Think You Don’t Need to Focus? Think Again.

Been tons of chatter online about the Lytro camera the last few weeks. In case you’ve been living under a rock or too busy to notice, then you’ll be happy to know that the new Lytro camera allows you to select focus AFTER you shoot the photograph. AMAZING technology developed at Stanford by Ren Ng. Just like you can change the white balance after capture when shooting RAW, well now you can put those striking blue eyes of your model in focus later.

Consider that with the technology of a camera like the RED Epic – shooting a 5,000 pixel wide image at 96 frames per second. You can aim that sucker at a scene and shoot 1000 14 megapixel still images in 10 seconds. No more need to catch ‘the decisive moment’!

Combine these two technologies? Whew! Now you’ve really got something.

Unless… your pictures have no focus. If you think that you’re photos are going to be better in the future because you don’t have to pick the moment or focus on your subject, you’re entirely wrong. These technologies are truly amazing, revolutionary and will continue to change the face of photography as we know it.

But mark my words, if you’re goal is to get your work to stand out from the crowd (as good art does), then you’ll need to focus all the more.

Focus on subject.
Focus on content.
Focus on meaning.
Focus on artistic vision…

…because these are all the tools that computers can’t help you with and these are the only ways from here on out that you’re going to be able to make a mark.

Focus on that.

[and don't hate it, celebrate it, cause it's all you've got.]

146 Responses to Think You Don’t Need to Focus? Think Again.

1. Joe Figaniak October 25, 2011 at 10:14 am #

You inspire me Chase.

• bobbit October 25, 2011 at 10:16 am #

Agreed!

• Pedro Cardoso October 25, 2011 at 10:17 am #

So well put. You do inspire, Chase.

• Jonathan Nissan October 28, 2011 at 7:22 am #

My thoughts exactly…

• Tampa Bay Photography December 6, 2011 at 8:39 am #

I guess I’m late to the party on this, but wanted to add my two cents.

While these things are amazing feats of new technology indeed, as you hinted at, the photographer will still need to understand composition, timing, and numerous other elements that these newer technologies will never be able to compensate for.

2. Rob October 25, 2011 at 10:25 am #

Well, since RED are, in fact, working on multiple-focus and depth-mapping features, we may well have this technology within the next decade. But well put; since capturing the decisive moment and focusing/focus-pulling (and even lighting, potentially, with depth-mapping) will no longer be a part of the cinephotographer’s practical arsenal, that leaves the more ephemeral, artistic decisions to be the differentiator.

In a way, this technology may well be a great leap forward in art- to stand above the rest, you will no longer be able to merely rest on your technical laurels. You’ll have to actually be SAYING or SHOWING something. We’ll be able to clearly see who’s great and who’s not because the technology will be “technically levelling” to all comers.

3. Andrew October 25, 2011 at 10:26 am #

I admire your ability to celebrate technology like this ^^ for I think its cool but I frown upon it due to my personal pride in performing the hard work.

None the less, it is a great piece of technology and I fully agree with your statement on focus.

Andrew Vanasse

• Alex Gauthier October 25, 2011 at 10:55 am #

This is an interesting argument and one that is put forth fairly often in every kind of industry where technology plays a role. As I get older (I’m 38) I catch myself thinking this way a lot. Something about it rankles me though. I guess I feel at the end of the day that it really does take a human being to create something with beauty. We can get in trouble real fast here trying to define beauty. I’ll leave that to an Art School undergraduate debate, instead ;-) But for me, a big part of beauty is the connection it creates between viewer and crafter or with the subject. While images that are well executed from a technical stand-point do hold some value to me, I often find my own favorite images are those with imperfections. Indeed, we all often compose with selective focus, cropping, exposure and more to edit the content of our images. This job must still be done by a human being. If computers reach a stage where they are able to make these decisions then an evolution will have taken place that I think only a sci-fi writer could partially imagine.

You’re argument was that the younger generation will lack the appreciation for this. I disagree. For a time, people will rely on the technology but eventually this path grows boring and a balancing will occur where once again, thought, effort, and insight will be valued because that’s what it will take to stand out.

The commodification of vision is not something that I can really conceive of.

• Andrew October 25, 2011 at 11:39 am #

I like you’re argument and I hope it does balance itself out. I still have a fear of laziness in myself and society but I have even more faith in the human condition.

• Jason Hight October 25, 2011 at 11:25 am #

What you’re saying has probably been said about every single advancement in photography though. “Autofocus? ugh, that takes the work out of it.” “Auto exposure? What about the hard work it takes to figure it out yourself?” Digital? What ever happened to setting up a darkroom and developing yourself? Adjust whitebalance after capture? What about putting the work into deciding what is the proper filter to use.

My point is, yeah, it’s going to take some work out of it. But so has every advance since the dawn of photography. Like everything else, it’s a tool and will find it’s place. I don’t think it’s going to make everybody lazy when it comes to photography though. Heck the really lazy ones will prefer a normal camera with autofocus so they don’t have to fiddle with the images before uploading to Facebook.

