Cameras + Explosives + Rockets = Photo Nerd 4th of July

Here in the USA today we’re celebrating Independence Day. I’m up at the cabin chilling out, but wanted to invite you to join in, wherever you’re from.

Above is a video of how pure camera nerds party on the 4th.

Here’s what the NYC cops do on the 4th.

And finally, for you DIY types, here’s how to photograph YOUR very own 4th of July fireworks.

Catch you back in the studio tomorrow. Until then, keep it safe & sane.

30 Responses to Cameras + Explosives + Rockets = Photo Nerd 4th of July

1. Brian Carey July 4, 2011 at 11:43 am #

Enjoy your day to shine USA. The world needs you!

2. Cooper Ray July 4, 2011 at 11:50 am #

How in the world did that guy find all the cameras on the fireworks?!

Have a great 4th, Chase! I’ll be celebrating from NY!
    I’ll be in touch soon about those GL10′s.. no more dasein at the ace

3. Shelby White July 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

Happy 4th Chase and everyone here on the blog.

4. James Kar July 4, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Happy 4th July from London, England!

5. Herman July 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

Really wish we had something to celebrate here in South Africa. Happy 4th of July you guys!

6. Kirk Lau July 5, 2011 at 12:44 am #

Ok… talk about motion sickness…!!! wooooohooo!
    Happy July 4th!

7. Kathleen July 5, 2011 at 5:52 am #

You’re right, you are nerds. The audio is cool too.

8. fas July 5, 2011 at 10:30 am #

That is a scary move.

9. Jesus Hidalgo July 5, 2011 at 10:59 am #

This is freaking awesome!! I love not only the visuals, but how raw the audio is too!

10. Deceive July 10, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Woaw! And I thought those rackets was pretty cute and… Well.. Relaxing!

Awesome video!!

11. Ken July 12, 2011 at 10:38 am #

What kind of camera is that on the fireworks/rockets?

Thanks,
    Ken

• Jeremiah Warren July 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

I’m the guy that filmed this, I used an 808 #11 camera. You can get them for $40 on eBay, or the cheaper SD #3 808 camera for $10.

12. coffee rush 2 December 2, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I also conceive hence , perfectly indited post! .

13. Salome Fanner January 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

I keep listening to the news update lecture about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i acquire some?

14. Matt Timmons July 1, 2014 at 1:00 pm #

You think NYPD cops have fun with your confiscated fireworks, you should see what they do with your confiscated weed.

15. Jc Challacombe September 22, 2014 at 12:58 am #

My dream retirement just includes that I am able bodied enough to enjoy it. I suppose I’d just like to live by water.

16. Ebay India Coupons September 24, 2014 at 3:58 am #

I am surprised that how can you build such a beutiful blog.

17. Begravelse Slagelse October 5, 2014 at 6:58 am #

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a wonderful website.

18. kilu.de October 8, 2014 at 4:05 pm #

You mayy develop into a proud owner off beautiful pearl jewelry, beautiful kunmdan jewellery or priceless diamond jewellery by waay of some online buying over right here.
    Your on-line jewelry shop – is right here to seerve as your
    Caratlane on-line store for solitaires and diamonds you alll the
    time wished you owned.

19. Depue@outlook.com October 10, 2014 at 3:36 am #

This internet site is actually just wonderful, the information is updated and also crystal clear. I am going to definitely see this site once more. I’m sorry if my English isn’t sufficient, i am actually a Spanish foreign language presenter, sorry concerning that. Maintain the good work:-RRB-.

20. Lynnette Worchester October 13, 2014 at 2:41 pm #

Thank you for every other informative blog. Where else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal manner? I’ve a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such information.

21. live cams October 15, 2014 at 8:02 am #

That is really a beneficial viewpoint, nevertheless isn’t make every sence whatsoever dealing with which mather. Any method thanks in addition to i had make an effort to share your current post straight into delicius but it surely is apparently an concern employing your websites is it possible to you should recheck this. numerous thanks once again.

22. scentofblanc.com October 15, 2014 at 8:54 pm #

My spouse and I stumbled ocer here by a different website
    and thought I may as welll chck things out.

I like what I seee soo nnow i am following you.

Look forwardd tto giing over yoour web age again.

23. Kandy October 17, 2014 at 7:55 am #

It iss pperfect time too make somme plans forr thhe futre and it’s tije tto
    bbe happy. I have read thiss post and if I could I desire to suggest
    you feew interesting things or tips. Perhaps yoou can wrrite next articles referring to this
    article. I desire to read mmore thiongs about it!

24. Karla October 17, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Sppot on wityh ths write-up, I honestly feel this ammazing site newds far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to reawd more, thanbks for the info!

25. cito October 17, 2014 at 6:50 pm #

I exactly like the term fusion technology. It sounds powerful

1. BOOM! « frohmillerphoto - July 4, 2011

[...] Camera on a firework: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCbETKaIfs&feature=player_embedded [...]

2. Iemontēta HD video kamera uzfilmē salūtu iemontēta salūta raķetē — Foto portāls Poga.lv - July 4, 2011

[...] fotogrāfs Chase Jarvis ielicis HD videokameru savās apjomīga izmēra salūta raķetēs. Viņš aicina amerikāņus [...]

3. Iemontēta HD video kamera uzfilmē salūtu — Foto portāls Poga.lv - July 4, 2011

4. Green Smoke 4th of July Sale - November 1, 2011

[...] Smoking – Alternative smoking with electronic cigarette reviews of smokeless cigarettesCameras + Explosives + Rockets = Photo Nerd 4th of July body { background-color: #0e3c90; } #header { width: 980px; height: 100px; background: [...]