1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Theodore Roosevelt

Might have caught this earlier, but here’s a fascinating look at iconic portraits that were originally shot in black and white that have since been colorized in Photoshop. Normally, I don’t fall for this stuff, but this is incredibly elegant I’d say. Seeing Abraham Lincoln in color just seems to make him more a little more “real”. Same goes for the others above. These guys/gals look like a bunch of color slides I found in my attic… Click through the photo tabs above to continue the loveliness…. Happy Friday – share the delight.

(this work via Sanna Dullaway over at reddit)

14 Responses to New Twist To Iconic Photographs [Abe Lincoln + Others Via Fresh Photoshop Colorization]

1. Jon March 23, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Oh no… you are a redditor too? God help us all.

• Chris March 23, 2012 at 11:18 am #

It’s a lot better than 9gaggers and tumblr users :)

2. Terry March 23, 2012 at 11:09 am #

Förr i färg is ding similar stuff to this.

3. todd schnick March 23, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

ok, the shot of lincoln is kinda freaky…

4. Mads March 23, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Very nice colorization – love the skin tones on the first one.

I actually gave it a shot for a photoshop contets once – made a video.

Check it out if it has any interest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-koFDoc5Dw

- Mads

5. Jim March 23, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

Abe looks like he just ‘broke wind’

6. Moritz March 26, 2012 at 4:20 am #

funny how it goes… old pics we start to recolour and new pics we convert into black and white to give them the classy look and feel.

have a great week

moritz

7. RvF March 26, 2012 at 7:25 am #

Definitely the first one looks like it could have been taken recently, the coloring is very realistic and the black background makes it appear more modern!

8. Lanelle Dubitsky July 30, 2014 at 2:24 am #

I do not seriously care how or when i get the Letters in the Mail. Every time it arrives, it feels like a letter should be. It’s suddenly there in my mail box a single day. A wonderful, tangible surprise. I’m for you doing whatever you want when you send it. Mix it up for the people who help get it sent out. Include crumbs from your lunch. Coffee stains. Whatever. Keep the tedious naturel of getting letters out to a minimum by doing whatever you feel like that day. The arrival of your letter and the words of the author inside are what matters. Personally, what I like ideal about The Rumpus is that I never ever know what I’ll read through that day. Or if there just isn’t one that day, maybe it’s because Stephen couldn’t come across anything to say or there was as well much planning on.

9. Kenneth Dolbeare August 9, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to produce a superb article

10. 8 ball pool game August 12, 2014 at 10:15 am #

Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. That is a
    really smartly written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark
    it and return to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post.
    I will certainly comeback.

11. castle clash hack september password August 19, 2014 at 7:34 am #

Good respond in return of this difficulty with real arguments
    and telling everything regarding that.

12. Cliff August 19, 2014 at 9:57 am #

You have a great site and your theme is perfect.

13. distilling rum August 29, 2014 at 1:39 pm #

Thanks for all your valuable work on this blog. Gloria really likes doing investigation and it’s really easy to see why. I notice all relating to the dynamic way you produce both interesting and useful guides through this web blog and as well as attract contribution from website visitors on that theme while our child is without question becoming educated so much. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. You’re doing a fantastic job.