I can see this technology having the greatest impact on video though. Allows for saving time, greater artistic control, and lessening the need for reshoots.

Just my $0.02 though, take it for what its worth.

• Andrew October 25, 2011 at 11:41 am #

I was actually talking about the bigger picture, which involves every industry and type of work out there. But I do agree there are benefits from it.

• GMDGeek October 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

I agree … I’m working to become a photographer not a digital artist. I know there is post work that has to be done but I was taught and firmly believe in getting it as right as possible in the camera and not the computer.

• Artur Nunes November 13, 2011 at 7:35 am #

“My concern with technology like this, is the impact it will have on the next generation. Hard work will cease to exist and everything can be fixed with the push of a button. That idea is already spreading and I don’t like it.”

painters used to say the same, back in the XIX century… :-)

no stress…

• del January 26, 2012 at 8:21 am #

Yup, that’s what the kodak film junkies said of the digital camera last time…..

4. Phil October 25, 2011 at 10:27 am #

” If you think that you’re photos are going to be better in” Your photos

5. Faraz October 25, 2011 at 10:31 am #

It’s funny you mentioned combining RED and Lytro.

Washington University is doing research on training computers to choose the best Candid photograph out of a video

Now imagine the technologies of Lytro, RED and this Auto-Candid photography coming together in one camera, all you need is a Roomba and you can start a Wedding Photojournalism business ;)

6. Steven October 25, 2011 at 10:35 am #

The only thing that gadgets like these do, is put cameras in the hands of people who ordinarily would never think of having one. The ‘net will flood with millions more of mediocre images, taken by people who have no business taking and posting pictures. I’m all for advancing technology and own a new model DSLR. But, I believe that it takes years to learn to “see” the final image in your mind’s eye before you even leave the house. I really try to encourage people to pick up a camera to capture the world around them. But I emphasize how important it is to “see.”

• Jason Hight October 25, 2011 at 11:27 am #

I’m sure when you were first beginning you were probably one of those with mediocre images. How would you have liked it if someone said you had no business taking pictures because you sucked?

7. Tom October 25, 2011 at 10:37 am #

Either I’ve entirely missed your point or you’re speaking shit.

8. Scott Tokar October 25, 2011 at 10:43 am #

This is the SAME problem as using the GigaPan technology… The CUSTOMER picks the focus or the frame of the photo, not the photographer…

This is a new technology not a new snapshot, letting your customer or viewer pick the focus or crop is WONDERFUL and interactive! To compare the Lytro or the GigaPan to a Red is like comparing Apples to Orangoutangs!

9. TimR October 25, 2011 at 10:49 am #

True that. It’s all about the why, not the how. The hows come and go, but the whys are forever.

10. Edward De la Torre October 25, 2011 at 10:58 am #

Well put Chase. I love the merits of the technology and I think while it may give you another tool in your arsenal for perfecting an image, it doesn’t affect the tool between your ears.

11. Joshua Stearns October 25, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Auto focus is nothing new. This just gives the user the power to have control in post production. I don’t think anyone is saying that you should not think.

12. Digitalgraphics - Florian October 25, 2011 at 11:11 am #

I like the Lytro cam and hope it will be soon available in europe. It’s no replacement for professional cam but as a gimmick i think the lightfieldcam will be great! greets Florian

13. Bram October 25, 2011 at 11:21 am #

Chase, so true. Actually when you think about it, you could just point a camera towards where you think something interesting could happen, and then afterwards pick the shots you like. However, the problem is, this will be an incredibly time consuming task. You’ll need to go over every single frame to see if something interesting is in the picture, then also determine where you want the focus to be. In the end, it’s less work and, most importantly, way more fun to just be out and looking for interesting scenes to capture the way you envision them at the moment.

• Nathan Padilla Bowen November 21, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

Actually, Bram, that’s exactly what I thought right away. Some of the most amazing work is still being done on film. Why? Because it actually takes thought and care.

More is not better. More is just more. And usually it’s worse, because it devalues the real art, skill and craft of making something important and lasting.

In the end you have to embrace change for what it is, and when an art inevitably becomes a commodity to be manufactured basically for free, you look for things in life that still cannot be replicated by a monkey pressing a button. You look for scarcity.

14. Mikael October 25, 2011 at 11:39 am #

I see the opportunity to use this technology to help you get what you want in focus, but if you don’t already know what to put in focus when you take the picture, I don’t think the picture is worth taking. Or maybe it will allow for more creative post production!?

The camera looks kind of simple and cool, would be nice to get away from the square shape for ones though. I agree Scott, soo not orangutangish, more of an Apple product.

15. Matt October 25, 2011 at 11:49 am #

Chase, I would encourage you to proofread your posts for grammatical errors.

To all others, consider this camera in its current state no more than a novelty. It won’t have supreme image quality, nor with it be anything close to what digital SLRs have managed to come up with. Yes it will have the ability to focus on different points after-the-fact, but like this and every other technology that has cropped up, they are just tools. This isn’t a game-changer at all. Serious photographers needn’t feel threatened, amateur photographers needn’t be excited.

