Broadcasting LIVE PhotoShoot on Wednesday 4/27 – We Are Augustines

UPDATE: If you’re reading this now, the live broadcast is TODAY. 11am Seattle Time, 2pm NYC, 7pm London, 8pm Paris and… on it goes. Hoping some of the hardcores from Asia and Down Under can stay up to catch the show! http://www.chasejarvis.com/live

Yep. You read that headline correctly – chasejarvisLIVE is coming at you again this Wednesday 4/27 at 11am Seattle Time (GMT -8) and this episode is a doozie. Live photoshoot + live concert. You are invited – please tune in to www.chasejarvis.com/live.

For starters, my guest on the show is one of my favorite emerging bands, We Are Augustines. This talented & hardworking Brooklyn-based trio is not to be missed. I latched onto them via a good friend of mine John Richards – a tastemaking KEXP DJ from Seattle who was the first to play half of the music on your ipods right now. We Are Augustines have an amazing sound, an incredibly moving story behind the band, and we’re catching these guys as a groundswell brews around them… In short, you can see them first here.

We’ll kick off the show with our tell-all Q&A/interview fused with an intimate 3 or 4 song set. From there, we’ll break right into a LIVE photoshoot. I’ll be shooting promotional materials for the band–multiple sets, natural and studio lighting, casual, informal, and experimental. There is no “client”. Just me and the band. Watch the set building, the styling, the shooting, the digital asset management, the gear, all of it. And you’ll be able to ask questions of anybody and everybody on set-–all 20 of us–-via my twitter handle (@chasejarvis) and using hashtag #cjlive. UPDATE: BTW, assuming the band are cool with it, I’ll be giving away some signed Polaroid prints that I shoot that day. Have to watch live to pick up one of those.

Who: You, Me, & We Are Augustines
What: An intimate concert + LIVE photoshoot. And taking your questions the whole time via twitter
When: this coming Wednesday, April 27th at 11:00am Seattle time (2pm NYC or GMT -8)
Where: visit www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free.

Wanna see more about the band I’ll be photographing? Watch the video trailer after the jump…

We Are Augustines – Rise Ye Sunken Ships EPK from Matteo Bava on Vimeo.

Great vid from Matteo here!

Come one, come all. The more the merrier – see you on Wednesday.

48 Responses to Broadcasting LIVE PhotoShoot on Wednesday 4/27 – We Are Augustines

1. Mina April 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm #

Fabulous idea, :) I’ve loved We Are Augustines for awhile. I think there’s something to be said for such candid, honest musicians. I’m rooting for them. Wish I could be there.

2. Brice Ferré April 25, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Awesome, thanks Chase, I’ll be there.
    B.

3. Vuoko Vuorinnen April 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

will it be recorded so I can view it later? I won’t be able to see the first half hour because of work

• Jeff LC P April 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

I would also like to know if it will be recorded!

Unfortunately I have to miss all of it due to work. :(

• Chase April 25, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

I recommend tuning is right when you get out of work. There will be no re-broadcast of the entire show – only some select edits, and not sure about when we’ll be able to get those up. Plus when you tune in live you can participate in asking questions, etc.

See you on Wednesday!

4. Gabe S April 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Cant wait for this. This is gonna be great

5. Isaac Hinds April 25, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

AWESOME! Love, love, love music – especially acoustic versions. Will definitely tune in. The video you posting is moving and provides meaning behind the music.

Thanks for giving back to the community!

Isaac

6. Scott in AZ April 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

OH… Hell yes!!! I’ve gotta just say, Chase… you rock.

7. Luke B April 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Wow, that sounds like it’s going to be amazing. Please tell me it will be posted, like all the other cj live videos, for those of us not fortunate enough to take off work.

-Luke

8. J Rainey April 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Wahoo! This plus Champions League semi’s this week?! Can’t wait!!

9. Buchholdt April 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

Looking forward to it :-)

10. justinchando April 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

awesome!! really hoping for non black and white for the photoshoot just like the original CJ LIVE!!
    who cares about how the color or lighting looks in the livestream… it is free after all ;)
    thanks.

• Chase April 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

the q/a and concert will be in b+w. the photoshoot will be in color.

11. jose April 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

It would be sweet if there was a bigger live audience, especially for those of us that live in the Seattle area.

12. jose April 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

It would be sweet if there was a bigger live audience, especially for those of us that live in the Seattle area, hint hint.

13. JustinD April 25, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

Can’t wait

14. Abhi April 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

Hello Chase, Is this in Brooklyn,NYC? If yes, could you reply my tweet :) (@abhiinamdar)

Best,
    Abhi.

• Chase April 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

the shoot is in seattle… but i’ll be in nyc in may ;) chase jarvis SOCIAL coming your way soon.

• Abhi April 25, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

Damn! nice.

15. Marco Orozco April 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

Chase You Rock Man!!! I’ll be watching your shooting from Guadalajara, Mexico. You’re a great inspiration and thanks for sharing this with us!!! Can’t wait!!!

16. diala chinedu April 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

I’m stoked…I’m free from work that day!!!

