Four Fab Photos. Do you have a fav?

Looking at more than 1000 images a day is a real treat. And pulling out 100 to 200 each day for printing is even cooler. It’s sort of like dipping my hand in a river at any one time, and being able to pull out a slice of life. Here’s four of the 150 I pulled out today. Props to their respective creators, listed below. A broad spectrum – but that’s what I love. Lemme know what you think of any/all/some of these.

joe_balice

by Joe Balice

claus_kunckel

by Claus Kunckel

To see more, hit ‘continue reading’ below

elizabeth_stene

by Elizabeth Stene

davidbust

by David Bust

You can still get your images into the project: www.InvitationToHang.com

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i am glad to convey that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I so much indisputably will make sure to don’t put out of your mind this site and provides it a look regularly.

I cling on to listening to the news lecture about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i get some?

youtube says:

What’s up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web
site, and your views are good for new people. youtube
youtube
youtube

instagram says:

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web site regularly, this web page is really pleasant and
the visitors are truly sharing good thoughts. instagram
instagram
instagram

I do accept as true with all of the concepts you’ve introduced to your
post. They are very convincing and can certainly work.

Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for starters. May just you please lengthen them
a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

I was suggested this blog through my cousin. I’m now not certain whether this publish is written by means of him as no one else recognise such
distinctive about my trouble. You are amazing!
Thank you!

this info is particularly nice thanks a lot

Loved the overflowing bathroom..Enjoyed your blog

I love them all, but my first choice is NO. 1

Ha! I’d say the first one sums up my fear of head-first sliding as a kid….

Adam Coss says:

I really dig the last one… not so big on the color choices i think its a little too far

Jon says:

I’ve been looking through the images as they’ve been posted and had already chosen the slide pic as my favourite from all those that I’ve seen.

It’s perfect. Great art.

Masa says:

I like the bathroom shot. Many reasons, but one is that the photographer did not insert his/her own feet into the frame.

Thanks Masa :-) That’s right, no foot in the photo. It’s from an architecture exhibition in Sweden. The room setup was elevated in one corner so the water could run down and be reused to create this scene of a nightmare :-)

wonderlens says:

Definitely #1: I wouldn’t mind having a print of it on my wall :)

#2 I find way too contrived
#3 Somethings’s wrong with the composition, maybe the symmetry between bather and wave and sky and beach.
#4 Nice find, but the vintage look is very dated (pun intended) and again I am not convinced by the composition.

DerekBrad says:

I like the slide Excellent conceptual
the bathroom one is also an amazing idea and photo

#1 is my fav. It has such an odd feel to it and a great composition.

DanielKphoto says:

4 lovely photos!

Adam says:

Tough call between #1 and #3.. But I think the bathroom wins for me.

Harry says:

#1 is really nice. Whimsical and fun. A glimpse at a child being a child.

Lara says:

The slide is my favorite.

Stefan Barbu says:

I think 1 catches me the most.

fas says:

All are too good, difficult to decide. I would choose 3rd.

John says:

Haha, I’ve got a variant of number 4 myself. It’s on an island close to Hurghada, a popular vacation spot in Egypt. All great snaps, think I like the first and the third best. Mostly becuase of the people in them.

rian says:

Number 4.

Aputure says:

I like all of them. But the 1st one is especially great.

Angelo says:

I think #1. The toilet (#2) is a great shot too, but I thought Dasein was about snapshots? #2 looks very much like a complicated set up.

Aaron says:

Joe, Claus, Elizabeth, and David nice photos.

Chase, you having fun? Throw some stuff up here that you’ve shot during your time in NYC. I’d like to see it.

troyk says:

I think mine are better but if I had to choose from the four I would say surfer dude because it’s original by him not being on a surf board, it looks like something I would shoot. #2 bathroom is too photoshop-ish, not sure what Chase see’s in it.

Pierre Graf says:

Love all of them.

Marcus says:

The first one for sheer whimsy and the last for the irony

Lisa says:

I love paradise. It to me is the one I would want to hang and study. It makes you think.

Jeff Sampson says:

Number 1, that’s a great expression and moment

Leubner_84 says:

Visually, number 4 is the most stunning picture. But there is no story, it´s static. The other pictures tell the viewer something, they live. I choose number 1.

Lynn says:

the bathroom shot is brilliant!

