Seattle 100 Official Launch: Book, Gallery, Website, chasejarvis LIVE

I’m excited and proud to officially announce today the launch of Seattle 100: Portrait of a City. This project–a photo, video, and ethnographic study–is the culmination of a 3-year long labor of love where I’ve identified more than 100 people who are driving culture in/around Seattle. If you’ve been following along here for the past few weeks, you’ve seen me writing and vlogging about it. Well, now it’s finally here. And like many of my projects, this is more of an ecosystem, comprised of several components…in this case a book, a gallery show, a website, and a live broadcast. Here’s a note on each:

The Book. Seattle 100: Portrait of City is a 10×10″, 240 page, hardback book. It’s an art book, a photographic study, a cultural ethnography and, in some ways, a unique guide to Seattle. Its aim is inspire discussion about not just Seattle, but about the role that art and culture play in driving any city. I’m donating 100% of my proceeds from this book to www.4culture.org. Buy here at Amazon for a mere $26.

The Gallery Show. It’s a 2 day-only “pop up” gallery show featuring 150 black & white prints on display–35 of which are stunning in size at 44×55”. The exhibit also features multimedia projection, video installations, and live internet broadcasts. If you’re in Seattle or surrounds, please come pay us a visit tomorrow or Saturday. I want to meet you. Books and prints on sale.

Friday, October 22nd 11:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, October 23rd 11:00am – 6:00pm

757 Thomas Street, Seattle, 98109 (corner of Thomas & Dexter in South Lake Union)

chasejarvisLIVE: Seattle 100. If you can’t attend the gallery opening in person, join me tomorrow, Friday, October 22 at 11am Seattle time (2pm in NYC) at http://www.chasejarvis.com/live. We’ll be broadcasting LIVE from the gallery and I’ll have 5 of the Seattle 100 people on the show, talking not just Seattle, but city culture in general. Please join us and tell your pals.

The Website. This is a cool–and substantial–extension of the project. A mix of photos, videos, and a ton of data–including all the spots in/around Seattle where culture is a-brewing, the things that Seattle 100 subjects think you should see and do in Seattle 100. I’m so excited about this part of things… This site is in beta now, but you’ll be able to enjoy nonetheless. Please check it out HERE at www.chasejarvis.com/seattle100. [And btw, this web project owes a huge debt of gratitude to our friends/genius peeps at The Superformula. Great guys – oozing with talent.]

Whew! It’s my hope that this project will create introspection and discussion; connect unlikely collaborators; inspire civic and cultural participation; raise funds for Seattle’s arts and culture programs; and celebrate the unique fabric that is unmistakably Seattle. More than anything, Seattle 100: Portrait of a City is an idea that our people, our communities, and our cities–Seattle or otherwise–actually matter.

hey attempt yet again but with slight changes i attempted initial recipe but in it use fresh lemon and include pinch of salt then adding all these light fuel in lower heat and stir with spoon until bubbles coming started in beginning for one particular min u can place in medium heat however the rest time you need to do in low heat and as bubbles began coming just do for 45 sec and switch it off and when it colll down very little bit use it as being a wax

Google says:

Adsense is actually a really great program for those who maintain blogs, as
blogs get updated all the time and the Adsense possibilities are almost limitless.
These pre-computed numbers, hold on in a very giant information bank for millions or URLs on the
net. Reputation Defense Online an around the world Cyber Investigation along with
Litigation Assistance Agency for Net Defamation, often receives inquiries from attorneys along with law enforcement agencies on the way to subpoena Google’s Legal Division.

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My website covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and also the rest of the website is extremely good.

Virgil says:

An invisible man marries an invisible woman

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you should publish more about this topic, it might not be a taboo matter but generally folks don’t speak about such subjects. To the next! All the best!!

I’ve been reading this blog to get a very good though. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing here.

Thanks representing sharing this same nice write-up. Same inspiring! (as forever, btw)

Carli Nagg says:

I located some data related to construction companies online that you might find an interest about.

Matthew says:

Really interested by this concept and love Chase’s work. Have just ordered a copy and looking forward to receiving it in a few days time. I’m over the pond in England and have no connection with Seattle,m other than a fleeting visit on a business trip. Looking forward to seeing Chase’s work around the concept he has created.

Sebastian says:

hi,

how did you manage your audio in the interviews? on camera mic? which one?
?

thx.

Erik Hecht says:

Hey Sebastian, we shot these interviews with a DSLR and captured the audio separately with a Sennheiser ME66 microphone recording to a Zoom H4n.

I just bought one! Hope I’ll enjoy it when it come! :)

ugg fashion says:

Friends,everyone maybe face to setbacks, but to be strong, come on, you will pull through

Mari Kadanik says:

Thank You Chase for the book! Bought it and got it. Saw it. The most important thing about You, Your creation is not how “good” You are or how good is Your gear, but that You are alive, You portrait life, people alive, in a lively manner. Being caring and interested about people around. That’s what I love about You.

Jack Fussell says:

I ordered it last week….and cannot wait to get my copy!

Chase, I REALLY REALLY like the way you edited these images.
It’s not only about the way you p’shopped them, it’s about the coherence between the way you lit them AND the way you edited the pics.

Any chance you might want to post the process on your blog? Please?

thanks for your generosity.

P.

Hey there Chase!!! Great job on the new book!!! Best of luck in your endeavors man! For the past few months I’ve been working on a similar project in my city, São Paulo (Brazil). I hope that someday I too will be able to publish a book with my photos! I highly appreciate your photography man! Good luck to us both!! Cheers!!!

Checked out the site, it’s pretty awesome. I like how people’s names highlight when you move over a category. I’ll have to get back on and stream the live broadcast today.

Bernard says:

I received mine yesterday !!! In paris, France.
Congrats, Chase, the book is GREAT !!!
Superb photos, fine words…

Bravo et merci mon Cher Chase !

Bernard

Will Foster says:

Wow, I just happened to visit your blog today, and I am excited that I don’t have any plans for the next two days. I could use the inspiration. I’ll have to spend some time in the gallery especially since it is just a few blocks from home!!

jo chase your lastname is spelled incorrectly on amazon in the german version so people are not going to find all of your books… just wanna let you know. they spelled it chase jaruis …

cu

go chase go
great stuff Mr. Chase (as Zack says) haha
hope to see this book around here in Chile

Sam says:

I WANT THIS BOOK!

Blake Murphy says:

Awesome, Can’t wait to get it!

Olaf says:

I guess I got lucky by already getting it delivered by Amazon early this week, to Germany.
Love it!

Jimmy B. says:

Man, wish I could be there for the party but that’s not gonna happen so I’m grateful for the live feed. Definitely excited about the book. Congrats man.

Hey Chase, any chance that this show will come to other major american cities? like chicago?
I just ordered my copy of the book and can’t wait…i’ll be watching the live broadcast too

gabe s says:

whats the song used in the vid? awesome book.

Erik Hecht says:

It’s an original piece of music by McKenze Stubbert (www.mckenziestubbert.com).

jeremy says:

I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in Washington state when i was in the army in the early ’90s, and it was just the most incredible magically places ever. We used to go into Seattle, hit all the spots, and … this makes me really really miss it.

Rufat Abas says:

Cool! Congratulations Chase!!!

Congrats Chase – I can’t wait to see what you’ve created!

Awesome, Can’t wait to get it!