Broadcasting LIVE PhotoShoot on Wednesday 4/27 – We Are Augustines

UPDATE: If you’re reading this now, the live broadcast is TODAY. 11am Seattle Time, 2pm NYC, 7pm London, 8pm Paris and… on it goes. Hoping some of the hardcores from Asia and Down Under can stay up to catch the show! http://www.chasejarvis.com/live

Yep. You read that headline correctly – chasejarvisLIVE is coming at you again this Wednesday 4/27 at 11am Seattle Time (GMT -8) and this episode is a doozie. Live photoshoot + live concert. You are invited – please tune in to www.chasejarvis.com/live.

For starters, my guest on the show is one of my favorite emerging bands, We Are Augustines. This talented & hardworking Brooklyn-based trio is not to be missed. I latched onto them via a good friend of mine John Richards – a tastemaking KEXP DJ from Seattle who was the first to play half of the music on your ipods right now. We Are Augustines have an amazing sound, an incredibly moving story behind the band, and we’re catching these guys as a groundswell brews around them… In short, you can see them first here.

We’ll kick off the show with our tell-all Q&A/interview fused with an intimate 3 or 4 song set. From there, we’ll break right into a LIVE photoshoot. I’ll be shooting promotional materials for the band–multiple sets, natural and studio lighting, casual, informal, and experimental. There is no “client”. Just me and the band. Watch the set building, the styling, the shooting, the digital asset management, the gear, all of it. And you’ll be able to ask questions of anybody and everybody on set-–all 20 of us–-via my twitter handle (@chasejarvis) and using hashtag #cjlive. UPDATE: BTW, assuming the band are cool with it, I’ll be giving away some signed Polaroid prints that I shoot that day. Have to watch live to pick up one of those.

Who: You, Me, & We Are Augustines
What: An intimate concert + LIVE photoshoot. And taking your questions the whole time via twitter
When: this coming Wednesday, April 27th at 11:00am Seattle time (2pm NYC or GMT -8)
Where: visit www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free.

Wanna see more about the band I’ll be photographing? Watch the video trailer after the jump…

We Are Augustines – Rise Ye Sunken Ships EPK from Matteo Bava on Vimeo.

Great vid from Matteo here!

Come one, come all. The more the merrier – see you on Wednesday.

David says:

Awesome post. This was very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff says:

Chase, I just discovered We Are Augustines through the audiocast. Truly inspired and LOVE the music.

I would like to see the video playback as this was all last week. Can you post something? I would like to watch the video.

Thanks!

David says:

Is it possible to watch a replay of this shoot? I was not able to catch it live, and I hope I didn’t completely miss out!

Amazing… some things change your life… and this was one of them…

Chase + Crew and We Are Augustines… I Thank you for the combo blast of talent and inspiration.

Costas says:

After watching every minute of the live photoshoot, It is clear that Chase is really pasionate about his work.
These live events are not something that he does half-heartedly just as a self-promotion tool. If he did it like that, it would show.

I also find interesting that he is not “ashamed” to work with natural light or a very simple strobe setup. I have seen many commercial photo shoots that use an outrageous overkill of lights, stands, gobos, monitors, cameras, lenses and assistants, just to create a feeling of “professionalism” and “justifiied big bucks spending”. Photography is about the final image, not about the time and effort it takes you to arrive there. It shouldn’t matter if it takes you five minutes or five days, but many photographers feel that they should put together a circus act at every commercial shoot, only to justify their fee…

Marian Majik says:

Chase, you’ve done great work… thank you very much for sharing !

kjfoto says:

why aren’t my tweets showing up in the cjlive window? to i need to sign up or follow or something? I’m a complete twitter n00b. thanks!

David Johnson says:

CHASE, YOU GOTTA SEE THIS
video shoot … what a concept !!!

John says:

This is brilliant – can’t wait to see what spins out of this!

jake scott says:

Will it be podcasted later for us cant watch it due stuff like classes

Jennifer says:

I can not wait! It will be fun!

