakerand an online service like Death – By
– Captcha or Shani – BPO as backup.

I foг alll time emailed this blog post page to all my friends, sincе iif like to read it after that my friends will too.

It’s in fact very difficult in this busy life to listen
news on Television, therefore I only use internet for that purpose,
and take the newest information.

Great oaks from little acorns grow.

I don’t comparable pubs Preteen Loli Nymphets
Damn i fondness it when she moans and smile when she is getting her difficult pussy fucked.How I would love to get some act with her!!!

charitys says:

Outstanding post, I conceive blog owners should larn a lot from this site its rattling user friendly. So much excellent info on here :D.

Lightroom is cool but Aperture 3 Rocks !!!

Reg says:

Thank for the info.. I have the same library on MBP & my mac mini. So I can use the MBP in the filed and just export that project over to the mini. That way I have two copies of the same library on two different system, and use my drobo to backup the mac mini library.

thanks again for the help

Matt says:

Chase, do you knwo if the following process is possible in A3?
– shoot tethered
– Have the image copy to TWO folders
– One as a back up
– The other as the working file displayed on screen
– And as the copy imports to the display, automatically apply a preset/action (Nik software)
– All in fullscreen, with the copy dumping in the background (i.e. no onscreen file progress window etc)

Are you able to give a bit more of run down on your tethered shooting and what goes on in the 1490 box?

Cheers
M

mark g says:

What is the ChaseJarvis house’s set list for getting 5D movies imported into Aperture 3 into FCP? iMovie makes it drag and drop simple. Is the FCP workflow export, mpegstreamclip, convert, place in file folder, import into FCP?
Many thanks for your suggestion on this!

You’ve got the basic jist of it. When we import things into Aperture, we leave them in folders, ie the files are NOT stored in the Aperture library. Since we do that we can just point compressor [mpegstreamclip] at the folder and transcode ProRES files for use in FCP.

Markus G says:

I used Aperture since it first came out, but let’s be honest, version 3 has been SUPER BUGGY since it was RUSHED PREMATURELY to market. Even many months after its release, it’s still SUPER unstable. In fact, It CRASHES NUMEROUS TIMES when shooting TETHERED, which is SUPER EMBARRASSING, especially when the client has to watch you FORCE QUIT and RESTART the application five times during a shoot. It’s super annoying. I don’t have an alternative, which is why I started shooting non-tethered, because the problems outweigh the convenience of having the images show up on my MacBook Pro. I just simply cannot have it freeze every ten captures. Come on.

Chris says:

Hey,

I recently purchased Apeture 3 and am loving it, however i recently did a few Monochrome photo shoots and have imported the photos into Apeture, now the photos have shown in colour, i have tried to work out the problem my self but…well no luck so far…:( anyone able to help me out?

Markus G says:

Do you mean you shot with the monochromatic setting in your CAMERA? It’s hard to tell what your issue is without knowing what equipment/settings you used.

Rob says:

Hey so I have aperature3 on my macbook pro. I am selling it to get a Imac for the house. I just upgraded aperature3. Is there anyway to deactivate it on the macbook and activate it on a new Imac when I get it? Thanks!

Dartanyon says:

@ Rob, You can just install Aperture on the new machine after deleting it from the old machine. No need to deactivate it. It’s looking for concurrent uses, so as long as it’s deleted from the laptop, that will never happen. And you’ll be all set on the new iMac.

simon says:

Hmmm, sweet! Software like I always dreamed it could be. thanks Apple :-)
I’m ploughing my way through the 900 page manual, and liking every feature I find.
Shame there are folks out there who find it doesn’t run to their liking – I wonder what the problem is…

David V says:

Chase,

Should I get Aperture 3 or should I wait and get Lightroom 3?

rob says:

@Scott,

thanks again for the help

Benjamin says:

After a couple more days using Aperture 3 I am able to give a pretty clear impression.

This programm is crap. Sorry, if I use these hard words, but I cannot express myself in a different way. Because I am really angry about Apple.

1. The programm crashes on a constant base.

2. Aperture 3 is slow and I have a very fast
machine. So bad programming.

3. That is to most bs-thing I ever can imagine. Aperture 3 has a very different interpretation of my image-changes. So many images were changed by Aperture 3 without my permission after importing. Funny, a lot of artowork I spend hours and days to produce now has a unwanted cast to red. Nice done Apple.

