The Next Time You Have A Great Idea…

The next time you have a great idea, don’t write it down. Just do your great idea.

[Btw, the irony of this note is not lost on me…]

—-

[I’m starting to more regularly post these little notes I scribble out–little journal notes to myself that I’m making public. If you like them, please let me know here, G+ or Twitter. I write them using Amazing Type-writer app for iPhone.]

Illinois For Sale by Owner

Yoshie says:

After i retire my dream is to go to Hawaii and live out the rest of my life. We went there on our 25th wedding aniversary and it was fabulous.

A large amount of functions on these steam showers, I like the radio opinion along with the lighting style

Savi says:

I don’t EVEN write down my ideas…so HAH, I win?!

Cris says:

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

seo says:

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back.

Very true! I have loads of things in mind that I just don’t know where to start. So might as well start doing than merely fabricating it in my mind. :D

Scott says:

Of course, if your great idea is to murder the old moneylender to check that you’re superhuman and above the immorality of such an act, then perhaps best to just write it down

DanielKphoto says:

Beautiful quote Chase, I definitely agree and it’s something I have to work on really hard. Little notes like this on your blog definitely push me to do such things and without you, I wouldn’t be anywhere close to where I am right now in photography. I still have a very long way to go though, but I love going down that way and you’re helping me along the way. Thanks for that in all you posts and vids! You’re a true god man.

Nabila says:

Hi Mr. Jarvis, do you teach somewhere? i would very much like to learn from you

Jon says:

brb… gonna go shoot that alpine touring short film i’ve been dreaming of for the last …. year.

David G. says:

Taking action on ideas is always a great idea!

Scott says:

The note is not ironic. I think in this case what you have written down constitutes the idea.

eddiebaba says:

Go old school and use a #2 pencil and paper to draw out your visualazations, along with your notes.

Ivan Aguillon says:

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than idea that exists only as an idea.

RobyFabro says:

Absolutely, especially if you have the tendency to loose the paper you write your notes on;).

John Glynn says:

I think write down all ideas or they are gone in a heartbeat. Love that app – reminded me of my Grandad and inspired me to write a poem! Have shared the link back to here. http://www.johndglynn.com/blogging-is-life-fun-iphone-poetry

Chase,
Reminds me very much of a piece of advice I’ve seen for aspiring writers — “Don’t aspire. Write.” Same message. Different words.
Cheers,
Trev J.

Jiri Malcharek says:

agreed

Girish says:

What a good time for this post to come. Recently, I have been moving and trying a lot of video with my 550D and I am stunned with what the moving imagery can do.

You have some great posts about photography – tips – work – projects – how tos. Can we have one on the basics of video with dslrs. How to get stable shots like panning, kind of left to right movement etc. What projects can one start as a learning process.

I would really glad if you could get a post for the above.

Thanks,
Girish.

So true! Writing down the real good ideas in a way kills them!

Push yourself to start them.. You will see that if the concept was good enough it naturally evolves in itself.. If it doesnt you still will get something out of it. So it always ends up as a win-win situation..

Dainius says:

Love open ideas, Mr. Chase!

That’s rigth! Grab the bull by it’s horns…

These little snippets are kind of the iphone photo of the blogging world – pretty straghtforward, yet it takes thought to do them right. I think they are part of your evolution. ;-)

Love these tips, Chase! Keep ‘em coming!

Jim says:

I have an head full of ideas but no moolah to carry them out. Any ideas?

jay says:

Go ahead and follow through with them on paper. If everything works out well and you can prove it, an investor will bite.

Tony Rath says:

Great idea Chase, look forward to more.

mega dig this, mr. c

Krista says:

Great thanks for the new inspiration !

Malixe says:

Only problem is that if you have more than one great idea at a time? Might be kind of tough to do them all once. Better go ahead and write them down…too.

Amy says:

Yes, please keep them coming! What an inspiring message. Thanks!

Will Mcgregor says:

I’ve been loving that little app, love the words more :) thanks dude