Two Episodes of chasejarvisLIVE This Week!

zack arias, ra scion, charles mudede

I’m pumped to bring two new episodes of chasejarvisLIVE to your desktop this week. I hope you’ll tune in to join me.

First, tomorrow I’ll be hosting my good friend, one-light guru, photo instructor, and the best beard around: Zack Arias. We’re bringing Zack to Seattle for his creativeLIVE workshop, and I’m stealing an hour of his time before hand to talk shop in my studio. Think Barbara Walters meets Jon Stewart meets Photography (meets the Sesame Street?). You, me, Zack, and worldwide photography audience just rapping in a casual environment. This will be a great chance to have your photography questions answered and get to know Zack better. We’ll be taking any/all questions online via twitter at hashtag #cjlive.

What: Chase Jarvis Hosts Zack Arias on chasejarvisLIVE
Where: just visit http://www.chasejarvis.com/live
When: Wednesday, June 9th (that’s tomorrow/today depending on where you live)
1:30 – 3:00 pm west coast PDT (that’s -8 GMT)

Second, when I think of what’s influenced my creativity, right behind my personal experience it’s no doubt been popular culture. Music, culture, fashion, art, food, etc. Just recently I snapped awake in the middle of the night and said to myself, “Damn, I know some amazing people, why don’t I do a better job sharing them with the world? So I’ve set out to supplement all the photoshoots and behind-the-scenes rhetoric at chasejarvisLIVE with as many of my culturally relevant friends as possible–some underground, some popular some of whom you’ll know, some you won’t. But all of whom have impressive backgrounds by any measure.

If this is of interest, tune in this Thursday (day after Zack, above) where I’ll host two fascinating cultural legends: the amazing RA Scion (MC of the acclaimed Common Market) and the renowned writer, filmmaker and cultural critic Charles Mudede. In a casual but evocative round table format, RA, Charles and yours truly will discuss the state of hiphop music and how that relates to pop culture in general, plus we’ll dig into RA’s newest project “Victor Shade”. We’ll be taking questions via Twitter again to hashtag #cjlive, and then to wrap things up, we’ll end the show with a LIVE performance from RA that will impress the hell out of you. I’ll be taking some photos too… No fancy stage, no frills, just great music LIVE to your desktop.

What: Chase Jarvis Hosts RA Scion and Charles Mudede on chasejarvisLIVE
Where: just visit http://www.chasejarvis.com/live
When: Thursday, June 10th
10:30am – 12:30 west coast PDT (that’s -8 GMT)

All you need to do is tune in to http://www.chasejarvis.com/live. Oh, and bring your headphones to work on both days. Hope you’ll join us.

41 Responses to Two Episodes of chasejarvisLIVE This Week!

1. Nuno June 8, 2010 at 10:26 am #

Yes, I will be there. I hope your server can handle everybody.

2. Paul June 8, 2010 at 10:31 am #

Any chance these will be available later for download?

3. Anthony Perez June 8, 2010 at 10:37 am #

Been missing your podcast its great, your so natural in front of the camera!

• Chase June 8, 2010 at 10:42 am #

well i’ll be live here, so hope you’ll stop by tomorrow and thurs…

• Errol Dunlap June 10, 2010 at 6:50 am #

i couldn’t finish yesterday’s live show, will i be able to view later?

4. Venura Herath June 8, 2010 at 10:46 am #

Awesome! Cant Wait!!

5. Jonathan Frazier June 8, 2010 at 11:02 am #

Funny…I already took note of your middle of the night ‘awakening’ some time ago, in fact I blogged about it just yesterday. One of the reasons I love this feed is because it’s not about just one person, it breathes life to a community. Cheers to that -

(In lieu of your Creators Project/BrainFarm post) http://jfp-photography.blogspot.com/

6. Deuce June 8, 2010 at 1:34 pm #

Like Paul, I’m going to miss the Live spot. Will be driving…would love to catch a replay??

7. Jonny June 8, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

Excellent! Looking forward to it. Thanks for giving back as always.

8. Regi June 8, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

Good on you. Thanks again for giving back.

9. Maciek Lesniak June 9, 2010 at 3:10 am #

Are You sure tht PDT is GMT-8 ? I’ve checekd few sources & I’ve found that PST is GMT-8 and PDT is GMT-7.

10. Brian Davis June 9, 2010 at 5:55 am #

This is so awesome, I totally love CreativeLive. I just bought Zack’s workshop, I always enjoy watching him. I can’t wait!

11. Donnie Bell Design June 9, 2010 at 6:51 am #

Fantastic idea. Glad to see you showing off your inspiration in hopes of getting others inspired. I hope we will get the chance to do that in the future.

12. Mark Chisholm June 9, 2010 at 11:25 am #

Any chance this is going to be available to replay later? I hate to miss it.

13. andreas June 9, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

Hey Chase,

I am unable to watch the live stream. Is it some international issue (Im streaming from Norway) or just general overload? Im on http://blog.chasejarvis.com/live/, but it says it’s off air – And has been saying that the past 30 mins.

Any chance you’ll upload it? Hate to miss it.