Chase, You should make the largest old school photo album with all these pictures.

scott says:

bathroom. originally brilliant!

paradise could be, but would be more powerful with way different crop.

Love number 2, I don’t know what the last one is getting a rip for being “retro” I like it.

Kathleen says:

One & Four have great lines. Two is fun, but could be improved slightly.

Ant says:

The bathroom is my favourite, it’s a technically really good capture and really unusual. The slide comes next, it’s really playful and has great human quality. The surf is great, but I think would be stronger if zoomed in a little bit. I don’t especially like “Paradise”, the visual style isn’t really to my personal taste. The sign feels a little central too, but that’s countered by it angling away.

Prashant says:

Seasaw girl on ground is insanely awesome…
Its super calm .

Lori says:

The bathroom scene caught my eye when it was posted. How? What? Cool in a crazy way. The guy ready for the hit cracks me up. That reminds me of something some of my friends would do. Always entertaining in an “wait…ah…really?” sort of way. Funny stuff…

David Clarke says:

#1 and #4 are my favourites if we are looking at these in terms of snaphots. Technically every photo is a snapshot…but I understand that it may be considered less of one if it was set up before the shot. All of these photos are great. My top fave would be Paradise…it just seems so empty. It’s like when you happen upon an old farm building and car in the middle of an Alberta prairie landscape–just want to know who built them, who used them, how they decide to abandon them, when they abandoned them, if they ever felt like going back…there is so much that I want to know!

faiman says:

Like the 4 by David Bust

Angie says:

I just realized the “surfer dude” is not actually in the water. Cool. I like the water scene. Makes me wonder. I like the first one the best. It makes me wonder more. :-)

Sid Ceaser says:

The slide!

I’m sure we’ve all felt like that at one time or another!

Matthew says:

The Slide is the best “snapshot”. “Paradise” is my personal favorite, but it doesn’t seem like just a quick snapshot.

Linda says:

My fav? The slide :)

Dan says:

Love all of them…but particularly the slide and the paradise ones :)

As for the shots falling into a “snapshot” category or not…I think the key to photography is that there is no key. We constantly try to define and term things which take away from the true appreciation of the shot…which as Chase has mentioned before, is that single moment in time that belonged to you and only you which you now can share with the world.

The second one is crazy. Is there a person in that tube???

Scott says:

OK, I take back my statement, partially… the current batch of photos on the website seem much more snapshot-like than the ones I looked through earlier today.

Justin J. says:

Bathroom for sure

Scott says:

Maybe Chase’s working definition of “snapshot” is different from mine, but only the 3rd and 4th of these fit, in my opinion, and hardly any of the pics getting submitted to the website do. It’s a very different set of pics from what I expected when reading Chase’s write-up on the project.

Moritz says:

i agree with scott…. for me a snapshot is a picture that you just happen to pass and took a photo and nothing staged… the last one in my opinion fits that description the other 3 hardly do, especially not the first 2.
still, the first shot is a funny shot and the bathroom looks great.

the pics i submitted before were taken on my iphone, and only edited on mobile photoshop app, think that way they stay as true as possible

moritz
http://www.mostphotography.com and http://www.mostphotography.blogspot.com

David says:

#4 is the one I would want to sit and look at for the longest.

Brian says:

What is in that toilet?

I wish I could help you choose here, but the the minute I got to Claus Kunckel’s photo (second one) and saw all that water being wasted it killed me!
Good luck.

Aaron says:

I like the first one a lot. Simple colours, simple premise, multiple interpretations.

Tom Branch says:

I like the first one. You look to find the subject and then there she is. It leaves me thinking “what is that girl doing?” or “Well aint that just silly!” Just out of those four photos…that is the one that leaves me in a conversation and wanting to be there in that moment.

Ben says:

I like #1. Playful, well composed, great colours.

Ashley Batz says:

I love the top two images. The first one of the child on the slide makes me feel reminiscent, bittersweet, and giggly all at the same time. The second one is one of my favorites because the way he shot it makes it looks like the water is frozen or overflowing.

James says:

Probably the first one. The last one has way, WAY too much of the “hipster look” too it.

Rachel Tatem says:

So unique from one another. It is amazing the difference perspective makes on art.

corey says:

How do you know if your pic has been printed?

The one with the overflowing tub caught my eye too. Mysterious and creepy and artistic all rolled into one. Whoa!