Creative Mojo, Change Your Life, Make a Difference — Chris Jordan #cjLIVE Rewatch

Few people that I know who have ever encountered photographer Chris Jordan’s work can dismiss or forget it, let alone NOT be inspired to action. Here’s a re-watch of this TRULY inspiring chasejarvisLIVE episode with the eye-opening Mr. Chris Jordan.

Wondering about how to leave your safe job and become a photographer?
Want to get out from under that blanket of creative & professional fear?
Want a cause-based vision for your photography?
Want to make a difference?

Jordan tells it like it is. He’s got gallery shows, museum gigs, speaking gigs, documentary films, and this guy moves the world to action – all from a humble, hardworking place. Spread the word about the re-watch and have a great weekend.

We’re all in this together.

This is my first time visit at here and i am actually impressed to red
all at one place.

Rubie Raggs says:

Many thanks for the share. Great read.

Kurtin says:

say thanks to so considerablya lot for your web site it helps a whole lot.

Someone essentially help to make severely posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular post amazing. Wonderful job!

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this publish and if I could I wish to counsel you few interesting issues or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I want to learn more things approximately it!

certainly like your web site but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I will surely come back again.

How to attract a a break up letter to your girlfriend woman.
Don’t force yourself on her as they were spotted going
to a fashion show. You do appear to be a disaster.
Angela Kim Staperfene, 46, and Jacob Lee Burns, 19, both died of aax blows to the head, out of
nowhere, you start talking. You make me feel better,
but nothing seems to make any public statements.

I want to express thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from such a condition. Right after searching through the internet and obtaining tricks which were not helpful, I figured my entire life was well over. Existing without the solutions to the problems you have fixed by means of your main short article is a critical case, as well as those that could have in a wrong way damaged my entire career if I had not come across your web blog. Your personal know-how and kindness in playing with a lot of stuff was very helpful. I don’t know what I would have done if I had not discovered such a step like this. I can also at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks for your time very much for this high quality and effective guide. I won’t be reluctant to recommend your web blog to any individual who needs support about this topic.

itunes says:

You have some really great articles and I feel I would be a good asset. I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!

Melissa Bell says:

A person necessarily help to make significantly posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit amazing. Fantastic task!

Manuel Joy says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Regards!

I truly similar to your style! What website did you have your style from? Polite muddle position, btw!

Sherrie Amat says:

I think that I use that superb article to my homework :)

Always good to find something new and interesting to learn from. Great website you’ve got here.

Man, this is so inspiring, this guy is a master. Both of you are masters. Thanks again, this is life changing!

THE BEST OF ALL. Man, this is so where I am right now, at the start I mean. So intense to feel what he means and tries to tell.
It’s when coincidences transform into miracles and you just see how life is unfolding from a place that just knows where to send you. Thanks for posting this.

I love your helpful words. awesome stuff. I hope you release more. I will continue watching

pdf viewer says:

Hello, everybody! I want to agree that Chris Jordan is a remarkable photographer! His works inspired me to change my life, they are so strong and sincere. I think he sees the world not in the way the other people do, that’s why his pictures are so attractive.

dem says:

Hugo Romano says:

I can completely relate to the last few words from Chris. Recently, I had a very similar epiphany but while exploring a subject in science that I am passionate about, astronomy. I was specifically looking at how supernova occur and because of these cataclysmic events expelling the very elements we are made of, we could have never existed. This combination of elements, temperature and location a characteristic unique for thousands of light years (as much as we know) has created us…what are the chances!? Exactly how Chris put it, I do not see a reason why not to live life to the fullest or confront our fears.

Hugo

Hey Chase, on the first line of the article, i think you meant to write “Can’t”…for example “Few people that I know who have ever encountered photographer Chris Jordan’s work can dismiss or forget it” …

hien says:

chris says:

“i don’t work anymore, but i never stop working”

inspiration right there! working doing exactly what he loves, he doesn’t even notice he’s working. legend

di says:

Phil Stefans says:

Awesome…love seeing something that makes you look at things from a different perspective…great work…

Great interview really useful information, it really does show the importance of what experience can teach you and how it raises your game that much more.

Peter says:

Great stuff. Thanks for that interview. Last few moments of the interview are like almost direct quotes (I assume by accident) from “Notes From The Tilt-a-Whirl” a book by an old classmate and friend of mine. Look it up, it’s all about that wonder, and getting us to wake up to the world around us.

krystle says:

wow, amazing and so inspiring. thank you for this

Asante sana (thank you) for posting your talk with Chris Jordan. I am sitting in the middle of Tanzania working on a conservation photography project and it is so inspiring to be able to connect with you and photographers across the planet through your blog.

Moritz says:

amazing interview and truly inspiring. chris has some amazing work even though so different from many others… i think his images are often very shocking yet amazing.
thanks as always for sharing

moritz
and follow my blog http://www.mostphotography.blogspot.com

Micha says:

This was an amazing interview on so many levels. Thanks to both of you.

Scott says:

Chase,

First, fantastic work. It was incredibly thought provoking, and certainly made me aware of how far I’ve personally diverged from one of my past selves – the one that was aware of and really cared about issues of this nature. In fact, it’s pretty embarrassing to think about how much a “safe” life has dragged me away from these things. It hit a sore spot (in a good way) to say the least.

That said, there was one thing that was not addressed, although I really hoped that you would touch on it. That is the issue is how a photographer (or photography/videography/art in general) fits into the issues Chris’ work draws attention to. Photography, while an act of creating is also an act of consumption, and I think that it’s quite interesting to consider that in bringing these sorts of issues to the world, at least a few bit of plastic had to enter the ecosystem at one time or another, through camera manufacture & shipping, or whatever. I won’t enumerate for the sake of keeping this reply a reasonable length, but here are a couple of examples relevant to this particular production:

– The technology involved. In 18 months, I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of the gear used to make this episode will be out of rotation, having been replaced by something newer and better. Unfortunately, but necessary to stay relevant in a commercial environment. Chris has discussed heaps of discarded bags and phones, but what about piles of DSLRs?

– The impact of repeated travel to the Midway Atoll. Lots of fuel, plastic airline cups, etc.

So my question to both of you and Chris is how do you feel about your respective roles as both consumers and creators? Are there any particular measures that you’re taking – outside of generating awareness, of course – to reduce the material/environmental impact of pursuing your art? Burtynsky touches on this in Manufactured Landscapes, but didn’t really draw any conclusions. I would be really interested to hear either or your perspectives on this, as it’s something that I struggle with every time I make a print, or buy a new piece of tech.

Keep up the Amazing work!

Jari says:

Chase, you are doing priceless job in inspiring and encouraging the global photog community! Thank you so much for that. In this remarkable interview I think I saw something about my future self. Truly inspirational. Oh.

Dharuma says:

Wow! What a mind-flood of thought-provoking statements, valuable lessons and inspiring work. The best interview bar none that I’ve seen for a very long time and a big ‘thank you’ to Chase Jarvis for making it happen; truly a catalyst for the power of creativity.

fas says:

I think one can make a difference even widout changing!

Szabi says:

As I said it already on twitter and also on youtube, this interview is without a doubt the best #cjlive episode EVER. Tim Ferriss wasn’t bad either, but this is just in a whole other league. Chris Jordan is one of the most amazing guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of listening to. Thanks again for sharing this. Truly special.

DanielKphoto says:

Was a very interesting show! Glad I watched it live :)