chasejarvisLIVE Interview with Jasmine Star Re-posted to YouTube

Hi friends. Lots of requests to re-post this episode of chasejarvisLIVE with Jasmine Star to my YouTube channel. So here ’tis. Those of you in the USA on the 3-day weekend celebrating Labor Day should find some time to take a peek.

Reminder that her EPIC 5 day Wedding Photography course is downloadable for a bargain $149 over here at creativeLIVE.com.

Also, chasejarvisLIVE featuring National Geographic photographer, culture and food maven, Penny DeLosSantos as well as Foodista.com founder Barnaby Dorfman will re-post tomorrow…

[Lastly, these vids have been live for a couple days already...if you want to be first to get this content when it goes live, best to subscribe to my YouTube channel here.]

34 Responses to chasejarvisLIVE Interview with Jasmine Star Re-posted to YouTube

1. Christian September 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm #

Hey Chase,

great video apart from the incredibly loud laugh from Jasmine. It made my ears bleed!

How long was the whole process from contacting Jasmine to the final weeding shoot?

Was absolute amazing what you guys pulled off there.

Chris

2. Michelle Feeney September 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

Thanks for sharing this Chase. Can’t thank the two of you enough for the Jasmine Star Wedding Photography Course. Excellent!

3. Serge Van Cauwenbergh September 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

View Photography Magazine, which you are showing at the beginning of the video, is a Belgian magazine: http://www.viewmag.be. I have a subscription. Highly recommended!

4. stephanie September 5, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

the whole week was amazing! great job to everyone that was involved. thanks for the repost too!

5. Anonymous September 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm #

Holy branding!

6. kezt17 September 5, 2010 at 9:18 pm #

Thanks Chase! Thanks Jasmine. This was really good, keep ‘em coming!

7. Sudi September 6, 2010 at 3:07 am #

Totally missed. Thanks!

8. Jonh September 6, 2010 at 6:26 am #

Hola. por favor seria un honor que traduzcan en sud títulos Español somos admiradores de tu trabajo Gracias

9. Mark September 6, 2010 at 6:52 am #

Thanks for posting these, I was without laptop while shooting on the road when both of these LIVE events were streamed and the iphone stream kept cutting out on me.
    Epic work for all those involved and thanks again to you Mr Jarvis for striving to keep this profession and community we all work in one of openness and collaboration.

10. Bernie Greene Sussex Photographer September 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

Chase you have great interviewing skills. Some great questions and some great answers.

• Ania Matlak September 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm #

When I watched yesterday night this video it brought be back to the last weekend when I watched last 2 days of the workshop. I lost the sense of time and actually need to do check what day it will be tomorrow hoping it is a day off… Thanks!

11. PD September 6, 2010 at 11:28 pm #

Great job, great interview, and the 5 day event was crazy good, I’m still watching it (prepurchased). I have one gripe that I hope you don’t mind being told… you amazing video guys have got to get more serious about sound (I’m a long-time audio guy). The distorted sound on this interview is almost hard to listen to, and the sound during the 5 day event was tolerable at best. There is one huge mistake that is always always made: the input gain is always turned up too high. This interview is a very good example of that. Lower the input gain and raise the output level. In the days of analog tape you could push a signal into the red at input. With digital you have ZERO tolerance with input gain. Trim it down so your loudest sound just hits under the red, then crank your output gain to give the recorder the level it needs. Granted, Jasmine’s audio range is huge, like outside light, lol! For her I would seriously consider a compressor on her channel to limit the blasts and pull up the quiet spots (like a graduated ND filter… reduce the range to a manageable size.

Nonetheless, this event (and duChemin and Laforet) are mind-blowing good, you’ve got a great thing going there. I wish I lived in Seattle, I’d come and revamp your audio infrastructure gratis. ;-)

12. Enian September 7, 2010 at 10:09 am #

I am very inspired…Thanks for sharing this …

13. prada bags September 9, 2010 at 12:45 am #

Thank you for sharing the nice post with useful information.

14. Los Angeles Photographer Patrick Bowman September 9, 2010 at 9:53 am #

Those boots are rad :D Thanks again for CreativeLive and for bringing Jasmine Star :)

15. adam September 9, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

1:43:22
    I listened to the whole thing.
    She is the perfect storm of characteristics for a wedding photography.