Just as Steve Jobs said people will choose with their wallets what works and what doesn’t, if ‘art’ is what you are after in your photography, then continue to do what you are doing to the best of your ability, and enjoy the subtle perks of technology along the way.

16. David McDonald October 25, 2011 at 11:51 am #

Well said Chase.
    Lytro looks like a fun camera (and beautifully designed & marketed), but that’s about it.
    I don’t understand the tech involved, but much of the language & descriptions of how this works on their web pages doesn’t add up for me.
    Looks to me like a detailed hyperfocal type image capture, with ‘focus’ applied by softening the ‘unfocussed’ areas.
    But I could be wrong ;-)

Anyways, a nicely designed fun camera.

17. Jonathan Poritsky October 25, 2011 at 11:58 am #

I couldn’t agree more. It’s fascinating tech, and there’s certainly an artistic use for it, but not necessarily useful for all art. I went into some depth on this in a post about focus in motion pictures:

18. sweetandcoolval October 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

@ chase – Ironic, I just got a tattoo of a focus symbol on my inner wrist so I don’t forget.

@steven – Not everyone shares the same intent with image taking. Where you want to “see”, others want to define a moment or remember something funny. The shift in technology is the ability to easily share images. You probably have 3K family photos stuffed in a box somewhere. Now you can share everything with everyone, so why not do it? Technology has allowed me to be aware of other people’s work and get better myself. I have a nice DSLR which I learn more about it daily. Most of my images come from my iphone which I can use to share with people, or to put it another way, I happily use it to flood the ‘net with mediocrity. There’s room for everyone’s point of view out there.

19. Dom October 25, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Should really try it before you write about why you think something won’t work.

20. Jim Gale October 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

For art, I wouldn’t know. Surely it would have to be special to stand out.

My challenge, for which the Lytro is PERFECT for me, is that I miss the damn moment all the time (of, for example, my kids in an action shot), always due to focus and/or timing (due to focusing). Sure, I have a $500 camera now – not a $3000+. But lugging something big/expensive (which might help) around will add another amount of time to set up for ‘the moment.’

This thing (Lytro) is shutter-fast, focus-FIXABLE (to which I can render said 2d-perfect shot from), and small enough to have ready at any time.

My issue is not art. It is time to capture. For me, this is an easy answer.

21. Keiran October 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

Amen to everything you just said!

Isn’t this kind of technology only going to force us to spend more time sat behind a computer and not out shooting? I adore photography, finding, waiting and finally capturing that split second. I dislike, greatly dislike, spending hours sat in front of a monitor. I want to shoot, and then shoot some more!

That said, incredibly technology, and something I’ll definitely be fascinated with.

22. randy October 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Like anything else, the Lytro camera is a tool. Like all other tools (color film, auto focus, digital sensor, numerous metering systems, the list goes on and on) it has its uses and its limitations. Every new tool starts as a gimmick. Those that last have shown that they provide something new. In the end, they are all just new things to add to the list of skills, tools and tricks that we can use to achieve whatever result we are after. What Chase is saying is true, and it goes for all other technological advancements past and future. I do not think he’s trying to downplay or undermine the Lytro from a photographic or technological standpoint, but rather that there is more to photography than the equipment that is used. Indeed, the equipment makes up almost none of it.

23. James October 25, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

this is exactly what drives me day in and day out. the realization that technology can only take us so far….what is in my chest, and/or between my ears that’s pushing me and telling my finger when to press the shutter will always overcome what geniuses in their laboratories concoct.

24. sonny saenz October 25, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

I’m buying the darn thing

25. J Walker October 25, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

It is just another “dummy” mode that will crop up on a camera that I won’t use but my mom will love.

26. James Tiblier October 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

Well said sir :) I understand where you’re coming from

27. DanielKphoto October 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

Very interesting piece of technology, not ready for the public yet I think, it’s just not there. And definitely not for the real photographers I think, focus is something you think about thoroughly, it’s not always as obvious. But definitely very interesting :)

28. João Almeida October 26, 2011 at 2:19 am #

Completely agree! Roughly the arguments I gave my friends when they saw the prototype and thought from now on everyone could take great photos.

29. Paula October 26, 2011 at 4:49 am #

Is this becoming lazy photography? Or is this how artists depicted photographers when photography came along?

Technology will always be bringing out ‘improvements’ to the way we do things. While I won’t be going out to buy one, purely because I love the technical aspects of shooting, I won’t be making a fuss over hipsters who want to fork out $399-499 for this, err.. contraption.

30. michael murphy October 26, 2011 at 5:37 am #

i heard the guy interviewed on NPR radio (i’m a nerd) the other day. i immediately googled this thing as soon as i got home. after messing around with photos for about two minutes, i decided that although an awesome technological breakthrough, not sure how much it will catch on. i could be wrong.

31. Drew October 26, 2011 at 6:31 am #

Chase, very cool technology, but I’m wondering when we will see this in professional equipment producing professional results (sharpness seems to be an issue on their demo photos… at least to me). I’m sure we will see this evolve just as we’ve seen in digital sensors over the years and the prospect of what you could do artistically with this technology is pretty exciting.

