Mission Critical Gear [plus chasejarvis TECH video]

gearbag_chasejarvisIf you’ve been paying attention to my latest photo adventure play-by-play here online, then it needs little introduction. The short version is that I’ve been aboard the Pangaea sailing in the South China Sea (in typhoon season….) with renowned explorer Mike Horn. That said, the GEAR for my current project has been the subject of lots of your questions via my Twitter, Facebook and here on the blog, so I thought I’d give you a quick run down on the setup for this journey.

First of all, our “photo crew” is small. As in it’s just me. Actually–not entirely true–my manager Jerard is along as well, but he’s not a trained assistant or focused on gear or data. He is writing, shooting video, and occasionally acting as my support when we’re in the weeds. Suffice it to say, the normal support channels are trimmed down, as is our space to operate–since we’re in tight quarters on a boat, we’re limited to what we can “carry on” (in airplane terms)…so we each have a very small backpack carrying photo gear and a personal 20” roll aboard for 10 days worth of clothing (everything from out on the town to typhoon ready). The combination of the above required us to choose our minimal amount of gear very carefully…maintaining special attention to:

1. the task at hand (photo + video);
2. small, light, fast; and
3. redundancy/fortitude…we can’t afford to be without mission-critical gear

That said, click ‘continue reading’ below to check out what’s in our gear bags, a NEW chasejarvis TECH video of how we packed it all, corresponding links if you want to scope out the gear/specs online via B&H (affil), and some other stunning instruments that will pique your interest…

chasejarvis_pangaea _gear1

My gear bag. Very limited. Very light.

Bag one: Jarvis. (Primarily the still-photo bag)
_Nikon D3s. Bulletproof camera for stills and shoots 720 video. My fav. A workhorse.
_Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8 AF-S ED. Small spaces and lines of sight means we need some wide glass. Zoom lenses allows us to carry fewer lenses.
_Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 AF-S ED. Mid range zoom.
_Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 AF-S ED VR2. One of my favs.
_Nikon battery charger. Plus three D3s batteries in total.
_Petzel LED headlamp. Plenty of working in the dark.
_Array of SanDisk CF cards. Approx 15 cards ranging from 32 to 8GB.
_Apple 13” Macbook Pro. 2.5 DuoCore, 4gb RAM. 256gb solid state drive. Power cord. Loaded with the software goods. Aperture. Photoshop. FCP.
_LowePro Flipside 400 AW. Modified to accommodate the laptop. GREAT bag.

chasejarvis_pangaea1_gear 2

Jerards bag. (Not pictured 13 inch Macbook Pro)

Bag two: Jerard (Primarily the video bag)
_Nikon D7000 (x2). The new 1080p/16mp camera from Nikon. Not yet shipping, but I’ve got a couple
_Nikkor 24mm 1.4 AF-S ED. Gorgeous, fast glass.
_Nikkor 85mm 1.4 IF. More gorgeous fast glass
_Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 AF DX lens. All around zoom lens for flexibility and ease. The behind-the-scenes workhorse.
_Nikon SB-900 Flash.
_Vertical grip for D7000 (x1). No link avail at this time…
_Rode Stereo Mic. Complete with dead cat for wind noise reduction.
_Zacuto Z Finder. LCD magnifier to detect focus when shooting video.
_Nikon battery charger. Plus three D7000 batteries in total. (no link yet)
_Black Diamond Sprinter LED headlamp. Plenty of working in the dark for Jerard too.
_Array of SanDisk SD cards. Approx 15 cards ranging from 16 to 4GB.
_Apple 13” Macbook Pro. 2.26 DuoCore. 2gb RAM. 150gb hard drive. Power cord. Loaded with the software goods. Aperture. Photoshop.
_DaKine Mission photo pack. Jerard digs this bag.

Shared gear between both of our bags:
_G-tech 256gb SSD hard drives (x2). Given the amount of data we estimate shooting, this should suffice for Main and Backup copies of data.
_G-tech 500gb hard drive (x1). In case of overflow needs for the above setup.
_Sensor cleaning kit. For that pesky dust.
_Cables and adapters. FW 800, USB, iPhone, Macbook power. International plug kits. 3 of everything in case of problems.
_SanDisk card readers (x 2)
_Extra AA, AAA, and 9 volt lithium batteries.
_Other extras: Filters. Lens cloths. Headphones.

