Four Fab Photos. Do you have a fav?

Looking at more than 1000 images a day is a real treat. And pulling out 100 to 200 each day for printing is even cooler. It’s sort of like dipping my hand in a river at any one time, and being able to pull out a slice of life. Here’s four of the 150 I pulled out today. Props to their respective creators, listed below. A broad spectrum – but that’s what I love. Lemme know what you think of any/all/some of these.

joe_balice

by Joe Balice

claus_kunckel

by Claus Kunckel

To see more, hit ‘continue reading’ below

elizabeth_stene

by Elizabeth Stene

davidbust

by David Bust

You can still get your images into the project: www.InvitationToHang.com

66 Responses to Four Fab Photos. Do you have a fav?

1. corey June 2, 2011 at 11:55 am #

How do you know if your pic has been printed?

• www.minacicconi.com June 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

The one with the overflowing tub caught my eye too. Mysterious and creepy and artistic all rolled into one. Whoa!

2. Sarah Miller June 2, 2011 at 11:55 am #

Bathroom.

3. Kamil Bialous June 2, 2011 at 11:56 am #

#1

4. Rachel Tatem June 2, 2011 at 11:56 am #

So unique from one another. It is amazing the difference perspective makes on art.

5. James June 2, 2011 at 11:57 am #

Probably the first one. The last one has way, WAY too much of the “hipster look” too it.

6. Ashley Batz June 2, 2011 at 11:57 am #

I love the top two images. The first one of the child on the slide makes me feel reminiscent, bittersweet, and giggly all at the same time. The second one is one of my favorites because the way he shot it makes it looks like the water is frozen or overflowing.

7. Ben June 2, 2011 at 11:57 am #

I like #1. Playful, well composed, great colours.

8. Tom Branch June 2, 2011 at 11:57 am #

I like the first one. You look to find the subject and then there she is. It leaves me thinking “what is that girl doing?” or “Well aint that just silly!” Just out of those four photos…that is the one that leaves me in a conversation and wanting to be there in that moment.

9. Aaron June 2, 2011 at 11:58 am #

I like the first one a lot. Simple colours, simple premise, multiple interpretations.

10. Jesus Hidalgo June 2, 2011 at 11:58 am #

I wish I could help you choose here, but the the minute I got to Claus Kunckel’s photo (second one) and saw all that water being wasted it killed me!
    Good luck.

11. Brian June 2, 2011 at 11:59 am #

What is in that toilet?

12. David June 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

#4 is the one I would want to sit and look at for the longest.

13. Scott June 2, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

Maybe Chase’s working definition of “snapshot” is different from mine, but only the 3rd and 4th of these fit, in my opinion, and hardly any of the pics getting submitted to the website do. It’s a very different set of pics from what I expected when reading Chase’s write-up on the project.

• Moritz June 14, 2011 at 6:59 am #

i agree with scott…. for me a snapshot is a picture that you just happen to pass and took a photo and nothing staged… the last one in my opinion fits that description the other 3 hardly do, especially not the first 2.
      still, the first shot is a funny shot and the bathroom looks great.

the pics i submitted before were taken on my iphone, and only edited on mobile photoshop app, think that way they stay as true as possible

moritz
      http://www.mostphotography.com and http://www.mostphotography.blogspot.com

14. Justin J. June 2, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

Bathroom for sure

15. Scott June 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

OK, I take back my statement, partially… the current batch of photos on the website seem much more snapshot-like than the ones I looked through earlier today.

16. Marcin Retecki June 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

The second one is crazy. Is there a person in that tube???

17. Dan June 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

Love all of them…but particularly the slide and the paradise ones :)

As for the shots falling into a “snapshot” category or not…I think the key to photography is that there is no key. We constantly try to define and term things which take away from the true appreciation of the shot…which as Chase has mentioned before, is that single moment in time that belonged to you and only you which you now can share with the world.

18. Linda June 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

My fav? The slide :)

19. Matthew June 2, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

The Slide is the best “snapshot”. “Paradise” is my personal favorite, but it doesn’t seem like just a quick snapshot.

20. Sid Ceaser June 2, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

The slide!

I’m sure we’ve all felt like that at one time or another!

21. diala chinedu June 2, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

#1

22. Angie June 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

I just realized the “surfer dude” is not actually in the water. Cool. I like the water scene. Makes me wonder. I like the first one the best. It makes me wonder more. :-)

23. faiman June 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

Like the 4 by David Bust

24. David Clarke June 2, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

#1 and #4 are my favourites if we are looking at these in terms of snaphots. Technically every photo is a snapshot…but I understand that it may be considered less of one if it was set up before the shot. All of these photos are great. My top fave would be Paradise…it just seems so empty. It’s like when you happen upon an old farm building and car in the middle of an Alberta prairie landscape–just want to know who built them, who used them, how they decide to abandon them, when they abandoned them, if they ever felt like going back…there is so much that I want to know!

25. Lori June 2, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

The bathroom scene caught my eye when it was posted. How? What? Cool in a crazy way. The guy ready for the hit cracks me up. That reminds me of something some of my friends would do. Always entertaining in an “wait…ah…really?” sort of way. Funny stuff…

26. Prashant June 2, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Seasaw girl on ground is insanely awesome…
    Its super calm .

