How To Get Your Work In The Guggenheim

Controversial? Perhaps. But I love it. From the New York Times:

The project, called YouTube Play and conceived as a biennial event, is intended to discover innovative work from unexpected sources. It is open even to entrants who don’t consider themselves artists, and actively encourages the participation of people with little or no experience in video. “People who may not have access to the art world will have a chance to have their work recognized,” said Nancy Spector, deputy director and chief curator of the Guggenheim Foundation. “We’re looking for things we haven’t seen before.”

Submissions close July 31, 2010.

[nyt article here.]

35 Responses to How To Get Your Work In The Guggenheim

1. Anthony Perez June 14, 2010 at 11:33 am #

i wish :P

• Anthony Perez June 14, 2010 at 11:36 am #

i adore the guggenheim the architecture is awe-inspiring, wish i could return for a few pics!

2. Brian Hirschy June 14, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

Very interesting partnership – glad they are recognizing the medium and the sheer creative talent that surfaces daily on YouTube.

3. Steven Christie June 14, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

An interesting concept, however, I have reservations with the choice of partner. YouTube’s terms and conditions means that any content submitted to them becomes theirs. If YouTube use anyone’s creative content submitted to them for ANYTHING, the contributor/artist is not even entitled to a credit, let alone royalties or a slice of profit made by YouTube if it sells your content to any paying organization. Beware.

4. Bogdan Radu June 14, 2010 at 12:46 pm #

This is great but there are times where even the Guggenheim fails in supporting the true artists :

5. Scott MacKenzie June 14, 2010 at 3:01 pm #

Very exciting stuff! I just shared it with my New Media Artists Network pals, who finished their 48-Hour Film Festival work this past weekend. Why not, eh?

Thanks, Chase and Gang!

6. john hildebrand June 14, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

ok i need to start working on my video

7. Don June 15, 2010 at 7:03 am #

Thanks for the post. A friend of mine has a project that is perfect for this.

Thank you again.

8. Donnie Bell Design June 15, 2010 at 7:25 am #

Great to see they are aware of this mediums and are willing to recognize it in an incredibly public way. Think this gives some credibility to social media?

• Chase June 15, 2010 at 11:47 am #

social media is almost already a term of the past IMHO. sort of funny, but regular “media” sounds outdated almost…

9. מצלמות נסתרות July 1, 2010 at 12:57 pm #

I am working on my own video as we speak..

10. Sohbet July 2, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

start working on my video

11. מצלמות אבטחה January 30, 2011 at 2:48 am #

start working on mine 2

12. הפסקת עישון February 27, 2011 at 2:23 am #

grate one

13. בלונים לאירועים May 19, 2011 at 6:15 am #

the vidio is very nice,

14. hatzad May 22, 2011 at 1:16 am #

Oh, loved it!

15. ניסור בטון May 22, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

was very good – thsnk you

16. ukrainian sweet ladies photos February 24, 2014 at 6:25 am #

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

17. Test av Kredittkort March 10, 2014 at 10:54 pm #

I do consider all the concepts you have presented for your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too short for beginners. May you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.

18. brama dwuskrzydłowa August 29, 2014 at 10:24 pm #

After I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any manner you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks!

19. Alica Stiebel September 22, 2014 at 7:28 am #

Surprisingly challenging many many thanks, I do believe your trusty subscribers could perhaps want even more stories such as this keep up the terrific do the job.

20. Randall Nelder October 2, 2014 at 7:09 am #

Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce a great article

21. see here October 3, 2014 at 1:47 am #

Find out which gem stones ahead of a jewelry purchase.There can be three exclusive sorts of ,cheap tiffany and co jewellery,stones: imitation, unnatural and also representation. tiffany jewellery are particular gemstones, however , phony is simply clear plastic hued to look similar to the genuine thing. Organic gems are normally found undercover and synthetic jewelry are actually grown at a clinical.Have a really close look along at the element appeals to you, next said together with some other items you are looking for. Watch out for tactics the fact that a few manufacturers use to develop a engagement seem better.

22. Thao Manista October 6, 2014 at 8:35 am #

I enjoy the efforts you have put in this, appreciate it for all the great content.

23. Corinna Thibideau October 7, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

*There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you produced certain nice points in capabilities also.

24. Reginald Brening October 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm #

Great read!, I love reading about nutrition. Loved the tip rainey just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

25. Danish jewellery October 13, 2014 at 5:06 am #

By the eighth century, jewelled weaponry was widespread forr men, whereas othsr jewellery (aside
    from signet rings) seemed to turn into tthe area of ladies.
    When Napoldon Bonaparte was crowned as Emperor of the French in 1804,
    he revived the model and grandeur of jewllery and style inn
    France.

26. torrents October 14, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

el uno en el v

27. adult October 15, 2014 at 7:46 am #

Chaga mushroom coffee been lately brought to plenty of everything about basically because of the Ukrainian post author Alexandr Solzhenitsyn by it’s new ‘Cancer Ward’ in which traditional qualities is normally cured of a tumors on the support consume. Siberian Chaga

28. Brian Knippers October 16, 2014 at 10:36 am #

Man this is so informative, I love reading about diet. Loved the tip riley just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. God knows I’ve tried! I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

29. printer cartridges October 16, 2014 at 9:52 pm #

Top post Genachowski’s less than artful weaving of net neutrality and consumer privacy | Law and Politics of Broadband you’ve surely influenced all of us FYI have you read Middle East amazing headlines! Enjoy your day ! Flash Website Style

30. Kathryn October 16, 2014 at 10:20 pm #

Hello Dear, are you really visiting this web site
    on a regular basis, if so after that you will absolutely take good know-how.

31. torrent October 18, 2014 at 12:25 pm #

buen art

32. Suzette October 19, 2014 at 3:55 pm #

Heyy There. I discovered youur blog usiing msn. Thiss iis a rally
    weell wriitten article. I’ll bbe surre tto bookmrk it and coome
    back too redad more of youur useful information. Thanks ffor the post.

I’ll certaiinly comeback.

33. harga ponsel October 24, 2014 at 6:39 am #

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous website.