14. kris June 9, 2010 at 3:33 pm #

Problems – one second of video every thirty seconds if I’m lucky. Audio was good though, after they sorted it out.

15. Mike June 9, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

Great session today with Zack! Lot’s of information.

16. Jonathan June 9, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

gday chase, im with everyone else who couldn’t avoid missing it, please upload this to your site and inspire the masses!

17. Sam Figueroa June 9, 2010 at 11:58 pm #

Great interview, well at least the part I saw. My battery went out on my about half way through. Is there any place we can download or purchase that footage?

18. Simon June 10, 2010 at 12:09 am #

This was a great show, thanks a lot guys (including backroom crew) I missed the first 30 mins, but my stream was almost perfect here in the UK, it looked great fullscreen. Very informative discussion, looking forward to more.

19. zed June 10, 2010 at 12:36 am #

Hi Chase, why don’t you get a re-live section that features all the older videos. (if only for a time) There’s a massive audience out there that will never make it because of time difference. (ie: Australians .-) but would love to see what you got to say in these live broadcasts. Cheers Mate

20. Gabi Mardare June 10, 2010 at 12:36 am #

I’ve watched the show from first to last second and it was amazing! It’s great to hear stories and advices from such experienced guys. Congrats and keep up the great work!

21. Daf June 10, 2010 at 6:06 am #

Hi, another request to see it. I got confuzzled thinking this was just an announcement for Zack’s Saturday show.
    A non-iTunes way would be good – not an Apple tie-in fan. Your YouTube channel ?

22. Mark Chisholm June 10, 2010 at 7:08 am #

I was able to catch the last 20 minutes and it was great. Would love to see what I missed!

23. Sven June 13, 2010 at 3:51 pm #

Very interesting chat, I have to say… Everybody should do a “reality check” like Zack did during his interview.

24. Don June 15, 2010 at 7:05 am #

Great Post! Thank You! Chase

25. Heriberto Sekulski November 22, 2012 at 2:57 am #

Hi there, I found your blog by way of Google while looking for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

26. Santa Macchione January 8, 2013 at 7:07 am #

I gotta desired this web place it seems handy same useful

27. Arden Laderman June 4, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

I am searching for a qualified author, long time within this area.

28. Agence immobilière Monthey June 7, 2013 at 6:24 am #

Needed to draft you the bit of remark just to say thanks over again with the precious ideas you’ve shared on this page. This is certainly seriously open-handed with people like you to supply extensively what most of us could possibly have advertised as an ebook to end up making some money for themselves, specifically seeing that you could have tried it if you wanted. The things likewise served to provide a good way to fully grasp other people have the identical passion like my personal own to see more on the topic of this problem. I’m sure there are lots of more enjoyable instances up front for individuals who examine your blog.

29. Dalton Courie June 7, 2013 at 9:02 pm #

I very glad to find this internet site on bing, just what I was looking for :D also bookmarked.

30. cheap party bus weddings June 9, 2013 at 9:42 am #

Pretty cool Mr. Elliot. I’m starved for missives from the mailbox. I will admit it, I even open junk mail. (Hey, probably it can be a look at having a lot of zeros in the finish.) These types of a unfortunate existence for me when my a person a little rush of worth is ripping open junk mail. Bills can wait around, so a real letter appears outstanding. Will subscribe.br /Cheers, Iris

31. cheap party bus June 9, 2013 at 10:00 am #

Congratulations edmodo is terrific! I really hope you will hold performing on new features for edmodo.br /Thanks in your efforts

32. We Buy Ugly Houses Austin June 10, 2013 at 7:35 am #

There exists apparently quite a bit to recognize about this. I suppose you created some good points in characteristics also.

33. top investments June 10, 2013 at 9:14 am #

Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for data around this subject to get a when and yours may be the very best I have discovered out so far. Nevertheless, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you currently good in regards to the provide?

34. Gdańsk Wypożyczalnia aut June 12, 2013 at 11:27 am #

Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

35. new style air jordans June 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

I just now wanted to let you know how much we appreciate every factor you’ve discussed to assist boost the lives of males and females in this topic matter. By means of your own personal articles, we’ve gone from just a novice to an expert within the location. It’s absolutely a honor to your work. Thanks

36. married women seeking married men February 28, 2014 at 6:59 pm #

Appreciating the time and energy you put into your website and in depth information you provide. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material. Excellent read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

1. Chase Jarvis Hosts Roundtable with RA Scion + Charles Mudede | Chase Jarvis Blog - July 4, 2010

[...] a wave of requests, this is a re-broadcast of a recent popular chasejarvisLIVE where I played host to two amazing and culturally relevant figures: emcee RA Scion and writer, [...]

2. Off Topic. Unless You Like Video, Film, Music and Pop Culture… - July 5, 2010

3. VIDEO: Charles Mudede vs. Ra Scion (ChaseJarvis.com) | Prometheus Brown - July 7, 2010

[...] From Chase’s blog: Following a wave of requests, this is a re-broadcast of a recent popular chasejarvisLIVE where I played host to two amazing and culturally relevant figures: emcee RA Scion and writer, [...]