32. bob October 26, 2011 at 8:09 am #

These guys at MIT came up with a similar technology in 2006ish: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/graphics/CodedAperture/

33. fas October 26, 2011 at 8:36 am #

And the Autofocus tech has taken so much away from us!

34. Moritz October 26, 2011 at 11:18 am #

great technology for sure and in case you didnt get the focus right in the beginning truly a big benefit (i guess this will be amazing gear for everyone that shoots fast moving action such as sport or wildlife)
    yet, even with the best gear, its still a person behind the camera who needs to take a picture/ video and capture the moment. even with the best gear, if you point the camera at the wrong side of the field you miss the goal.
    i think the focus is now on us to concentrate even more on how and what we photograph as more and more can be fixed in post.
    i tried the new canon eos 1d X today, as well an amazing kit, but again even with 12frames/sec and 18mp, its still the photographer taking the picture.
    review of the 1d X on my blog in case you are interested http://www.mostphotography.blogspot.com

moritz

35. Chris October 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

Damn straight! You tell’em Chase. Stumbled.

36. Random guy October 26, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

Wow!

A lot of this chatter sounds like my parents when we started using calculators. They told us we would never be good at math if we didn’t use that slide rule…

If this provides a tool that will let me capture a moment with less possibility of error, then great!!! I am all for better and better tools. Doesn’t mean I throw out everything in the past.

Other examples?!?!

Spell check
    Cruise control
    Auto focus
    It goes on and on

37. Phil Stefans October 26, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

I can one day see Lightroom incorperating “Focus point” and “Depth of Field” sliders…and that wil be both awesome and disappointing…

38. Dov October 27, 2011 at 12:21 am #

Just a fad, and an expensive one too. Merely just a novelty toy. You’re better off investing in a niece piece of glass…

39. Geoff October 27, 2011 at 1:16 am #

I admire your unwavering optimism with pretty much everything you put out there Chase, including such advances in technology as this but to me this circumvents a major aspect of ‘photography’ as an art form and as such makes me a little sadder and nostalgic for what once was… When digital came along people were sceptical about it initially but they realised that it did away with time consuming darkroom processes and enabled people to make quick on-the-spot changes to images through chimping and the endless possibilities for file delivery that came with it. However the basic principles remained (focus, aperture choice etc.) and you still had to have a decent level of skill to capture an image which successfully translated what you wanted to too the viewer. Now it seems (as you mentioned) that the ‘decisive moment’ is no longer going to be very decisive… Henri will be rolling in his grave!

When/if this technology becomes well known and common place, it will cheapen the rest of the art form and there’ll always be a question mark hanging over certain images because there will be uncertainty about how the image was captured. If you found out that, for example, the amazing image of a high speed car crash that you liked was taken by someone who just snapping wildly away with one of these cameras, then later sharpened up in software, how would you feel about it (don’t raise PS, it’s different if used properly)? If you don’t mind, fantastic, but if there’s something there that makes you feel gipped, I wouldn’t blame you… I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m a little worried as I never like to see something get watered down and ‘bettered’ when it ain’t broke in the first place… My 2 cents worth.

40. chris October 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

word.

41. RobyFabro October 31, 2011 at 7:28 am #

Technology changes, but that doesn’t necessarily means that life get any easear, or less time consuming!
    Before the digital era, I used to spend considerably less time on my photographs, just shoot and deliver to a pro-lab for developing!
    Even if I was printing my own work, the time spent in the dark room wasn’t anything closer to the time I spend now in front of the computer! We, now, have much more control on the direction we want our work to take, but that came with a price. We had to learn new skills, computers, softwares, new computerized cameras, and more control means more time invested in post-production.
    And saying that, what good is a car without a driver who does not know where to go! Technology goes as far as the person who uses it. So, no matter what, you still have to be the Focus behind your gear!

42. Tom November 1, 2011 at 12:02 am #

Whilst the technology is impressive, and it doesn’t remove many of the challenges in photography, I do photography as a hobby and enjoy the challenges I’ve got – focussing being one of them. The fact it looks like a torch annoys me a little too!

43. Karine Ardault November 1, 2011 at 6:07 am #

WELL. SAID.

44. DAVIDE November 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Really well said! I really hate people that easily tell me “oh u must have a really good camera”… emmmm no… or that in a museum say something like “i could do that…”
    those kind of works, that sometimes seem merged with art, definitely need creativity and interaction in 360 degree with the environment and subjects. Only involved people find right answers, involving myself is the first move I’ll always try to play. I translated this post in Italian in my new website http://www.classecreativa.com. Linked here :D hope you don’t mind:D

45. Mathieu's Welsh Pictures November 6, 2011 at 7:55 am #

Interesting technology, now we have to wait if it will evolve and maybe reach the pro market. Do you think it could reach the DSLR one day and we will choose on the computer the focus point of our picture taken at 1.4 aperture?
    Somewhere, I hope not. Too much technology who does the job for the photographer isn’t a good thing.

