In Case You Missed it: Jeremy Cowart on Chase Jarvis LIVE [Rewatch]

If you missed the Jeremy Cowart episode of chasejarvisLIVE last week–bummer cause it was a really good one. LOTs of good info about the struggles involved in turning pro. Gear talk, starting your business, agents, stories of the lean times, amazing gigs and more. And here’s some good news: the above YouTube vid is a rewatch of that broadcast.

Jeremy is a great photographer and a uber-talented, hardworking and humble guy. And he’s very articulate. Watching/listening him share his experiences, wisdom, vision, etc is a great way to spend your time. Enjoy

22 Responses to In Case You Missed it: Jeremy Cowart on Chase Jarvis LIVE [Rewatch]

1. Dude December 10, 2010 at 10:44 am #

Great video but what’s up with the sound?!

• Mon December 10, 2010 at 5:02 pm #

its probably his lapel mic. the wires act up when they are bended a lot.

2. Dwayne D.C. Tucker December 10, 2010 at 10:46 am #

Watched it live it was pretty good; learned a lot! Chase honestly that live Ustream is the best thing you’ve offered, thank you. Someday soon I’ll be sitting in that chair there with you talking and inspiring the world. Would be awesome if we set it up in Bahamas..but let’s wait until I grow a little more and I have something as interesting as JC. Get at me in a few months. haha

Keep on grinding to the both of you!

DT.
    DwayneTucker.com
    Follow Me On Twitter, if you don’t: @DwayneTucker
    Miami, Florida | Nassau, Bahamas

3. Steven Geer December 10, 2010 at 10:47 am #

Great stuff and insight- Thanks for sharing!

4. Steve December 10, 2010 at 11:54 am #

Thank you for this video, Chase and Team Chase! Agree with “Dude” above that the sound has some glitches but, let’s face it – audio is super hard. Thanks for uploading this resource.

5. Taylor Tupy December 10, 2010 at 12:12 pm #

This whole video really hit home with me. Thank you!

6. Will December 10, 2010 at 12:30 pm #

Thanks to you both CJ and JC…see what I did there ? :)

Amazing as always guys, inspiring words for the new generation. Love it.

Keep on truckin’

7. Brian C December 10, 2010 at 12:58 pm #

Thanks Chase! I actually went to your YouTube channel on Wed night hoping the interview with Jeremy would be there. I purchased his CreativeLive weekend which I am still going through and now look forward to enjoying your interview tonight with a cold beer. Greatly appreciated.
    Brian

8. J.W. Ramp December 10, 2010 at 1:56 pm #

Just tuning in and love that this got posted, but yeah – what’s up with the horrible static? It’s really painful…

9. J.W. Ramp December 10, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

Oh well – it got better into the video. I’ve met both of these guys and it’s great to see them together and bouncing off each other. I think Chase can tell that there’s something different about Jeremy and his heart for giving.

10. Adam Oldham December 10, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

” If your not shooting, it’s impossible to score” – Chase Jarvis

I love that you point that out because even in our businesses we should be keeping a score card because if your not keeping score then you may as well be just out there kicking the ball around the park with your mates. By knowing what your capabilities are as a photographer then you know where you are in the game and you will only find out your true capabilities by practicing and expressing what you see.

Adam

11. Mon December 10, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

Wow. This was great to watch. It was awesome hearing two passionate photographers talk about the art of taking pictures and life. I love the fact that money or fame is not the motive, but instead to see others reach their full potential. Thank you for being generous. Great advice on all subjects.

12. Chris December 10, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

Thanks guys. so refreshing to be presented with an honest and upfront insight into the daily life. I work hard, and knock it out every day, making pictures and keeping it as real as i can.

really moved by your Haitian work, Jeremy. fair play.

13. vallord December 12, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Thanks for posting this. After watching, I mostly want to thank you both for being advocates of sharing knowledge and making photography a medium for all. There are still a lot of folks out there who are afraid of sharing.

Since I was lucky enough to be in Seattle so I could help out at the local Help Portrait event, I wanted to share a couple of things that demonstrate the power of what both of you are doing.

First and foremost, it was amazing to see people’s energy shift between entering and leaving the studio. Seeing people’s surprise and delight when they realized we had hair and make up people on hand was great. The magic though, was watching Jeremy connect with people. He has an amazing way of putting people at ease and calming nerves. Some folks were at first uncomfortable and questioning why anyone would be making such a fuss over them. More than once I saw him personally telling people why he started the project and assuring them that the photos were for them alone. Those personal interactions really helped people relax and have some fun.

Throughout the day I was talking to one of the other volunteers who insisted she wasn’t a photographer because she didn’t have the ‘right’ gear. She showed me the photos on her iphone and they were amazing. I was telling her how I was partly inspired by Chase’s BestCam app to do my Friday Postcard Project and filled her in on all the killer stuff Creativelive is doing. I’m hoping she pursues her passion with or without the gear.

Thanks again to you both for promoting the spirit of doing what you love.

14. James Green December 15, 2010 at 3:37 am #

I love both of these guys! Jeremy’s life is a great and inspirational example!

15. aaron dixon December 15, 2010 at 10:12 am #

Wow!
    Thank you for sharing Chase and Jeremy.
    I cant say enough how inspiring and empowering it is to hear form the professionals what it takes to make it to the top, and how to continually push new levels of creativity.
    It is alway refreshing to know that there is always more to learn.
    Thank you for all you share and do.

16. Mr.J.Edwards December 29, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

How to dress like a photographer, see Jeremy C. in a scarf:

17. Ger Leahy January 1, 2011 at 6:32 am #

Oh man it was going good untill he brought up Bono and what a great guy he is and how he is using his music to highlite other stuff

Bono is an ass he moved most of the bussiness out of Ireland to avoid paying tax this guy is purely driven by his own greed for money and an over inflated ego ,u take u money and stuff out of Ireland at a time when the country is going down the tubes.

What an example u are to the young people of Ireland another ordinary guy who forgot his roots and where he came from so bono stop preaching to the world u greedy ass hole . Or maybe if u can cancell so much of the worlds debt what can u do for u own country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over

Ger

18. Shanti Chervin November 29, 2012 at 6:10 am #

I think that I use that awesome post to my homework :)

1. Week #5– Fear and the Creative / 5D Mark II Filming Basics « ACCD Working Photographer II - February 18, 2011

[...] Jeremy Cowart Interview with Chase Jarvis [...]

2. Austin Help-Portrait annual charity portrait & head shot founded by Jeremy Cowart - December 13, 2011

[...] never forget. I took part in the event in Austin Texas on Saturday December 10th after watching a video interview of founder Jeremy Cowart by photographer Chase [...]

3. Austin Help-Portrait annual charity portrait & head shot founded by Jeremy Cowart - December 13, 2011

[...] never forget. I took part in the event in Austin Texas on Saturday December 10th after watching avideo interview of founder Jeremy Cowart by photographer Chase [...]