My 10 Current Favorite Images + #Dasein Gallery Tour [video]

Many of you have been asking to see more of what the gallery looks like for my artist in residency at the Ace Hotel New York… So here’s a quick tour & an explanation of each feature in the installation. Included is a peek at the main gallery wall of 350 images, plus a quick run down of current 10 favorites.

Thanks to you this project just continues to accelerate and grow. Keep submitting your images here at InvitationToHang.com – anyone can participate.

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing
all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

Pretty portion of pleased. I simply stumbled ahead your situate and in accession center to utter that I acquire in actuality loved report your blog posts. One way I’ll live subscribing in your enlarge and unchanging I achievement you get proper of entry to persistently fast.

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

link says:

Summer is coming. Now could be an appropriate 2nd so that you can ebook your personal the sizzling months trips, want to be positive at this minute you’re going to get superb reduced expense and you just can dedicate wonderful inexpensive holidays to Turkey that’s supplying this kind of specials meant for before booking.

fapwhack says:

Your article has verified valuable to me. Its extremely informative and you are clearly extremely knowledgeable in this region. You have got opened my eyes to varying views on this subject with interesting and solid content.

I would like to convey my admiration for your generosity in support of males and females which have the need for assist with this specific concern. Your particular dedication to finding the message all over had been wonderfully productive and have all of the time produced professionals a lot like me to attain their dreams.

dui oregon says:

When visiting blogs, I normally discover a really excellent content like yours

Its greater in the event you think about what other people might need to say instead of just going for a gut reaction towards the subject. Consider adjusting your own believed procedure and giving other people who could read this the benefit of the doubt.

Jeremy E. says:

Putting value on the art of the snapshot. Say each one of them was worth $1 it might look something like this.

Jules says:

I just think your cute….and ok- maybe occasionally I point a camera at something.

Tyler Coray says:

Can’t believe you selected my photo of the snow as one of your favorites so far, truly grateful. Keep up the work man, make that vision of yours happen!

DChex says:

Thank you Chase!

Sandy B says:

Lost count how many shots I’ve submitted, what an amazing concept! Wishing I was in NYC to experience it all.
You should bring this to London Chase!

Shad says:

Hey Chase, what are printing all those photos on?

Chase Jarvis says:

Digi shots are printed on the Polaroid GL10. There are also a lot of analog shots included from people dropping into the installation and submitting manually.

Kevin Yulo says:

Really fun project, it’s cool to see my images get selected. Tons of great snapshots from everyone as well.

Rachel Tatem says:

Not had any experience with Polariod but I like what I see!

fas says:

I like 6 out of those alot. Though all of them are good.

I’ll stop by on Sunday with a couple of friends to see if we made the cut. Actually we’re hoping to come by around noon and than later in the early evening. Hopefully we can do a few snaps of our photos on the wall (if we make the cut) and then post those. Maybe we’ll even try the photo-booth.

Let’s check this out.

I submitted about 8 images. I have no idea if any were selected. Just happy to be a part of it.

CallumW says:

Would be cool if there was a webcam taking ‘snapshots’ of the installation every 1-5 minutes too :)

CallumW

Chase Jarvis says:

indeed. we had that idea too callumW, but ended up we needed to respect the privacy of the guests for the Ace Hotel experience.

CallumW says:

Get everyone to wear Bowler hats and red ties before they go in – a la Thomas Crown affair.

Anonymity in numbers :)

C.

Buckie says:

This article acihveed exactly what I wanted it to achieve.

Abhi says:

I have observed one thing when I volunteer at the gallery. People are curious to get their pictures taken with a Polaroid. And the moment I tell them, go ahead get a pic and post it “the wall”, people are excited.

Most people haven’t ever had their pictures taken with a Polaroid ever (including me, before I got one with you).

Best,
Abhi.

Pat Douglas says:

Stopped down to see it myself on Sunday and snapped a few shots with my instant Fuji cam. Really great display, the woman in the installation was very cool and welcoming. Really a great experience. Thanks for doing such an interesting project.

Pat D

David Johnson says:

Get yourself one of those black waiter aprons with the pockets, to hold your images while you swap them out. Ya only got 2 hands dude.