16. Bernardo September 16, 2010 at 2:15 am #

Thanks for this interview, I enjoyed it and learned from it, BUT…. yes, the saturated audio makes the video hard to watch, you should really do something about it.

17. GregM September 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

Super informative. Really enjoyed 100% of the interview where Jasmine doesn’t laugh. I don’t mean to be disparaging, but JFC… wow, ear-piercing, esp w/ headphones at work. But I’m sure your staff and JS know this as well. I can’t be the first to comment on the LOL sonic booms.

18. Laurent September 21, 2010 at 11:04 am #

Those magazines are indeed excellent source of inspiration.
    Another great video, thank you Chase
    Vive la France

19. Stergios Ntikos September 25, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

That was a great program. Thank you.

20. appu prabhakar October 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

it would have been better if you had instructed her to keep her laugh a little low :) ….had to keep my hand on the volume control since the sound was varying so much. :)

21. Anonymous January 11, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

talk much?! but cool blog, chase

22. Beth Houston January 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

I haven’t watched it yet and I’m about to… I have to admit I was disappointed to see she has made her way into what I thought was a very respectable website. The bummer is that she has a wealth of info and talent, but her vanity FAR out-measures it. I almost can’t stand to press the play button for what I am sbout to experience,

• Beth Houston January 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

As I suspected…

23. Cordell Elizarraras April 4, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

One thing that needs to be implemented in highschool is personal finance. Simple budgeting and savings plans etc. A little less sewing, cooking, wood and metalwork and a lot more money managing for real life. Hell, that’s likely even more important than some of the other school subjects they teach in high school. I took an accounting degree in university and rather than forcing students to do X number of arts/social classes in the first two years (yes, i took anthropology, psychology, sociology and philosophy because i had to fill the credit requirements), students would be WAY better off to take some intro financial planning courses that they can apply to their current lives as students and down the road as parents/families etc. My wife has 3 sisters, all older than us and married, and I am constantly amazed at how poorly their household finances are handled. We’re talking about couples in their mid-thirties with two decent jobs struggling to make ends meet. My wife is a stay at home mom and I make less than $60,000 a year and we are doing loads better than family members with no kids and household incomes in excess of $70-80,000 per annum. It’s hard to have sympathy for these types of people, but the truth is they have no clue how to properly handle their money.One of the things that drives me nuts are those ppl who purposely take more off their paycheques so that they always get a tax refund. They are all so stoked about a $2,500 tax refund in April every year, but all they’ve done is given the gov’t a free loan for the year. I’d much rather owe a little bit than pay too much tax all year long to keep intact the psychological high of receiving a refund. Blows my mind how people don’t “get” it. Education in highschool and in the first 2 years of degree programs are key and need to be mandatory. Reply

24. Jeffrey Hoda November 18, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Hi there, I found your blog by way of Google while looking for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

25. Nyla Carota December 22, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

I read this post fully regarding the comparison of hottest and previous technologies, it’s awesome article.

26. Gayla Szitar June 23, 2013 at 11:00 pm #

My dream retirement is to in no way must deal using the cold of winter or heat of summer. An A-Frame in Vermont as well as a cottage by the sea near Savannah.

27. should i move to hawaii June 1, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe
    for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

28. Bernardoni@bing.com June 6, 2014 at 3:47 am #

You made some first rate factors there. I regarded on the internet for the problem and located most individuals will go along with together with your website.

29. Jackie Zelmar July 4, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

Undeniably believe that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest factor to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other folks think about issues that they plainly do not understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

1. Interview with Photog Penny DeLosSantos & Foodista.com's Barnaby Dorfman | Chase Jarvis Blog - September 6, 2010

[...] yesterday’s repost of Jasmine Star, I’ve had a giant volume of requests asking to repost THIS recent episode of chasejarvisLIVE [...]

2. The lawyer that became a photographer » Jelger Vitt Photography - December 3, 2011

[...] was until shortly after we got back from our trip. While watching an interview of wedding photographer Jasmine Star by Chase Jarvis, I heard her talk about how she quit law [...]

3. FUT 14 Coins - March 8, 2014

safe power leveling and gold…

My very own honest regret for not expressing gratitude to you sooner…