Fraction Magazine: 100% of Print Sale Goes To Artist

Photo by Todd Walker via Fraction Magazine

Fraction Magazine today launched their annual Holiday Print Sale where, for between $30 and $100 bucks, you can purchase some pretty stunning original photographic art work. I got a DM from them this morning about the sale, went over and took a peek, and was positively struck by a lot of the work.

The hook? The hook is that there is no hook. 100% of the money goes direct to the artist. Just good clean livin there. The karma gods are smiling.

I was thinking that the gift of original artwork is a lovely gift and something you might consider giving over the holidays. Hope you find something you like. I love the shot in the thumbnail above by Todd Walker, and the couple others after the jump by Isa Leshko and Tom Richardson. Be sure to visit Fraction to see lots more and support artists over the holidays.

Love this photo….

Photo by Isa Leshko via Fraction Magazine

Photo by Isa Leshko via Fraction Magazine

And this is quite smart as well…

Photo by Tom Richardson via Fraction Magazine

[And, lastly, in case you're wondering, Fraction Magazine is an online magazine/brainchild of award winning photo editor David Bram, and Fraction J is co edited by Pulitzer-Prize winning photo editor Stella Kramer and Editor/photographer Jason Houston, and photographer/curator David Bram. It was created to "establish a new venue for documentary photography and photojournalism". Me thinks they're doing a nice job.]

12 Responses to Fraction Magazine: 100% of Print Sale Goes To Artist

1. Adam Mayfield November 23, 2010 at 10:10 am #

Either you rock or you suck!

That’s awesome! Personally I think I rock but I’m sure some would differ. Now that we actually have some snow, I’m starting to take my holiday/winter photos. Not a fan of the cold but love the snow.

2. Rikki D. Dy-Liacco November 23, 2010 at 10:14 am #

LOL! Love that dude’s shirt! “Either you rock or you suck!”

True photojournalism at its best! Thanks for sharing!

3. jetgreen1 November 23, 2010 at 10:20 am #

Looks like my man may have “Rocked” it one too many times!..Gotta leave some room to suck.

4. Thom Gourley November 23, 2010 at 10:39 am #

Wow! That’s amazing, Chase! Thanks for posting this. I’ll definitely bookmark their site!

5. Blake Murphy November 23, 2010 at 10:54 am #

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing Chase.

6. david bram November 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm #

First, I am seriously grateful for this post and the attention. Thank You.

But I need to correct some info (see above):

” And, lastly, in case you’re wondering, Fraction Magazine is an online magazine/brainchild of award winning photo editor David Bram.

Fraction J is co-edited by David Bram, Pulitzer-Prize winning photo editor Stella Kramer and Editor/photographer Jason Houston. It was created to “establish a new venue for documentary photography and photojournalism”. Me thinks they’re doing a nice job. ”

david bram

7. Tim Skipper November 23, 2010 at 12:37 pm #

Very cool. Will have to check them out.

8. Meredith Phillips November 23, 2010 at 9:08 pm #

I like “The Wave” from Isa Leshko!

9. Jon DeVaul November 24, 2010 at 9:20 pm #

I love the first shot by Todd Walker, but the shirt “rocks”

10. Zachary Riley December 2, 2010 at 2:16 am #

“either you rock or you suck” t-shirt shown is a Blackbird Studios [Nashville, TN] shirt and is super-cool. Some have the saying on the back, BB logo on front and small on the cuff of the [short] sleeve, and some don’t have the saying on the back. I’d love to get my hands on one of those, trying to get on from a friend of mine who has a connection.

11. san diego listings December 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

You raise a lot of questions in my head; you wrote an excellent post, but this post is also mind provoking, and I will have to think about it a bit more; I will return soon.

12. Graham Wynne December 6, 2010 at 12:15 pm #

What a great initiative – a rare good news story with no catch. The t-shirt is awesome too!