46. Louis November 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I love that people think that these sorts of technological advances will make them better photographers, but the the truth is as the article says “you’ll need to focus all the more”

47. Kimmi Sparks November 9, 2011 at 8:53 pm #

Nice. The goal of the artist is to use technology, tools, technique, etc. to communicate their vision and message. The ever advancing world of photography is both an opportunity and a challenge . I love it. It’s exciting and always keeps you pushing, evolving and creating the next level.

48. wpsbox pro November 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

Moreover, it doesntesting It matter how extremely you ought to be complete with treating a quite platform, gradually you will discover an instance the places you need to want to do a number instruct care; and as a consequence influenced by your real age but also bodybuilding, therfore the inches of onetesting Is caravan it could be a awfully excessive pastime. motor movers

49. Isaiah Dekok November 10, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Great review! You actually covered some great news on your blog. I came across it by using Bing and I’ve got to admit that I already subscribed to the RSS, it’s very great :)

50. Karl November 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm #

An amazing innovation to photography, but it only rids us of one of the challenges in photography: Focusing. When technology innovate itself to take different perspectives of a certain image from one angle, I’m just gonna say “Shut up and take my money!”

51. lilian November 20, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

Save the expensive, stiff paper for the finished cartoons that will be printed or displayed in portfolios, or for using mediums like alcohol-based markers, or watercolor paint and washes of ink. Nike Zoom Kobe 5 TB Purple Yellow Black Shoes

52. Nathan Padilla Bowen November 21, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

Sorry folks, but if you read the technical papers, and understand the physics, light field technology can never be even remotely as good as a single sensor, and it will never, ever be as good, by a huge order of magnitude. It will always be a gimmick for consumer toys and useful for some specific technical applications. It’s cool, I don’t disagree, but the technology, by physical definition, requires a massive degradation of the total available image quality.

It’s all black light and fluorescent paint. The novelty will pass.

53. Adam Saragusa November 25, 2011 at 1:21 am #

Link exchange is nothing else however it is just placing the other person’s blog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

54. red chilli photography November 26, 2011 at 2:11 am #

I’ve been watching Lytro camera’s for sometime and as soon as they come to the uk I’ll be getting my hands on one. I agreed with your points about the photographers job is to “focus” but a very interesting technology that has potential.

55. Mikael November 29, 2011 at 11:15 am #

It is inevitable, technology and image-making have always been connected.

56. Chris Hatounian November 30, 2011 at 4:53 pm #

Great technology but funky shape. Looks like a flashlight…

57. Mark - Devon Wedding Photographer December 2, 2011 at 5:15 am #

I love gadgets and this is one that really intrigues me and I would love to have a play. I don’t think I would want to own one, much more fun playing with a full frame camera and really fast prime lenses. I’m not sure if the idea will be embraced by the masses or not so time will tell.

58. minecraft for free December 9, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

I real happy to find this web site on bing, just what I was searching for : D too saved to fav.

59. Excellent publish, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists of this sector don’t understand this. You must continue your writing. I am confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!|What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & aid different users like its helped me. Good job.

60. Autoverwertung - Auto kostenlos verwerten January 15, 2012 at 5:28 am #

I’ve been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours today, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful price sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the web might be much more useful than ever before.

61. Autoverwertung - Auto kostenlos verwerten January 15, 2012 at 5:29 am #

You already know therefore considerably on the subject of this matter, produced me in my opinion believe it from a lot of varied angles. Its like men and women are not interested except it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. At all times deal with it up!

62. Elene Barra January 26, 2012 at 1:43 am #

Thank you for this amazing post! It has long been really helpful. I wish which you will carry on posting your understanding with us.

63. Ian March 3, 2012 at 5:15 am #

I intended to send you this tiny note to finally say thanks over again relating to the spectacular pointers you’ve shown on this site. This has been simply shockingly generous of people like you giving easily what most of us could possibly have advertised for an electronic book to generate some cash for their own end, most importantly considering the fact that you might well have tried it if you ever wanted. These good tips in addition worked to be the good way to be aware that someone else have similar dreams just as mine to learn very much more pertaining to this condition. I know there are lots of more enjoyable situations ahead for those who scan through your blog.

64. Lucy March 24, 2012 at 7:41 am #

I discovered your blog website on google and test just a few of your early posts. Proceed to keep up the very good operate. I simply additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Searching for ahead to studying extra from you in a while!…

65. William March 28, 2012 at 11:38 am #

It’s arduous to seek out educated folks on this matter, but you sound like you recognize what you’re talking about! Thanks

66. Eric Hill April 18, 2012 at 2:11 am #

After research a number of of the blog posts in your web site now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site record and might be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my web site as nicely and let me know what you think.

67. Wikispaces April 19, 2012 at 10:31 am #

The next time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my option to learn, however I actually thought youd have one thing fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix in the event you werent too busy searching for attention.

68. Lucille Anderson April 20, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

I want to express some thanks to you just for bailing me out of this difficulty. Just after looking out through the world wide web and meeting concepts which were not pleasant, I believed my life was gone. Existing without the presence of approaches to the problems you have resolved by way of your good report is a crucial case, and those which could have in a wrong way damaged my career if I hadn’t discovered your blog post. Your primary skills and kindness in playing with the whole thing was vital. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t discovered such a subject like this. I can also at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time very much for this specialized and results-oriented help. I won’t be reluctant to refer your web site to any person who needs guidelines on this matter.