That’s the gear that I’m using. It’s specialized for this trip and it’s chosen carefully. And speaking of specialized…since many readers really get into the gear we use to make images–the precision engineering, the details, and all the thinking that goes into it–I thought it would be cool to call attention to some equipment Mike Horn calls “mission critical” for his expedition: his Panerai Luminor 1950 Pangaea Submersible Depth Gauge Watch and the additional Panerai equipment on his boat–barometer, hygrometer, and temperature gauges. Talk about engineering masterpieces…these are precision instruments and they are gorgeous.

mike_watch

chasejarvis_pangaea1_gauges

I’m relatively new to knowing Officine Panerai, but I’ve quickly developed a lot of respect for the brand, for their heritage, their manufacturing prowess, and their impressive support for Mike’s goals to make the world a better place. Panerai have built all of these essential tools specifically for Mike from the ground up. The gauges on board are crucial info for navigating the seas. And the watch? Check these specs: It’s been with him at 60 meters below the ocean surface and at at 8000 meters atop the Himalaya. It’s been to every continent with him, it’s survived dozens of hurricanes and tropical storms, deserts and icebergs, it’s circumnavigated the world more than 2 times already. It hasn’t left his wrist in over two years. And through all Mike adds, “It hasn’t lost even a single second.” Pretty remarkable.

So Nikon, ahem, you wanna make a Mike Horn edition D4? Or anybody out there worn your camera around your neck for 2 years straight? Didn’t think so.

Anyhow, here’s a chasejarvis TECH video..buried as a little easter egg for the hardcores… on how we packed this gear for our trip. I’m hoping you’ll devour the gear and the vid in this post and perhaps have some questions. Send them over via comments below.

86 Responses to Mission Critical Gear [plus chasejarvis TECH video]

1. Michael P October 11, 2010 at 7:55 am #

Thanks for sharing, Chase.

2. Volodymyr October 11, 2010 at 7:56 am #

Would you like to come to Ukraine? I can arrange a tour of the castles.

3. Lee Ramsden October 11, 2010 at 8:06 am #

Awesome as always!
    you boys certainly need to employ a british photographer like myself to equal the balance :0)

Thanks Chase, loving the posts, most interesting. and i like the fact you blog about gear you use and like, most seem to have a massive influence to post stuff that they are £££ influenced to use.

Lee

4. henry October 11, 2010 at 8:11 am #

So no tripod, or was everything handheld?

• Chase October 11, 2010 at 8:28 am #

everything was handheld, save a couple of video interviews you’ll see later. they were shot with a tripod that was available to us on the boat since mike is a photographer himself…

we needed to be light light light and fast….

5. Paul "pabloconrad" Conrad October 11, 2010 at 8:15 am #

Thanks for the head’s up Chase.

Personally, I used dead squirrels over dead cats for noise reduction. They seem much more efficient.

Thanks again

pablo

6. Kevin Wrenn Photography October 11, 2010 at 8:16 am #

Great stuff Chase. You are always considering your community! Thanks brother! We are due for a hang out soon!

7. BenjaminR October 11, 2010 at 8:24 am #

Dude! I WANT that D7000! :o

8. BenjaminR October 11, 2010 at 8:25 am #

Chase, I find it interesting you had no lighting packed in your bag.

• Chase October 11, 2010 at 8:27 am #

had the sb-900. d7000 has built in pop up to trigger, so in a pinch could have a two light system. keep in mind the spaces on a boat are VERY small…. no real need. plus it wasn’t really an artificial light sort of shoot….

• Frank Fuhrmeister October 11, 2010 at 6:45 pm #

If you’ve never traveled by boat its actually quite a hard concept to grasp. You packed ALL that and that didn’t even include clothes, like outerwear. I’m surprised.
        Save for the D7000 and that SUPER fast glass, I have a similar set-up. I never thought to have THAT many back up HDDs though.
        Did you end up utilizing the third HDD or was that just your saving grace?
        Props on the bag selection Jarard!

9. JerseyStyle Photography October 11, 2010 at 8:32 am #

Where’s the Dramamine?

Thanks for this!

10. Jao October 11, 2010 at 8:33 am #

It’s funny how what you call absolutely minimal is a dream outfit to most of us.

