Aspen Wrap Up — Helicopters, Snowcats, Bikes + BTS Photo Gallery

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...14 15 16 Next

chase jarvis aspen photo 31

Heli overhead - shot w iphone (that's why the blades are bent)

Whew! Days 5 & 6 of our shoot for Aspen are in the can and we’ve celebrated a massive success. The weather drama we were expecting passed us by, unaffected, and we kept the sun in the sky the entirely of the two days.

Click through the tabs above to check a bunch more behind-the-scenes images shot mostly by the crew and cast…daily details below for your reading pleasure (and don’t miss the ApresBike!

Thursday we had the good privilege of shooting lifestyle images on the mountain for two separate shots, one in the morning and one in the afternoon…both during the “magic hours” of first and last light. First shot included another pre 5am call time and a snowcat ride of the mountain pre-dawn to get into position. The second shot had us travel over to Snowmass and onto a freshly groomed slope – a treat at 3pm. Overall big love for making authentically driven/motivated lifestyle shots with brands the get it…and the lifestyle twist is always a treat (and a physical break) to change it up amidst several days of action photography.

Friday morning was another early call – 5am again. Another pre-dawn snowcat ride to the biggest hit in the terrain park with some world-class Aspen local ahtletes. Oh ya…and then this neat-o helicopter whisked me into the air. More shin-cam footage will be coming at ya, along with some really unique still and motion shots. Weather again = perfect, and thanks to a kickass crew and talent, we were wrapped by 1030 am, just as the sun started getting high in the sky.

BOOYaH! And you might be wondering about the bike reference in the title of this post? Our producers were cool enough to get the whole crew – 14 of us in total on the Aspen ApresBike – a 14 seater bike/rolling bar complete with dance tunes, food and beverage to roll around the town and hit all the happy hours to celebrate our great campaign week. Few photos in the tabs above.

Hope you enjoyed following along with us. Big shoutout to Aspen/Snowmass for letting us share the adventure. Let us know what you loved, what you missed, if anything. And, as always, stay tuned for more.

16 Responses to Aspen Wrap Up — Helicopters, Snowcats, Bikes + BTS Photo Gallery

1. Brian Bulemore March 12, 2012 at 11:01 am #

Chase…great info and photos as always! As an early-career editorial/commercial shooter, I appreciate the constant window into your inspiring work! And, if you dig the rolling Apres-bar, there’s yet another reason to come to Bend, Oregon…The Cycle Pub!! Check it out and give a shout when you get down here! http://goo.gl/8lsEs

2. Jeremy Jeziorski March 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Oh man – look at that light… Love it.

3. Drew Castellaw March 12, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

What an amazing assignment! Your photographs are an inspiring piece of work. I’m currently in school pursuing photojournalism. Every time I view the work you are doing, I wish I could just jump in there with you and experience the world!

4. DanielKphoto March 13, 2012 at 2:09 am #

Epic images! Light looks great, weather looks great, snow looks great! It seems like you had a wonderful shoot! Thanks so much for sharing all of this! It was very nice to follow along, already looking forward to the next photoshoot that will be documented like this :)

Daniel

5. Steve Deschenes March 13, 2012 at 11:50 am #

À voir encore une fois les images et les sourires sur les visages “Je sais tout que vous avez eu beaucoup de fun à y être tous ensemble” Soleil + Belle équipe = Parfait shooting !!
    Bravo de partager ça avec nous Steve

6. Martin Walter March 14, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Wow – awesome photos + assignment!
    How about a sport photography workshop at creativeLive ? :)

7. Aputure March 19, 2012 at 1:38 am #

Thanks for sharing this series. Look forward to more of them!

8. Patrick April 12, 2012 at 3:44 am #

Chase -
    I picked up a hero cam to get some aerial shots via remote and read at the photographers for real estate blog that the FAA is going after commercial photographers that use drones without a pilots liscense. Do you know if this is an isolated incident? I loved the BTS photo of your drone setup. I really hope the FAA isn’t persuing people on this. How can you push the edges but not risk the client images? Is it the old addage don’t put all your eggs in one basket?

9. watch walking dead online season 3 February 27, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

We are over-saturated with this kind of stuff now, no need for more.

10. Luella Garnick May 15, 2014 at 10:49 pm #

I’ve been reading this blog for just a great though. Keep up the magnificent job you are doing here.

11. Alex Getting July 30, 2014 at 2:49 am #

I’d adore to retire in San Raphael, France on the Mediterranean Sea. It is so lovely! I’d also function on learning French since very few individuals there speak English.

12. castle clash hack tool v2.0 download August 11, 2014 at 8:01 am #

This website was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something
    that helped me. Cheers!

13. castle clash hack tool download for android August 13, 2014 at 11:22 pm #

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a
    blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

14. 8 ball pool hack 2.3.0 August 13, 2014 at 11:31 pm #

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about chase jarvis. Regards

15. www August 18, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

That is a very good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere. Short but very accurate info… Appreciate your sharing this one. A must read post!

16. Barbra August 22, 2014 at 2:52 am #

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Very helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot.
    I was looking for this certain information for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.