I could not believe that I ever would write something like that but people…do yourself a favor and avoid this piece of garbage for your own good and the good of your images.

Apple…shame on you…

PS: I have images to prove the color cast problem. So I really do not make that up ^^

Aperture 3 has been nothing but problems for me. Perhaps it works great on machines that are brand new, the most powerful, etc., but forget using it on an iMac IMHO.

I'm taking the disc back to the store tomorrow.

Chase, thanks for your insights on A3. I'm kinda curious how Aperture and PhotoShop are integrated in your workflow. Do you only use PS for major effects editing? Does everything go through Aperture first?

Rob,

Creating a library on a hard drive for your location shooting is a very good plan. When you get back to your office the decision whether to merge the location library with your main library is based on a couple of variables.

The most important is whether you're storing your main library on a networked server or on a hard drive. If it's on a hard drive, you can just plug in your computer and work on your library across your USB or Firewire. You can just merge your location library with your main, and off to work you go.

If you're using a networked server, you won't be able to work on your library across the network if it's stored on the server. You'll have to copy the library you want to work on to your computer's hard drive, work on the images, then copy it back to the server. In this case, you'll not want to store all of your images on this library because it will take a bit of time to copy it back and fourth off of the server. Smaller libraries based on shoot, year, etc. might be a better bet.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

rob says:

Hello People,

I just started using Aperture today. I'm trying to get a feel on how people are using it. If I'm taking picture on location should I make a library on my external Drive, and when I return home import that library into the main library?

If so then my main library on my server will be a master holding all my projects in on single library… Is that Right? or do you created many library on your sever for every project?

I'm just trying to get a workflow… yes I'm coming from a PC.. LOL

Francesco B. says:

@ Rob http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2006/12/important-storage-and-backup-solutions.html

@ Dartanyon, do you guys use the reference mode in Aperture or do you store everything in the Aperture library and manage the backup from there?

rob says:

Question to Chase or anyone,

Chase how r you backing up your files when in the studio? I'm sure on location you have external HD's to use.. But once back in the office whats the process of adding them to your main library, also do you have just one big ass library.

Maybe you can give us look at your project setup in aperture.

cam says:

My only complaint is the lack of support of Sony Cameras, specially the A850, If you are a Sony user please fill the form at the following link http://www.apple.com/feedback/aperture.html and ask for support.
I would really want to see more examples of your workflow using Aperture, a software that change the way I do work

Benjamin says:

@ Anonymous: I totally agree with the thought, that the software should perform good and speedy even on an midrange iMac or a 13 inch Macbook Pro as an example. Apple really has to work on Aperture 3.

Besides of crashes that shut the app down it crashes my Mac Pro, too. I have to restart. And for the fun of it…some of my preview-images are after the update shishkebap. They are just a weird ensamble of colored lines. Nice work Apple.

I am really surprised that Apple did not fix that before they start selling the software. That is really bad. I like Aperture. Always did. But I am shaking my head, because Apple seems not to learn the lesson. You can not sell a product with this problems…ok, Microsoft could but come on Apple. You used to be different :-/

WebMoore says:

@chasejarvis — you ever consider selling your presents for A3? It would be great to have similar presets to that of your iPhone app as well as some other great ones you use!

Joey says:

Other than the slower than syrup in the winter updates when using brush tools (any of them) the need to restart the app after using plug ins to see the changes and general crashing of the entire system when using the app it is totally better that A2 <_

Aperture 3 conceptually is really cool. I have been desperate for a program to smoothly combine video from my DSLR and my RAW files. It seems Aperture isn't quite there yet. It freezes many times. I am a Lightroom user previously but was willing to switch as it seems Aperture 3 really fits my workflow but as a pro I can't until they fix the bugs. Hope they make a patch soon as looking on the boards I am not alone. Great blog btw Chase I check it all the time.

Anonymous says:

Software shows its true colors on an 'average' computer, not a maxed out mega box. Anything will (well, should) run good on an octa with 32GB of ram, but when software runs like garbage on half-decent iMac or PC, it is a result of poor programming, not because the user isn't "pro" enough to afford the absolute best.