69. Wikispaces April 23, 2012 at 5:19 am #

Hiya! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the good info you’ve gotten here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

70. Disneyland coupons April 26, 2012 at 11:32 am #

I want to voice my passion for your kindness in support of women who require guidance on this particular field. Your real commitment to passing the solution all through appears to be definitely functional and has always made those much like me to achieve their objectives. The helpful tips and hints can mean so much to me and a whole lot more to my fellow workers. Thank you; from each one of us.

71. Rosemary April 28, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

I and my pals appeared to be digesting the good items on your web site and then all of the sudden developed a horrible suspicion I had not thanked the site owner for those techniques. All the people happened to be certainly happy to study them and have now truly been taking advantage of these things. I appreciate you for genuinely really considerate as well as for finding varieties of fabulous guides millions of individuals are really desirous to discover. Our honest apologies for not saying thanks to earlier.

72. Russell April 30, 2012 at 6:37 am #

I intended to post you a very small remark to help give thanks as before over the spectacular suggestions you’ve featured in this article. This is simply wonderfully generous of people like you in giving freely what a lot of people could possibly have made available for an e-book to help make some dough for themselves, chiefly given that you might have tried it in the event you considered necessary. These principles in addition served to become easy way to be aware that the rest have a similar dream similar to mine to figure out somewhat more when it comes to this problem. I’m certain there are a lot more pleasant situations up front for folks who view your website.

73. Schick coupon May 8, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Can I just say what a reduction to find somebody who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know easy methods to bring an issue to light and make it important. More individuals need to learn this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant imagine youre no more well-liked because you undoubtedly have the gift.

74. Printable coupon May 11, 2012 at 5:36 am #

Hiya! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good info you have got right here on this post. I might be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.

75. Clinton May 16, 2012 at 12:37 am #

You made some respectable points there. I seemed on the web for the problem and found most people will associate with together with your website.

76. 2012 May 18, 2012 at 3:31 am #

I used to be very pleased to seek out this web-site.I wanted to thanks to your time for this wonderful learn!! I definitely having fun with every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

77. Avis coupon code 2012 May 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

After study a number of of the blog posts on your website now, and I really like your approach of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site list and will likely be checking again soon. Pls try my website online as nicely and let me know what you think.

78. Wedding Photography Devon October 13, 2012 at 5:58 am #

Great article, always nice to be reminded about these basic issues. Thanks.

79. Devon Wedding Photographer October 14, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Interesting, I’d never heard about one of these before?

80. Eleanor Perkins February 20, 2013 at 3:42 am #

I and also my pals have already been taking note of the best suggestions from your website and then suddenly came up with a horrible suspicion I never thanked the blog owner for those techniques. These men were certainly happy to study them and have seriously been using those things. Thank you for genuinely quite thoughtful and for picking this sort of really good ideas millions of individuals are really desperate to learn about. Our honest regret for not expressing gratitude to you sooner.

81. Discounts here February 26, 2013 at 8:10 pm #

Some really superb blog posts on this site, regards for contribution. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” by Arnold Glasgow.

82. Coupons February 28, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me. Good job.

83. Carl March 4, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

I know of the fact that now, more and more people are attracted to cameras and the area of images. However, being a photographer, you have to first expend so much time frame deciding the exact model of dslr camera to buy along with moving out of store to store just so you can buy the cheapest camera of the trademark you have decided to settle on. But it isn’t going to end right now there. You also have take into consideration whether you should purchase a digital dslr camera extended warranty. Thanks for the good points I received from your weblog.

84. Global golf coupon March 6, 2013 at 8:34 am #

I have noticed that online degree is getting popular because attaining your college degree online has turned into a popular alternative for many people. A huge number of people have definitely not had a possible opportunity to attend an established college or university nonetheless seek the raised earning possibilities and a better job that a Bachelor Degree gives you. Still other individuals might have a college degree in one training but would choose to pursue anything they already have an interest in.

85. TU BILLETE April 4, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

Reserva tus vacaciones y viajes en TuBillete.com: hoteles, vuelos, vacaciones, barcos, excursiones y coches de alquiler.

86. Coupons April 19, 2013 at 8:59 am #

Thanks for revealing your ideas. A very important factor is that students have a selection between fed student loan and a private education loan where its easier to select student loan debt consolidation loan than with the federal education loan.

87. Outlets April 19, 2013 at 11:34 am #

Merely a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great layout. “Competition is a painful thing, but it produces great results.” by Jerry Flint.

88. Nakesha Teuteberg April 6, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

This is a great piece. Attractive producing about a lovely individual, with viscerally intriguing artwork.

89. New SIM Card April 23, 2014 at 3:37 am #

Great web site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours these days. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

90. polskie forum dyskusyjne April 23, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I’m going to revisit once again since i have bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.

