Photographer JR. The Power of Photography.

I’ve watched this vid a half dozen times since it came out a while back. I never tire of it. If you missed it when it first dropped –OR, hell, even if you’ve seen it before–please saddle up here for 5 min and enjoy the unique power of photography.

When I talk about “Social Art” (like here for example) this is, in part, what I’m getting at. A magnificent and stunning example here from JR. Top tier. Scale. Impact. All of it.

Bravo.

[JR’s TED talk is here if you didn’t catch that a while back]

LTN156AT02 says:

I was speaking with a good friend of mine regarding this article and even about lcd touch screen as well. I feel you made a lot of good points on this page, we’re also looking forward to find out more stuff from you.

You will find definitely a whole lot of particulars like that to take into consideration. That’s a fantastic point to bring up. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where one of the most vital thing will likely be operating in honest excellent faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged around items like that, but I am confident that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Each boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

Verlie Akapo says:

Lovely website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also.

Ora Erhard says:

Charity begins by home.

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i’m happy to convey that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this web site and give it a glance on a constant basis.

Lou says:

This brought tears to my eyes…

Truly incredible and extremely powerful…

JR *is* changing the world, if only in a small way…

Thanks for sharing, Chase…

Auj says:

Social Art is something that all artists must consider putting as one elements of their works. This is one major way to affect the society and help bring and push about change especially in a world today that is dying. If we would tap art as an effective tool and medium to contribute to the society, then we would surely realize how such a small step can already bring a huge offering to the society and our communities.

Thats one of the most inspiring things i have seen in a long time, its the shizzle

Todd Aaron says:

That was inspirational! I had not seen it before. Thanks for posting that!

Todd

Chris says:

Mesmerising and really inspiring. Thanks Chase for sharing it :)

RichardO says:

Too right, Chase, you can watch this time and time and time again. Sensational. It’s moving, relevant, empowering,involving, generous and impassioned. And if ever there was a project that screams, “It’s about ideas, people, IDEAS!!!”, this is it. Of course it also helps that it is an idea that is brilliantly executed. TED got it right and thanks for pointing us to this work.

thierry bervoets says:

Amazing thank you
for the readers : go to woman are heroes

For Chase than you for all

titi dundee

sick. in a good way of course. i cannot think of another word to describe it.

photopoeth says:

THANX A LOT! This is really amazing!

Daniel says:

I saw it, posted it and showed everyone I knew the whole TED Talk.
I’m trying to figure out what statement I want to make with his website.

Rudy says:

Thanks Chase – very inspirational!

fas says:

Awesome and highly inspiring.

DanielKphoto says:

Wow, he’s amazing, thanks so much for sharing! I’m gonna tweet that out right away!

F in’ Awesome!

Thank you for passing it along.

Anne-Marie says:

Very inspiring!

Scott MacKenzie says:

SO diggin’ the Power of Photography! Thanks again, you guys.

Andreas says:

Thank you so much for posting this! Very inspiring. This guy really makes me feel like there are no borders in this world, at least for the time the video lasts.

Andrew Tan says:

This is truly inspiring. Thank you for another enlightening post. Can I what medium he made those humongous prints in and is it accessible to kids like myself?

Daniel says:

Wow, wish I had the courage to do such things as well… …great Idea, greater effect. Simply amazing!

Viktor Alex says:

Thanks Chase for sharing this.

Spread art, spread creativity!
Keep fighting the good fight!

bimal nair says:

this is art in form of insanely creative expression! am totally blown out…thanks a ton for sharing this Chase! You make our world connected at your own little share. Thanks as always!

Rohit46 says:

thanks a lot chase….though i never heard about JR. much, but seem he has a great talent portraying the real people (the common man)
totally inspired by his idea, will try to work over it sooner after my examinations.

Alan says:

Thank you so much Chase – truly inspiring – picking my camera up again now

Joe Sankey says:

This is astounding, Chase. Thank you for sharing it. I think that if we, as photographers, pass this link on to others (as I will now) we help perpetuate his project in some small way. Very, very humbling.

ray says:

man… i just wanna sit back and stare at my camera… indeed a powerful tool…

kjfoto says:

wow! i just got chills. i love his words, “I’m not trying to change the world, but when I see a smile… I cannot help but think I’ve achieved my goals.”

Matt Momberger says:

Very inspiring. He just did numerous pieces in Los Angeles that I am grateful to see daily.

Kimberly Haugen says:

Chase!!! You have finally helped me solve a mystery I have had for years. I was in Liberia, West Africa and took this image:

I wanted to know why that image was on the wall and what it meant. I saw this woman on several walls in Monrovia, but no one could give me an answer.

Thank you so much for posting this video and solving my mystery.

Mike Sweeney says:

What an amazing short vid clip. I had not heard of JR before.. but I will certainly follow more closely now. It’s things like this that make me wish I was more than a few years younger but with what I know now.

Amazing on soo many levels…will post on my blog

stephane says:

Thanks Chase for sharing this video. I knew about the work of JR but never watch this video. It is really inspiring approach to social peacemaker through this art. your generosity is also a source of inspiration. Thank!

Stephan says:

Thank you so much for sharing this Chase. These images and footage is simply incredible.
This video is sheer beauty. It makes you think, it shows how other people are really occupied with what happens on this small planet. These images and especially their use show involvement, vision and courage.

Dan Kaufman says:

Exceptionally inspiring !!

I was not aware of this artist or this video. Thank you Chase Jarvis for shouting out !!

maniek says:

why i have never heard of it???? WOW….. blew my mind…. speechless

Steve Kress says:

Thanks Chase this is fantastic – truly amazing how moving an image can be.

Nate Perkes says:

This is absolutely incredible. Thanks so much Chase for posting this. Insanely amazing.