Flying Rhinos: Mind-Blowing Photos & Video

Flying Rhinos from Green Renaissance on Vimeo.

This story of Rhino rescue is beautifully told and heartwarming. Cheers to the people of Green Renaissance. BUTTTT…the VISUALS from this story? They are simply mind-blowing.

Hey Team, keep doing your stuff.

24 Responses to Flying Rhinos: Mind-Blowing Photos & Video

1. Han December 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

Stunning. Thanks for sharing.

2. sjorkjeis December 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Hey, these photo’s are really giving me a good feeling.
    Nice job and beautiful pictures en video!

Yes, I like!

3. Will December 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

How can you commend these guys? How can hanging a Rhino from the bottom of helicopter comfort any of you?!

• Ryan Edick December 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

Perhaps you should actually watch the video? It’s all about a number of people and organizations working together to help preserve a beautiful animal.

• Adam Haworth December 14, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Its not to comfort us, its to help the Rhino’s and give them a future as an animal. Watch the video its all explained.

4. Remi Boucher December 13, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

Man! that must feel like alien abduction for them ;)

5. John Caetano December 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

What a great story. I’m not sure if hanging them the way they do is the best way to transport these large animals but I understand their cause and support it….Just wish there was a better way to transport.

6. Alton Marsh December 13, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

With all the bokeh, was this DSLR work? Anyone know?

7. Kristina Juarbe December 13, 2011 at 8:13 pm #

What a great story and visuals!! Love it.

8. Andy December 13, 2011 at 10:19 pm #

Big up the ZA homeland. And some stunning visuals.

@John – you got a better suggestion than the idea arrived at by all these experts with a helluva lot of years of experience doing this thing? Just wondering.

• Chris Allen December 18, 2011 at 6:59 am #

Totally, these guys havent just stepped on South African soil… they know what they are doing, Rhino are extremely durable animals… its their horns that make them vulnerable due to the dumb asses that seem to think they possess some magical stimulant…???

Big up to this project and the creatives involved… Eastern Cape is my home region! Thanks for caring for South African wildlife!

9. Trevor December 13, 2011 at 11:05 pm #

This is excellent, and raises awareness to the plight of these magnificent beasts. I feel proud to have seen these wonderful creatures in the wild in my own country

10. Belinda McCarthy December 14, 2011 at 4:26 am #

Just wow. Masterfully shot and told, so thanks so much for sharing. I have a little tear in my eye now.

11. Arthur WWf December 15, 2011 at 8:01 am #

Hey, i realy like the shots but everybody who thinks
    wwf is “THE environmental orgeanisation” is wrong.
    For more information go to wikipedia or watch
    “silence of pandas”.

12. Moritz December 16, 2011 at 5:59 am #

some great images. agree that the way they transport them doesnt look good but i assume its a safe way to transport them. always find it shocking to see that a lot of animals are just killed for their fur or in this case their horns. wildlife is always amazing. watching ‘Whale Wars’ on documentry channel and its shocking to see those huge animals getting killed knowing there aren’t many out there anymore.

i think us as photographers and filmmakers have some power to show the world the beauty as well as the cruelty of hunters to hopefully change the world a bit.

moritz

and follow me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/moritzstragholzphotography

13. Martin Beebee December 19, 2011 at 10:01 am #

Really powerful imagery and great use for storytelling. A bit heavy on the out-of-focus/lensbaby look for me though — I felt like it started distracting from the story after the 3rd or 4th time.

14. tracy raver photography December 19, 2011 at 1:18 pm #

Great looking weblog. Precisely what theme are you currently making use of?

15. DanielKphoto December 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Really interesting, not something you see everyday. Flying upside down rhinos :P

16. Josh Mitchell December 22, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

These shots are freakin’ amazing.

17. Johann Neethling December 29, 2011 at 1:03 am #

Thanks for posting this video. Hoping it’ll create some worldwide awareness of rhino conservation in South Africa! With the poachings going on here and ever increasing, it’s a battle that is getting out of hand and making the rhino furure looking dim.
    I’d say, we need all the help we gan get here!

18. Jack December 29, 2011 at 6:03 am #

I never thought that you can transport a rhino with a helicopter.. Thanks for sharing that video

19. Jenika January 13, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

I just saw a video made by The Piano Guys where they helicoptered a baby grand piano + cello + amazing singer onto a stunning cliff and put on a concert. The video is unbelievable, I can’t wait for their behind the scenes video to come out. It reminded me of the flying rhinos!

20. andy green February 25, 2012 at 5:09 am #

great video and story, brilliant