91. Lasik Eye Surgery San Diego April 23, 2014 at 8:34 pm #

im contemplating if you offer any subscription for your RSS feeds as I can be very interested in any link to subscribe here.

92. polskie forum April 24, 2014 at 2:55 am #

Right here is the right blog for everyone who really wants to find out about this topic. You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which has been discussed for ages. Excellent stuff, just great!

93. polskie forum April 24, 2014 at 9:26 am #

I want to to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to check out new things you post…

94. website April 24, 2014 at 10:35 am #

Everything is very open with a really clear description of the challenges. It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful. Thank you for sharing!

95. Myles Klosowski April 25, 2014 at 11:42 am #

It is my belief that mesothelioma is most deadly cancer. It’s got unusual attributes. The more I really look at it the more I am convinced it does not behave like a true solid human cancer. If mesothelioma is really a rogue virus-like infection, therefore there is the possibility of developing a vaccine in addition to offering vaccination for asbestos exposed people who are at high risk associated with developing upcoming asbestos connected malignancies. Thanks for revealing your ideas for this important health issue.

96. penomet April 25, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

Hey! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the good info you’ve got here on this post. I will be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

97. Provailen In South Africa April 25, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

That is really attention-grabbing, You’re a very professional blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to seeking extra of your great post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks!

98. Ramon April 25, 2014 at 8:45 pm #

hi there remarkable little site ya have there I utilize the exact template on mine and yet for whatever weird cause it looks to load faster on your site despite the fact that this blog provides a little more content. Have you been using some plugins or widgets which speed it up? Do you think you might be able to reveal the programs so I could use these on my own blog I would be thankful cheers ahead of time

99. yacon syrup diet April 29, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be interesting to read through content from other writers and practice something from other sites.

100. Ashleigh April 30, 2014 at 12:50 am #

This might be 1 on the most beneficial blogs we’ve ever come across on thesubject. Incredible .. I would have to interact with you here.

101. Dirk May 1, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

I’d must check with you here. Which is not something I normally do! I enjoy studying a submit that will make folks think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

102. click reference May 5, 2014 at 7:30 pm #

I all the time download a full show in parts, that’s always present at YouTube, because my network connection is very slow and YouTube fulfils my wishes.

103. Isabelle Adebisi May 6, 2014 at 4:13 pm #

Perfectly composed subject material, thanks for information .

104. Jeffrey Dings May 6, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing subject with ur rss . Don

105. green coffee weight loss side effects May 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm #

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy I stumbled across this in my hunt for something regarding this.

106. Lucas Caneer May 8, 2014 at 1:18 am #

It’s an interesting problem. I appreciate the video you showed of the day helps convey the work and how it has impacted people and that can survive. But I understand the detail in the work artists like yourself do ranges from hardware (platform, display mechanisms), to coding, and to the physical environment. I wonder if there are other digital artists working but thinking about the longevity of their work, or whether it restricts their freedom of expression too much?

107. Lloyd Kusch May 8, 2014 at 7:49 am #

You really captured the feeling of the year it’s been such a great experience!

108. Shad Eppes May 8, 2014 at 11:12 am #

” The site also offers items for sale, including apparel and bags emblazoned with a drawing of a mustachioed cat; I could not find any statistics about how much merchandise the website sells, but the items for sale actually looked pretty good. One of my favorite ones is where the thanksgiving turkey is hiding from a guy, who apparently wants to get him in the oven, by placing a lampshade on his head and standing on a dresser so he looks like a lamp. Use old fabric to create puppets, monsters, and any other creatures that your child can imagine.

109. Dorinda Zietz May 9, 2014 at 8:09 am #

P.S. (my last for now.)

110. Andrea Mackney May 9, 2014 at 9:06 am #

Ha! First episode of Kasit’s “Information Avalanche” to set the peasants straight, eh? ISOC’s “rural project” off to a fine start!

111. Marcelo Yant May 13, 2014 at 5:25 am #

The polar regions’ extremes in lengths of the seasons and day and night are an intriguing introduction to misunderstood scientific concepts. Research has long documented that people of all ages – elementary school children, college students, and adults – cannot explain the cause of day and night or seasons. While the prevalence of these misconceptions, as well as the complexity of the subject, makes it unlikely that students will leave elementary school with a complete and correct understanding, it is important to assess, target, and challenge these misconceptions even in the early years.

112. Marianna Vijil May 14, 2014 at 6:56 am #

The Government Printing Office does print all U.S. passports and other materials pertaining to U.S. citizenship.

113. Denisha May 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm #

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this website.
    I am hoping to view the same high-grade content from you in the future as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal blog now
    ;)

114. fifa world cup dvd collection June 14, 2014 at 9:16 am #

England’s World Cup led to a combination of humiliation and controversy as they had been thrashed by Germany in Bloemfontein

If the raucous spectators were presupposed to make the Mexicans uneasy, nevertheless, it was the
    Individuals who started the sport tentatively.
    El Tri fortunately let the US venture into its half before deploying its
    press, regularly catching the Americans football cup world out on a sloppy pass
    and charging ahead en masse. The USA was primarily pinned back, despite having the
    majority of the ball, as a result of the center of the sector was
    so congested that circulation grew very fraught.