27. Ant June 2, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

The bathroom is my favourite, it’s a technically really good capture and really unusual. The slide comes next, it’s really playful and has great human quality. The surf is great, but I think would be stronger if zoomed in a little bit. I don’t especially like “Paradise”, the visual style isn’t really to my personal taste. The sign feels a little central too, but that’s countered by it angling away.

28. Kathleen June 2, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

One & Four have great lines. Two is fun, but could be improved slightly.

29. Will McGregor June 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

Love number 2, I don’t know what the last one is getting a rip for being “retro” I like it.

30. scott June 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

bathroom. originally brilliant!

paradise could be, but would be more powerful with way different crop.

31. Charles McDonald June 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Chase, You should make the largest old school photo album with all these pictures.

32. Lynn June 2, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

the bathroom shot is brilliant!

33. Leubner_84 June 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

Visually, number 4 is the most stunning picture. But there is no story, it´s static. The other pictures tell the viewer something, they live. I choose number 1.

34. Jeff Sampson June 2, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

Number 1, that’s a great expression and moment

35. Lisa June 2, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

I love paradise. It to me is the one I would want to hang and study. It makes you think.

36. Marcus June 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

The first one for sheer whimsy and the last for the irony

37. Pierre Graf June 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

Love all of them.

38. troyk June 2, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

I think mine are better but if I had to choose from the four I would say surfer dude because it’s original by him not being on a surf board, it looks like something I would shoot. #2 bathroom is too photoshop-ish, not sure what Chase see’s in it.

39. Aaron June 2, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

Joe, Claus, Elizabeth, and David nice photos.

Chase, you having fun? Throw some stuff up here that you’ve shot during your time in NYC. I’d like to see it.

40. Angelo June 2, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

I think #1. The toilet (#2) is a great shot too, but I thought Dasein was about snapshots? #2 looks very much like a complicated set up.

41. Aputure June 3, 2011 at 2:40 am #

I like all of them. But the 1st one is especially great.

42. rian June 3, 2011 at 3:10 am #

Number 4.

43. John June 3, 2011 at 3:53 am #

Haha, I’ve got a variant of number 4 myself. It’s on an island close to Hurghada, a popular vacation spot in Egypt. All great snaps, think I like the first and the third best. Mostly becuase of the people in them.

44. fas June 3, 2011 at 5:28 am #

All are too good, difficult to decide. I would choose 3rd.

45. Stefan Barbu June 3, 2011 at 5:28 am #

I think 1 catches me the most.

46. Lara June 3, 2011 at 6:09 am #

The slide is my favorite.

47. Harry June 3, 2011 at 6:24 am #

#1 is really nice. Whimsical and fun. A glimpse at a child being a child.

48. Adam June 3, 2011 at 7:08 am #

Tough call between #1 and #3.. But I think the bathroom wins for me.

49. DanielKphoto June 3, 2011 at 7:22 am #

4 lovely photos!

50. PhotogChannel June 3, 2011 at 7:47 am #

#1 is my fav. It has such an odd feel to it and a great composition.

51. DerekBrad June 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

I like the slide Excellent conceptual
    the bathroom one is also an amazing idea and photo

52. wonderlens June 4, 2011 at 1:42 am #

Definitely #1: I wouldn’t mind having a print of it on my wall :)

#2 I find way too contrived
    #3 Somethings’s wrong with the composition, maybe the symmetry between bather and wave and sky and beach.
    #4 Nice find, but the vintage look is very dated (pun intended) and again I am not convinced by the composition.

53. Masa June 4, 2011 at 5:35 am #

I like the bathroom shot. Many reasons, but one is that the photographer did not insert his/her own feet into the frame.

• Claus Kunckel June 4, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

Thanks Masa :-) That’s right, no foot in the photo. It’s from an architecture exhibition in Sweden. The room setup was elevated in one corner so the water could run down and be reused to create this scene of a nightmare :-)

54. Jon June 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

I’ve been looking through the images as they’ve been posted and had already chosen the slide pic as my favourite from all those that I’ve seen.

It’s perfect. Great art.

55. Adam Coss June 5, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

I really dig the last one… not so big on the color choices i think its a little too far

56. Chris Werner Photography June 8, 2011 at 11:49 am #

Ha! I’d say the first one sums up my fear of head-first sliding as a kid….

57. Christian Lipowski June 20, 2011 at 10:50 pm #

I love them all, but my first choice is NO. 1

58. Gregory Ponds June 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

Loved the overflowing bathroom..Enjoyed your blog

59. Hollis Rowbotham May 18, 2012 at 8:34 am #

this info is particularly nice thanks a lot

60. marketing for success May 18, 2014 at 9:45 am #

I was suggested this blog through my cousin. I’m now not certain whether this publish is written by means of him as no one else recognise such
    distinctive about my trouble. You are amazing!
    Thank you!

61. instagram followers July 22, 2014 at 2:07 pm #

I do accept as true with all of the concepts you’ve introduced to your
    post. They are very convincing and can certainly work.

Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for starters. May just you please lengthen them
    a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

62. instagram September 19, 2014 at 11:54 pm #

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web site regularly, this web page is really pleasant and
    the visitors are truly sharing good thoughts. instagram
    instagram
    instagram

1. Four Fab Photos | Claus K's foto blog - June 3, 2011

[...] iaftes røg jeg for alvor op at stolen da jeg på hans blog så at jeg havde et billede blandt hans fire favoritter – STORT! Det er billedet af [...]