Video Blog/Update from Aspen-Snowmass Campaign Shoot — Day 3

Heading into Day 3 during our Aspen/Snowmass campaign, the weather report was looking sketchy. Lo and behold, we were completely wrong–the weather shifted to pure glory and we were able to make some amazing photos again today with the collaboration of a solid crew. Thought I’d save some time/energy from doing some typing, so here’s my video journal breakdown of the day…

Highlights:
-surprise perfect weather
-more work with Chris Davenport, world-renowned skier/mountaineer
-work with the remote helicopter folks from GravityShots – amazing angles with that chopper
-epic skiing in the Aspen trees
-NOW the weather looks to be shifting to the worse…

Watch the vid for more details on each – plus there’s some behind the scenes photos at the end of the clip… Enjoy – and feel free to hit me with any questions if you have em!

________

chase jarvis aspen video

28 Responses to Video Blog/Update from Aspen-Snowmass Campaign Shoot — Day 3

1. earl March 7, 2012 at 9:24 am #

v excited for the update, awesome! can’t wait to see the shots…. but please, ease up on the zooms….that and the gondola movement is making me a bit queasy :-)

• earl March 7, 2012 at 9:27 am #

loved the BTS shots, quick question, when you shoot, are you on skis the whole time? how do you swing that and getting your setups for the shots. I’ve been filling in as the photog for my local mountain and this is always a question in my head, sometimes I ski with them, sometimes I hike it, and i would love a little insight on shooting ski photos from your perspective?! thank you!!!!

• Chase March 7, 2012 at 9:42 am #

When not shooting from a helicopter, I get my base mobility from being on skis to get into particular position. Deepending on the shoot/size and nature of crew, we usually have a mini basecamp set up where producers/talent/art direction post up and we move on foot/skis near that while capturing the shots. Sometimes, with small, skeleton crews – say just me an assistant and talent – will go remote without production support.

• earl March 7, 2012 at 10:29 am #

your the best! thank you!!!

2. brian March 7, 2012 at 9:27 am #

tough life you lead eh Chase?

3. Chase March 7, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Chase, I just saw this video. I know you’re working non-stop in Colorado, but- You HAVE to watch this…

Get this guy on LIVE.
    This is what you’re about- Sharing and spreading knowledge for the greater good.

4. CW March 7, 2012 at 9:42 am #

Very cool. Thanks Chase and everyone for the cool look into another shoot :)

5. chris March 7, 2012 at 9:55 am #

I second the zoom comment. Sorry, but it’s annoying and distracting.

6. Morgan March 7, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Hi Chase
    great vid ! i was wondering still using D3s and D7000 or have you got the chance to try D4, D800 ??

7. Alexander Petrov March 7, 2012 at 10:35 am #

Cool glasses!

8. Lizzie Larock March 7, 2012 at 10:36 am #

OMG Chase Jarvis shooting Chris Davenport – wish I could have been there. Very very cool. Enjoy Aspen. I highly recommend the yellowtail new style at Matsuhisa, the burgers & fries at CP Burger, smooth tequila at Jimmy’s, breakfast at Peach’s, chocolate chip cookies at Paradise Bakery, red wine at Il Mulino. OOOh I’m hungry. Who am I kidding, I recommend just about anything and everything in Aspen. So. So. Fun. But I live in Steamboat, so we wish you were HERE. Enjoy the Aspenites. Maybe pop on over to the Boat for some incredible snow. Best–Lizzie Larock (avid photographer and eater)

9. Wellington Gonzalez March 7, 2012 at 11:13 am #

I feel like I am part of the crew! Thank you for your updates! Great job guys!!!!

10. Charles E. Carstensen March 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

Photographers should not have so much fun!!
    Great, thanks,
    C

11. Scott March 7, 2012 at 6:17 pm #

I just love it when you just can’t say that you can’t say enough about your appreciation for things.

Nice work, Chase.

12. Keaton March 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

Thanks Chase! Excited to see some of your shots from the top of The Dumps. I was skiing on Ajax and wondering what was going on over there. Especially excited to see some of the heli-cam footage. Must of been very difficult flying with the wind and tight trees. For your skiing stills, how much do you prep the shot (moving snow, setting up reflectors, etc.)?

13. DanielKphoto March 7, 2012 at 10:53 pm #

Sounds great, good luck tomorrow! The snaps at the end looked great!

14. Raman Singh March 8, 2012 at 1:20 am #

Brilliant!.. loving everything you guys doing. cant wait for the next chapter!.

15. Wes Shelley March 9, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

Awesome vid. I’m loving the behind the scenes stuff. Oh, and I think the saying goes ‘can’t say enough good things about…’

16. Bud Magliolo June 27, 2012 at 8:37 am #

Many individuals miss the initial handful of crucial actions, like making positive you have got a quite good

17. Austin Magnia June 28, 2012 at 11:41 am #

Hanging out to your blog website is extremely helpfull, Waiting your next articles. Soundcloud buy

18. Gail Wygal July 7, 2012 at 12:41 am #

Numerous thanks much for excellent write-up, I’m enthusiastic get more info inside you.

19. Deon Annicchiarico July 22, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

I merely wanted to chuck which you basically big thank you you cleared up numerous items personally!

20. Ambrose Zufall June 21, 2013 at 6:40 pm #

I’m impressed, I have to say. In fact

21. uploaded.net premium account generator June 26, 2013 at 4:37 am #

Everything is very open with a precise description of the challenges. It was really informative. Your website is very useful. Many thanks for sharing!

22. solar photovoltaic June 26, 2013 at 9:36 am #

Thumbs up here ! ,Great Post! , Keep up the good work.

23. Ambrose June 26, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won’t cross the street to vote

24. Leila Eidschun June 28, 2013 at 6:44 am #

When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any way you possibly can take away me from that service? Thanks! lso99isZ33

25. affair sites reviews February 28, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

I’m not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.