115. Anti Aging Night Cream Reviews July 8, 2014 at 1:46 pm #

Heya now i’m to the key time frame here. I ran across this kind of panel i in discovering It truly valuable & that forced me to be away a lot. I’m hoping to provide anything returning along with aid other individuals as you reduced the problem.

116. Academias de ingles Oxford School soria, Supera todos tus exámenes en nustro centro.academias , academias soria ,escuela de idiomas.

117. reviews on younique products July 18, 2014 at 5:19 am #

I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with your site. It appears like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Cheers

118. Proprium Marketing July 29, 2014 at 7:23 pm #

I am glad to be one of several visitors on this great site (:, thanks for posting .

119. microsoft toolkit 2 5 beta 1 August 7, 2014 at 12:13 am #

To be accurate this Microsoft Dot Net Framework is an excellent
    collaboration of several web alternatives and traditional
    Microsoft technology. For other options, Web based word processors are becoming ever more prevalent, specifically in the addressing of collaborative
    writing. *A Quick Tip: If you are waiting for something really important cross
    reference this with your electronic calendar.

120. kesuburan istri August 10, 2014 at 5:54 am #

She can lay about 2500 eggs each day and produces more than 30,000 off springs during her entire lifetime.
    Many women choose to have lots of sex right in the middle of these cycle, but this may not be the best time.
    Here is short list of some food stuff that can boost fertility:.

121. コルボ バッグ August 16, 2014 at 1:44 am #

You should be a part of a contest for one of the best websites on the internet.
    I most certainly will highly recommend this blog!

122. Boom Beach Hack download August 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

Google maps, Drive, cloud storage, and email services are the
    most commonly accessed, and having such services integrated into your Android app
    gives the extra edge of connecting with a growing.
    Google Operating system is one of the advance cellular systems for creating cell phones.
    Share and send unlimited messages, photos, audio clips, videos, current location (GPS) and contacts to all friends, colleagues, family and beloveds.

123. 제우스아로마.com August 17, 2014 at 7:53 pm #

He is the founder of Philly Hypnosis, The
    Philadelphia area’s Premiere Neuro-Medical
    Hypnosis Practice. Valerian- Valerian is a
    sedative nervine used to relax the nervous system. Commit a few minutes petting Fido to uncover
    oneself refreshed and a bit a lot more peaceful.

124. wedding photography tips for photographers August 19, 2014 at 11:37 am #

So, in a sense you should check the quality and the fit of your
    photographer. Lastly, they should have experience shooting
    the wedding itself. Only a highly experienced photographer is capable of organizing people and
    taking shots of the precious moments.

125. www.logic-Rapid.co.uk August 20, 2014 at 11:14 pm #

This article will assist the internet visitors for
    setting up new webpage or even a weblog from start to end.

126. Corliss Spurrier August 30, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

I do believe all of tthe ideas you’ve introduced for your post.
    Thhey aree very convincing annd can definitely work.

Still, the posts are too quick for starters. May just you pledase lengthen them a
    bit from next time? Thank you ffor the post.

127. Marietta September 1, 2014 at 11:04 am #

a cookie-cutter approach really doesn’t work as a newborn is slightly different from an older baby who is slightly different from a
    toddler, etc. As a result of producing a better
    understanding of the body’s consequence to yeast and its ability to
    make an unnecessary quantity (which leads to an infection),
    then measures can be taken to thwart and hopefully eliminate this
    situation. A natural cure for your yeast infection will include
    diet and many other lifestyle changes.

1. Nice point raised here as the world of photography now phocuses on the photons « residentkennedy - October 27, 2011

[...] You Don't Need To Focus? Think Again. | Chase Jarvis Blog Source: blog.chasejarvis.com Emerging technologies are really helping photographers make amazing work, especially the new Lytro [...]

2. How the Lytro is supposed to work (dpreview) - October 27, 2011

[...] Meh … focus is so much more than where you point the AF sensor. http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/201…s-think-again/ ____________________________ http://www.eppbphoto.com (I did not choose the title that I have) [...]

3. Required Reading 10.28.2011 | Luke Copping Photography - Blog - October 28, 2011

[...] • With all the talk about Lytro being a game changing piece of technology, it is great to see someone like Chase Jarvis deliver a reminder about what is really important to focus on. [...]

4. Chase J « bakergraphic - October 31, 2011

[...] Reading a blog post from Chase Jarvis. which you can see here http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2011/10/think-you-dont-need-to-focus-think-again/ [...]

5. Links for 2011-10-26 through 2011-10-31 | the fabulous freak - November 1, 2011

[...] Think You Don’t Need To Focus? Think Again. [Chase Jarvis Blog][shared in delicious, tags:] A great post by Chase where he cools down the hype around light field cameras and explains why a photographer still has to focus, even if the camera doesn't require it. [...]

6. Basta semplicemente premere un bottone e scattare? « CLASSE CREATIVA - November 1, 2011

[...] da chasejarvis [...]