Photographing the Imagination – or is it… Imagining the Photograph?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Four Seasons, Bora Bora

Four Seasons, Bora Bora, All Photos via The Cool Hunter

Albert Einstein said “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Coming from a guy who had some serious knowledge that is a powerful statement.

One of the things that stimulates imagination is, of course, travel. The unknown lands that lie in wait. People, landscapes, colors, architecture, the ever-present but never-the-same-sunset (so popular among the blossoming photographers…), the promise of change and the joy of coming back home. As someone who travels for a living (Im running around today preparing for a trip off the coast of Brazil with my friend Mike Horn tomorrow – standby for more on that), I can say that my love for the journey and curiosity of what is around the next bend remain undiminished. And while the travel photograph can be a cliche, it is undeniable that a great image of an undiscovered destination can transport you to a new experience – and light up your imagination. Click through the images above, but be warned, you might empty out your savings account and be on Trippy.com booking your next jaunt after viewing some of these. Some of these places are totally foreign to me, some Ive been lucky enough to visit at some point, but all of them have been captured in an exquisite way that inspire my imagination.

______
If you like these, there are lots more as part of the series, Amazing Places to Experience Around the Globe featured on The Cool Hunter.
The Cool Hunter reports that there will be a book coming out in late 2012. Might make a good Holiday gift for your loved ones who are long (or short!) on imagination.

15 Responses to Photographing the Imagination – or is it… Imagining the Photograph?

1. Scott Reither May 31, 2012 at 11:29 am #

Thanks for sharing these. #1, #11, & #12 are EPIC!! Look forward to hearing more about your coming adventure…

2. Nicolae Cioloca May 31, 2012 at 11:50 am #

So, what was first? The Emotion or the picture?

3. Amanda J May 31, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

the resort looked familiar from keeping up with the kardashians. oh wow, did i just say that??

4. Dan May 31, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Brilliant Shots! Awesome images!

5. Fabiano May 31, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

Chase, I notice the boat is in Sao Paulo, Hope you are heading north (To Rio), You must check

6. Fabiano May 31, 2012 at 6:52 pm #

Chase, I notice the boat is in Sao Paulo, Hope you are heading north (To Rio), you should check Ilha Grande, nice sea and dense forest. unique.

7. faisal June 1, 2012 at 5:33 am #

Its both ways, depending on what situation you are in.

8. RvF June 1, 2012 at 7:32 am #

Great images of beautiful places, … better pack my bag then:-)

9. Mike June 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

I wish you a nice time in Brazil, enjoy the beaches and more that this beatiful country can offer!

10. DanielKphoto June 6, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

The word gorgeous has just been redefined by some of these shots! I swear I’m gonna try and see as many epic places as possible :)

11. Famous Photographer June 10, 2012 at 8:41 am #

For me it’s the first. It’s always up to you on how you imagine your photograph to be. Nice and cool photos! Makes me appreciate more the wonders of nature.

12. Yangın Tesisatı December 8, 2014 at 8:18 am #

1. Be Committed to Your Vision | Chase Jarvis | An information resource for Photographic Studio Lighting Kits and Equipment. |  - June 2, 2012

[...] to your vision is important. Just ask my friend Mike Horn. I mentioned in my post yesterday (about imagination inspired by travel photos) that I was scurrying around getting ready for a trip with Mike. I’m running to the airport [...]

2. How to Commit: Photos of Mike Horn Onboard the Pangaea | Chase Jarvis Blog - June 5, 2012

3. Be Committed to Your Vision | - June 9, 2012