Cameras + Explosives + Rockets = Photo Nerd 4th of July

Here in the USA today we’re celebrating Independence Day. I’m up at the cabin chilling out, but wanted to invite you to join in, wherever you’re from.

Above is a video of how pure camera nerds party on the 4th.

Here’s what the NYC cops do on the 4th.

And finally, for you DIY types, here’s how to photograph YOUR very own 4th of July fireworks.

Catch you back in the studio tomorrow. Until then, keep it safe & sane.

19 Responses to Cameras + Explosives + Rockets = Photo Nerd 4th of July

1. Brian Carey July 4, 2011 at 11:43 am #

Enjoy your day to shine USA. The world needs you!

2. Cooper Ray July 4, 2011 at 11:50 am #

How in the world did that guy find all the cameras on the fireworks?!

Have a great 4th, Chase! I’ll be celebrating from NY!
    I’ll be in touch soon about those GL10′s.. no more dasein at the ace

3. Shelby White July 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

Happy 4th Chase and everyone here on the blog.

4. James Kar July 4, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Happy 4th July from London, England!

5. Herman July 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

Really wish we had something to celebrate here in South Africa. Happy 4th of July you guys!

6. Kirk Lau July 5, 2011 at 12:44 am #

Ok… talk about motion sickness…!!! wooooohooo!
    Happy July 4th!

7. Kathleen July 5, 2011 at 5:52 am #

You’re right, you are nerds. The audio is cool too.

8. fas July 5, 2011 at 10:30 am #

That is a scary move.

9. Jesus Hidalgo July 5, 2011 at 10:59 am #

This is freaking awesome!! I love not only the visuals, but how raw the audio is too!

10. Deceive July 10, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Woaw! And I thought those rackets was pretty cute and… Well.. Relaxing!

Awesome video!!

11. Ken July 12, 2011 at 10:38 am #

What kind of camera is that on the fireworks/rockets?

Thanks,
    Ken

• Jeremiah Warren July 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

I’m the guy that filmed this, I used an 808 #11 camera. You can get them for $40 on eBay, or the cheaper SD #3 808 camera for $10.

12. coffee rush 2 December 2, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I also conceive hence , perfectly indited post! .

13. Salome Fanner January 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

I keep listening to the news update lecture about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i acquire some?

14. Matt Timmons July 1, 2014 at 1:00 pm #

You think NYPD cops have fun with your confiscated fireworks, you should see what they do with your confiscated weed.

1. BOOM! « frohmillerphoto - July 4, 2011

[...] Camera on a firework: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCbETKaIfs&feature=player_embedded [...]

2. Iemontēta HD video kamera uzfilmē salūtu iemontēta salūta raķetē — Foto portāls Poga.lv - July 4, 2011

[...] fotogrāfs Chase Jarvis ielicis HD videokameru savās apjomīga izmēra salūta raķetēs. Viņš aicina amerikāņus [...]

3. Iemontēta HD video kamera uzfilmē salūtu — Foto portāls Poga.lv - July 4, 2011

4. Green Smoke 4th of July Sale - November 1, 2011

[...] Smoking – Alternative smoking with electronic cigarette reviews of smokeless cigarettesCameras + Explosives + Rockets = Photo Nerd 4th of July body { background-color: #0e3c90; } #header { width: 980px; height: 100px; background: [...]