11. Deedee Thomas October 11, 2010 at 8:36 am #

Was about the external mic on the d7000 was it used to make this wonderful video?

12. Daniel Evan October 11, 2010 at 8:38 am #

Its funny that by far the most pricey piece of gear you have there is the Watch!

13. Toby October 11, 2010 at 8:46 am #

Ace!

What’s nice about this is that it might remind a few people out there of the ‘Gear Ain’t Everything Rule’.

The ‘Gear Ain’t Everything Rule’ states that “GEAR AIN’T EVERYTHING”… Doubtless you will post some fantastic images with what’s, realistically, quite a humble set up.

Next time I’d like to see you do it with disposables though… ;)

Best wishes,

Toby.

14. John Papa October 11, 2010 at 8:52 am #

That watch is enormous. You could probably fit a 55mm filter on that thing.

15. Bobby from Taipei October 11, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Hi Chase,

Can’t wait to see the video footage and pictures from your awesome trip!

16. Stephen J. Zeller October 11, 2010 at 9:02 am #

Chase, great to see you guys rockin’ the D7000. I really think Nikon hit a home run with this camera body and seeing you put it to use in the field further enforces the principle that the best gear is not directly proportional to the best images.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Stephen

17. Marshall October 11, 2010 at 9:14 am #

From the “pointless nitpicking” department: it’s “Petzl” with no second e.

My wallet breathes a sigh of relief that my wife doesn’t like really big watches like that (I know, it’s MY wrist, but still). But it is gorgeous.

Thanks as always for the interesting posts.

- Marshall

18. Chase October 11, 2010 at 9:18 am #

I was about to ask about a backup to the D3, but you have 2 D7000′s to rock as backup that would be capable.

Love the solid state drives, about to invest in a few.

Thanks for the love.

19. Torben Scharling October 11, 2010 at 9:26 am #

That’s one thick ass watch!

20. Brad Trent October 11, 2010 at 9:27 am #

Way to go, Chase….now on top of all the photo geeks who follow your blog, you’re gonna have the watch geeks…Paneristi’s specifically…checkin’ you out, too!

BT

21. Eli Leavitt Photography October 11, 2010 at 9:39 am #

I really enjoy the photojournalistic look to the images. It proves that you don’t necessarily need the most advanced wireless studio strobe system to produce great commercial advertising images. Great work.

22. Randy October 11, 2010 at 9:53 am #

Chase,
    I’d like to see the details on how you modified the LowePro Flipside 400 AW to fit the laptop into it. Any pictures?

Peace Out!
    randy

• fenix October 31, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

I think he means he just ran an xact-o knife (carpet cutter, scapel) along the bottom to pick up an extra inch or two.

23. Kim October 11, 2010 at 10:34 am #

What kind of controls are on the Rode mic? The tech specs say stereo mic. Can you control the volume and gain on it?

• Erik Hecht October 11, 2010 at 11:14 am #

There’s a -10db/0db gain toggle switch on it, but that’s it for level control. We just let the camera do AGC for behind the scenes stuff.

24. Mark D. October 11, 2010 at 10:40 am #

Chase,

I don’t do a lot of video shooting but when I, I cant seem to get as clear and sharp of video as you do. I am using a D90 which I is only 720p. Could you explain what you do to process and edit your videos for the web. Thanks for sharing.

25. Joshtacular October 11, 2010 at 11:27 am #

Thanks for the video. I only wish I had half of that gear and this is “packing light” for you!

26. Skunk October 11, 2010 at 11:53 am #

Chase et al, love the logistics type videos.

How is the AF working out on the D7000? I can’t wait for mine. Any performance increase with the battery grip on the D7000 (faster FPS?)?

What are you using to hold the flash? Crew members? Or on camera only?

27. Oleksandr Photography October 11, 2010 at 12:15 pm #

I think, Nikon could make a camera which you could wear for 2 years, but it will cost as much as that watch.

28. Sam October 11, 2010 at 12:43 pm #

the still bag looks a lot like mine. with the exception of the act that mine has lesser gear, a WD drive and a few other things. chase what did you guys do for power requirements or did you guys pack a lot of batteries?

29. Quentin October 11, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

Why haven’t you taken your underwater housing? There are some shots that aren’t possible withour it… and they often are the best ones when remembering the big storms and the “stress-moments”!

