The Best Advice Ever On The Business of Art & Photography — Ramit Sethi on #cjLIVE — Tues Dec 13

UPDATE: if you’re reading this post now…The no BS Business Edition of #cjLIVE with #1 Amazon & New York Times best-seller Ramit Sethi is TODAY 11:00 Seattle Time, 2pm NYC, 19:00 London! Learn to negotiate fees and show value to your clients from one of the world’s best…
_______

No one has single-handedly given me better insight about the business side of art/photography than has Ramit Sethi. [Go ahead and read that again.] In a single conversation earlier this year he dropped so much knowledge on me that I couldn’t take notes fast enough. So right now, you should be asking yourself “Who is this guy?” and “How can I learn from him?” Questions answered: Ramit is a business guru, the author of #1 Amazon & New York Times Best-Selling “I Will Teach You To Be Rich”, AND–lucky for all of us–he’s my guest this Tuesday, December 13th on chasejarvis LIVE. Do yourself a favor – tune in to that show.

Ditch the idea of yourself as a starving artist. Throw away the notion that you’re doomed to be another poor creative soul. This won’t be a fluffy episode about theories or what-ifs, this will be a hart hitting, no BS, hit list for succeeding at the business/financial side of art, photography, design, or any creative pursuit. Ramit (@ramit) blows me away because he can put into words (and actionable to-do lists) all the stuff you’ve been thinking you could say or do…or wanting to say to your clients past, present and future.

Who: You, Me, Ramit & a worldwide gathering of creative people
What: Q&A with business coach/NYT best-seller Ramit Sethi
When: this Tuesday, December 13th at 11:00am Seattle time (2 pm NYC time or 19:00 London time)
Where: tune in to www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free and anyone can watch.

Among other things, we will discuss:

_Specific techniques to negotiate with your clients
_Concrete strategies to help you earn more money per job, shoot, photo, etc
_How to –in very specific terms– illustrate the value of your creative work to your clients
_When to work for free (or cheap) and when NOT to
_How these principles can guide so many other parts of your life
_and a metric tonne more…

Also, we will be taking a boatload of questions from YOU, so cue them up now and ask them all during the show using my Twitter handle @chasejarvis and hashtag #cjLIVE. If you don’t come away with a new vocabulary for talking about the value of your work AND a new bad-ass approach for negotiating, I’ll eat my shorts.

***Lastly, for a little fun and to pimp this show, we’ll be giving away two signed copies of Ramit’s Best-Selling book, I Will Teach You To Be Rich, to the two people who send out the best tweet that contains the URL (or short url) to THIS post AND hashtag #cjLIVE, starting right now and ending at the beginning of the show on Tuesday. Enter as many times (tweets) as you want.

See you on Tuesday Dec 13. Please spread the word!

[image by Mike Kepka/SF Chroincle]

TrainingHair says:

thank you for such an informative information on hair. We train in hair extensions in the UK.

I enjoyed your useful site. excellent work. I hope you write others. I will carry on reading

Jalisa Tasma says:

I had been researching a number of your posts on this site and I believe this site is very helpful! Keep adding.

Eduardo says:

Cool Post Chase. Very informational Thanks

Deborah says:

Wonderful Chase and Ramit! I just watched the recorded session of the interview… You guys R.O.C.K.
I don’t tweet, so did not participate during the show, but it was very informative and I am very grateful that you guys offered this so willingly w/o trying to sell me something else to be able to utilize the info you talked about.
Thanks so much!
chase I love reading your blog and love that you keep it real.
Can’t wait to see what you have for us in 012!
Thanks again, and
Have a Merry Christmas!

~Deborah Flowers

Deborah says:

Hi Chase,
Unfortunately, I have to join the throng of other folks who were unable to attend this event. I too am hoping for a replay please, or other recorded process.
It sounds to be definitely, information i need,
Thanks so much for your consideration in this matter.
Deborah Flowers

Thomas Lee says:

Thanks so much for the program today. That’s all stuff I really needed to hear.

Han says:

Chase Jarvis Live is simply awesome!! Thanks Chase & Ramit!!

Alistair says:

video stream very choppy at my end… about 3 seconds ok followed by 3 secs off.. :(

please make sure this is available afterwards… Ramit has a habit of making sure if you’re not there live, you miss out. this is important to be freely available to all who aren’t on 100% perfect net connections

Matt says:

Very excited for this!

Simon says:

I’m really looking forward to this. I sometimes have trouble focusing my hustle so “actionable to-do lists” might be just what I need to gain some traction.

Thanks for arranging this Chase, and 7pm UK time means I can enjoy a beer too! :)

Jason Lopez says:

Just downloaded Ramit Sethi’s book from Audible. Now looking forward to the show!

Tim says:

7pm London Time. CANNOT wait.

Luis Bertos says:

I hope to see it. It would be possible with Spanish subtitles for those who have some language problems? hehe. Is it asking too much? Sorry. thanks for your effort. :)

Rio Helmi says:

I am working freelance photog – shooting photo essays, commercial work, and have my own gallery. Am shooting for three days so can’t watch – please give a link where I can watch a recording of this… Yeah I know that you can’t guarantee a replay or rcording but think of us working photogs :) (ok pretty please with a cherry on top).

Rio

sherri says:

legit. i’m in.

Mike Wilson says:

To everyone asking about replay… Chase seems to have an audio podcast where he posts all of these sessions. They also seem to get posted to YouTube. I would imagine that you could find them in both of those places, but I make no promises on Mr. Jarvis and his team’s time.

I cannot wait!! I really hope I have to time to watch this time…

Sounds so worthwhile. Unfortunately, I’ve got an event and won’t be available. Will there be access to a replay or on-demand?

Thank you!

Rafal Pikul says:

It will be all here the next day, I assume

Chase says:

ACTUALLY… I can’t say that it will be. We don’t re-broadcast every episode because we can’t predict our schedule. We’re working on details now, but the only way to be sure to see it is to plan on attending the LIVE online broadcast… -cj

Rafal Pikul says:

Hi Chase & Everyone
I didn’t know that. I thought there is an acces to the LIVE recordings in the future too.
Anyway, I understand you and I (and LOT of people ) will join you in 10hrs for LIVE experience.
In the same time it would be great if there is a possibility of watching episodes later on, as some people may have real reasons not being able to attend the LIVE experience. I believe you take it into consideration.
Chase, THANK YOU for your episodes. Thanks for CreativeLive. It all helps us a lot :)
Appreciate once again!!
ps. Merry Christmas from London! :)
Rafal Pikul

Launa Bodde says:

.Admitting I haven’t read anything by Ramit Sethi, but this is a brilliant: “Throw away the idea that you are doomed to be another poor creative soul.” God knows I love the whole Bohemian culture, but it’s not sustainable and in the end it only hurts our art because we end up unable to support ourselves and give it all up. Looking forward to the show!

Jason Korkidakis says:

Excited! See you both Tuesday!

J

Gil Gomes says:

Unfortunately I’ll be working, replay anywhere ?

Mike C says:

I was wondering that myself. My day job prevents me from actually participating in this (boo!). Am hoping for a rebroadcast or recording.

Rafal Pikul says:

It will be all here the next day I assume :)

Alex Cican says:

Or you an view all the latest recorded episodes here:

Annoyed I couldn’t watch this as it started as I had to leave work. Wish it would be up already.

Han says:

Both are inspiring! Thanks Chase & Ramit.