Lightroom, for this reason, has some substantial issues. It is extremely buggy (at least 2.5 was with dual screens), and a lot of things were extremely buggy… hopefully aperture 3.0 will up the performance a few notches, and maybe even surpass lightroom, although it is still lagging in the feature department.

Mike says:

Can't way for my upgrade disk to come in the mail!

Francesco B. says:

installed the trial version, everything seems to be running very smoothly. I'm using a 2009 iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz, 4Gb Ram.

It's faster than I thought, no crashes to report, Brushes works fast enough, plugins integration seems perfect, and I don't even have Snow Leopard installed.

I'm going to use it and get to know it better, but I'm confident I'm going to buy it pretty soon (though I think it'd be better to upgrade to Snow Leopard first).

thanks chase, i've been more of a lightroom kinda guy, so when everyone started going nuts over aperture 3.0 i didn't know what to think. just watching your video and seeing how easily the adjustment brushes work was enough for me. any tool that can make my life easier but also produce images faster is a great fit for me.

debbie says:

Hey Chase (and others). We have just tried the A3 trial, hoping that it would support Canon 5Dii tethering. After reading all the comments from numerous blogs we tried tethering. EOS Utility(disk comes with the camera)works with tethering but that interface is awful. However, we then opened A3 and were able to get it to automatically download a shot right after firing, but each image goes into a new unnamed Project folder. The process seems to be to get EOS U to send the file to a watched folder, and to get A3 to then bring the file in from that watched folder. The only issue(and its a big one) is that you end up with a gazillion new Untitled Project folders. This might be a new line for someone to follow to try to get the tethering to work in A3, as we are very close to making it a reality. Apple/Canon, how hard can this be, really?

Anonymous says:

Hey Chase, could you give your us a few of your own Adjustment Presets as a free download here? Would be fantastic.

Hey Chase, what camera are you tethering with? Our 1DS Mark III is not supported it would appear. Currently use LR but was looking at C1 because of tethering support and layout support.

I mean, if Bibble even supports tethering…. :)

Anonymous says:

Just started using A3 (was using A2, but switched to LR2 for the adjustment brushes) and I can say that the A3 adjustment brushes KILL LR's brushes. Especially the retouch, clone which is so much better as a brush than dragging circles around. Also, the ability to erase and feather the brush after the fact is awesome. Second, A3 has CURVES! Like, real, photoshop style curves. AND, you can STACK the adjustments. For example, add multiple curves to really tweak the image. This is HUGE, especially when combined with the ability to preset. I've already been able to convert a number of Boutwell's Totally Rad Actions into A3 presets, something that is impossible in LR (just see his new LR presets to get a glimpse of the limitations of that software), if for not other reason that because it lacks the ability to use curves and stack adjustments. The only things I miss are the gradient filters for exposure and the ability to convert to .DNG upon import (unless I'm missing something). So I'm still using LR2 to import, convert to .DNG, backup and create my folder hierarchy, and then I just import the .DNG RAW files into A3 as referenced images. My one complaint for now is that it CRASHES when I get too happy with the retouch brush. HOpefull this bug will be out with the first update.

Anonymous says:

Aperture is something I would buy if it had a Graduated Filter as in light room.It does seem to run faster
on my IMAC then Lightroom

james says:

Ahhh, The Aperture /Lightroom debate! I am a big fan of lightroom. The Print Module in Lightroom is fantastic, the intuitive layout of adjustment and editing tools, and the friendly, well thought out layout of Lightrom makes it a winner. Check out the Lightroom Beta 3 version for even better functionality. Avalable until April 30th.

I love Mac but for the photgrapher I find Adobe kills it !!

Chase Jarvis says:

I don't know much bout these sorts, but I'd say it sounds like an uninstall reinstall should do you right.

Crash

I have an iMac 27 (brand new), with aperture 2 working great, installed aperture 3, and now when I start it, it bounces on the application dock, then just closes/disappears — any ideas guys?