30. Sailor October 11, 2010 at 2:57 pm #

One question, and thanks for sharing!

Why is your skin so yellow in some parts – like the hand of the camera man, and your lower part of legs.. I suppose it’s some issue with the D7000…?

31. Pepper Perfect October 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm #

Awesome set-up, these are the projects I dream of doing. The Banksy laptop case is awesome too.

• Tyler October 14, 2010 at 10:48 am #

Banksy seconded!

32. Mondostic October 11, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

Thanks for this video, nice to see how light you pros can (or dare) go for something special like this.

33. David Disponett October 11, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

34. David Disponett October 11, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

Thanks Chase I really enjoy this stuff. I shoot canon but your video and blogs really help me out on what equipment I need and how to use it.

35. jeremy October 11, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

dying to get my d7000…question, are you shooting everything flat to then grade later in post, or is that just how the video looked normally?

• Chase Jarvis October 11, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

yes. we shoot it as flat as possible. the color grading you see in this vid is aweful becuasue it was me taking literally 5 seconds and moving two sliders (contrast and saturation) in iMovie while on an airplane ;)

in truth, i find a lot of latitude available in the d7000 for color work in post… just haven’t done it in these bts vids.

• jeremy October 12, 2010 at 3:57 am #

thanks Chase…the videos are super informative and awesome. PB says to shoot flat and grade in post, but if CJ is doing it than that makes it a must for me too. I mean, your the Nikon Philip bloom…sadly i don’t think you’ll be coming to Boston to do any $99 workshops anytime soon :-(

p.s. if you ever get 3:12 seconds i’de love for you to check out ( http://vimeo.com/14891878 ), shot with a d300s…

36. Veeral October 11, 2010 at 5:39 pm #

I’m surprised you used the MBP 13″ with 2GB to run Aperture and FCP. Life as a minimalist :-) Looking forward to seeing some stills from your trip.

• Chase Jarvis October 11, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

@veeral: actually the mbp that’s running aperture and FCP is the dual core 4gb ram with solid state 256gb hard drive. it’s a TON faster

• Ido October 14, 2010 at 12:13 pm #

is aperture workable on a 13″ mbp or is it just bearable?

37. iwan October 12, 2010 at 4:05 am #

hai chase, why didn’t you bring any micro lenses for this project?

38. Hafe October 12, 2010 at 6:43 am #

Sweet set for an amazing trip. Love the DaKine Mission in use, my wife used to work for DaKine. So I sent this along and don’t be shock to get a few packs in the mail!

Stay Gold!

39. Pablo G October 12, 2010 at 8:09 am #

Hello there, I have two questions:

1) Do you guys find as an important limitation the fact that the D7000 can’t shoot @ 25/30/60fps in 1080p, or 60fps @ 720p? To my understanding, you couldn’t work with the “must” format for TV commercials (30) or the slow motion shoots (50/60)…

2) Could you please recommend a basic lenses kit for filmmaking? Something below the $2,000 budget if possible…

Thanks!

40. Jay October 12, 2010 at 11:13 am #

So why the solid state drives for backup? More bomb proof than spinning disks? Faster transfer? Certainly not for the price/GB. LOL.

41. Uysy October 12, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

On the photo (and video as well) there’s first version of 70-200, you wrote you use the VRII version. Actually I’m quite surprised you still use the older one, as you have newest, top of the line gear, first of all, and so on :)

Great assignment. Many would sell their kidney for this, including me.

42. ~LewisFielding~ October 12, 2010 at 1:26 pm #

hey guys, just wondering how the standard hard drive MBP held up on the rocky ocean? trying to make a decision on whether to spend the extra on an SSD!
    Thanks!

43. Brian October 12, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

Hi Chase,
    Thanks for all of the info. Were you worried about backing up your files seeing as you could not separate your drives like you usually do as you were in the middle of the S.China Sea in a wet/damp environment. Did you take any other type precuations to ensure your/your clients files stayed safe?

44. Lenn Long October 12, 2010 at 9:09 pm #

Longtime BBC television documentary producer David Attenborough was famously known for always wearing a short sleeve light blue shirt and khahis. In a documentary he mentioned his choice of wardrobe was intentional. It improved the continuity of his video production, if he had to clip footage from several days together, and needless to say, it made packing a breeze.

