zoe keating on chase jarvis liveUPDATE!! If you’re reading this now – the LIVE broadcast is TODAY. Check out the post below and be sure to tune into http://www.chasejarvis.com/live today — 11am SEA time (2pm NYC & 19:00 London) — and enjoy the show. See you on air in a few…
——-

Now more than ever before, we artists are entrepreneurs. Born from opportunity or necessity or both, we have become the CEO’s of ourselves. We create our art and our brand, and then–regardless of whether we’re commercial- or fine-artists, or both–we share, market, strategize, license, sell, distribute, invest, manage, and collect on that art ourselves.

For those that have cracked this nut – good for you. For the rest of artists–which is a disproportionally huge chunk–who are struggling to make the art, the future, the business happen, please allow me introduce you to Zoë Keating. Take my word for it…few–if any–creatives in the world run their own career better than Zoë. As a classically trained musician turned avant-garde cellist–or ‘avant cellist’ as she calls herself–she has mastered the balancing act between art & commerce, between artist & fan. And that’s why she’ll be my next guest on chasejarvisLIVE this Wednesday, May 2nd. Prepare to learn the secret sauce for ‘Artist as Entrepreneur’, how she created a fanbase of millions and don’t miss her LIVE PERFORMANCE where she’ll blow you away with her cello like you’ve never seen one played before. #Respect. Follow @zoecello, check out her compelling music before the show and follow me @chasejarvis on twitter to get updates now until the show and beyond.

THE DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW…

Who: You, Me, ZOË KEATING and a worldwide gathering of creative people
What: Live Performance and Q&A with the inspirational ZOË KEATING
When: Wednesday, May 2nd, 11:00am Seattle time (2 pm NYC time or 19:00 London)
Where: tune in to www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free – anyone can watch.

This episode of chasejarvis LIVE might just be the one that sets your ideas in motion and sets you on your path.

***And last but not least… 2 things very important…:

1. Score. In order to pimp this show and help bring together another gi-normous worldwide online audience, Zoe will be giving away 2 signed CD’s and perhaps some merchandise if we can round it up. To score one of these collector items, send out a creative and interesting tweet that contains the URL (or short url) to THIS post AND hashtag #cjLIVE starting NOW and ending at the beginning of the show on Wednesday. Enter as many times (tweets) as you want – tweet and retweet – we’ll be watching out for your shoutouts.

2. Print it. If you want to score a one-of-a kind signed photo that I shoot of Zoë, tune in during the show – I’ll tell you how.

10 Responses to Artist as Entrepreneur: Making Art + A Living with Zoë Keating on #cjLIVE – Wed May 2nd

1. Shakila Albert April 25, 2012 at 10:18 am #

Hi, my name is Shakila Albert and I am currently working on this project called this iSearch, where I choose a topic i find that interests me. (photography) I was wondering if I could interview you. Please email me back.

2. Matt April 25, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

I’ve been a fan of Zoe’s for a few years now, and I am, not to belabor the obvious, a fan of you. I’m looking forward to tuning in. Thanks ffor putting this together!

3. James Dyas Davidson April 26, 2012 at 5:37 am #

Chase – Never heard of Zoe before and having watched some of the videos and listened to some of her music, I’m really looking forward to this.
    Thank you for bringing her work to my attention.

4. RvF April 26, 2012 at 7:12 am #

This sounds like a very intriguing event, I’ve just listen to some of Zoe’s music and I really liked it, she’s a true artist! it’s going to be interesting to hear how she balances her art with the commercial side of the business. Looking forward watching you photographing Zoe too.

5. faisal April 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Not really a big fan of hers but the attention she gets is truly note worthy.

6. Denzil Jennings April 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

I’ve been a huge fan of hers for a few years now. Can’t wait!

7. Sergiu May 2, 2012 at 5:39 am #

This should be interesting.

8. Maranda Blasengame April 6, 2014 at 7:28 pm #

I am blessed to get grown up with Harry Kalas calling each baseball game of my childhood, living in the Philadelphia area. I cried once i observed about his death, and I can nevertheless listen to his “outta here” homerun calls when I’m watching games today. Since his passing, the Phillies will participate in the clip of him singing “High Hopes” following just about every win. It can make me wish that a great deal much more for a victory.

9. how to recover deleted files April 19, 2014 at 11:38 pm #

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

10. Contracts SIM cards April 23, 2014 at 3:37 am #

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written much better! Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I am going to send this information to him. Pretty sure he’s going to have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!