Francesco B. says:

Dartanyon, Chase,
thank you for your answers. I'm going back home on Sunday and I'll try Aperture 3 on my iMac (Aperture 2 runs absolutely fine on it) and see if it works. I really hope so..

re: preset sharing
I think it's pretty cool, with the only problem being some people "stealing" presets and selling them somewhere else online as "preset packages". A while ago a friend of mine told me something like that happened with Lightroom, so I guess it could happen with Aperture 3 as well, but the concept is very cool indeed…

Chase Jarvis says:

lots of good conversation here.

regarding speeds – we are using top of the line macpros, a distinct advantage with any photo or video software. and regarding video, we've run all sorts of video files direct into A3 with good results from a variety of cameras.

Chase Jarvis says:

i'll see what i can do about preset sharing at some point in the future – totally swamped right now. but very cool concept. perhaps some community preset sharing all-round!?

unblocker says:

I wouldn't pay 200 bucks for this… Maybe 100 bucks.

Yikes 64 bit processing.. Monsterous

Andrei says:

Man they made you sound like the guys in the Apple videos. Lr has adjustable brushes too, and it's only Lr 2.0. Wait till they launch Lr 3.0! It's going to have layers and masks, and … umm. Nah, I'm just making things up. I use Lr.

rob says:

Chase,

In your video on the apple site you talk about your presents…. I was wondering if you would like to share those setting with us in detail?

It would be cool to give them a try

John says:

Aperture 3 allows you to organize large photo libraries with even more flexibility using Projects and the new Faces and Places.The next major release of its powerful photo editing and management software, with over 200 new features including.
nintendo ds r4 revolution

Anonymous says:

Some have asked how it runs on something other than a Mac Pro that is bulked out (not that there exists a Mac Pro that isn't bulked)….

I installed A3 on my Macbook Pro with 4GB RAM and 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo….unfortunately, A3 is quite slow.

I really love the look of these new features in A3, I want to use it, but not at these speeds.

With just a little processing (I only loaded 6 RAW images in the library) my CPU is bogged down and my fan kicks into gear.

Brush adjustments cannot keep up with my movement, it lags behind.

I have read that others are having the same issues, and I am wondering if it is only those that are using a Mac with specs similar to mine.

Just my thoughts….though from the looks of it, if you have the power, this App rocks!

Chase, if I recall you've used aperture since the beginning of it's release. I'm not sure if you're sponsored by apple or not, but I was always curious as to why you chose this particular software over lightroom or Capture One, etc. I tried aperture when it first came out and it was slow as a dog. This was on a MacPro 9gb Ram, Raid Sata working drive, bla bla. Lightroom had also just come out and was alot faster and did more, plus seamlessly integrated with photoshop. Now that it's been a few years and both lightroom and aperture have had their growing pains, which software would you pick? Unbiased opinion please. I'm considering trying aperture again, but I don't have the time to redo my workflow that's taken me along time to perfect.

@David Yes, you still have to boot into a 64bit kernel, by holding the 6 & 4 at startup.. There are still extensions that *most* systems are running that are 32 bit only. You can boot into 64 and see what doesn't work, or you can go into your system profiler and under software/extensions, it will tell you which ones are 64bit ready.

@Francesco B We are running it on a 8x 2.66 GHz, with 32GB of RAM

matronryan says:

Didn't know this was coming out – has made my day!!

DerekBrad says:

You sold at least a trial run for me on this one!
I downloading it RIGHT NOW

Daniel Mendez says:

Have been using it and I love it!!!!
Much faster at importing, thumbnails, browsing… and the new enhancements are awesome!!!
Thanks Chase for the heads up!

Anonymous says:

I would love to see some presets from Chase. I know I would buy a preset package from you … so there you go

Anonymous says:

I downloaded Aperture 3 today and played with it. I did not recognize a big difference in speed. Sometimes I had the feeling it was faster in some tasks….but the brushes as an example loaded from time to time really slow. The results of the brushes are very nice if you know what you are doing. I worked with lightroom 1 and 2 as well. But finally decided to go with Aperture 2, because I prefer the overall appearance. Aperture 3 now has the tools I missed all the time. I really would like to purchase it. But I will wait. I want to try Lightroom 3 first. The reason: Aperture 3 crashed. One time. And it did not properly work with every effect I wanted to ad. And to be honest that sucks. It has great potential. I like the way how I can browse my images and share them so easy with others thanks to Aperture. But this is version 3 and not version 1.0 That Aperture 3 crashes is a bad joke. I am a big fan of Apple. I own many Apple products and believe in their way of doing things. But from time to time they doing it not right. They really should fix the problems with stability fast. If they are fixed Aperture 3 will be a great product and I think I will enjoy using it. :-)

PS: I am using Aperture 3 on a very fast system. A Mac Pro Nehalem with 2,93 Ghz and 8 GB ram. So it should be fast enough. That the brushes need that much time is mainly a problem of the software I think.

