Breaking News: Facebook Launches Photo App

Facebook dropped a photo app today that will definitely turn a few heads. The app is chock-full of the features iPhone photographers want: You can crop, rotate and add filters to any picture in your camera roll in app. If your Facebook use is all about photos this app could replace the regular Facebook app. It offers a “news feed” that exclusively shows pictures as its home page. Screen shots below. What do you guys think? Like, Dislike, Neutral?

Facebook Photo App on Chase Jarvis Blog

Facebook Photo App on Chase Jarvis Blog

You made some nice points there. I did a search on the topic and found a good number of people will consent with your blog.

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation however
I find this topic to be actually one thing which I feel I’d never understand.

It sort of feels too complex and very huge for me.
I’m looking ahead on your subsequent put up, I’ll attempt to get the grasp of
it!

Thanks a lot for providing individuals with such a pleasant possiblity to read in detail from this website. It’s always very good and as well , jam-packed with a great time for me personally and my office peers to visit your web site not less than three times in one week to see the latest tips you have got. And of course, I’m so certainly fulfilled with all the powerful secrets you serve. Some 3 areas in this article are without a doubt the most effective I have had.

Appreciate it intended for a different essential document. Wherever else can any individual get in which form of info in their normal comprehensive technique of composing? I’ve the presentation newly arriving 7 days, along with I will be on the lookout for these kinds of data.

21. Tony Gonzalez, Small come to an outcome, Altlanta ga Falcons: Tony more than certainly as opposed to attending anyplace in addition to vinings also michael’s table, Except he’s like the real estate professional. He previously perhaps probably the most year to do with a future all the way through 2012, Finding and capturing 93 golf tennis baseprojectiles during 908 feets moreover credit credit rating 8 touchdowns.

Simon Lafler says:

This post is in fact a nice one it helps new web people, who are wishing for blogging.

Matt Simmons says:

Facebook is my primary social networking site. I’ll have to try the app before I really have an opinion, but it could be convenient for posting on the go stuff… I have instagram and use it, but it could use some better features.

Nick Botner says:

It’s definitely a great addition to having “fun” photos in my facebook news stream. But that’s about as far as it goes for me.

This is interesting. Thanks for the post. Now I’ve got to get another app :)

FSW says:

If you don’t allow location services, it can’t look at your pics. Kind of odd. I’m not impressed.

There are lots of better apps out there including yours, Chase.

jeroenh says:

dirk jorn and zowieso ;) leave it to the dutch to get this app rollin’

Scott says:

I though the new Facebook Camera app was pretty good actually, I didn’t like the feel of the feed but the actual camera and filters were pretty good.

Dov says:

FB iOS in general is crap and their photo app is crap. I will remain an Instagram whore (find me @cliquesphotobooth)
Here’s a solid article on the FB photo app:

Adam C says:

I love innovation but there are so many other photo apps that share to social media sites… it almost seems a little too late for this one… when i can find it on google play i’ll probably try it but still i think showing a print to a person trumps sharing pixels.

faisal says:

This is an awesome app, way to go Facbeook.

I think FB is starting to head in the direction of MYspace. Buggy interface, most likely ruining instagram and I think in general people are starting to come up and breath from the social network era we have seen over the last 5 or so years. I have seen a huge fall off in participation and I think people a craving some real human interaction.

I agree with Steven (way above). The regular Facebook app is such an awful experience. It’s so slow and buggy that I never want to use it. I’ve lost so much confidence in FB that I won’t even try this new app. I’ll just stick with Instagram and my real film cameras.

Maybe this new app is why FB bought Instagram – to avoid patent litigation. What I have seen of the new FB app makes it look a little Instagram-ish.

Jürgen says:

This will cause so much more usless and bad pictures in the web…

jose says:

I’ll stick with instagram until something better comes along.

Kimberly says:

Instagram is just a rip-off of The Best Camera!

Derek says:

Its not bad. Fairly fast. Con is that the description overlays onto the image (no way to view just the image).

The reason why facebooked released this app even though they own instagram is because the development of this app happened way before the buyout. The team put a lot of work into the application and they wanted to release it.

Gregory says:

I just don’t understand why Facebook bought Instagram if they were going to come out with their own social photo app!

Martin says:

Don’t look bad but i think it will kill Instagram and i really do not want that to happend :/

Nick says:

Google+ is far superior for photographers.

shawn says:

Facebook is a suck ass mobile experience. So it makes sense that they would launch a skinny way to use FB via mobile.

From Peta…. “It also all but replaces the regular Facebook app for those people who only use Facebook for photos by offering a “news feed” that shows only pictures as its home page” http://www.petapixel.com/2012/05/24/facebook-launches-its-own-camera-app/

Until FB figures out mobile, they will continue to nibble around the edges.

Ben says:

I think it’s a genius idea from them. But I doubt they will implement it in a way that is user-centric. I agree with others who say their app is garbage.

I doubt I’ll use it unless it is an easier way to upload images from Camera+. (by far the best camera app since Best Camera)

Mike Carney says:

+1 for Camera+ being the best camera app. Personally, I need a countdown timer in my app to use my ClearShot credit card sized iPhone tripod.

matthew says:

Good point about those of us that would rather use the apps and tools that allows us to share to multiple services/sites, instead of having it locked in Facebook.

As someone who uses an Android device, I remain incredulous that Facebook could not simultaneously release this app for both platforms. I’m running out of breath to sigh anymore.

Gary says:

Thank you matthew I was going to say the same thing about Android. I forgave Instagram because they were a tiny company and didn’t have the resources or Android programmer background but that isn’t the case with Facebook it is mind boggling that they cut out such a large segment of their users on a launch like this.

I think this all apps are for having fun with your phone camera when you don’t want to go out with your dslr or you just see a pic that can go on the run!!!!!
Saludos desde Chihuahua México!!!!!!!

Steve says:

I agree with Steven above regarding Instagram. It does look promising though. Personally, I think the Facebook iOS app (iPhone and iPad) is garbage…meaning its slow, buggy and unreliable. If this photo app works more seamlessly with fewer issues, I’ll probably use it occasionally.

Facebook bought Instagram for a reason. Now they can capitalize on this and not have the competition from them. Business-wise it’s a good move….but still I’m so sick of the mobile camera apps and cheesy filtering.

rik says:

i tried finding it in the app store, but it doesn’t seem to be there yet, unless it’s called something other than “facebook camera”

Jonathan says:

I had trouble finding it via search. Here’s a link:

Steven says:

It looks cool but I’ll continue to use Instagram because I want to share my photos to different places at the same time and it lets me do that very easily.