45. Aj October 12, 2010 at 9:46 pm #

Is it just me or does that 70-200 look like the old VR I not the new VR II. I didn’t think the new one had the brass plate on top.

46. Richard October 12, 2010 at 11:51 pm #

You have got to be the busiest photographer that I follow regularly, and yet you are also the one who tweets and blogs the most, giving us all a glimpse into the goings on of a professional of your caliber. You rock so hard it’s ridiculous.

Also, kudos keeping your head on straight with all of the super gear specific questions and comments you receive. Somehow you even manage to answer most of those, knowing it’s not going to help anyone make better pictures.

47. Ben Madden October 13, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

Sailing during typhoon season..oooohhh…aaaaahhhhhh…the danger! Being forced to pack a limited wardrobe…..aaaarrrrrhhhh…the agony!

Jerard is shooting video, with new not-available-to-the-public cameras, a major manufacture who specifically requested the equipment be tested in rigorous conditions, responsible for video-documenting the whole dangerous (see above) agonizing (see above) journey, and he’s “not focused on gear or data”??

And, ‘specialized’ gear at that (“it’s specialized for this trip”). How do specialize an SB900 for typhoon season? Or a Sandisk CF card? (spray it with water repellent?) In what way are the lenses ‘specialized’ – I have those lenses and might want to ‘specialize’ mine.

You’re a good dude at heart, Chase. No need to dramatize.

48. Ben Madden October 13, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

Chase,
    I apologize for my earlier comment, except for the last sentence. I’m stressed big time this week and something got triggered. No excuse, though. It was childish.

49. Sebastian October 14, 2010 at 3:30 am #

Firs of your video I didn´t watch because of photography or gear aspects, but only for the most beautiful watches in the world. I love the Panerai Luminor. Hope I will have the extra coins for one someday. I am eagerly waiting for the pics and videos of the campaign!

50. Corey October 14, 2010 at 11:03 pm #

Lowepro shoul ngive you and endorsement deal. I went out and brought the flipside 400 making that bag #3 in my arsenal of lowepro bags. I also have the pro runner 450 aw for travel shoots when I need to lug my laptop and camera gear and I also own the flipside 200 for when i want to travel light. I saw this video and was like, “the 400 is a perfect everyday bag”! I work in and out of NYC so a good backpack is essential to have.

51. Fabian Gonzales October 17, 2010 at 12:38 am #

Hi Chase,

Nice walkthrough. But I have a question: what kind of card reader do you use? You show it to us briefly, but don’t mention what kind of reader it is.

- Fabian

52. Darryl October 19, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

Hey chase, what sort of cleaning kit/gear do you use/recommend?

53. Ask October 20, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

Interesting read! How do you like the new D7000? I have been considering trading in my D300s for a D7000 since it’s smaller and lighter, but afraid I’d regret it. Need it to work with old AIS.

54. Andreas October 21, 2010 at 11:33 pm #

Hi Chase,
    Did you slit the bag then patch it to add the extra space for the macbook?
    I’m thinking of doing the same, would save a lot of space.
    Andreas

55. Nabel November 9, 2010 at 3:59 am #

wow, Love those things :D

56. Thomas Locke Hobbs November 9, 2010 at 10:31 am #

Hi Chase,

I was wondering if you ever get nervous carrying around $10,000 in gear in your backpack. Have you ever shot in situations that you felt were unsafe? Do you have this gear insured? What precautions do you take to make sure nothing is stolen?

Thanks!
    Thomas

57. Walt H. November 23, 2010 at 6:28 am #

Ditto on the questions regarding the Fastpack modifications you made, would love to know how you accomplished the alterations without the inside of the pack badly fraying and falling apart. Do tell!

58. John December 17, 2010 at 11:43 am #

I also wonder how you modify your backpack to fit the 13 inch MBP. How to video will be very much welcome to some of us, checked out the flipside 400 AW and is a great back only missing the place for an MBP 13 inch.

