My 10 Current Favorite Images + #Dasein Gallery Tour [video]

Many of you have been asking to see more of what the gallery looks like for my artist in residency at the Ace Hotel New York… So here’s a quick tour & an explanation of each feature in the installation. Included is a peek at the main gallery wall of 350 images, plus a quick run down of current 10 favorites.

Thanks to you this project just continues to accelerate and grow. Keep submitting your images here at InvitationToHang.com – anyone can participate.

29 Responses to My 10 Current Favorite Images + #Dasein Gallery Tour [video]

1. David Johnson May 27, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Get yourself one of those black waiter aprons with the pockets, to hold your images while you swap them out. Ya only got 2 hands dude.

2. Pat Douglas May 27, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Stopped down to see it myself on Sunday and snapped a few shots with my instant Fuji cam. Really great display, the woman in the installation was very cool and welcoming. Really a great experience. Thanks for doing such an interesting project.

Pat D

3. Abhi May 27, 2011 at 11:55 am #

I have observed one thing when I volunteer at the gallery. People are curious to get their pictures taken with a Polaroid. And the moment I tell them, go ahead get a pic and post it “the wall”, people are excited.

Most people haven’t ever had their pictures taken with a Polaroid ever (including me, before I got one with you).

Best,
    Abhi.

4. CallumW May 27, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Would be cool if there was a webcam taking ‘snapshots’ of the installation every 1-5 minutes too :)

CallumW

• Chase Jarvis May 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

indeed. we had that idea too callumW, but ended up we needed to respect the privacy of the guests for the Ace Hotel experience.

• CallumW June 7, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

Get everyone to wear Bowler hats and red ties before they go in – a la Thomas Crown affair.

Anonymity in numbers :)

C.

5. Michael Montalto May 27, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

I submitted about 8 images. I have no idea if any were selected. Just happy to be a part of it.

6. Rich Beaubien May 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

I’ll stop by on Sunday with a couple of friends to see if we made the cut. Actually we’re hoping to come by around noon and than later in the early evening. Hopefully we can do a few snaps of our photos on the wall (if we make the cut) and then post those. Maybe we’ll even try the photo-booth.

Let’s check this out.

7. fas May 28, 2011 at 5:51 am #

I like 6 out of those alot. Though all of them are good.

8. Rachel Tatem May 28, 2011 at 6:02 am #

Not had any experience with Polariod but I like what I see!

9. Kevin Yulo May 29, 2011 at 11:32 pm #

Really fun project, it’s cool to see my images get selected. Tons of great snapshots from everyone as well.

10. Shad May 30, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

Hey Chase, what are printing all those photos on?

• Chase Jarvis May 30, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

Digi shots are printed on the Polaroid GL10. There are also a lot of analog shots included from people dropping into the installation and submitting manually.

11. Sandy B May 31, 2011 at 5:48 am #

Lost count how many shots I’ve submitted, what an amazing concept! Wishing I was in NYC to experience it all.
    You should bring this to London Chase!

12. DChex May 31, 2011 at 10:36 am #

Thank you Chase!

13. Tyler Coray June 1, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

Can’t believe you selected my photo of the snow as one of your favorites so far, truly grateful. Keep up the work man, make that vision of yours happen!

14. Jules June 1, 2011 at 7:01 pm #

I just think your cute….and ok- maybe occasionally I point a camera at something.

15. Jeremy E. June 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

Putting value on the art of the snapshot. Say each one of them was worth $1 it might look something like this.

16. Halvat Tallinnan matkat January 31, 2012 at 6:05 am #

Its greater in the event you think about what other people might need to say instead of just going for a gut reaction towards the subject. Consider adjusting your own believed procedure and giving other people who could read this the benefit of the doubt.

17. dui oregon February 7, 2012 at 4:05 am #

When visiting blogs, I normally discover a really excellent content like yours

18. Electric Dog Fence Reviews February 20, 2012 at 9:20 am #

I would like to convey my admiration for your generosity in support of males and females which have the need for assist with this specific concern. Your particular dedication to finding the message all over had been wonderfully productive and have all of the time produced professionals a lot like me to attain their dreams.

19. fapwhack February 22, 2012 at 11:20 pm #

Your article has verified valuable to me. Its extremely informative and you are clearly extremely knowledgeable in this region. You have got opened my eyes to varying views on this subject with interesting and solid content.

20. link February 28, 2012 at 11:53 pm #

Summer is coming. Now could be an appropriate 2nd so that you can ebook your personal the sizzling months trips, want to be positive at this minute you’re going to get superb reduced expense and you just can dedicate wonderful inexpensive holidays to Turkey that’s supplying this kind of specials meant for before booking.

21. seo lead generation September 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

22. Aubrey Martinon March 10, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

Pretty portion of pleased. I simply stumbled ahead your situate and in accession center to utter that I acquire in actuality loved report your blog posts. One way I’ll live subscribing in your enlarge and unchanging I achievement you get proper of entry to persistently fast.

23. search engine optimization google April 22, 2013 at 5:52 am #

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing
    all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!