Best Wishes
Benjamin

Chase –
Is Aperture 3 a substitute for the full Final Cut Studio? How about sound management? Does it play well with Garage Band? Can you import multi-media content from Aperture 3 straight to iDVD for presentation disc creation?

As of now I use CS4, Photo Mechanic (for editing and captioning) and Final Cut Studio with DVD Studio Pro for disc menu presentation.

I tried Aperture 1+2 and found both very complicated. And – 2's free download rebuilt my library from 1 and then required me to buy 2 in order to retrieve old projects.

My questions:
Does Aperture 3 play well with prior versions? What's your opinion? Is it a good collective substitute for other tools I'm now using? In video editing what can it NOT do in relation to Final Cut Pro?

Any further links on research would be good too. Thank you!
~ Roger D.

Jamie says:

@david
"Hey, question: to run it in 64 bit mode, do you still have to hold 6 and 4 when you're booting your Mac??"

That's only for loading a 64-bit kernel. OS 10.5 and 10.6 run 64-bit apps just fine even with the default 32-bit kernel.

mp.nilsson says:

@David: Try out: http://aperture.maccreate.com/ They have some tutorials.

Francesco B. says:

For those who are already using it, it'd be a great thing if you could please mention the system you have, or at least the processor and the RAM.
Thanks!

I tried it and it crashed while importing the first project. I was trying to look at a picture full screen while importing.

I was also hoping some improvement in RAW processing but it seems to be pretty equal to V2.

Anyhow, too manxy good new features to not upgrade… already ordered and on the way… ^^

Frank

Anonymous says:

Still no Phase One support from a so called "Pro" app ?!
Whats going on Apple?!

such great words from such a great photographer on such great software. keep it up chase. love the work.

David says:

Actually, after looking at some of the videos on Apple's website and I have a couple more questions if you have a chance to answer them:

- The adjustment brushes among some of the other new features look totally awesome; do you think that there's still a need for Photoshop for most photographers with this sort of power in programs like Aperture?

- And my other question, do you know of any websites that have good quality Aperture tutorials? Kelbytraining only seem to have Lightroom tutorials at the moment :-(

Thanks in advance if you get a chance to read this :-)

David says:

oh boy! I've only had Aperture 2 for about 6 months and now I'm going to have to pay half again to upgrade :(

But still, this is gonna be ill!

lindes says:

So so so excited that they're including video! I've been hating that Aperture and Lightroom don't handle all the files coming off my camera… and now one of them will! Yay!

Congrats on the featured video, Chase!

Zoe says:

Chase, you say that it is much faster than 2.0. I lift then stamp a large number of photos at a time, and get the spinning basket ball of death on 2.0 for ages. Does this still happen in 3?

I really liked Aperture 2, but it still couldn't drag me away from Lightroom 2. The story may have changed now. I'm looking forward to the Aperture 3 test drive, as Apple may have won me over.

to1 says:

Chase,

Are you importing your video directly from the D3s? When I bring it into Final Cut I have to take it through MPEG Stream and convert to ProRes422.(Which looks killer by the way).

Any help on your video workflow with A3 and the D3s would be very greatly appreciated.
Bill

Yianni says:

Very cool. Downloading the trial now. I'm really looking forward to the video editing actually. Since I've gotten the Nikon D90, I have been using it more and more for creative video projects, and it's great that you can now manage the files within Aperture and then go to FCP.

And FINALLY, brushes!

Anonymous says:

"At least the trial version doesn't seem to support video files that came from 5D II. It looks like you have to transcode them first outside of Aperture."