59. Sam Jose Carpet Cleaning January 1, 2011 at 4:53 pm #

sup – nice blog, just searching some blogs, seems a reasonably nice platform you are applying. I’m currently using WordPress

60. Alvin January 11, 2011 at 12:30 am #

I love it. I shot mostly with primes but this year i’m looking at getting the new 70-200mm f2.8 VR2 as I only have the old version. Would love to watch you work one day and learn from you chase. You’re the reason I started shooting! ;)

61. Ronan February 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Hi, just my 2 cents comment : You took realy amazing gear with you, but didn’t you watch before what other sailor photographer (as the Volvo Ocean media crew members) took with them? If I remember Rick Tomlinson took 2 SLR one fisheye 16mm, one 20mm and one 80-200 to shoot everything on a 9 month circumnavigation race. Lastly Rick Deppe (american crew member on Puma) went with two D90, 10,5 fisheye, 12-24 and 70-200.
    Anyway, I’m realy impressed by what you do, and hope to be as good one day!

62. Craig April 21, 2011 at 6:50 am #

Hey Chase,

Great video!

I’m interested in your modification to the bag to fit the laptop…

Can you give me anymore information? Does it affect protection at all from weather/rain….

Seems like a great bag.

Craig

63. ustoryburchoutlets July 11, 2011 at 1:21 am #

thanks ,the post is so helpful.best wishes

64. lowepro camera backpack pro runner 200 aw August 15, 2011 at 7:54 am #

Good article and useful

65. cheap new backpack laptops for sale September 10, 2011 at 8:36 am #

Good article and useful:http://www.cheapnewlaptopsforsale.net/

66. Jay November 13, 2011 at 3:35 pm #

Hey Chase, love your no frills ‘mission critical’ approach in this video. Is it possible to see a new video in the future showing more of your custom ‘mods’ (especially the flipside 400), similar to the pelican laptop video. Love the way you think & work outside the box. Cheers from Australia.

67. Full Record July 31, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

Gday! I’m about to begin my own website and was wondering if you know where the best place to buy a website url is? I’m not even sure if that’s what its known as? (I’m new to this) I’m referring to “”. Exactly how do I go about obtaining one of these for the website I’m making? Thanks a lot

68. click reference August 21, 2014 at 11:19 pm #

Hey there I am so grateful I found your webpage, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Aol for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic b.

1. Chase Jarvis Breaks Down His Travel Gear For A Officine Panerai Shoot. » cinema5D news - October 11, 2010

[...] Click here for more details on Chase’s blog. swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.youtube.com/v/MCVdp0L_wVk&rel=0&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=0", "vvq-4892-youtube-1", "640", "360", "9", vvqexpressinstall, vvqflashvars, vvqparams, vvqattributes); Tags: chase jarvis, chase jarvis blog, cinema5D, dslr, HD DSLR, hdslr, jared abrams, nikon d7000, panerai, planed 5d, video dslrGo to forum discussion on this news GS_googleAddAdSenseService("ca-pub-0108639049343253"); GS_googleEnableAllServices(); GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-0108639049343253", "News_BOX"); GA_googleFetchAds(); GA_googleFillSlot("News_BOX"); GS_googleAddAdSenseService("ca-pub-0108639049343253"); GS_googleEnableAllServices(); GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-0108639049343253", "News_Skyscraper"); GA_googleFetchAds(); GA_googleFillSlot("News_Skyscraper"); Categories [...]

2. С видео на зеркалку | Sparky's WEB Blog | - October 14, 2010

[...] Отличный контент. Видео снято на новую фотокамеру NIKON “D7000″. Я не ошибся. Именно на зеркальную фотокамеру-гибрид. Теперь такие пишут и видео. Получается довольно профессионально и с минимальными затратами. Хотя идея не нова (Canon уже года 2 использует эту технологию), но всеравно, завораживает. Кстати, комплектация рюкзачков для такого рода экспедиции ( см. Видео), описана автором в его Блоге. [...]

3. Chase Jarvis Mission Critical Gear for Pangaea Trip | PHOTO VIDEO TUTS - October 21, 2010

[...] read more here [...]

4. The 60 Second Portrait of Mike Horn | Chase Jarvis Blog - December 21, 2010

[...] Mike from my Pangaea experience across the South China Sea with Panerai watches. [Lots of posts here, here, and here.] It was a life changing experience for me, and a good bit of it was getting to [...]

5. Uganda :: Packing & Farewell » claudia hung weddings | blog - March 11, 2011

[...] quite sick of all :)   Chase Jarvis did a great blog post with photo, video and gear list on his blog which I highly recommend!  I did a post on how and what I packed for my trip to Peru which covers [...]