Chase Jarvis LIVE Re-Watch: a convo with Vincent Laforet

How to succeed as a creative. How to fail. How to translate stills to video. Gear. Insight. Fear. Challenge. Agents, education and more. Your questions and mine answered. If you missed–or want to re-watch–the recent LIVE broadcast of chasejarvisLIVE: a conversation with Vincent Laforet, here’s an edited 35 minute version for your perusal.

The full 90-minute version of the original live broadcast, featuring extra Q&A, is available via our new audio-only podcast. Click here to check it and/or subscribe.

And if you want to see Vincent in action during his recent creativeLIVE workshop, you can pickup the entire class – about 20 hours of high quality education content – check it out here: HDdSLR: Moving from Stills to Video with Vincent Laforet.

Happy weekend.

17 Responses to Chase Jarvis LIVE Re-Watch: a convo with Vincent Laforet

1. DanielKphoto March 18, 2011 at 9:26 am #

Watched it live :) It was a lot of fun and very interesting as usual!

2. Mike Folden March 18, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Dude! The new intro is super dope!

3. Matt Lange March 18, 2011 at 11:53 am #

Hey guys thanks so much for answering my question at 16:43. Very helpful and a pleasure to hear the insight from two of the greats!

Matt

4. Christopher Cauble March 18, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Awesome new intro!

5. Willem Zwaan March 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

Very inspirational!

6. Mark March 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm #

Random question, but what iPad case you using?

7. diala chinedu March 18, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new intro sequence!!! I watched this live but its good that you uploaded the video for the times when i need to listen to people I look up to for inspiration

8. Dan Kaufman March 18, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

On the backside of your iPads…the chaseJarvis Live typograohic logo…do it in reverse as a mirror image…just like when you see an AMBULANCE in your rear view mirror.
    (the devil is in the details.)

9. Scott MacKenzie March 18, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Man…I’ve spent the last six months so steeped in the technical aspects, I have Almost forgotten why I started in the first place. I Really Needed to see this. Thanks incalculably!

10. Casey March 19, 2011 at 12:26 am #

Thanks — a good convo. But that hat has GOT to go… it makes you look like a Smurf. I like Smurfs, but somehow I doubt that is the look you were after.

11. fas March 19, 2011 at 6:37 am #

Amazing intro and very enlightening.

12. Stephen March 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

Great stuff Chase.

13. Mario Babiera March 22, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

Great video. Very informative. Interesting to hear things straight from “superstars”.

14. eco_bach March 25, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

Great video. While I agree that taking a hands off approach may be necessary to keep the bigger creative vision, I think this is purely dependent on the particular individual, project and team members.
    For people just starting out, ‘never wanting to edit’ is usually NOT an option. I see nothing wrong with directors taking on the role of editor even on larger projects, IF they have the technical ability and want to invest their time in energy there. Pretty sure the Coen brothers would not want to give up their role as editors…

15. James Wood - United By Photography October 4, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

Great interview and advice and useful reflection about photography.

16. bracken January 4, 2012 at 9:54 am #

awesome ! sound volume is up and down abit?, you photo guys still haven’t nailed audio.

1. Chase Jarvis Talks w Pulitzer Photographer Vincent Laforet | Chase Jarvis Blog - September 1, 2011

[...] To watch this conversation in video from a recent chasejarvis LIVE go here. [...]