Uh, you guys must be doing something wrong. I have lots of 5DMKII videos in my Aperture 3 library straight from the camera. They work great.

admin says:

@Chase: "Update: FYI it supports Nikon D300s files, D3 files, Canon 7d and 5d files, you name it, and a range of audio files from all manufactures as well."

This is an incorrect statement. At least the trial version doesn't seem to support video files that came from 5D II. It looks like you have to transcode them first outside of Aperture.

admin says:

managed to get the trial…

… did a quick import of some photos / videos that came from a 5D II .

Photo import works as before.

As for the video import that's a whole other story. Firstly it takes for ever to bring videos into the library. I figured that was probably due Aperture converting the videos to something it can edit.

Far from it. Once the "import" finished all I got was a box for each video saying "unsupported video format".

What I don't understand is why I can play the videos in finder and iMovie as well as FinalCut play the videos ok (albeit after doing a conversion at import) yet Aperture has problem.

It really seems the video feature was an afterthought that wasn't very thought out at all.

I am getting a bit disappointed with Apple products lately. More and more now I keep stumbling across things that just don't work as advertised.

Jonathan says:

Looks pretty cool so far! I don't mind lightroom 2.6, although I do find it rather buggy, and it tends to crash pretty often for no apparent reason. I tried aperture 2.0 and found that it lacked a lot of things that Lightroom 2.5 had at the time, and capture 1 didn't really 'capture' all my hopes and dreams either.

Chase, how does Ap. 3.0 handle dual screens? Is it functional when using one screen as library, second screen as editing window?

Also, not trying to continue anything (or start anything), but could someone enlighten me as to what anon's endorsement guide had to do with Chase writing an approving post on aperture 3.0? I have a blog and occassionally post about different equipment and really never thought anything of it.

I love the new features, really cool stuff.

Congrats on the In Action section, and by the way the grizzly bear shots in the screen shots and tutorial videos are mine!!!

admin – I was getting that as well, using Mailplane. The message does have body, it's just not showing up. Look at the raw text of the message. In Mailplane, click on the downward arrow next to 'Reply' and select 'Show original'. You'll see the text then!

admin says:

just tried to download trial… sadly Apple keeps sending me emails with a Subject line but no body text.

I guess no Aperture trial for me then…

Daven says:

Thanks for sharing your opinions and observations, Chase! I've been looking forward to an Aperture update for some time.

As for what Spencer was saying, I agree that there may not yet be any real professional applications of places/faces, but for people like me who want to use the same software for our personal projects and our commercial work, having these features included is very nice.

Nathan says:

Loved ya'lls live shoot and was excited to see you guys using Aperture for your software of choice.

I have been using aperture since it came out and LR has been looking very nice to switch to but I knew Aperture 3 was around the corner.

I can't wait to hear how you guys are using it or your tips and tricks that speed your work flow up. From the features list there is a LOT to love about the new aperture 3!

Jason Hight says:

Still doesn't support my camera (Sigma) and I'm stuck on a G5 still ( :( )…guess I'll continue down the road with Lightroom….

Spencer says:

So Chase, WAS that Aperature 3 you were using in the Live Shoot?

And Gizmodo put up an article on Aperature 3: http://gizmodo.com/5467543/apple-aperture-3-brings-a-little-bit-of-iphoto-to-pro-photos-with-faces-and-places

It seems like Apple is playing a bit of catch up with Adobe here, and I don't see Places and Faces being all that useful in pro level software. But if video works as well as Chase says, and they gave it a speed boost, this might be an essential tool.

Andy says:

I am thisclose to jumping on the Aperture band wagon. The built in tether feature alone sells me on it. One thing I had to do to get great colors in Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom was setup a custom camera profile. The RAW files out of my D300 always looked bland on import until I slapped them with a custom profile. I shot an x-rite color chart and followed a tutorial I found on dpbestflow.org (http://www.dpbestflow.org/color/camera-profiling). I've been trying to figure out how Aperture handles camera profiles and if there is a way to create custom profiles using color checker charts. Chase or anyone else.. any insight on this? Thanks!

Francesco B. says:

Hey Chase,
did Aperture 3 change your file management/back up routine(s) in any way? Did Apple improve the backup utility or is it the same as Aperture 2?
Thanks, ciao!

