creativeLIVE Presents David DuChemin AND Jasmine Star

david duchemin and jasmine star for creativelive
Guess who’s on deck for the next 2 series of creativeLIVE weekend workshops? Two stellar folks:

David DuChemin – Vision Driven Photography
David’s recent series of books (Within the Frame and Vision Mongers) have carved a niche in photographic education that–prior to now–rarely got discussed. That niche is VISION. The internet has given photographers so many tools to work with gear and specs and digits and all that crap, but there’s been a distinct absence in rhetoric in and around VISION. Better than anyone going, DuChemin, teaches us to cultivate our own. Shoot your own stuff, compare it with the live class during this 3 day workshop. It’s not to be missed.

What: creativeLIVE hosts David DuChemin on Photographic Vision
Where: just visit http://www.creativelive.com/live for a FREE viewing vision
When: July 23-25 (Fri – Sun)
Register here – it’s online and it’s free.

Jasmine Star – Wedding Photography Re-invented
Perhaps no one before has stormed the wedding photography industry like Jasmine Star. In just 4 years Jasmine has become a winner of the “Top 10 Wedding Photographers Worldwide” by American Photo Magazine and has developed a reputation as the leading wedding photo instructor. We at creativeLIVE are bringing her to you…get this… to shoot a LIVE wedding AND teach before, during and after – everything you wanna know – over the course of 4 days in August. Among other things, we’re currently seeking a real bride & groom to participate (video to participate in this after the jump!!). If you have ever had even a remote interest in the artistry, freedom, and great money for shooting weddings, this course is for you.

What: creativeLIVE hosts Jasmine Star on Wedding Photography
Where: just visit http://www.creativelive.com/live for a FREE viewing vision
When: August 26-29 Thurs – Sun)
Register here – it’s online and it’s free.

Video on how to submit a bride and groom, plus more after the jump…

[In case you didn’t know… creativeLIVE is a side project for me that has grown rapidly to educate more than a million people worldwide in just months. Succinctly put, it’s FREE worldwide, creative education for photography, design, fine art, computer programming, and more. Award winning photographers, filmmakers, and instructors teach you everything you want to know, in a new completely interactive format online.

15 Responses to creativeLIVE Presents David DuChemin AND Jasmine Star

1. Chris July 16, 2010 at 9:56 am #

While I love that wedding photography is the focus of a four-day event on creativeLIVE, I have to kinda question the timing. In my community, August – even late August – is still prime wedding season. It wouldn’t be uncommon for a photographer to have both a Friday and Saturday gig. So, the audience who should be watching will probably be, ya know, kinda busy…

• Chase July 16, 2010 at 6:33 pm #

hey chris: during the hundreds of requests to do wedding stuff, the feedback was have a couple days during the week so people could check it out…might be busy any time of year, so that’s what we did. weekends are great for some, tough for others, so we split the time to reflect the feedback. That’s why this is a 4 day with more than half of the content — including the live wedding shoot — during the week. Trying to please as many supporters as possible – hope this makes sense ;)

• Chris July 19, 2010 at 7:26 am #

Chase: Thanks! Your reply did make more sense, and when I finally moseyed over to the creativeLIVE page for the course ( http://creativelive.com/courses/jasmine_star/ ), I did see that Friday has the live wedding. A sorta, kinda request: any way that creativeLIVE can put more info on that page as to what will be occurring each day? Or is that up to the course instructor and/or at this time it’s all TBD?

Thanks for the clarification and the diversity in coursework being offered. I’m looking forward to the class.

2. William J. Ingalls July 16, 2010 at 10:43 am #

This is going to be amazing! For anyone who is skeptical, just take a look at Jasmines website, awesome work and stories! http://www.jasmine-star.com/

3. Richard July 16, 2010 at 10:52 am #

I have to wonder, how is she going to charge the couple for this? Is she going to charge at all?

4. Mike Brice July 16, 2010 at 3:13 pm #

Jasmine Star, are you serious.

Check out her latest blog post:

7th set down of images down – the bride’s left hand is cut off very awkwardly. A first year high school student knows not to crop like that. Or maybe that’s what you get when you just run and gun.

Even if she shot the photo, she shouldn’t have blogged it. I know there are exceptions to the rule of thirds and limb cropping, but it just looks awful and is a reflection of her skills.

5. Colin July 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm #

@Mike
    Having looked at your site I can see that you are a very accomplished wedding photographer, although, personally I would lay off the clarity slider.

The beauty of Creative live… and to take it further.. the internet, is that is that if you don’t like it, you don’t have to see it. I have sat an watched hours of live streaming in the UK (when I should have been in bed) a lot of which I knew already, but the little bits I learned were invaluable.

The first comment on this post that highlights the availability of wedding photographers at this time of year is a relevant one, but your snipe reminds me of the bitter comments on message boards which I used to read a long time ago. I think that people have matured and usually, if they have something to say, it is relevant and productive.

I feel that your comments are based on jealousy.

If I am wrong, then I am very sorry.

Colin

6. Pablo Zanardi July 16, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

This is awesome, thanks again for the CreativeLIVE crew and the guest artists!
    I can’t, I’ve cleared my schedule just so I could watch it entirely this time!
    I’m so lucky to have crossed your workflow post not long ago chase, I’ve been following ever since and its just awesome after awesome.

Keep it up.

7. Tyler Austin July 18, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Thank you so much Chase and team for bringing us CreativeLIVE. I’m sure I’m only one of many to say thanks for doing what so many other photographers don’t, and that is to share, and teach your knowledge from your experience. Looking forward to getting a chance to be one of Jazzmine’s photog guests.

8. Zakaria July 19, 2010 at 12:21 am #

Dang, after getting Zack Arias awesome studio workshop, here is another two that I’ll have to get. Thanks to Chase and the creativeLive team. And and even bigger thanks to Jasmine Star, David DuChemin and Zack Arias!!!

9. Javier July 19, 2010 at 8:23 pm #

I was looking at Jasmine’s work and is it me or are her photos really really soft? Is that her style? I love her composition and color but I struggle so hard to find the “in focus” point i her photos. I’m 28 so I know I’m not losing my vision……am I?

10. GaryB August 4, 2010 at 7:32 am #

Just watched to first Wedding Planning update for Aug. 2. Thanks very much! However, the audio is very weak, could hardly hear some of the comments and discussions. Again thanks for providing this, I plan on watching and buying the Wedding Photography Course with Jasmine Star.This will be a great learning tool for me!!

11. Byron Doolan January 7, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

You…are…my…hero!!! I cant believe a touch like this exists on the internet! Its so veritable, as a result frank, and added than that you dont sound similar to an idiot! Conclusively, a name who knows how to talk concerning a subject with no sounding approximating a hoodwink who didnt get that bike he required representing Christmas.

12. Jared Bolus January 8, 2013 at 6:36 am #

Hello merely wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your send seem to live running rancid the screen in Safari. I’m not assured rider this is a formatting deliver or else impressive to accomplish with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you identify. The explain look enormous though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Cheers

13. Dale Kamnik April 10, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

During the greater Manchester area, possibly Alley Cat Pizzeria, for your thin NY-style pizza, or perhaps the aforementioned Portland Pie Company, which does a thicker crust. Each are scrumptious, it just depends within the mood you are in.