Best Photo Locations: Abandoned Six Flags In New Orleans

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

by Keo 101

This is a good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very precise information

I got this website from my buddy who informed me concerning this web page and now this
time I am browsing this site and reading very informative articles here.

hey, Hey make sure you assist me to affect the elgg, interpersonal torch theme to 1. main You should i want to recognize that site within mod to be able to alter to create my configuration with the active features Ough should create your individual layouts’. Ex., directly into folder views

Lang Ping said yesterday: “I feel very proud, and have the determination and confidence to do)Shenyang Zhongze football team set sail marshal Li Jinyu as coach the reporter learned yesterday, Liaoning Zhongze group recently completed the acquisition of Shenyang Shenbei Football Club 100% equity

Every single plan or perhaps software possesses its professionals and crons and so it has the totally inappropriate sighting the actual negative things about the item. They have almost all of the excellent details so when some time goes these kind of weak points will likely be soughted away. . -= GadgetGuide4U’s very last site… Google Software package For Android has become Avaiable =-.

tafep.org says:

What youre saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what youre trying to say. Im sure youll reach so many people with what youve got to say.

This web site can be a stroll-by for all of the information you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and also you’ll undoubtedly uncover it.

You made some nice points there. I did a search on the topic and found a good number of people will consent with your blog.

One more thing. I believe that there are numerous travel insurance internet sites of trustworthy companies that permit you to enter a trip details and obtain you the estimates. You can also purchase the international holiday insurance policy on the internet by using your credit card. All you have to do is usually to enter all travel particulars and you can understand the plans side-by-side. Just find the package that suits your financial allowance and needs and use your credit card to buy the item. Travel insurance on the web is a good way to check for a respected company with regard to international travel insurance. Thanks for discussing your ideas.

I feel this is one of the most essential details personally. And I am grateful reading your report. But should remark on some common points, the site design is wonderful, the content articles is very fantastic: D. Excellent work, cheers

I’ve not checked in here for a while as I thought it was acquiring boring, but the last couple of posts are excellent quality so I guess I¡¦ll add you back to my day-to-day bloglist. You deserve it friend

This internet site is actually only wonderful, the details is upgraded and also crystal clear. I will absolutely see this site again. I’m sorry if my English really isn’t sufficient, i am actually a Spanish foreign language presenter, sorry about that. Maintain the good work:-RRB-.

Thanks , I have recently been looking for info about this topic for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve found out so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you positive in regards to the supply?

Pilgrim says:

Although grls wore jeewelry tthe most, some men in the Indus Valley wore
beads.

Magnificent website. Plenty of helpful information here. I

Sheri Mccall says:

Wow, how depressing is that this, not the write-up even so the variety of sheep who get in to this crap.

Which card is very best and simple to get if We have pretty low credit score? Any recommendation

website says:

two column mounted tachs? At least thats what it appears like!

god says:

Certainly feel that which you stated. Your favourite cause appeared to be to the world-wide-web the simplest factor to get mindful of. I say for you, I undoubtedly get irked whilst folks consider worries which they just usually do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the prime too as defined out the whole factor with no obtaining aspect impact , men and women can consider a signal. Will almost certainly be back again to put together far more. Thanks

Xuan Savka says:

I’m so satisfied to examine this. This is the kind of manual that wants to generally be offered instead of the accidental misinformation which is on the other blogs. Value your sharing this ideal doc.

hotels says:

always i used to read smaller articles or reviews which also clear
their motive, and that is also happening with this
post which I am reading here.

EB says:

FYI: Went to Six Flags New Orleans today to try and take some pics. THere was a security guard at the gate and a lot of construction workers on site so we couldn’t get in. SGuard saud someone purchased it and has plans to build a mall of some sort.

Jamel Butsch says:

There is a bundle to attain out in relation to this. You ended careful points also.

I found so a lot of worthy of note ram in your blog markedly its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I estimate I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep in the lead the clear work.

Kareen Pazik says:

I’d approximating to enjoin a quantity of far-off currency Preteen Videos
To all you haters who reflect this video is lame… fuck you. This is what sex ought to be… perverse, erotic, and very self-same vivid. You imagine this stuff aint real? reflect yet again assholes. If i dig a guy an adequate amount, (and btw, this guy is excitable. i approximating the super ripped, nix fat clean stiff and his cock bulk is just perfect!) then i ll accomplish what on earth it takes to cum and cum hard. i d beat his thigh, with criticize muscles and suck on his toes, condition he keeps em spotless and clipped, possibly still name his butt. and i extremely darling the spit swap. i love guys who are self-confident as much as necessary to try cumulative. and suppose what, most of the times its same male men, convinced in their sexuality who are ready to try new to the job shit and that is why they get laid added than some of you homophobic cunts. peace.

This is my earliest epoch holiday at at here and i am genuinely pleassant
to interpret every next to unaccompanied place.