Timothy Lusk says:

Awesome! Buying upgrade today. Now, just waiting for Nikon to release a D4. LOL ;-)

Chase Jarvis says:

@graeme: A3 should support all the new cameras. engineers tell me it supports 5d, 7d, d300, d3s video files, etc

here's the published list of video and audio files supported, although it's NOT an exhaustive list (i know this since i've played Nikon D3s files in A3 and it's not listed…)

Laurence says:

I always thought that if someone bought photo mechanic, pixelmator and norrkross movie and combined them into a single app they would rule the photography world…

Looks like Apple did it one better… complete integration from core os to apple smoothness in user interface. Good job Apple! You got me curious.

Chase, do you know if integration is okay FCS 2 or does have to be FCS 3?

Chase Jarvis says:

@anon: it's no secret to anyone who pays attention to what i do: i only recommend things i like, period. i've had a disclaimer in my sidebar since long before the ftc had anything to say about the topic. disingenuous comments aren't welcome here.

Graeme says:

Hey Chase,

Do you know if it supports the mRaw and sRaw files from the 7D? Aperture 2 doesn't support it and instead it forces me to take a long route around to get the photos in.

Thanks!
Graeme

Hi Chase,

Have you posted your required info in regards to the new FTC blog rules?

Chase Jarvis says:

@top tier: yikes. dunno bout that, mate. i've had good stability and good speed working on good machines.

Chase Jarvis says:

@ghislain: yes it's much faster. built from ground up for 64 bit processing. I can't comment about older machines since we keep our stuff pretty current in our demanding professional environs.

top tier says:

OK, I tried the trail and it crashed after some 8 minutes of making simple adjustments to ONE photo. It's unbearably slow on my 3ghz dual core iMac and is terribly unstable.

What are your experiences? Any early crashes?

Thomas Boyd says:

Her's an excellent resource for Aperture 3:

Ghislain says:

Tks for the update Chase!!
Quick Question: DOES IT RUN FASTER? I only have a MBP(2008) and it's quite slow sometimes especially when I', trying to use Burn and dodge.. Actually did they enchance that feature because it's not that great compared to Lightroom or of course Photoshop.

Cheers and tks again!

jbelancik says:

Chase & Team…. really love your blog and the content. The type choice on your main articles is soooo hard to read. Do our eyes a favor and boost it up a couple point sizes and use something that is legible. I would like to keep my eyes healthy as well as read your fabulous comments. Thank you.

Dan says:

Will Aperture 3 handle video from sources other than a dSLR? I have a Canon HF10 that I would love to run through this.

Either way, syncing libraries wins the argument for me!

Michael Marks says:

Chase, unfortunately Aperture has lost this customer due to their public relations. I started with Aperture 2.0 and spent almost a year with the product, investing countless hours learning the tool.

There are two companies in this game: Apple and Adobe, each handles news about their product's future directions in polar opposites. After persistent rumors of Aperture's death, the well publicized stats on Aperture's declining market share, and the public Lightroom 3.0 beta, deafening slience from Apple, I decided to try Lightroom.

I've now invested many hours learning Lightroom and I've been using that the last few months.

Apple's released version 3.0 today? Half of their audience wouldn't have been surprised to hear the product had been canceled.

Since we use Photoshop and that isn't going to change in the near future, I'll probably stick with Adobe.

Daithí says:

Thanks Chase!

Have you used Viveza (from Nik Software) and if so, does the new brushes functionality 'kinda' do the same thing?

Can't wait to try all these new features!

Love the blog/site

Daithí

William Beem says:

I think we've been waiting two years for this upgrade, but I definitely like the features I see. You did a nice job of demonstrating the impact of adjustment brushes in your video. Now I can't wait to get away from my day job and hit the Apple Store for my copy.

I'm geeking out over simple, yet important things like curves and the ability to merge & sync libraries. This definitely looks like a cool upgrade.

Daniel Mendez says:

Hey Chase, congrats on previewing Aperture 3 and the video.
In the past, I have felt like a beta tester when I buy a new Apple product as soon as they are released. But since you have used it for a while and are encouraging others to try it, I am guessing it has been very stable for you. Is this a correct assumption?

