Chase Jarvis LIVE Re-Watch: a convo with Vincent Laforet

How to succeed as a creative. How to fail. How to translate stills to video. Gear. Insight. Fear. Challenge. Agents, education and more. Your questions and mine answered. If you missed–or want to re-watch–the recent LIVE broadcast of chasejarvisLIVE: a conversation with Vincent Laforet, here’s an edited 35 minute version for your perusal.

The full 90-minute version of the original live broadcast, featuring extra Q&A, is available via our new audio-only podcast. Click here to check it and/or subscribe.

And if you want to see Vincent in action during his recent creativeLIVE workshop, you can pickup the entire class – about 20 hours of high quality education content – check it out here: HDdSLR: Moving from Stills to Video with Vincent Laforet.

Happy weekend.

private investigator greece

Vicente says:

This web site is certainly as a substitute helpful considering that I’m with all the second developing an online floral site inspite of the fact that I’m only commencing out being a result it is truly relatively little, nothing in the least similar to this net site. Can website url to some from the posts appropriate here because they are fairly. Many thanks considerably. Zoey Olsen

Jaime Guevin says:

maybe my letters are heading to Steve C!

bracken says:

awesome ! sound volume is up and down abit?, you photo guys still haven’t nailed audio.

Great interview and advice and useful reflection about photography.

eco_bach says:

Great video. While I agree that taking a hands off approach may be necessary to keep the bigger creative vision, I think this is purely dependent on the particular individual, project and team members.
For people just starting out, ‘never wanting to edit’ is usually NOT an option. I see nothing wrong with directors taking on the role of editor even on larger projects, IF they have the technical ability and want to invest their time in energy there. Pretty sure the Coen brothers would not want to give up their role as editors…

Great video. Very informative. Interesting to hear things straight from “superstars”.

Stephen says:

Great stuff Chase.

fas says:

Amazing intro and very enlightening.

Casey says:

Thanks — a good convo. But that hat has GOT to go… it makes you look like a Smurf. I like Smurfs, but somehow I doubt that is the look you were after.

Scott MacKenzie says:

Man…I’ve spent the last six months so steeped in the technical aspects, I have Almost forgotten why I started in the first place. I Really Needed to see this. Thanks incalculably!

Dan Kaufman says:

On the backside of your iPads…the chaseJarvis Live typograohic logo…do it in reverse as a mirror image…just like when you see an AMBULANCE in your rear view mirror.
(the devil is in the details.)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new intro sequence!!! I watched this live but its good that you uploaded the video for the times when i need to listen to people I look up to for inspiration

Mark says:

Random question, but what iPad case you using?

Willem Zwaan says:

Very inspirational!

Matt Lange says:

Hey guys thanks so much for answering my question at 16:43. Very helpful and a pleasure to hear the insight from two of the greats!

Matt

Mike Folden says:

Dude! The new intro is super dope!

DanielKphoto says:

Watched it live :) It was a lot of fun and very interesting as usual!