Erik says:

I went to six flags last week. the place is super creepy but awesome. here are some of my shots:

I think that I use that great post to my job :)

Old Miami Marlins (Minor League) Stadium in Downtown Miami – Wynwood Area. AKA Bobby Maduro Stadium. http://carlosfernandezphotography.com/what-do-peter-frampton-and-the-miami-marlins-have-in-common

Ed Luna says:

Perhaps my experience at Six Flags New Orleans was not typical, but I was there last year (2011) and got arrested. Initially, I went in alone, and saw a number of people in there already. But within twenty minutes, all of us were arrested and charged with trespassing. The entire group spent the next eight hours in holding, and we ended up at Orleans Parish Prison (OPP). It was a HIGHLY UNPLEASANT experience, yet few of the blogs that talk about this place bother to mention this danger. So if you do plan to go, prepare for the worst. Make arrangements with someone to have the bail money (approximately $150) ready. It is a marvelous, beat-down place, so in a way, it’s worth it. But the arrest is a huge pain in the ass. It’s also worth noting that the NOPD officers do NOT find it amusing that people come from far and wide to celebrate a reminder of what was lost.

[Oh and for the record, the following afternoon, the prosecutor more or less allowed us to enter an obscure plea (a term I can’t remember at the moment) under which I accepted the charge without further fines or jail time.I therefore have an arrest on my record, but no conviction. A rather expensive and time-consuming flirtation with the Louisiana justice system, just to see an abandoned amusement park with my own eyes.]

mg says:

this site collects tons of obscure locations around the wold.
some good photospots. always worth checking out when youre traveling.

dizzle says:

is this place still around?

This is an awesome photo location. There is something mysterious/eery about abandoned places.

Moritz says:

looks like an amazing location to shoot at, would be such a cool spot for a fashion shoot.
i have recently done an art nude shoot with a model at an abondoned shool near london, uk… there is a company renting out old abondoned buildings for next to nothing as ‘live in security’. the indoor basketball was still preped for the final exam with 100s of tables and chairs and most the rooms look like class will be back tomorrow

ak says:

this is a ling shot, but I’m in Nola til Thursday (5/17) and am hoping to get out to the six flags. A bunch of my friends went last year and said it’s not to be missed.

Problem is I don’t have a car. Also sounds like it’s more highly patrolled and more dangerous now. Is it possible to get out by bus or get dropped off nearby by taxi? Or is it just too dangerous/not worth it?

SB says:

We’re in exactly the same boat! We’re also not Americans, so we’re afraid of getting deported.

ak says:

That’d definitely put a damper on the trip :). Anyone with experience have thoughts? I think it’s going to have to be sunrise tomorrow or nothing. Would love to get some expert advice!

ak says:

For the curious, I ended up taking the bus and went around sunset. It’s not the fastest way, but I did get to see a lot of the city. I never felt unsafe. I’m a girl and I went alone. A word of warning, there looked to be work being done near the old wooden coaster. There were a bunch of freshly cut branches in a neat pile and two trash bags filled with leaves. If you do go, go late, early, or on the weekend. Otherwise you might run into workers :/

Tim Jackson says:

I have shot there a few times on my downtime from my travels to New Orleans. Its a great place to shoot but be care full there is gators around and inside the park and the third time I shot there I was caught by the police but managed to BS my way out with press credentials. The cops were cool they were just concerend with squaters and vandals. I have heard recently that its dew to be torn down sometime this year tho so go soon if you want to see it. I have some pics on my flickr and I recently went to the aboundoned Turnpike tunnel in PA were some scenes from the movie the Road was filmed you can see on my 500px site.

Nick says:

Be sure to check out the abandoned Chinatown theme park in Orlando, FL and the abandoned Disneyland in China: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNcuAOEzOy4&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

Photography says:

It helped lot. You have great blog . there is lot of stuff which is readable and useful.

E Lamprecht says:

There is also a beautiful abandoned amusement park in Berlin. It was formerly the Spree park I think. Incredible setting.

Pamela Reed says:

While this location in NOLA is awesome we locals know you should stay out of there for multiple reasons. Number one the cops are patrolling it very heavily now, the fines are outrageous. And secondly it is very very dangerous due to violent crime. It is one of the coolest places on the planet but we don’t recommend shooting here. Just a head’s up to those thinking of ‘breaking’ in.

I know a handful of photographers that have been in Six Flags in the past month. None of them encountered any problems with cops or violence. However, your own results may vary. As with all urban exploration locations, timing is of the essence.

faisal says:

Really break taking pictures. Beauty lies in the vision.

BezOcean says:

Find it fairly up to the photographers to cross the limitations and create! Great post!

I shot Six Flags last June. Here are a couple of photos:

Even better, I visited Japan’s abandoned Nara Dreamland amusement park last month: http://www.flickr.com/photos/motionblur/sets/72157629625826728/

i live about 45 min from new orleans, i’ve visited the six flags site twice now. its supposed to be demolished this summer (they’ve said this before) i plan to go out one more time soon before they demolish it.

here are the photos i took from the last visit:

The Eastown Theatre in Detroit. Completely abandoned and easily accessible. I just returned from doing a photo shoot with a band for a magazine and it was an amazing place to work in. We shot in there for 4 hours and weren’t bothered at all. I can’t post any of the band photos yet but I’ve posted links to a few of the interior shots I took.

