The “BEFORE” Shots: Eerie Rescue Photos 100 Years After The Titanic Went Down

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
RMS Titanic lifeboat being emptied of water aboard the Carpathia

RMS Titanic lifeboat being emptied of water aboard the Carpathia

18 Responses to The “BEFORE” Shots: Eerie Rescue Photos 100 Years After The Titanic Went Down

1. Derwin April 18, 2012 at 11:35 am #

These images are amazing!!!! Gave me the chills when I saw them.

2. Jonathan April 18, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Very cool and moving images. Surprising photographic quality!

3. curtis April 18, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

Nice photos. I think it would be even more eerie seeing the photo where it happened, like a ghost!

4. Jiri Malcharek April 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

Love the sign “Titanic” in the first picture.

5. Aviva April 18, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Amazing images. Really sad and brings about alot of emotion looking at them. Thanks for
    sharing Chase :)

<3 The Agents

6. Greg April 18, 2012 at 11:39 pm #

Its crazy most of the men refused to get on the lifeboats so the women children can live and the couple of men that did were seen as cowards & their social lives were ruined.

7. faisal April 19, 2012 at 5:31 am #

Looked stunning for those times.

8. Kim April 19, 2012 at 5:59 am #

Amazing photos. Makes my stomach turn to think about that day a century ago.

9. Braden Talbot April 20, 2012 at 7:18 am #

Titanic never gets old, to me. I’ve been fascinated by it since I learned of her story as a kid in the early 90′s.

Thank you for these haunting photos.

10. Moritz April 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

amazing and timeless images that most likely wouldnt mean by far as much if it wouldnt have been for the tragedy.

moritz

11. Hankk April 29, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

Regarding the New York American newspaper photo of Titanic steaming into a massive berg: I’m glad to see that overly enthusiastic photo-shopping isn’t something new to this era.

12. alanc230 May 4, 2012 at 11:37 am #

I’m struck by the image of the young woman and her two children. She looks utterly blank, as if she’s in shock. Wonder who she is and if she had just lost her husband.

13. walking dead season 1 episode 3 March 2, 2013 at 11:56 am #

I think the same thing happens with older kids too, when they are exposed to media that is too complex for their social/emotional development. When the movie Mean Girls came out, some of our 5th grade girls were allowed to watch it at a sleepover. They promptly made their own “burn book” like the bullying characters in the movie, and wreaked havoc in the 5th grade girls’ social world. They got the message to do whatever it takes to be “popular” but not the message about how others would think that those behaviors would make others dislike them. I immediately thought of this situation when I read the study. Ironically, the prevention lessons about bullying and relational aggression that I had taught previous to this incident, and the interventions that I put into place in response to it were based on Rosalind Wiseman’s book Queen Bees and Wannabees, which was the inspiration for Mean Girls.

14. klik tu February 12, 2014 at 8:11 am #

Appreciate it regarding penning this you put by you a lot of help this kind of rule!

15. Sugaring Zürich July 2, 2014 at 6:44 am #

We enjoyed fresh maple syrup on pancakes for breakfast this morning! With sugaring season in full swing in New England, and our supply refreshed, I am contemplating of other ways our family members may well use the sweet stuff this week: glaze for ham tomorrow night and my hubby’s favoriteover vanilla ice cream!

16. healthy living tips for kids July 25, 2014 at 2:39 am #

Howdy very nice web site!! Man .. Excellent ..
    Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?
    I’m glad to search out numerous useful information right here
    within the put up, we need work out extra techniques
    on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . .

17. Allyson Silvio July 30, 2014 at 2:27 am #

I simply can not come across a place here to order a subscribtion to “Letters in the Mail” for just a present or two and also for myself.It sounds like a wonderful idea and several of my good friends will likely be delighted to receive letters in the mail….Diane

18. Dan Darmiento July 31, 2014 at 7:52 am #

This is absolutely brilliant! Congratulations on trying to revitalize the written word no texting, no email, no whatever’s next! I don’t own a computer proud of being “computer free”. Maybe old fashioned, but receiving a hand written letter is going to be so refreshing! Thank you for focusing on a rapidly declining art the hand written letter and/or note.Can’t wait to receive my first letter! Judy Robertson