17. bimal nair April 26, 2011 at 3:26 am #

This sounds awesome!!! Chase! you are going to give me another sleepless night in addition to Zack who is folding up his sleeves to eat up the complete weekend. Buhahaha! Let it come! i cant ask for more :)

18. fas April 26, 2011 at 5:36 am #

I hope I can catch it, coz travelling and catching is difficult due to poor internet stream speed.

19. Chris Gibson April 26, 2011 at 7:56 am #

Sounds great! But as others, im gutted that I will miss some of it :( How long will it go on for? Will miss the first 2 hours :( Oh how school sucks!

20. Andy April 26, 2011 at 9:22 am #

Awesome! Tomorrow is a Holiday in South Africa! One question, what is the minimum recommended broadband speed? Is there a Good, Normal, Rubbish quality option for us slow folks?

21. Puneet Dembla April 26, 2011 at 10:30 am #

I am already starting to love the music of the band, I can’t imagine how much I will love the shoot, will it be recorded for later show ???

22. Darko April 26, 2011 at 10:57 am #

Hey chase, will it be available through iphone streams (ustream app)? And how long, by your opinion) you think it will last.
    If im able to stream it while on the road i wont miss a second, and if not then i will tune in around. 12.

• Chase April 26, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

yes – it will be avail thru ustream app and/or at low bandwidth. follow my twitter feed and facebook for details.

no telling how long it will go…. ;) hope you tune in.

23. Venura Herath April 26, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

Chase You are the Man! :)
    Postponed everything scheduled tomorrow!
    See you 2rw!

24. Aputure April 26, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

Man, why do I always miss these things! Ha.

25. Mathieu Wauters April 27, 2011 at 5:30 am #

Woot, I’ll finally be able to make it!

26. Jennifer April 27, 2011 at 5:36 am #

I can not wait! It will be fun!

27. jake scott April 27, 2011 at 9:57 am #

Will it be podcasted later for us cant watch it due stuff like classes

28. John April 27, 2011 at 10:26 am #

This is brilliant – can’t wait to see what spins out of this!

29. David Johnson April 27, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

CHASE, YOU GOTTA SEE THIS
    video shoot … what a concept !!!

30. kjfoto April 27, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

why aren’t my tweets showing up in the cjlive window? to i need to sign up or follow or something? I’m a complete twitter n00b. thanks!

31. Marian Majik April 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Chase, you’ve done great work… thank you very much for sharing !

32. Costas April 28, 2011 at 2:47 am #

After watching every minute of the live photoshoot, It is clear that Chase is really pasionate about his work.
    These live events are not something that he does half-heartedly just as a self-promotion tool. If he did it like that, it would show.

I also find interesting that he is not “ashamed” to work with natural light or a very simple strobe setup. I have seen many commercial photo shoots that use an outrageous overkill of lights, stands, gobos, monitors, cameras, lenses and assistants, just to create a feeling of “professionalism” and “justifiied big bucks spending”. Photography is about the final image, not about the time and effort it takes you to arrive there. It shouldn’t matter if it takes you five minutes or five days, but many photographers feel that they should put together a circus act at every commercial shoot, only to justify their fee…

33. Jonny Alderman April 28, 2011 at 6:15 am #

Amazing… some things change your life… and this was one of them…

Chase + Crew and We Are Augustines… I Thank you for the combo blast of talent and inspiration.

34. David April 29, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

Is it possible to watch a replay of this shoot? I was not able to catch it live, and I hope I didn’t completely miss out!

35. Jeff May 1, 2011 at 7:26 am #

Chase, I just discovered We Are Augustines through the audiocast. Truly inspired and LOVE the music.

I would like to see the video playback as this was all last week. Can you post something? I would like to watch the video.

Thanks!

36. David May 9, 2011 at 3:13 am #

Awesome post. This was very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

37. _IFoundNemo_ February 5, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

yeap yeap. ?

1. chase jarvis RAW: making pokemon with the presidents [video] | Chase Jarvis Blog - April 26, 2011

[...] BTW…don't forget to join us LIVE tomorrow on Wednesday April 27 – we're shooting LIVE with the band We Are Augustines. Anyone can tune in, details are here [...]

2. Behind the Scenes and Geeking Out « the peacemaker attempted - April 28, 2011

[...] out the original blog post announcing the band’s stop at the Chase Jarvis Studio. I’m sure video of the interview [...]

3. A Polaroid and a Note | Chase Jarvis Blog - April 29, 2011

[...] Just wanted to say a huge thanks for tuning into chasejarvisLIVE on Wednesday for our broadcast with We Are Augustines. Those guys showed us the love by opening up their [...]

4. Your Questions About Photography Photos Myspace | Photography - November 28, 2011

[...] Powered by Yahoo! Answers Mouse here for Related Linksphotography graphics for myspace.comseamstress for the band"the hot 17" – Blog – Every band needs good photos… No, really.Starfish Stories :: The BandBand Photoshoot – The DifferenceBand Promotional PhotoshootBand Promotional PhotoshootBroadcasting LIVE PhotoShoot on Wed 4/27 – We Are Augustines [...]