Address: 8041 Harper Avenue, Detroit, MI 48213

Chris Horner says:

Michigan Central Station in Detroit, MI. One of the greatest urban ruins in the country.

Tried to get in there last week. Unfortunately Homeland security has it completely locked down and monitor it constantly

I have friends who still get inside. It’s all about timing. :)

Abandoned futuro-style housing development on the coast in Taiwan. http://www.craigfergusonimages.com/2011/03/taiwans-other-pod-village/

LACY says:

Dogpatch USA. Arkansas. A theme park from 1968-93. It is abandoned. Also, several abandoned projects of former popular televangelist Jim Bakker. Herigage USA is one. Many of his “projects” were multi million dollar fetes, that usually were never completed and have now been abandoned and left in disrepair. While both have been photographed by a trespassor or here and there, none do either justice to the state they are currently in.

Dogpatch USA http://www.abandonedok.com/dogpatch-u-s-a/

Heritage http://illicitohio.com/SBNO/heritage/tour036.htm

Joey Buczek says:

Buffalo Central Terminal in Buffalo, NY was an awesome abandoned building to sneak into to take pics, and um.. souvenirs of sorts. Now its being restored, so its easier to gain access and looks a lot better with the restoration underway.

Michelle says:

I thought that this was being demolished in 2011? Evidently not? It’s on my bucket list, but I fear it will be demolished before I get there!

Dave Edens says:

This instagram user has been posting a series of shots from 6 flags .

Small world! I gave him the information on how to get into Six Flags. :)

How DO you get in there? Planning a photo trip to New Orleans the later half of October.

Lana says:

Chris- I’m looking to do a shoot out there for Amelie G magazine in the next week or so. What’s the deal with access? What are the restrictions?

Lana

paula says:

I to go with my Sun I am 1 like to take I am 1 like to take some pictur is it worth gettin is it worth getting in he 17 an he 17 and I do not want us to get caught in arrested.

I know Chris Luckhardt talked about shooting there last year. I wish I could find the link for it now, but it was on the Full Frame podcast. I’m pretty sure the podcast is dead now, but the archives are still up at http://www.perpetualradio.com/fullframe Chris’ website is at http://chrisluckhardt.com and you can see some of his Six Flags pictures on there. Looks like a very cool place to shoot. He tells a great story about his time in there.

Chris Luckhardt? Never heard of him. ;)

Full Frame ended, but I started up a new photography podcast with Ren: http://www.motionblurmedia.ca/podcasts/picture-this

FAB says:

I shot a few frames there in 2009, I sneaked in for 10 minutes while my wife was waiting for me with the motor running. It was scary!

I used to love scouting the well known hellingly mental asylum in sussex. http://www.flickr.com/photos/enticknap/2685598128/in/set-72157606808836329
I always wanted to take some models and shoot but never got the nerve

Jock says:

Why does the state and city let this death trap still exist.

They should make SIX FLAGS clear it out.

Onionhead says:

So many reasons…mostly cuz six flags barely owns it, city can’t come to an agreement on rehab with potential developers, owners and city can’t come to agreements…such a long involved story. The place was just about bankrupt before Katrina. What do you expect from an amusement park that sits in the middle of a swamp? I drove by there on may way to and from work every day for four years after Katrina…at least it has high fences etc and is out in the middle of nowhere…only a deathtrap to those that seek it out unlike the many many houses in neighborhoods around the city that are potential deathtraps.

steven_b says:

This looks totally sick…I have a weird with urban decay, any cool places in arizona that anyone knows about?? I only know of one place in phoenix…

Anonymous says:

theres an abandoned airport in Arizona

Sonal says:

There is an awesome/eerie video done of this Six Flags.

Jens says:

That place looks amazing, I really wanna shoot there.

Colin says:

These pictures remind me of the Prypiat amusement park.

John DuBois says:

This past January I was lucky enough to be visiting New Orleans when a friend told me about and brought me to the abandoned Six Flags. It’s an incredibly eerie and surreal place to be. Definitely had some hesitation walking through the front gate, but once we got inside I was entranced by this massive theme park frozen in time for the last 6 years. Luckily I had my camera in hand and got enough to put together a photo essay for my website. Check it out at http://thejohndubois.com/Photo-Essays

In Pearland, TX there is an abandoned 64,000 Mansion. I’ve walked around it before but never shot there. It’d be pretty cool though. http://www.houstonpress.com/slideshow/inside-pearlands-mystery-mansion-28210464/

I live in New Orleans and have shot at Six Flags a couple of times. Awesome and very odd location! Recently shot a great fashion editorial there. You can have a look on my site. http://www.craigmulcahy.net or here http://500px.com/CMulcahy/stories/33080/fashion-editorial-sixflags-new-orleans

Cheers!