Chase Jarvis says:

one word people: VIDEO.

Chad says:

Sounds cool. I've never used apeture. From what I know, doesn't lightroom already do most of this? Besides video, why would I switch. Is it worth trying?

Anonymous says:

that whole list of awesome new features sounds A LOT like the lightroom develop module. I'm glad Apple is responding to demand for features like this, but it's fun to hit the website and read the standard Apple copy about how revolutionary and new the things I've been doing in lightroom forever are

Daniel says:

Aperture 2 made picture editing even quicker looks like Aperture 3 will make it even faster. Looks like i'll be needing a Mac upgrade soon

D-H-Weeks says:

Maskido says:

Looks amazing. Big question, DOES IT DO HDR PROCESSING?

top tier says:

Brushes, finally something Aperture should have got long time ago. It was way behind the competition.

Congrats Chase for making that deal with Apple. I have to say though, the cameo video doesn't look convincing. It's obvious the screenshots on your Cinema Displays were added in the post.

I'm not particularly sure about the choice of "Songs for…" session. What you say on the apple video isn't compelling for me, some of the shots look crude regardless of the adjustments. I think Seattle 100 project would be much more suitable pick.

I'm excited to try the new version anyway, but the download site has been 404 for a while.

Jase says:

i went with LR over Aperture even though I love Apple products.. found LR easier to use and had more features/plugins…

but man oh man the way Aperture has implemented places and faces looks REALLY nice – WAY better than LR.

I'm downloading a copy to try and this may push me over the edge to switch to Aperture

Jeff Singer says:

So, I'm guessing Phase One support will never happen. Maybe when the iPhone/iPad has Flash support.

What did Phase One do to piss off Apple?

Francesco B. says:

John P. , I understand what you're saying and it makes sense indeed.
I'm going to upgrade from 2 to 3 because the tools they've added look really promising (and I already know I'm going to use Brushes A LOT, I was missing a tool like that!), but I don't know how good Aperture 3 is with video (other than integrating it with pictures and music). If I were using Lightroom (which is an excellent software, from what I've seen) and needed to learn more about video editing, I'd look into more dedicated software, like Final Cut Pro, before moving all my pictures from one library to another.

Larry Reeves says:

Thanks for sharing, Chase! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Dan says:

The real question is, how will it run on my old MBP with 2gb of ram? Any ideas?

Francesco B.
Although I really like Lightroom the video in Aperture is appealing considering this is where photography is headed (if that makes sense) into this photo/video hybrid mode. And although i'm just starting in video I would like to learn it ASAP to stay ahead. I just get a little overwhelmed adding more and more software that can get out of hand keeping things organized. Probably just me but…

If Apple includes Aperture for iPad, it's over for me and Lightroom. Maybe not the full version, just enough to bring in the files from a shoot and use the iPad while roaming around (or watching TV) for setting ratings and basic edits.

Chase Jarvis says:

check this out. aperture 3.0 toggles back and forth from normal 64 bit operation to 32 bit operation to account for old plugin architecture. then, when you relaunch not using old plugins, it returns to 64 bit without you noticing…

Woot! But just as I'd decided to put my credit card away in a safe place until the end of the month…

But at least there's upgrade pricing…

Any word on whether plug-ins for Aperture 2 are compatible with Aperture 3? I really like my Nik Software suite…

javajive says:

Congrats on your videos being embedded on Apple's Aperture page!

Jack says:

"_Adjustment present on import. Seriously cool. Shoot tethered in your studio and want the photos to look sexy before the model or art director can see the RAW file? No problem. This kicks ass." – That does kick ass!

javajive says:

Chase, despite being a bit of an Apple fanboi, I camped out in Lightroom side of the river since they both came on the market. How do you compare the two with this new release?

Does Aperture 3 tie in well with PS? Are user-generated plugins supported?

Pretty sweet you've had the chance to check it out pre-release!

Cheers from Manila.

Francesco B. says:

Looks like they (Apple) finally listened to photographers, can't wait to try brushes and presets!

John P. Castro, if you use Lightroom and like it, why change?

Do you think their is use for Aperture and Lightroom? I'm a big fan of lightroom and see leaving it but wonder an effective way to work with both? (vague question but…)