Mathieu Wauters says:

Woot, I’ll finally be able to make it!

Aputure says:

Man, why do I always miss these things! Ha.

Chase You are the Man! :)
Postponed everything scheduled tomorrow!
See you 2rw!

Darko says:

Hey chase, will it be available through iphone streams (ustream app)? And how long, by your opinion) you think it will last.
If im able to stream it while on the road i wont miss a second, and if not then i will tune in around. 12.

Chase says:

yes – it will be avail thru ustream app and/or at low bandwidth. follow my twitter feed and facebook for details.

no telling how long it will go…. ;) hope you tune in.

I am already starting to love the music of the band, I can’t imagine how much I will love the shoot, will it be recorded for later show ???

Andy says:

Awesome! Tomorrow is a Holiday in South Africa! One question, what is the minimum recommended broadband speed? Is there a Good, Normal, Rubbish quality option for us slow folks?

Chris Gibson says:

Sounds great! But as others, im gutted that I will miss some of it :( How long will it go on for? Will miss the first 2 hours :( Oh how school sucks!

fas says:

I hope I can catch it, coz travelling and catching is difficult due to poor internet stream speed.

bimal nair says:

This sounds awesome!!! Chase! you are going to give me another sleepless night in addition to Zack who is folding up his sleeves to eat up the complete weekend. Buhahaha! Let it come! i cant ask for more :)

I’m stoked…I’m free from work that day!!!

Marco Orozco says:

Chase You Rock Man!!! I’ll be watching your shooting from Guadalajara, Mexico. You’re a great inspiration and thanks for sharing this with us!!! Can’t wait!!!

Abhi says:

Hello Chase, Is this in Brooklyn,NYC? If yes, could you reply my tweet :) (@abhiinamdar)

Best,
Abhi.

Chase says:

the shoot is in seattle… but i’ll be in nyc in may ;) chase jarvis SOCIAL coming your way soon.

Abhi says:

Damn! nice.

JustinD says:

Can’t wait

jose says:

It would be sweet if there was a bigger live audience, especially for those of us that live in the Seattle area, hint hint.

jose says:

It would be sweet if there was a bigger live audience, especially for those of us that live in the Seattle area.

justinchando says:

awesome!! really hoping for non black and white for the photoshoot just like the original CJ LIVE!!
who cares about how the color or lighting looks in the livestream… it is free after all ;)
thanks.

Chase says:

the q/a and concert will be in b+w. the photoshoot will be in color.

Buchholdt says:

Looking forward to it :-)

J Rainey says:

Wahoo! This plus Champions League semi’s this week?! Can’t wait!!

Luke B says:

Wow, that sounds like it’s going to be amazing. Please tell me it will be posted, like all the other cj live videos, for those of us not fortunate enough to take off work.

-Luke

Scott in AZ says:

OH… Hell yes!!! I’ve gotta just say, Chase… you rock.

Isaac Hinds says:

AWESOME! Love, love, love music – especially acoustic versions. Will definitely tune in. The video you posting is moving and provides meaning behind the music.

Thanks for giving back to the community!

Isaac

Gabe S says:

Cant wait for this. This is gonna be great

Vuoko Vuorinnen says:

will it be recorded so I can view it later? I won’t be able to see the first half hour because of work

Jeff LC P says:

I would also like to know if it will be recorded!

Unfortunately I have to miss all of it due to work. :(

Chase says:

I recommend tuning is right when you get out of work. There will be no re-broadcast of the entire show – only some select edits, and not sure about when we’ll be able to get those up. Plus when you tune in live you can participate in asking questions, etc.

See you on Wednesday!

Chase Jarvis says:

there will be ONE full rewatch starting at 10pm seattle time today (GMT -8). visit http://www.chasejarvis.com/live

Brice Ferré says:

Awesome, thanks Chase, I’ll be there.
B.

Mina says:

Fabulous idea, :) I’ve loved We Are Augustines for awhile. I think there’s something to be said for such candid, honest musicians. I’m rooting for them. Wish I could be there.